Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned: leatherman

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:anything with Murdock
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Leather Biker
House:  Observatory

This is my first post but i noticed every ones favorite car is his jeep and haven't seen a mention of his blue s wagon he got from his grandad

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
KiwiTek
Posted: 24 January 2012 - 02:10 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Runners
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat

Welcome to the site Aussie boy.

I have to say my main reason for liking the jeep was that it suited the outdoor adventure persona MacGyver had. A jeep is kind of like a vehicle version of a Swiss Army Knife, but the station wagon felt kind of grandpa-ish to me.

I like the car as a classic vehicle, but not as MacGyver's vehicle.

MDDHosting - Professional Wed Hosting Solutions

PM                                                                     
Traveller
Posted: 24 January 2012 - 02:27 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Explorer

Favorites
Season: season 6
Episode:Trail of Tears

A jeep is kind of like a vehicle version of a Swiss Army Knife

What a great comparison, KiwiTek!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 24 January 2012 - 02:41 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

It's a little extra car. The man has three main cars you know. There's also the car he drove in Last Stand and Target MacGyver. Unless they were the same, than he had four. But to me the Jeep, the pickup and the station wagon are his three main cars. Out of these three the Nomad only appeared in eight episodes.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Miasma
Posted: 24 January 2012 - 11:02 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

I never really liked the station wagon. It doesn't suit him. Station wagons are family cars, suitable for moms driving a bunch of kids to a soccer game. It just seemed wrong for a single guy with no kids to be driving one. The pick-up truck and jeep were much more appropriate.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
aussie boy
Posted: 24 January 2012 - 04:20 PM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned: leatherman

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:anything with Murdock
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Leather Biker
House:  Observatory

hey fellow fans thanks for your reply you all have good points i supose the wagon is a bit old personish still a cool car.This site is cool didnt know their were so many people who shared my interest

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Bushwalker
Posted: 4 February 2012 - 08:51 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned: Trekker

Favorites
Episode:
Vehicle: Motorcycle
House:  Second Loft

QUOTE (MacGyverGod @ 24 January 2012 - 09:44 PM)
It's a little extra car.................... But to me the Jeep, the pickup and the station wagon are his three main cars. Out of these three the Nomad only appeared in eight episodes.

happy.gif In some episodes MacGyver did drive some odd cars ~ like a station wagon in one show that was just on TV today, that would have been a current model at that time...

And as well , in the last couple of series there were a couple of episodes where he can be seen getting out of cars like a Chev Nova, and a Ford Taurus (or similar..) ~ I reckon they could be either hire-cars or cars from the Phoenix Foundation car pool, depending on the particular story lines..

I only considered the pickup, the Jeep and the classic wagon ~ along with his motorbike ~ as being the real "MacGyver vehicles". And the rest as ring-ins, second-stringers and one-offs..

Just one more reason he would have needed a decent sized garage/workshop wherever he might be living... boxing.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Bushwalker
  Posted: 4 February 2012 - 08:58 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned: Trekker

Favorites
Episode:
Vehicle: Motorcycle
House:  Second Loft

QUOTE (Miasma @ 25 January 2012 - 06:05 AM)
I never really liked the station wagon. It doesn't suit him. Station wagons are family cars, suitable for moms driving a bunch of kids to a soccer game. It just seemed wrong for a single guy with no kids to be driving one. The pick-up truck and jeep were much more appropriate.

But still...

It WAS his grandfather's car ~ so he would have most likely kept it for the sentimental value, if nothing else..

Even if, like his motorcycle, it would spend most of its time living in the garage, and only be taken out for a spin every few weeks..

tongue.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Makedde
Posted: 5 February 2012 - 12:59 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Hell Week

The Jeep was more MacGyverish to me. I didn't like the station wagom or any other car he had - just the Jeeps.

"You may not believe this, but there have been times when I've had a lot more fun in the back seat of a car." - MacGyver (Golden Triangle)

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll