Disclaimer      

All stories in this forum are the intellectual property of the respective authors. These works may not be copied or re-presented in any way what-so-ever with out the express permission of the respective author of the work. These writings are written for the enjoyment of fans and are not intended to infringe upon any copyrights or trademarks owned by Paramount Studios, agents of, or persons authorized to act on behalf of.

Please read the Fan Fiction Rules before posting your fiction.

>> Fan Fiction Index <<

MacGyver - Family in Agony Chapter VII, Rated R The Compound...,
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
MacGyverGod
Posted: 3 November 2006 - 05:01 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat

Welcome with chapter VII of my story. In this chapter we continue we're we left off and everything gets set for a new rescuemission. There is nothing more I can't tell tongue.gif or else the fun will be over biggrin.gif! Enjoy!

(We open with a view on the compound, no music here)
Chapter VII
The Compound
Preparing for the Rescue Mission
Jack Dalton’s last stand

‘And what did she say?’ Murdoc asked in the main room of the compound.
‘She’ll do it,’ Deborah responds, ‘but we’ll have to pay 20.000 dollars more for the killing of Jack Dalton.’
‘What is she, out of her freaking mind?’ Dr. Zito said surprised.
‘Apparently,’ Murdoc said.
‘If we don’t pay her, she’ll tell everything to MacGyver, I’m sure of that.’ Deborah said.
‘No doubt.’
The door got open and two soldiers came in.
‘General?’
‘Yes.’
‘We’ve captured Lt. Murphy last night and killed Lt. Rhome.’
‘That’s good, where is she?’
‘In one of the asylum rooms.’
‘I’ll go check it out.’
‘Yeah, we’ll come with you, we need to check our toys too,’ Deborah said wicked.
‘Do whatever you want,’ Zito said.
Zito went to Lt. Murphy’s room and Murdoc to Penny’s and Deborah to Maria are to have another little chitchat.
‘So Lt. Murphy. We meet again after… what’s it been? Four or five years now. Time goes by so fast.’
‘Trying to teach us a new lesson in evil, Zito?’
‘No, I’m playing a rematch this time.’
‘You did that last time too and even then you lost.’
‘That’s why third time’s the charm.’
‘You didn’t succeeded in killing me or Dr. Skinner.’
‘No, your insides were broken like glass and if it wasn’t for MacGyver, I indeed could have killed Dr. Skinner, but unfortunately he stopped me until I escaped again and hide out here but in that mean time I managed to kill the only person that was willing to help me. That’s right, I killed Dr. Skinner, you know how much I hate to leave a job unfinished and you’re still one of them, but I’m not gonna kill you right away.’
‘How and when will you kill me then?’
‘You’ll see soon enough. Right now you’re going to join Ms. Sally Rally in the next room.’
Zito brought Murphy to the other room where Sally Rally was still tied to the bed with the blindfold on.
‘Sally, dear, I brought, you somebody to play with.’
Zito took a chair and tied Murphy to it, when he tied her; he tied her real good that it hurts.
‘Ow! You big goon. What would your mother say?’ Murphy plagued him.
‘What mother? My mother died 20 years ago. She’s buried and gone to heaven, the only place I will never go to.’
‘That’s right,’ Sally said, ‘you will go to hell, to Tartar sauce.’
‘Not to Tartar sauce, you big… big omelette.’
‘Big omelette?’
‘It’s Tartarus, you big snot nose.’
‘Senile old psychopath.’
Zito tried to say something back when he opened his mouth but he changed his mind and rolled with his eyes instead, then he left.
‘So you are Sally Rally?’ Murphy asked.
‘That I am. Very affirmative and I suppose that you are…’
‘Lieutenant Kate Murphy, investigator of Dr. Zito’s and Eric Cross’ cases. I am the reason why he’s busted. Did he mention his so called mask of sanity?’
‘Yeah, he mentioned something like that.’
‘He uses that term to confirm that he is still sane, but he is loopy as a loon.’
‘How come?’
‘He couldn’t bear it that I beat him the first time and apparently he couldn’t stand it either that last time MacGyver beat him. I looked at his victims like people do at paintings, the way he murdered those people was just plain evil, he did it on such a beastly brute way.’
‘What did he do?’
‘He takes on young hookers, he pays them for pleasure, then takes them to his cellar, knocks them unconscious and uses a saw to cut them up or uses an axe to chop them up in pieces. He puts the head in freezers and all the rest, mostly arms and legs he piles them up in his fridge. The body, he puts them in the oven and let them burn.’
‘Oh, my god.’
‘And that was just one of his many methods he has for killing people.’
‘I thought that dude from Hellraiser was evil.’
‘I saw that movie too and I sure would like the pay millions to get that puzzle-cube in my hands and let Hellraiser use his chain-hooks to tear his soul apart.’
‘Do you know what he will say if he ever gets caught by those hooks?’
‘Not really but I can imagine it.’
‘Jesus wept.’
‘My thought exactly, but Hellraiser is fiction.’
‘I know. So those were the reasons he’s after you?’
‘Yeah! First I was after him but since they caught me the tables have turned.’
‘So MacGyver was here?’
‘Exactly. He was with me until they captured me.’
‘What happened?’
‘It got a bit out of hand. Since I regained my senses I got this feeling that my partner Lt. Rhome is dead.’
‘And what about MacGyver?’
‘I’m sure MacGyver escaped and that he will come back for us. He always finds a way to get away.’
‘Just like Sam, resourcefulness is a good weapon when you’re weapon less.’
‘That’s correct.’
‘So how are we going to do it?’
‘Do what?’
‘Escaping.’
‘You probably didn’t saw those camera’s with your blindfold on.’
‘Uh, no!’
‘I think, Sally, that it’s best to wait for MacGyver. He’s on tough guy, they won’t get him dead easily.’
‘What if he doesn’t come back?’
‘He will, trust me.’
‘I hope so.’
In the room next door Murdoc revisited his one true “love”.
‘Hello, Penny, darling,’ he greeted her with an overacted English accent.
‘What? Breakfast?’ she asked while waking up.
‘Sorry! No food for the hostages.’
She was hungry for toast, coffee, orange juice, eggs bacon and jelly.
‘You are willing to starve the hostage you love?’
‘I’m afraid so and even if I wanted to I can’t get into the kitchen because of last night.’
‘MacGyver was here, wasn’t he?’
‘Yep, but I told you he would let you down.’
‘He probably didn’t had time to get me out of here and he will come back later this day.’
‘Oh, really, you think so?’
‘Yes, I think that, I know I can count on MacGyver.’
‘My dearest Penny Parker, we’ve hunted MacGyver way down into the jungle last night. We’ve captured Lt. Murphy and killed Lt. Rhome. MacGyver got injured earlier today.’
‘MacGyver is the best man the Phoenix Foundation has, I’m sure he will come back.’
‘Then there’s gonna be a lot of chaos and mayhem.’
‘What do you mean?’
‘It’s going to be very bloody if he comes back.’
‘Blood never stopped him before, he even escaped his own death when he was almost in it.’
‘This time it’s going to be so different.’
‘If he has to die, then I hope you die with him.’
Murdoc grabbed to his heart.
‘Oh, my heart is broken. It’s been taken out and broken with a juicy crack.’
‘I hope it feels good, Murdoc because MacGyver will come back and make it worse for you.’
‘He will die, he must.’
‘If he dies, he dies for the ones he loves.’
‘No he won’t. He will die because, he wants me dead just like Dr. Zito and Deborah. If he wants me dead, he’s going to have to kill me. He must kill all of us to get rid of us and even MacGyver will lose his self-control one day.’
‘And that day is now?’
‘We’ll see, when the time comes.’
‘What makes you so sure about that?’
‘Because this time we caught him on a personal matter. I always hunted on him due this grudge I have against him for foiling my plans. When it becomes personal everybody loses their minds.’
‘Not MacGyver.’
‘Especially MacGyver, you’ll see.’
‘But why for god sakes, Murdoc, why?’
‘I enjoy it! You should have seen him run last night as if his life depended on it. We wanted him alive!’
‘Dead or alive, you would have killed him anyway.’
‘That’s true but MacGyver is now D.O.A. MacGyver.’
In the room next door Deborah was in Maria’s room again for the third time.
‘Maria, how are we feeling this morning?’ Deborah asked.
‘Terrible! MacGyver was here, right?’ She answered.
‘Yes, he was but he didn’t got very far because we caught him.’
‘What? Where is he? I wanna talk to him, I…’
‘Sorry, you won’t get that chance, because he got away just in time before we could get our hands on him, but rumours says he got hurt last night and earlier today.’
‘Oh my god. I hope he’s alright.’
‘Don’t hope to much sister.’
‘I can’t believe this is happening.’
‘Believe it or not, sooner or later you must.’
‘Tell me what happened last night,’ Maria begged, ‘you must tell me what happened.’
‘MacGyver broke in here; we saw him on the monitors in the control room and went after him. After a few close calls he got away through the roof.’
‘Hehe.’
‘Don’t laugh! He fought with some men, ran away but we hunted him down in the jungle, there we lost him.’
‘He’s still alive, I know that and he will come back.’
‘The better he’s alive, we need him alive.’
‘To torture and to kill him, right?’
‘Well sort of, but first we’ll break him emotional and then physical in the advantage for all of us and cleans our reputation.’
‘People like you don’t have reputations. You people are trash, filth and dirt.’
‘If you don’t shut the *bad word removed* up I’m going to *bad word removed*ing kill you.’
‘Oh really? How?’
‘Remember our fight last night? Who won you think?’
Maria didn’t answer.
‘That’s right! I won, I defeated you like MacGyver defeated me once.’
‘Twice.’
‘Once! MacGyver didn’t defeated me last time, I was just unfortunate that the rock underneath my feet wasn’t solid enough to keep me on that mountain. I slipped and it sure was a high fall but fortunately for me I survived. Last time neither of us won, we had a draw but this time I’m gonna get even with him by settling this score.’
‘And then what? What are you going to do next after all this is over?’
‘We’ll separate ways. I’ll pick up my career again, become a mercenary, Murdoc will probably do that too and Dr. Zito… well… he’ll probably will go back to his sanctuary and from then on life will continue it’s own way.’
Maria shook her head.
‘You see how dangerous it is now to marry someone like MacGyver?’ Deborah asked.
‘MacGyver isn’t dangerous to marry to. This is all happening because of his job and for the good things he did in name of the Phoenix Foundation, like dealing with people like you.’
‘It’s ironic isn’t it? I was required by the people who wanted me to deal with MacGyver.’
‘And instead of that he dealt with you and with Murdoc and Dr. Zito.’
‘Right! Anyway it’s not going take long anymore after today it will all be over. The MacGyver-clan will be gone for good. No one will ever remember you and no one will ever remember the MacGyver-clan ever existed.’
Back in the Phoenix-lab, where now a few hours passed away. MacGyver was fully rested now, he checked his bullet wound. It was alright but it hurts. He touched his head wound, it felled sticky. MacGyver got up from his bed and went to his bathroom to freshen up a little. In the meanwhile Nikki looked back out the windows to see where Jack Dalton was. He wasn’t outside anymore, so he had to be inside. Nikki went to the fire escape where usually nobody is and went down the stairs, nobody saw her, and so this was the perfect time to strike for her. She went the plane and sneaked in through the back at the cargo hold. She also noticed the grate like MacGyver did yesterday, that was her way into the airplane’s engine. She cuts the brakes and attached a bomb to it, then she disappeared as quickly she appeared. Nobody noticed this, not even MacGyver because he was still in his bathroom freshening himself up. He went back to the dormitory and sat on the bed, thinking, figuring out a plan of how he could save Maria and avenge Rhome’s death. He also had to made sure Jack was there to fly them immediately out of there from as soon as they got the hostages and get in safety. He sighed. It seemed he needed a little advice… advice from his grandpa Harry. He searched for the coin and rubbed it. Harry appeared.
‘Rub the coin and I appear, now why did you called Harry here?’
‘Ha-ha, very funny Harry.’
‘What do you want, bud?’
‘Advice!’
‘What for? You know what to do, don’t you?’
‘Yes, Harry, I do but this I’m going in with a plan. Looks like I forgot that last time.’
‘You did well, last time, maybe on a bit violent way, but you did well.’
‘Because I did it on a violent way I came back empty handed. This time I’m not going to make any stupid mistakes.’
‘Like what stupid mistakes?’
‘This time I’m not going at night, way too dark for me. Bright daylight for me, thank you very much.’
‘If you want some advice, bud, split-up when you’re at their compound. A full scale invasion wouldn’t work.’
‘Invasion? Who’s talking about an invasion? Just me and Sam are going in and out of there.’
‘That sounds like a part of a plan to me.’
‘Indeed, Harry, and you gave me that idea.’
‘I did?’
‘Yes, Harry, you did and it’s one that’ll work.’
‘If you say so, bud.’
‘You’ll see, Harry, the MacGyver defiance will be victorious once again, as usual.’
‘But, remember, bud, be careful and act responsible.’
‘I will Harry, thanks again for the advice.’
‘If you want me, you know where to find me.’
‘I’ll just have to rub the coin and you’ll appear.’
‘That’s right. See ya around, bud.’
‘Later, Harry.’
Harry disappeared and MacGyver was left alone in his dormitory. He putted his jacket back on and left his dormitory, when he closed his door. He stood now in the hallway and went to Sam’s dormitory and knocked on his door.
‘Come in,’ Sam said.
‘Hey, Sam, it’s me,’ MacGyver said entering his son’s dormitory.
‘Hey, dad, what’s up?’
‘It’s time son. We’re gonna get our girls out of their nightmare.’
‘It’s our nightmare too, dad.’
‘And it’s one we’ll live through without losing our gender.’
Sam frowned.
‘I hope it’s one we just live through to fight another day.’
‘Yeah, get ready; we’ll leave as soon as possible. I have to check on Jack and his plane and notify everybody else about our plans.’
‘Okay, dad. I’ll be ready in jiffy.’
‘Come to the Phoenix-lab’s entrance, when you’re ready.’
‘Okay, dad.’
MacGyver nodded and left to see what Jack was doing in his dormitory.
‘Jack? Jack are you here?’
‘I’m in here, in the bathroom.’
‘What are you doing in there?’
‘Take a guess.’
MacGyver thought Jack was doing the big one so he stayed at the closed bathroom door to give some advice.
‘Look, Jack. I know it hurts, but let it come. It’ll come, if it’s not coming squeeze a little but no too hard. You have to be gentle, you know, if you’re gentle it’ll come from itself.’
‘MacGyver, what the hell are you talking about? I’m not doing whatever you think I’m doing.’
‘Oh, then you don’t mind that I come in.’
‘No, not at all, come in. What can I do for you?’
‘Well, just wanna let you know that it’s time.’
‘Time? Time for what?’
‘Time to get my woman out of there. Is the plane ready?’
‘I’ve been working on it since yesterday and finished it this morning, so I think the plane is ready again to fly.’
‘Enough fuel this time?’
‘Enough fuel. I even had to take some more of you’re fuel.’
‘What?’
‘Yeah, you’re tank’s empty.’
‘What?’
‘But don’t worry, I filled it back up all the way to the top.’
‘That’s good then, because I’ll need my car to get over there.’
‘Why actually? If you put you’re car back in the cargo hold, we all fly up at once over there.’
‘That’s not such a bad idea, actually.’
‘I know Mac.’
‘But I think I pass.’
‘Why?’
‘Because you know how much I hate it to fly with you. Last time we didn’t had fuel and I remember that your landing gear didn’t work once upon a time, remember?’
‘Yeah.’
‘And after all, it’s only a couple of hills driving out of here. You can drive it on maybe ten or twenty minutes.’
‘How about flying?’
‘Oh, that’ll be the same, I guess. We can keep in touch with the walkie-talkies.’
‘If you think that’s best, it’ll go for me.’
‘Land your airplane nearby the compound when you’re there but keep out of sight or they’ll hunt you down, chew you up and spit you out, not the mention what horror’s you’ll go through if they torture you to the death.’
Jack gulped.
‘But that will only happen if they caught you.’
‘Whew!’
‘I expect to see you in the next ten minutes, alright?’
‘Got it, Mac.’
MacGyver notified everybody else to come to the phoenix-lab’s entrance, where they get everything set for the rescue-mission.
‘Is everybody ready?’ MacGyver asked.
‘Ready as we’ll ever be,’ Sam said.
‘OK, then let’s go.’
‘Wait!’ a voice said.
‘What?’
It was Mary-Ruth coming out of the door.
‘MacGyver.’
‘Yeah?’
MacGyver and Mary-Ruth looked at each other.
‘Be careful, MacGyver and don’t get hurt,’ she said embracing him.
‘Don’t worry, Mary-Ruth, I’ll be fine. Everything’s gonna end up fine.’
‘Have you spoken Pete about Tommy?’
‘Oh, I’m sorry Mary-Ruth, I didn’t. It slipped my mind.’
‘That’s ok, MacGyver, that could’ve happened to anyone.’
‘No, I feel awful about this.’
‘Don’t let it get to you. I’ll talk to Pete myself; you’ve got other problems now. Go and rescue your family and your friends, we’ll catch up later.’
‘You can talk to Pete right now, he’s over there.’
He was right, Pete was coming.
‘Hey, Pete!’
‘Mac! Don’t tell me you were going away before telling me about it?’
‘No, no!’ he lied.
‘Liar!’ Mary-Ruth whispered.
‘Mac, it’s great to have my old friend back, doing his job.’
‘Pete, I still work unofficially.’
‘That doesn’t matter for me anymore. You are doing, what you’re always doing and that pleases me.’
‘Well, Pete, then this will please you too.’
‘What’s that?’
‘Come here.’
MacGyver took Pete a bit private.
‘Mary-Ruth has a few problem with her son.’
‘Tommy has reached the puberty?’
‘That too but it’s something else.’
‘What is it?’
‘Can you or the Phoenix-board arrange something that he can go to another and a betters school, then where he is now?’
‘Yes I can do that but why?’
‘He’s been bickered by bullies, his grades are going down and all, so if you can arrange some things.’
‘OK, I’ll see what I can do.’
‘And talk to Mary-Ruth too, she’ll give you all the details.’
‘I will MacGyver. You just go Mac, don’t waste anymore time here and rescue Maria, Sally, Penny and Lt. Murphy and deal with those people that call themselves mercenaries.’
‘I will Pete. I’ll make them pay for what they did to me. I’m going to nail them so bad that they will be so scared and leave me alone for the rest of our lives.’
‘Now I hear you talk, MacGyver. Nail them in name of the Phoenix Foundation.’
‘They will never bother us again Pete, you got my word.’
MacGyver got in his car.
‘Jack, start your engines and get airborne,’ he said through his walkie-talkie.
‘That will be an affirmative,’ Jack replied.
‘Alright, let’s get going.’
Jack Dalton got airborne and MacGyver took off on the road to the compound. But what he didn’t know is that Nikki is traitor and messed with Jack’s airplane and what he didn’t knew either was that his fuel tank underneath his car was busted up. There was a big puddle of oil in front of the entrance of the Phoenix-lab. Mary-Ruth noticed that but it was too late to let MacGyver know. She looked at the trail of it and followed it with her eyes that went all the way back to the jungle, and then she went back in with Pete.
‘What is it?’ Pete wondered.
‘MacGyver’s car is leaking.’
‘What? How?’
‘I don’t know Pete and we can’t notify him anymore.’
‘That’s true! He always leaves his walkie-talkie on one frequency and that’s the one that is in touch with Jack’s walkie-talkie.’
‘Can we contact Jack Dalton with it?’
‘I don’t think so either.’
‘Let’s try it!’
‘Okay.’
Pete and Mary-Ruth tried several times to contact Jack or MacGyver but neither worked.
‘Nothing works!’ Mary-Ruth said.
‘What can go wrong in the jungle?’ Pete asked.
‘A lot, Pete. Maybe he noticed it already.’
‘While he’s driving?’
‘Probably not then. Since we can’t do anything from here except waiting I suggest that’s we going to do.’
‘Waiting?’
‘Yes, waiting.’
‘And what if he doesn’t come back?’
‘He must come back.’
In MacGyver’s car everyone was looking at the road in front them. MacGyver was driving, he looked serious. Well duh! There was nothing to joke about right now. Above them Jack Dalton was flying his plane unknowing what fate was waiting for him.
‘Jack, come in Jack. Do you read me, over?’
‘Yes, Mac, I read you, over.’
‘Within the next five minutes, we’ll see the compound. Can you see it from there?’
‘I see indeed a building from here, that may be the compound you mentioned.’
‘Fly around it, so that they can’t discover you, when you fly over.’
‘Check, Mac!’
‘Land you’re plane two hills behind the compound and wait for us there.’
‘Why do I have to miss all the fun?’
‘You are not missing all the fun, you have to guard the plane,’ MacGyver said while putting on his sunglasses.
‘Pleasant, Mac, very pleasant.’
‘Sorry, Jack, I don’t want you to get hurt in crossfire.’
‘But what about all the rest that’s sitting in your car?’
‘Captain Kiley and Lt. Blake has their bullet proof vests, Nikki, Sam and I are experienced on this matter.’
‘So am I, MacGyver.’
‘Look, Jack, you are my friend but I can’t let you take part of this.’
‘Rubbish!’
‘I don’t want you to take part of this, Jack.’
‘What did you bring me here for then?’
‘I needed a pilot and you’re the best in the business.’
‘Well…’ before he finished his sentence, he realized that MacGyver finally said something good about him. ‘You really think, I’m the best in the business?’
‘You are one of a kind, Jack, like me. Be proud of it and don’t throw yourself in this or else you may not live through to see the next day.’
Jack didn’t know what to say.
‘Wow, Mac. I… I don’t know what to say.’
‘Just do what I tell you to do, that’s all. Fly your plane two hills behind the compound and wait for us there.’
‘Alright, Mac, because you say so.’
‘Check, Jack, over and out.’
‘Over and out.’
Jack Dalton did what MacGyver asked and flew further, (suspenseful music comes up here) but all of a sudden the plane was in trouble, it started shaking and swinging, what MacGyver noticed.
‘Jack, are you okay up there? Jack, hold your plane steady.’
‘MacGyver, I’m in trouble.’
‘What’s going on, Jack?’
‘I can’t hold my plane anymore, MacGyver.’
‘You’ve got to, we need that plane.’
‘I… OOOOOOOOHHHH.’
‘Jack?’
‘AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH.’
‘Jack, jump out of the plane for you crash and burn.’
Jack took his only parachute and jumped out of the plane at a height of twenty thousand feet.
‘AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH.’
From out of his car view MacGyver could see Jack jumped out of the plane and saw a parachute open. Behind Jack the plane blowup.gif exploded because of the bomb Nikki attached to it.
‘Jack are you okay? Do you read me, over?’
Jack was hanging at his parachute but took time to answer it because he had the walkie-talkie with him in the air.
‘Yes, Mac, my boy, I’ve got out of there just in time.’
‘That was a close call, don’t you think?’
‘A very close call,’ he said when he saw the burning bits and pieces fall into the jungle.
‘Let me know something, when and where you’ve landed, so I can pick you up.’
‘Got it!’
‘He’s alright!’ MacGyver said.
‘Good!’ Sam replied. ‘Don’t lose him out of sight, now, dad.’
‘And if I do, he can still call us with the walkie-talkie and I still have that tracking-device.’
While Jack was coming down with his parachute, he didn’t saw Murdoc standing on the roof of the compound aiming a sniper-rifle at him. Murdoc handled the gun like a pro and a fired a bullet. The bullet went to the sky to Jack Dalton. It was a perfect hit, the bullet hit him right in his left eye. Jack screamed of pain, when the blood gushed out his eye.
‘Perfect hit!’ Murdoc cheered and reloaded his gun, firing two more rounds in Jack’s chest, killing him off. Murdoc fired two more bullets through the parachute.
MacGyver looked up from out of his car and saw his friend dying.
‘Jack?!’ MacGyver couldn’t do anything, he took the walkie-talkie. ‘JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!’
Jack didn’t reply.
‘MacGyver, what’s happening?’ Kiley demanded.
‘What is it, dad?’
‘Have they got him?’ Blake asked.
‘I… I think, he’s dead.’
(the music becomes a bit tragic here)
‘Huh? What? Why? What’s going on, dad?’ Sam asked.
‘But, that can’t be,’ Nikki said.
‘Oh, yes, it can,’ MacGyver replied, ‘they shot my best friend, since blowing up his airplane didn’t work, they shot him.’
‘Now, what, dad?’
‘Justice!’
‘What?’
‘I want justice.’
‘How?’
‘No, scratch that! This time I want revenge!’
(fades out here)
‘Dad, what? Remember what I said last night about anger clouding a fresh optimistic mind.’
‘Screw that! Something snapped in me now, we’re going to do this the hard way and I don’t want anymore questions asked, if you do have question, please step out of the vehicle.’
MacGyver had spoken and stopped the car. Nobody got out.
‘I assume that you all understood me?’
Nobody answered.
‘Good. Kiley, Blake, the two of you are cops, you will know what to do in case of gunfights.’
‘Dad, no!’
‘I didn’t ask your opinion, did I?’
‘Dad!’
‘No, Sam, not a word. Blake and Kiley, you take in the building from the North, Sam and Nikki, you take it from the South.’
‘What are you gonna do?’ Nikki asked.
‘I’ll go check on Jack.’
‘Dad, if he’s dead, you can nothing do for him.’
‘Maybe I find something there to use with my fresh optimistic mind.’
MacGyver drove on accelerating to the 75 miles an hour. Not far from the compound, he dropped his passengers there and drove further to where Jack Dalton’s plane crashed and where Jack Dalton’s body was. MacGyver parked his car in front of the crash site and got out.
(Slow sad music comes up)
‘Oh, Jack!’
He saw Jack laying there covered with blood all over him. One of his best friends died in front of his face, by why his pilot friend?
What did he wrong? An innocent man got hurt in a crossfire and that’s what MacGyver didn’t want to happen. But if the plane was alright, like Jack said, there had to be sabotage of some sort. There must be an insider working for them and that could only mean the one person, he always had differences with.
‘Nikki Carpenter!’
(Music fades away)
‘That’s right, MacGyver. It was me,’ Nikki said aiming a gun at him and holding Sam as a hostage. ‘They offered me 45.000 dollars to do it.’
‘Why, Nikki? After all these years, why?’
‘I’ve been part of the MacGyver-conspiracy since Murdoc fell of that mountain. When you were away to that college barricade contest, he gave me a call. It wasn’t too hard for him to convince. First they offered me 25.000 dollars for it, but if I’d kill Jack, they would have paid me 20.000 dollars more.’
‘Who’s next you’re going to kill?’
‘Maybe Sam.’
‘What? You got to be kidding, woman,’ Sam said, ‘and for how much?’
‘They would give me 50.000 for it.’
‘Would they only pay you 5.000 dollars more for killing me?’
‘No, you idiot, 50.000 above the other 45.000.’
‘That would be about 95.000 dollars.’
‘You’re smart kid, Sam, pity I must kill you.’
‘Don’t even think about it,’ MacGyver said.
‘And why not?’
‘Because, you can’t do it, it’s not in your blood. You have never killed anyone.’
‘What makes you think that?’
‘It’s very hard to believe but you never have, not at least during the time we were working together.’
‘I admit it that I didn’t kill anyone during our cooperation, but I have killed two people afterwards. The first one is always the hardest; it made me threw up and gave me terrible nightmares, I promised on my mother’s grave never to kill again. Seven months later, fate decided otherwise. I killed a man during my depression making it worse for me. That now is about 8 years ago.’
‘That’s when you left the Phoenix-Foundation.’
‘That’s right, not long after. Jack Dalton was my third victim.’
‘And this all for money?’
‘Yeah, I killed those two people without any experience. Then I got trained here in this neighbourhood.’
‘How is this all possible? It looks like I really can’t trust anybody anymore.’
‘We’re breaking your spirit and apparently it worked. We’ve broken your spirit, haven’t we?’
‘Sorry not in this life time.’
‘Oh, yeah? Even you MacGyver must have a nerve breakdown sooner or later.’
‘In my case, very much later. I’ve been through a lot the last 24 hours and they sure were heavy. I took a lot. I could stand the fact that my wife is been kidnapped only a few hours after our wedding and all but seeing my good buddy Jack dying in front of my eyes, well, something snapped in me inside. Now it’s time to end it.’
‘That’s right, MacGyver, time to end it.’
She aimed his gun at him.
‘Any last requests, you, jerk? No? Goodbye then, MacGyver.’
She pulled the trigger but before she well knew what happened, MacGyver grabbed her arm, twisting and turning it, until she let go of the weapon. A bit too brutally and somewhat accidental he yanked her arm up somehow, breaking it. A low cracking sound was heard. Nikki screamed of pain.
‘AAAAAAGGGGGHHHH! My arm! You broke my arm!
‘Djeez, dad, you broke her arm.’
‘I know what I’ve done. Sorry, Nikki, that’s not what I had in mind. If you just didn’t aim that gun at me. A miscalculation of muscular use on women aiming a gun at me.’
‘I’ll get you for this,’ she cried.
‘Whatever. Search for things, things we can use. Find them in what’s left of these airplane.’
‘Dad, this plane is a wreck, burning up into a black nothing, there’s nothing you can find there to use.’
‘There’s always something there, Sam, something useful.’
‘I doubt it, dad.’
‘Look, if you don’t wanna go look, I’ll go look, alright? Stay with the lady,’ MacGyver said, ‘if it really is too much to ask to take a look, I’ll look. I’ve never asked him anything his life and for once…’ MacGyver kept mumbling until he got at the crashed plane. He searched for a few things but they weren’t there. Sam was right.
‘Sam is right; there really is nothing to use. That’s odd. What happened to making things out of nothing?’
MacGyver searched for the magical coin, he looked at it, he shook his head, but decided to use, and maybe it was for the last time. He rubbed it and Harry appeared.
‘You called?’
(Harry's theme comes up)
‘Harry, did you know anything about Nikki being a traitor?’
‘Not really, bud.’
‘But she killed, my best friend Jack Dalton.’
‘I saw that happening, yes, he’s here somewhere.’
‘Is Jack there?’
‘Yeah, but he can’t come right now, sorry, bud, but he at least died like a hero jumping out of an exploding aircraft at… what? 20.000 feet?’
‘He was murdered, Harry. Somebody shot him, while he was coming down with his parachute.’
‘I’m sorry, bud.’
‘I would like to see him again, Harry.’
‘That’s impossible right now, bud.’
‘If you see Jack, tell him, that I’m sorry and that we should have come back to the compound without the airplane. He died for nothing. Two people are dead because of my doing.’
‘Bud, it wasn’t your fault, think of all the good you’ve done the last years.’
‘I don’t know, Harry, it’s like the last 24 hours was a countdown of some sort. I think it’s time that I break with my rules and act ruthless, my dark side has to come up.’
‘We’ve seen your dark side before, bud, and they are not taking it up lightly, up here.’
‘Well, they have to. Tell them and especially mom that I’m sorry of what I am about to do.’
‘I can’t blame you. I also have done things in my time where I’m not proud of.’
‘Like what?’
‘I’ve seen the horrors of World War II, I fought in it, Korea, Vietnam.’
‘I’ve been in Vietnam too, Harry.’
‘As a bomb dismantler, but not under my command. I disagree for what you’re going to do, but I forgive you grandson.’
‘Harry, this may have been the last time I used this coin, I…’
‘Don’t say a thing bud, I understand.’
‘It’s hard, Harry.’
‘But in the end, everything will turn up fine.’
‘I hope so, Harry, I really hope so.’
‘You’ll see, bud, you’ll see. Everybody has to break the rules sometimes, bud. Sometimes their own, sometimes others, no matter what happens, there are points in life, you can’t do anything but breaking the rules. There is no shame in it. We all do things, we don’t like doing.’
‘I never liked shopping.’
‘Me neither, but we did that and that’s what I meant by doing things we don’t like doing.’
‘Instead, of complaining… I’ve got work to do.’
‘That’s right, bud.’
‘You were right, Harry. Sometime we have to do less fun or nice things.’
Harry nodded.
‘It’s going to get extreme hard, right.’
‘Don’t mention it, bud, just do what you have to do. Think what’s good according to you. This is about your wife.’
‘I will get her out of there and she will become happy.’
‘Now, I hear you talking.’
‘She will become happy on my houseboat with Sam, Sally and me.’
‘You know what to do, good luck.’
(Harry's theme song fades away)
Harry disappeared and MacGyver went back to Sam and Nikki.
‘You were right, Sam. There was nothing to use, oddly enough.’
‘Told you, dad.’
‘Sam, I think it’s time for us to get moving.’
‘To where?’
‘Where you think? The compound of course. We’ll keep a trade. Nikki for our girls.’
‘Good, dad, interesting.’
‘Good! Get to the car, I’ll be right there.’
Sam nodded and went with the injured Nikki to the car.
(Slow and sad music comes up again)
MacGyver went back to Jack Dalton’s body. He took a piece of parachute and laid it over the body.
‘I’m sorry Jack; this wasn’t suppose to happen, I wanted it differently. I’m sorry Jack, I’m sorry.’
He made sure Jack Dalton was completely covered under the parachute.
‘Goodbye, Jack.’
(The sad music reaches it's peak and we fade out here)

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 17 February 2007 - 03:29 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat

Original date of story posting: Mar 15 2004 03:04 AM

sonyab Posted: Mar 17 2004, 07:49 AM 

Phoenix Special Agent

Group: Active
Member No.: 71

Woah nicely done! Cute little explosion picture that you put rofl. OH NO!!! JACK CAN'T BE DEAD! PLEASE NO! :'( sad.gif surprise.gif

Hmmm is Sally Rally an airhead? smile.gif Nicely done. Argh that nickie!!! 

MacGyverGod Posted: Mar 18 2004, 03:22 AM 

Phoenix Special Agent

Member No.: 65

Cool huh? The explosion smilie is the coolest of the smilies at this forum. I should do that more often, using smilies of the MacGyveritems. The sak, ductape...
And yep Jack's dead, just to put pressure of MacGyver and his emotions. Sally Rally an airhead? I don't think so more like a smartass, you know big mouth and all. Maybe if I develop her background well enough, than I maybe got something to fit her in the Challengersclub.
Nikki is such a b*tch huh? That's why I had her have that little accident with MacGyver breaking an arm. 

rockatteer Posted: Mar 19 2004, 08:54 AM 

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Sorry it took so long to reply this time, been very busy in "real" world.

Hey I said it before and I'll say it again.... I alway knew that Nikki was no good.

I bet shes still really working for the russians, like she was in the "lost love" episode.

sak.gif

MacGyverGod Posted: Mar 20 2004, 04:40 AM 

Phoenix Special Agent

Member No.: 65

It's okay. Nikki was indeed no good as usual but she has more tricks up her sleeve. We haven't seen the last of her yet. 

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll