Home      Macipedia      Characters      Episodes      Comic Book      Media Center      Calendar      Members      Rules      Help      Store      F.A.Q.      Search

SAK's used in each episode
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
Mac1977
Posted: 26 March 2010 - 12:34 AM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned: too many

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:D.O.A.mac,widowmaker
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat

In flames end when mac makes door clock to go faster he first uses wenger screwdriver but when he cuts wires the shape of the blade is from victorinox tinker? doh.gif I also watched twice stung and when mac does the guiverism to door switch in police station he first opens screwdriver blade from victorinox camper (you can see camping logo when you zoom it) and when they show closer its small tinker so maybe when mac saws the bottom of the box earlier he uses saw from camper but its hard to be sure because knife looks like it could even be alox farmer? hmm.bmp sakopen.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Rockatteer
Posted: 26 March 2010 - 05:19 AM                                    
Quote Post

Retired Staff Member

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

I thought he just cut that box with the blade because it's like a leather trunk?

I'll have to watch it again when I get he chance.

PM                                                                     
MacDriver
Posted: 26 March 2010 - 05:05 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Sportsman

Favorites
Episode:The Heist

QUOTE (Mac1977 @ 26 March 2010 - 12:34 AM)
In flames end when mac makes door clock to go faster he first uses wenger screwdriver but when he cuts wires the shape of the blade is from victorinox tinker? doh.gif I also watched twice stung and when mac does the guiverism to door switch in police station he first opens screwdriver blade from victorinox camper (you can see camping logo when you zoom it) and when they show closer its small tinker so maybe when mac saws the bottom of the box earlier he uses saw from camper but its hard to be sure because knife looks like it could even be alox farmer? hmm.bmp sakopen.gif

If I didn't include that in my original list I intended to- he definitely was using a red Alox Farmer/Pioneer in the police evidence room. As for flame's end, good catch, I'll check that one out when I get the chance.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
spartan
Posted: 28 March 2010 - 10:43 AM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned: many

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:

QUOTE (Mac1977 @ 26 March 2010 - 12:34 AM)
In flames end when mac makes door clock to go faster he first uses wenger screwdriver but when he cuts wires the shape of the blade is from victorinox tinker? doh.gif I also watched twice stung and when mac does the guiverism to door  switch in police station he first opens screwdriver blade from victorinox camper (you can see camping logo when you zoom it) and when they show closer its small tinker so maybe when mac saws the bottom of the box earlier he uses saw from camper but its hard to be sure because knife looks like it could even be alox farmer? hmm.bmp  sakopen.gif

In case of "Flame´s End" episode Mac1977 seems to be right. I´ve noticed that before he sent his post and I can only agree with that (screwdriver is Wenger but blade seems to be Victorinox maybe 84mm size model)

It´s strange to see that Mac is using two different knives within less than a minute as in Flame´s End or Hellfire where he used Executive and Tinker??? in one scene

I have a question about SAK used in episode Trumbo´s World when Mac makes explosive (time 00:41:46-00:41:59) IMO it is two layer Victorinox Tinker??? I´m not sure because knife is put on table with shield scale down and blade is hard to reckognize but it seems to be Victorinox (plus no sign of chain) sakopen.gif hmm.bmp Maybe I should give up watching Trumbo´s World biggrin.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Rockatteer
Posted: 28 March 2010 - 12:48 PM                                    
Quote Post

Retired Staff Member

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

Here's some close up's of that scene.

user posted image

user posted image

PM                                                                     
Mac1977
Posted: 29 March 2010 - 10:14 AM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

Favorites

Yeah its very hard to say about the brand of the knife on the table in that 'cooking' scene of trumbo because of the picture quality of early episodes. The shape of the blade looks wide like wenger in little picture, but in bigger picture it looks like small victorinox tinker because the chain dosen't show. In big picture also can opener blade in closed position seems more like wengers? hmm.bmp Maybe mac remove the chain of wenger? Or he has allways tinker in his back pocket like in many other episodes. w00t.gif macsak.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
spartan
Posted: 30 March 2010 - 06:29 AM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned: many

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (Mac1977 @ 29 March 2010 - 10:14 AM)
Yeah its very hard to say about the brand of the knife on the table in that 'cooking' scene of trumbo because of the picture quality of early episodes. The shape of the blade looks wide like wenger in little picture, but in bigger picture it looks like small victorinox tinker because the chain dosen't show. In big picture also can opener blade in closed position seems more like wengers? hmm.bmp Maybe mac remove the chain of wenger? Or he has allways tinker in his back pocket like in many other episodes. w00t.gif macsak.gif

As far as I remember Mac used his wenger in Flame´s End without chain..
In the picture above it seems that knife has wenger can opener (I compared that picture with latest addition to my collection Wenger classic 07 happy_dance.gif sak.gif ) but I can´t see bottle opener hmm.bmp on Mac´s knife only another blade taht could be small blade or nailfile and there is no corkscrew (It should be visible in that angle)
So I think its Wenger Classic 11 or Victorinox Tinker (small?) .

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
shiloh5150
Posted: 4 April 2010 - 04:31 PM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned: Spartan & Hiker

Favorites
Season: season 7
Episode:Strictly Business
Vehicle: Truck
Jacket:  Leather Biker
House:  Second Loft

ALSO, check out the "Walking Dead" episode, when Mac gets poisoned the guy opens the SAK, its a 3 layer Climber or Camper with a reverse shield, I believe the SAK list says he used a Spartan and or a Tourist in that episode as well. sakopen.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Flyboy16
Posted: 4 April 2010 - 06:00 PM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

SAK owned: cadet,sportsman

Favorites
Episode:the hiest

QUOTE (Rockatteer @ 28 March 2010 - 12:48 PM)
Here's some close up's of that scene.

user posted image

user posted image

alox model perhaps?

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Flyboy16
Posted: 4 April 2010 - 06:04 PM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

Favorites

user posted image it may be part of the wenger swiss buck series

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Flyboy16
Posted: 4 April 2010 - 06:13 PM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

Favorites

user posted image

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
shiloh5150
Posted: 5 April 2010 - 04:48 AM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned: Spartan & Hiker

Favorites
Season: season 7
Episode:Strictly Business
Vehicle: Truck
Jacket:  Leather Biker
House:  Second Loft

I still question the SAK in Lost Treasure of Atlantis, I know the list says its a Hiker, but, it still kinda looks like it could be a Super Tinker, anyone agree or disagree? sakopen.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Mac1977
Posted: 19 August 2010 - 05:20 AM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

Favorites

The knife used in episode the road not taken is three layer with corcksrew probably victorinox camper model. It shows when mac makes alarm line out of baseball and later when Debra gives knife back to mac. Also in eagles episode when Darin takes knife out of macs pocket and opens blade it is three layer knife perhaps camper again, but later when Susan gives knife back to mac it looks like two layer with corckscrew and toothpick and tweezers without keyring perhaps old sportsman model.macsak.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Wheeljack
Posted: 18 November 2010 - 06:31 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Adventurer

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Gold Rush, Invisible Killer

I think the props people wanted to mess with fans with all their knife swapping antics. tongue.gif On one hand I wish they would just release and official list (if they have a record, or can view master tapes), but on the other hand the mystery is kinda fun. When they finally put the series on blu-ray it could go a long way for figuring out what he was using in some scenes. Provided they transfer them properly anyway. There's a lot of digital grain and blotchiness on the dvds.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
sneto
Posted: 27 November 2010 - 04:42 AM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

the knife in trumbos world is a wenger trailblazer
i think

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Wheeljack
Posted: 27 November 2010 - 06:21 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Adventurer

Favorites
Episode:Gold Rush, Invisible Killer

QUOTE (sneto @ 27 November 2010 - 04:45 AM)
the knife in trumbos world is a wenger trailblazer
i think

Incidentally, I just picked up a Trailblazer on ebay. New in box.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Rockatteer
Posted: 25 March 2011 - 08:59 PM                                    
Quote Post

Retired Staff Member

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

I've just gone through and updated and recalculated both the SAKs used in each episode and the Total SAK's used lists.

I think I've got the numbers pretty accurate. I was thrown a bit by the number of knives being more than the number of episodes until I clicked that we have a number of episodes which used multiple knives, so when I counted those up it all totaled up correctly.

We still have 16 episodes with unidentified knives, so if any of you can identify the models of any of those knives please post and let us know.

PM                                                                     
Mac1977
Posted: 28 March 2011 - 06:13 AM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

Favorites

Knife used in wish child is victorinox camper and in secret of parker house standard. macsak.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Rockatteer
Posted: 28 March 2011 - 07:08 PM                                    
Quote Post

Retired Staff Member

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (Mac1977 @ 28 March 2011 - 07:16 AM)
Knife used in wish child is victorinox camper and in secret of parker house standard. macsak.gif

do we have agreeance on this from our other SAKsperts to add it to the list?

PM                                                                     
Mac1977
Posted: 31 March 2011 - 05:31 AM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

Favorites

About the episode easy target the list says 111mm. I have watched this episode and i think the correct knife model used is 111mm lock blade victorinox picknicker. hmm.bmp

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Rockatteer
Posted: 31 March 2011 - 07:49 PM                                    
Quote Post

Retired Staff Member

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (Mac1977 @ 31 March 2011 - 06:34 AM)
About the episode easy target the list says 111mm. I have watched this episode and i think the correct knife model used is 111mm lock blade victorinox picknicker. hmm.bmp

So there are different kinds of the 111mm knife?

PM                                                                     
Mac1977
Posted: 2 April 2011 - 06:40 AM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

Favorites

Yep, at my victorinox catalog from 1989 there was five 111mm lenght lock blade models from one layer cowboy knife to three layer rucksack model. Macgyvers knife was maybe allways two layer picknicker or adventurer ( i own both knives). Only difference between these knives is that picknicker has cork srew and adventurer phillips screwdriver blade along with large blade, can opener/small screwdriver, cap lifter/screwdriver/wire stripper and reamer. The knife in easy target episode is two layer and I see the cork screw blade when mac uses reamer. Today there is more layers and models along with liner lock and one hand open large blade. macsak.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Mac1977
Posted: 6 August 2011 - 01:39 AM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

Favorites

I watched final approach episode again from season two and noticed that in baking scene when mac cuts the cake he uses victorinox climber and later when he tells the story from highschool he has camper knife in his hand. sakopen.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Rockatteer
Posted: 6 August 2011 - 12:05 PM                                    
Quote Post

Retired Staff Member

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

how can you tell it's a climber? - just wanting to verify it before updating the list.

PM                                                                     
Mac1977
Posted: 8 August 2011 - 08:06 AM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

Favorites

Well when Mac cuts cake there isn´t camping logo on knife scale and it is three layer and older climber model cause it doesnt have multi purpose hook on back. I remember hook came on victorinox knives in around 1992. Looks like knife has scissors when he changes grip on knife. And later in highschool story scene knife has camping logo on scale.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacDriver
Posted: 10 August 2011 - 03:39 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Sportsman

Favorites
Episode:The Heist

It's funny, five years ago no one on here really talked about SAKs in this much detail, and now we have expert eyes everywhere. I almost feel obsolete in my contribution to the community now tongue.gif It's fantastic though, I think for me personally it was one of the more enigmatic elements of the show. I always ask the question "why" about things, so once I realized he changed it up constantly I tried to figure out "why is he always changing SAK's?"

Now we know the official back story about victorinox giving them a big "gross" of them every season (no doubt a mix of different models), that explains why to an extent. Still, was it an accident, or did they purposefully have Mac changing it up? I REALLY would like to know what Rick (or the props dept) was thinking all throughout the show in regards to the knives.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Mac1977
Posted: 14 August 2011 - 03:41 AM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

Favorites

I remember that the knife was one of the many reasons why i liked and still like the show.
I was allways excited to see what knife mac would use in next episode. My first knife was victorinox bantam economy wich is only one layer knife, but it looked like recruit economy knife what mac used. I also got victorinox swiss champ at 1989 and standard knife back then.
I also remember funny thing that i got 111mm victorinox picknicker knife before it was used in show. I am a bit of collector of knives. Here in finland macgyver aired first time about a year later than in u.s.a. macsak.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
KiwiTek
Posted: 9 March 2013 - 12:40 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Episode:The Negotiator

I've been sent the below email regarding the "Slow Death" episode. Can anyone verify before I update the list.

I believe huntsman is incorrect. Scene where he is making the whistle using the reamer tool. You can see a small chain attached to the knife. This feature was on wenger knives. I believe tge knife in use was a wenger handyman.

PMUsers Website                                                                     
Mac1977
Posted: 10 March 2013 - 03:42 AM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

Favorites

I just watched the scene with pause from dvd and the knife has only normal keyring and it is three layer. I think it is victorinox camper.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
krist
Posted: 22 May 2013 - 01:15 AM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned: Standart

Favorites
Episode:all
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

in serenity : special Standart
In tough boys : i think it´s a tinker SMALL instead of tinker 91mm 😁👍

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
krist
Posted: 25 May 2013 - 07:30 AM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned: Standart

Favorites
Episode:all
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

In black corsage : it´s a tinker or SMALL tinker , it´s not a spartan

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Mac1977
Posted: 30 September 2013 - 03:55 AM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

Favorites

In the list there is recruit and recruit economy models of the knife used in episodes, but the time when MacGyver was filmed there was only economy model awailable so that model was allways used.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
bert003
Posted: 20 January 2014 - 03:18 AM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

Favorites
Episode:Lost Love

Hi Guys,

I have read all the pages present in this thread and have summarized what was said as shown below. I tried to be as correct as possible, please feel free to update this thread with any changes so that the saks page will contain the best possible information which is ultimately correct and verified.

There might be some episodes listed twice (MAYBE?). If so, please excuse me and notify. Thanks.

Admins please note.

Knives Used in Each Episode Update

Three For the Road – Camper and Climber

For Love or Money – Angler/Explorer/Huntsman/Mountaineer – UNCERTAIN HERE

Lost Treasure of Atlantis – Hiker/Super Tinker

Hell Week – Recruit Economy

Early Retirement – Recruit Economy

The Spoilers – Recruit Economy

Slow Death – Camper

The Eraser – Standard

Final Approach - Spartan

Eagles - Climber

Out in the Cold - 3 layer (STILL UNIDENTIFIED)

On a Wing and a Prayer - Standard

The Battle of Tommy Giordano - Standard and 2 layer with tweezers

Runners - Picknicker

The Legend of the Holy Rose (1) – Model not clear

The Black Corsage - Sportsman or Tourist

Humanity – Standard

The Visitor – Model not clear (In the site there is written None used!!)

Jerico Games – None used (In the site there is written Unidentified)

Eye of Osiris – Standard

High Control – Spartan

To be a Man – Camper

Prisoner of Conscience – Camper

Wish Child – Camper

Final Approach – Climber and Camper

D.O.A.: MacGyver – Mountaineer/Huntsman

Target Mac Gyver – Tinker/Standard

Last Stand – Executive and Tinker

Flame's End – Wenger Classic 11 and Tinker

Twice Stung – Camper and Tinker

The Walking Dead – Climber or Camper

The Secret of Parker House – Standard

Easy Target - 111mm lock blade Victorinox Picknicker

Serenity – Special Standard

Tough Boys – Tinker Small

Black Corsage – Tinker or Tinker Small

Fire and Ice – Recruit Economy

GX-1 – Recruit Economy

Jack in the Box – Recruit Economy

The Widowmaker – Recruit Economy

The Endangered – Recruit Economy

Murderer’s Sky – Recruit Economy

PMEmail PosterUsers Website                                                                     
Mac1977
Posted: 20 January 2014 - 03:41 AM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

Favorites

Great job! Yep it is hard to say wich one mountaineer or huntsman is used in d.o.a.macgyver episode. But when i looked that bike repairing scene it looked that knife has file/metalsaw blade instead of woodsaw. Earlier friendns episode looks like mountaineer knife is opened on the memorial table next to minituare hot airballoon. macsak.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
bert003
Posted: 20 January 2014 - 03:44 AM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

Favorites

Thanks Mac1977... so can you somehow confirm it is a mountaineer?

Mac1977
Posted: 20 January 2014 - 03:57 AM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

Favorites

Well sorry i can't be 100% sure, but sometimes they used same knife model in succession episodes. So they might use mountaineer in last three ones from season 2. Might be better if just put mountaineer/huntsman. Those knife models has so little difference. macsak.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
bert003
Posted: 20 January 2014 - 04:04 AM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

Favorites

Ok mate thanks, will edit post sak.gif

KiwiTek
Posted: 20 January 2014 - 11:19 AM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

Favorites

QUOTE (Makoto @ 24 January 2010 - 10:49 PM)
The knife used in jack of lies can´t be angler because it has corcscrew. You can see philips srewdriver when Mike picks it up.

Knife used in Jack of Lies is Victorinox Fisherman.

Here's the screen capture, and below it is the knife.

user posted image

user posted image

PMUsers Website                                                                     
bert003
Posted: 21 January 2014 - 08:40 AM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

Favorites

any more feedback here???

KiwiTek
Posted: 9 February 2014 - 01:11 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

Favorites

QUOTE (bert003 @ 20 January 2014 - 04:18 AM)
Hi Guys,

I have read all the pages present in this thread and have summarized what was said as shown below. I tried to be as correct as possible, please feel free to update this thread with any changes so that the saks page will contain the best possible information which is ultimately correct and verified.

There might be some episodes listed twice (MAYBE?). If so, please excuse me and notify. Thanks.

Page is now updated to reflect this list.

smile.gif

Thanks to everyone for your work on this so far.

duct.gif

PMUsers Website                                                                     
bert003
Posted: 9 February 2014 - 09:07 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

Favorites

Page is now updated to reflect this list.

Thanks KiwiTek macsak.gif

Is The SAK Usage page updated as well please to reflect the changes?

KiwiTek
Posted: 10 February 2014 - 08:02 AM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

Favorites

That won't get done for a while (from me anyway) as it requires sitting down and recounting every knife on the list again.

I won't have time to do that for a while, but if someone else feels the urge - have at it.

PMUsers Website                                                                     
MacFan092985
Posted: 3 March 2014 - 04:40 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Episode: . . . Holy Rose

Can someone confirm what tools the Standard (old spartan) had? I'm slowly working to complete my MacGyver used SAK collection and want to make sure I get the right one. I typed STANDARD and OLD SPARTAN into eBay and a couple different versions of the SAKs came up.

Also, regarding the Golfer, I've seen two versions: one with the shield on the same side as the corkscrew and one with the image of a male golfer on the same side as the shield on the opposite side of the corkscrew. I assume it's the former.

Thanks in advance.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
bert003
Posted: 3 March 2014 - 09:45 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (KiwiTek @ 9 February 2014 - 09:02 PM)
That won't get done for a while (from me anyway) as it requires sitting down and recounting every knife on the list again.

I won't have time to do that for a while, but if someone else feels the urge - have at it.

Will try to give a helping hand on that when I find time KiwiTek...

macsak.gif

Mac1977
Posted: 4 March 2014 - 09:21 AM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

Favorites

I have standard victorinox knife bought in 1989 or 1990 and 1989 victorinox catalog where it is named as standard. Knife has six basic tools: big knife,small knife, can opener/small srewdriver,bottle opener/big screwdriver,reamer and corkscrew like spartan, but no toothpick and tweezers and no keyring. macsak.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 4 March 2014 - 05:36 PM                                    
Quote Post

SAK owned: Tinker/Pioneer

Favorites
Episode:The Human Factor

user posted image

Here you go.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacFan092985
Posted: 5 March 2014 - 10:44 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Episode: . . . Holy Rose

Great. Thank you.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 [4]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll  

FIND MORE MACGYVER GEAR IN OUR STORE

Contact          Privacy          Copyright © 2014 MacGyver Online