Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Loft

Well, its 2:40 am and I can not sleep. I need to get up at 5:30 am and attend a meeting but try as I might my mind will not click off.

A scary realization has hit me recently and it scares me. Let me try to explain despite my exhaustion. (Bare with me)

My company just made some very illogical decisions that I disagree with. I lost faith in the leadership. As I pondered why this is happening it hit me. The millennial generation is just starting to get into positions of power. Now, I myself am a millennial but the fact that the traditionalists and the baby boomers are going away scares me and so far by the decisions being made around me in the last few days I am being proven right.

That got me to thinking. The people who are fans of the original Macgyver are different than the average. There are deeper core values around the show that most of us connect with. That is why we are fans (in my view) At the core Macgyver cares about others, right and wrong, the environment, friendship and more. I believe its these core values that draw us to the show. I believe you care about those things too. So what I am saying is that the fans of the show represent the best of us.

So my point is this: The world needs other Macgyvers. The world needs us to step up and teach others. Sure we cant all fix everything but we can do what we can to make this world a better place. Technology is moving so fast. We are in brand new territory that no other generation ever had to deal with.

So I guess my message is get involved and just like Mac try to make this world better each day. Look for the opportunities to help....because this coming generation is lacking (not all but a lot)

Ok. Sorry for the late night preaching. wink.gif I don't mean for it to come off that way. blush.gif

Good night everyone.... yawn.gif Hopefully I will be able to sleep now. thumbsup.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
zoeryan
Posted: 6 December 2018 - 01:04 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Lthrman Squirt

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:ETSS, Partners
House:  House boat

Seems solid... However don't count out millennials, they tend to be more progressive and environmentally conscious than previous generations overall! smile.gif

"I'm not perfect.... yet."

"Are you crazy?" "It's been rumored..."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Sanguine
Posted: 6 December 2018 - 03:07 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Classic SD Pink

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:Halloween Knights
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Black leather

QUOTE (Beaum2000 @ 6 December 2018 - 02:58 AM)
Well, its 2:40 am and I can not sleep. I need to get up at 5:30 am and attend a meeting but try as I might my mind will not click off.

A scary realization has hit me recently and it scares me. Let me try to explain despite my exhaustion. (Bare with me)

My company just made some very illogical decisions that I disagree with. I lost faith in the leadership. As I pondered why this is happening it hit me. The millennial generation is just starting to get into positions of power. Now, I myself am a millennial but the fact that the traditionalists and the baby boomers are going away scares me and so far by the decisions being made around me in the last few days I am being proven right.

That got me to thinking. The people who are fans of the original Macgyver are different than the average. There are deeper core values around the show that most of us connect with. That is why we are fans (in my view) At the core Macgyver cares about others, right and wrong, the environment, friendship and more. I believe its these core values that draw us to the show. I believe you care about those things too. So what I am saying is that the fans of the show represent the best of us.

So my point is this: The world needs other Macgyvers. The world needs us to step up and teach others. Sure we cant all fix everything but we can do what we can to make this world a better place. Technology is moving so fast. We are in brand new territory that no other generation ever had to deal with.

So I guess my message is get involved and just like Mac try to make this world better each day. Look for the opportunities to help....because this coming generation is lacking (not all but a lot)

Ok. Sorry for the late night preaching. wink.gif I don't mean for it to come off that way. blush.gif

Good night everyone.... yawn.gif Hopefully I will be able to sleep now. thumbsup.gif

Amen, brother. Preach it.

"I am not mad. I'm just very, very determined." ------Murdoc, 'Cleo Rocks'

"What is the color of night?" ------Oblivion

Virtutis Gloria Merces.

Time you enjoy wasting isn't wasted time.

Highly Illogical. Delightfully Useless. Achtung Y'All.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
uniquelyjas
Posted: 6 December 2018 - 04:39 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:Faith, Hope, and Charity

I totally agree with you! You've said it well! Those of us who love the original MacGyver, at least myself, love him because he was a (pretty) regular guy who tried to help when he could, do what was right, and look beyond his own desires.

Jody~

"I've found from past experiences that the tighter your plan, the more likely you are to run into something unpredictable" ~ MacGyver (The Heist)

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll