Please Note      

You can only post replies to topics already posted in this forum. You can not start new topics. If you would like to discuss a character which doesn't already have their own topic please start the new topic in the Houseboat forum and we will move it to this forum for you.

Dr Zito
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll

How did you rate this character?
user posted image [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
user posted image [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
user posted image [ 2 ]  [4.65%]
user posted image [ 11 ]  [25.58%]
user posted image [ 30 ]  [69.77%]
Total Votes: 43
Guests cannot vote 
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 1 December 2007 - 01:29 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

Dr. Zito

One of the truly memorable villains of "MacGyver." He was a psychopathic serial killer before Lt. Kate Murphy stopped him and testified against him during his trial.

From his cell at the state mental hospital in Alameda, Zito carefully plotted his revenge against Murphy, using fellow prisoner Eric Cross as his weapon. MacGyver was able to stop Cross after figuring out Zito's elaborate plan.

Two years later, Zito targeted MacGyver, attempting to teach him a "lesson in evil." Murphy was seriously injured, but MacGyver bested Zito in a battle of wits.

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
jackwabbit
Posted on 1 December 2007 - 05:20 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Widowmaker
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat

I gave Zito an excellent. Yes, he was cliche, too, (more so than Deborah in many ways) but I have very fond memories of his first episode from when I was a kid, and it still ranks up there as one of my favorites, so he gets an excellent from me.

"Now, come on, Pete! Look at me! I'm a hurtin' guy! I'm beat up! I need a month's worth of sleep! And I need a haircut!" MacGyver, 'Serenity'

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyver
Posted on 1 December 2007 - 08:17 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Observatory

Dr. Zito was definitely, positively chilling. That guy could put frost on a sunny day, as MacGyver said. wink.gif (in "Deadly Dreams")
I think he was just as much a sick pyschopath as Murdoc, but definitely had his own style. I thought the riddles and clues he would give to MacGyver were pretty interesting. But he had some seriously messed up philosopy like in "Lesson in Evil". Definitely an interesting opponent for MacGyver to take on- and take down. And MacGyver always will- because good will always win over evil ultimately! smile.gif

Yes, he was cliche, too, (more so than Deborah in many ways) but I have very fond memories of his first episode

Well, everything is cliche. There's nothing new under the sun. Even that line I just wrote is a cliche because it's so commonly usesd in the English vernacular- but it's actually originally a Bible verse- Ecclesiastes 1:9 (which has a lot to say about the clicheness of life- and how it doesn't have to be like that.)

PM                                                                     
MacsChick
Posted on 1 December 2007 - 10:03 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:Passages
Jacket:  Black leather

Ah yes, a character I thought they should have done even more with, considering we see him contemplating another escape at the end of Lesson in Evil. In fact, that's where I start my fanfic featuring him--Dark Visions. He escapes and does some major damage to MacGyver's mind. He dies at the end of my fic, because I like closure when it comes to someone like Zito. Then again, I guess it is kind of creepier when the last thing we see of him is preparing to escape. Yikes! ohno-smiley.gif

I know he is set up as a Hannibal Lecter type, but he's still a memorable, scary villain. I voted excellent.

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

--Henry David Thoreau

brains+brawn+beauty+personality=MacGyver

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Macs Lab Rat
Posted on 2 December 2007 - 06:29 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Episode:Jack in the Box (...possibly!)

Very creepy and excellent character.
The way he got in to the mind of Murphy…must have been a horrible scene to shake her up so much. What makes him worse is that he actually managed to convince his doctor that he was not evil. He is clever and manipulative.
I guess it is kind of creepier when the last thing we see of him is preparing to escape. Yikes! 
ohno-smiley.gif Oh yes, scary stuff!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
trtlsoup
Posted on 2 December 2007 - 02:22 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned: Super Tinker

Favorites
Episode: Widowmaker
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Leather Biker

That's what I thought about Zito when first showed up on the screen. Hannibal Lecter... and that was before I saw the movie. (I only saw Manhunter -Red Dragon- where Lecter was not a main character) I was basing my opinion on the book.

He was a truly evil character. Yeah, he was a cliché, but a darn good one. At the time, script writers were taking similar ideas from hit movies, and "MacGyver" did that more than a few occassions.

I'd rather have had as MacGyver's foil be Dr. Zito than Murdoc, in all honestly.

He rated an excellent from me.

"My Jeep went over a cliff, I died... and went to Thanksgiving?"

PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo                                                                     
MacGyverGrrl
Posted on 2 December 2007 - 07:40 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned: Explorer

Favorites
Season: season 6
Episode:Humanity

I gave Zito an excellent rating. The episodes with him still give me chills when I watch them. The first time I saw Zito, he reminded me of Hannibal Lechter. I had just read Silence of the Lambs, and connected Zito's face with Hannibal. I still se him that way.

Zito was psychologically creepy. You never really saw him commit violent acts, except for killing his guards, and even that was implied witht the finding of the bodies and his bloody hands dropping the murder weapon in the kid's trick or treat bucket. His violence was that of the mind. He was so unpredictable, you never knew what he was going to do next.

I would have liked seeing Zito make a couple more appearances throughout MacGyver's run.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Albert Einstein

The stuff is already here, I just find a different way to use it. MacGyver

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted on 4 December 2007 - 09:41 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity

Another good character. I liked Zito, especially in Lesson in Evil. Zito is a villain in the highest degree. Not just an ordinary bad guy, not a hitman but a pure psychopath. One that butchers peoples, tortures them physical and psychological and do unspeakable things with them. Boy, do I wanna see his cellar. evil.gif

I think a guy like this knows what the human body is meant for and what you can do with it in a sick way.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGirl
Posted on 4 December 2007 - 05:07 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Superchamp

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Too many to choose from

Zito: EEEK!

Now, this guy really scares the crap outta me. Murdoc is creepy, but shows some black humor now and then to lighten his personality a bit. Zito is more along the lines of Piedra... stone cold killer, with high intelligence to boot, and is considerably more manipulative than either of the other two. Any villain that could screw up a tough, street-smart cop like Kate Murphy is seriously scary. He's a classic psychopath, and was very, very well played. I also would have liked to see a bit more of him.

Do not pity the dead. Pity the living, and above all, those who live without love. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

You don't eat things like that, you call pest control! Kate in The Gauntlet

What's that?
Lateral... cranial... impact... enhancer. *whack* Last Stand

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverfan717
Posted on 17 December 2007 - 12:54 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Episode:Blow out
House:  Loft

I give Dr. Zito an exellent! I have two words to sum up why I like him as a villian, THE EYE!!!!! The glass eye that he has is soooo scary! And it just makes him a better looking villian in general!

"...Verily, Verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
John 3:3

"And where are my shoelaces!?"-Dexter Fillmore, Deep Cover

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
SwissArmy
Posted on 9 April 2008 - 04:15 PM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

This guy just creeps me out.... in a good way. He is a very intresting character and like another menber said, he has his own style

MacGyverOnline
Posted on 10 April 2008 - 03:00 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

I think his voice goes a long way for the creepy factor as well.

Zito was an obvious take off of Hannibal from Silence of the Lambs, but is still a top notch bad guy. Pity they couldn't do more with him.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacBeth
Posted on 10 April 2008 - 04:54 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Swiss Memory

Favorites
Episode: must I choose?
Vehicle: Motorcycle

QUOTE (Rock)
Zito was an obvious take off of Hannibal from Silence of the Lambs, but is still a top notch bad guy.

Not unless they had a time machine!

"Deadly Dreams" aired in 1989 and "Silence of the Lambs" wasn't published until 1991. The character of Hannibal Lector dates back to the publication of "Red Dragon" in 1986, but the first book was not very well known until the sequel became a best-seller.

[No wilderness] is so dangerous as a city home "with all the modern improvements".
One should go to the woods for safety, if for nothing else.
-- John Muir
---
LOLMac daily:
lolmac.livejournal.com
icanhastofu.tumblr.com

Writing & personal blog:
BethInExile

PMEmail PosterUsers Website                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 10 April 2008 - 05:04 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

hmmm... interesting... maybe it's the other way around.

That deadly dreams episode certainly had a number of parallels to Silence of the Lambs.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacBeth
Posted on 10 April 2008 - 05:12 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Swiss Memory

Favorites
Episode: must I choose?

"Silence of the Lambs" creeped me out (the book -- I never bothered with the movie). Dr. Zito creeped me out. That wasn't the only parallel, of course, but it certainly dominated both experiences!

[No wilderness] is so dangerous as a city home "with all the modern improvements".
One should go to the woods for safety, if for nothing else.
-- John Muir
---
LOLMac daily:
lolmac.livejournal.com
icanhastofu.tumblr.com

Writing & personal blog:
BethInExile

Liz1976
Posted on 4 June 2008 - 01:56 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Unsure:red

Favorites
Episode:The Widowmaker

The thing that is so creepy about Zito, as opposed to Murdoc or Piedra is that he did for the thrill ro pleasure, Murdoc and Piedra enjoyed it but they also got paid big bucks. He's a serial killer of the highest order.
Hannibal Lecter is a comparison. I read on the American Film Institute's web site that Hannibal Lecter is rated #1 on it's list of 50 Heroes and 50 Villians. #2 was Norman Bates, #3 was Darth Vader, and #4 was the Wicked Witch of the West--just in case you guys wanted to know that. Anyway, while I love movies, I don't like the Silence of the Lambs. It just creeps me out. Zito is watchable because it's MacGyver. I like the way Murphy is affected, because it shows what cops who works to nail serial killers go through emotionally. Think about that job--nooooo thank you. I have the highest respect for police officer and the job that they do. Sorry for the little diatribe. I love this stuff.

"For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."

1 Timothy 2:5 NIV version of the Bible

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
lucky charley
  Posted on 11 August 2008 - 12:41 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned: swiss champ

Favorites
Episode:jennys chance

Does Dr Zito have a first name or are the script writers to lazy to give him one?
open.gif smallstart.gif

Meddle with the dirt and some of it will stick to you.
Do it NOW! today will yesterday tomorrow.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted on 11 August 2008 - 12:55 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity

Yes he has one. It's 'Doctor'. tongue.gif
He's just known as Dr. Zito. Maybe it is his first name and he doesn't have a last one.

Just like Hakim from Passages is just known as Hakim and Lt. Rhome is just known as Lt. Rhome. Willis is just known as Willis.

Not every character needs a first or last because it's unimportant.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 11 August 2008 - 05:15 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

Maybe it was more about being creepy. Giving him a first name would make him more human, and they didn't want that, they wanted him to be a psychotic animal.

Compare Dr. Zito with Johnathon Zito. Doesn't quite have the same air of creepiness to it.

I think the reality was that they wanted another Murdoc like bad-guy, and in some ways they seem to have used the same formula as they used for Murdoc.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
lucky charley
  Posted on 14 August 2008 - 12:42 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned: swiss champ

Favorites
Episode:jennys chance

goooood point he does have to be creapy
jeep.gif jeep.gif jeep.gif

Meddle with the dirt and some of it will stick to you.
Do it NOW! today will yesterday tomorrow.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
John Litteral
Posted on 4 December 2008 - 09:48 AM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned: Victorianox

Favorites
Episode:changes often

Zito is great! He is almost as dangerous and sick as Murdoc, he just did not have 9 lives like Murdoc.

He who is self taught is better off; yet on the otherhand, he does well when he listens to those who speak rightly. Aristotle Ethics

Murdoc12
Posted on 24 March 2009 - 11:50 AM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned: Super Champ

Favorites
Episode:The Assassin & Partners

QUOTE (John Litteral @ 5 December 2008 - 05:48 AM)
Zito is great! He is almost as dangerous and sick as Murdoc, he just did not have 9 lives like Murdoc.

Yeah Murdoc is better, but Zito was good. A kind of anti-MacGyver in a sense; really competitive, smart. But he also is a killer and is evil, very unlike Mac.

"In this game almost does not count."~Murdoc

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
RamonCota
Posted on 5 April 2009 - 04:10 PM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

dr zito and murdoc are awesome characters.
zito is way creepier than murdoc but
i like murdoc better cos he is very entertaining guy.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Beachbead
Posted on 17 February 2010 - 02:32 PM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

Zito was little bit more creeper then say Murdoc was, he was the person you had to watch out for and never knew what he would do, he could turn on a person like a pit bull.

MurDaltonfan
Posted on 20 July 2010 - 01:01 PM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

SAK owned: Not sure

Favorites
Season: season 6
Episode:Any one with Murdoc
House:  Second Loft

I liked Zito. He reminded me of Hannibal Lecter from "Silence of the Lambs" Very creepy. I do prefer Murdoc, though. wub.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
YopeGyver
Posted on 16 May 2013 - 09:20 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:Passages, Nightmares

I voted excellent. Never has there been a villain that creeps me out more than Dr, Zito! I mean he was pure evil. Murdoc I can feel sorry for and you see glimpses of his human side, but Zito... *shivers* What a pure psychopath! And a genius too. Evil genius, that is.

It's been a while since I saw "Deadly Dreams", so I can't remember, but what was Zito's motive for all those murders? I ask because I was discussing among other writers about villains/psychopaths (I mentioned Murdoc and it went from there) and someone else went into telling about what they'd learned about psychopaths (she's a psychology student who's into forsenic psychology). She mentioned how every psychopath and serial killer has a reason (a good reason in the eyes of the killer) for what he does and has usually had some sort of bad experience in their past.

"Our principles are the springs of our actions. Our actions, the springs of our happiness
or misery. Too much care, therefore, cannot be taken in forming our principles."
-Red Skelton

"You can't live in the past - there's a future to be had!"

Art

PMUsers Website                                                                     
MacGirl
Posted on 21 June 2013 - 11:56 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Superchamp

Favorites
Episode:Too many to choose from

Well, psychopaths don't need much of a reason for what they do, whatever it is. They literally lack a conscience, so "I want to do thus-and-such" is justification enough for them. They lack impulse control, and are both good at and enjoy manipulating other people. That combination of traits is a recipe for trouble.

That said, not every psychopath is a killer. There are plenty who are in business or have other legitimate jobs. The one thing they all have in common is that they leave a trail of emotional destruction in their wake.

Do not pity the dead. Pity the living, and above all, those who live without love. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

You don't eat things like that, you call pest control! Kate in The Gauntlet

What's that?
Lateral... cranial... impact... enhancer. *whack* Last Stand

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Scwilson
Posted on 16 August 2013 - 08:27 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Episode:Pilot
House:  Observatory

sak.gif Truly one of Mac's more deadly adversaries next to Murdoch. I liked him as a villain as a kid.

PMEmail PosterYahoo                                                                     
Mike D
Posted on 19 May 2014 - 06:55 AM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned: Cybertool Ruby

Favorites
Episode:Passages

The Lecter comparisons are obvious. It wouldn't shock me one bit if Stephen Downing, who wrote "Deadly Dreams," is a Thomas Harris fan. I don't think the character is a straight rip, though, and W. Morgan Sheppard does a wonderful job with the character. When this episode aired the only Lecter performance committed to screen was Brian Cox in Manhunter. The film version of Silence of the Lambs was almost two years away, thus Sheppard was in no way influenced by Anthony Hopkins. Sheppard is a wonderful actor and the show was lucky to have him.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Stevethebarian
Posted on 25 September 2015 - 09:44 AM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

Zito creeped me out. He was an amazing character, but he seemed too... Hannibal Lecter. I would have loved to see an episode where Zito and Murdoc teamed up, Zito turned on Murdoc, and Murdoc killed him. sakopen.gif

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (2) [1] 2  Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll