Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat

I think I just found out the most controversial piece of information on themacgyverprojectblogspot. Holly Fields, the first actress to play Jennifer was 12 years old at the time of Runners! They had her dressed up as a whore, hassling with men, getting slapped around... Talking about having, pardon my French: chops!

Right now, I'm looking at her biography on IMDB. She's born in 1976, making her 39 right now. At first I was thinking maybe that should be 1967. And now I just gotten curious how she got the part. How do you get a 12 year old playing a runaway-teen-turned-whore? Of course they can't all be like Hermoine but seriously I think that might be a very interesting story. This seemed like quite a bold move from the crew or maybe she just lied about her age, might even explain why her role is played by someone else in MacGyver's Women.

Holly always kept busy. Guest starring here and there and in the last years went into the voicing business, mostly video games.

I agree with macgyverprojectblogspot that it's quite impressive for a 12 year old to play a role like that.

Any other thoughts or ideas?

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
themacgyverproject
Posted: 8 January 2016 - 06:34 AM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Gauntlet
Jacket:  Brown bomber

If I had to bet on it, I'd bet that she wasn't really 12 and that her public record birthday is incorrect (because she looks and acts much older than 12). But if she was actually 12 (which I highly doubt), it was a very impressive performance and also strange that they would have cast her. I found
an interview with her (which I haven't listened to) on a Quantum Leap podcast (where she also played an adult-style role at the age of 12/13) -- maybe the age comes up in this interview?

PMEmail PosterUsers Website                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 9 January 2016 - 03:05 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

A kiss onscreen at the age of 13 and he was 35 on Quantum Leap? Wow, I thought a 14 year old Fred Savage kissing 20 year old Julie Condra was cool. I mean this, this would so hard not be allowed anymore. But the interview indeed states that she was 12/13 during Quantum Leap. It was the next show she did after MacGyver. But I guess this kinda of settles it. Both her episodes were in 1989 and the interviewer says it you were 13 and he was 35. He = Scott Bakula the lead of Quantum Leap. That's impressive indeed and she acts like it was the most normal thing at the time. So who are we to judge than?

But Holly Fields seems like a really nice person.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
KiwiTek
Posted: 9 January 2016 - 03:34 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Runners
Jacket:  Brown bomber

QUOTE (MacGyverGod @ 10 January 2016 - 12:05 AM)
A kiss onscreen at the age of 13 and he was 35 on Quantum Leap? Wow, I thought a 14 year old Fred Savage kissing 20 year old Julie Condra was cool.

Cool? huh.gif

He = Scott Bakula the lead of Quantum Leap. That's impressive indeed and she acts like it was the most normal thing at the time. So who are we to judge than?

I guess it depends on the story. Quantum Leap had a habit of putting different people "inside" the ones we see on screen so it's possible that the person Scott's character leaped into a teenage boy or something like that.

MDDHosting - Professional Wed Hosting Solutions

PM                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 9 January 2016 - 04:13 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

QUOTE (KiwiTek @ 9 January 2016 - 12:34 PM)
QUOTE (MacGyverGod @ 10 January 2016 - 12:05 AM)
A kiss onscreen at the age of 13 and he was 35 on Quantum Leap? Wow, I thought a 14 year old Fred Savage kissing 20 year old Julie Condra was cool.

Cool? huh.gif

He = Scott Bakula the lead of Quantum Leap. That's impressive indeed and she acts like it was the most normal thing at the time. So who are we to judge than?

I guess it depends on the story. Quantum Leap had a habit of putting different people "inside" the ones we see on screen so it's possible that the person Scott's character leaped into a teenage boy or something like that.

Well actually it was written for The Wonder Years, so they wanted it to happen. Maybe it wasn't so spontaneous. But again, what 14 year old boy can say he kissed a 20 year old girl. Even if it was his job? I know, this sounds weird. laugh.gif

But that's not the point here. I was talking about Holly Fields here who got the part of Jennifer at the age of 12. She does seem a lot older than that. Maybe she was quite mature for her age. I don't know.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll