Home      Macipedia      Characters      Episodes      Comic Book      Media Center      Calendar      Members      Rules      Help      Store      F.A.Q.      Search

Belgian actor says to be a fan of MacGyver
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
MacGyverGod
Posted: 17 March 2012 - 04:27 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat

This weeks interview on MacGyver in The Last Show with Adriaan Van den Hoof. Date: March 15 2012.

http://www.een.be/mediatheek/tag/168

How do you escape from a cold room? Adriaan finds out with the help of MacGyver.

Michiel: Hi, Adriaan Van den Hoof.
Adriaan: Hi, Michiel De Vlieger.
Michiel: You look like you've seen a couple of legendary MacGyver episodes.
Adriaan: That is right. I've deepened myself in the world of MacGyver. I've had a suitcase full of MacGyver... well not exactly a suitcase. MacGyver never carries around a suitcase but he has everything down in his pocket or he'll find something laying around.
Michiel: Okay, but what did you bring?
Adriaan: Well, I'm not going to tell everything yet but it's going to have to do with cold, a little disappearing act and a lot of noise. But let's watch a clip, because it's based on the episode, I think it's called Target, season 1 episode 10. Watch.

(They're showing a clip of the opening gambit from Target MacGyver when MacGyver rescues the lady general at the beach house)
Adriaan (voice over): MacGyver takes ice, a plateau. It looks like he's some sort of Jeroen Meus (a known Belgian cook) but he's not. He fills up the bag with ice and makes a weird installation with the cooking pots and than he turns on the oven.
(The clip ends)
Adriaan: And I'll say no more. It has to remain a big mystery. Just wait.
Michiel: Alright, that's for later than.

(The interview continues after the first guest)

Michiel: Adriaan Van den Hoof. We only have one more week to go after this one.
Adriaan: Unfortunately it is.
Michiel: Is there still enough of MacGyver to do? Is there enough left?
Adriaan: No. I intend to do all of the household tricks from Thuis (a Belgian soap). Not at all. I can go on for seventeen years because next week it's the final episode to my regrets. So it's going to be hard to choose something to do. But I'd like to start once again with the ingenuity of MacGyver. MacGyver will always find something. And he will show you on how you can use the same object for an infinite amount of solutions. And he does that in the episode The Gauntlet (though he misspoke himself and pronounced it as The Grauntlet). Season 1 episode 4. He's doing it with a map. Watch this.

(The clip of the opening gambit of The Gauntlet starts where he finds the map. It's edited through the showing to each time he uses the map)
Adriaan (voice over): So he finds the map and figures: 'hmm, might be useful'. And he takes it with him. But suddenly he can't get out anymore. So what does he do than? He puts the map underneath the door, takes his SAK and pushes the key out and takes it easily back in. So he can escape. But outside he has to blow away some people and he does that by using a pea and making a blowing pipe from the map. Look, hup against that ankle. Ouch. Must've hurt a lot. Than that guy is angry and says: 'Come on, hands up and put that map away. I'm sick of it.' And MacGyver is saying: 'It's just a map. You can't do anything with it. I'll show where you can find Alamalo.' And than bang, he hits him with the map because there's a metal bar in it. The possibilities are endless. He runs away with the gendarmes after him and than he makes a sleigh from the map to go down the dunes and the gendarmes of Saint-Tropez don't have one. And thank God he could fix the balloon with the map. They shoot a hole in it and Mac thinks: 'Oh no. There's a hole in my balloon. But he has tape and the map and tapes it of the hole.
(Michiel and audience laughs.)
Adriaan: And you can look at it as a GPS avant là lettre. You just look at it and then you have to go in that direction.
(Clip ends.)
Adriaan: It's insane. That crazy MacGyver did it again with a simple map.
Michiel: They don't make heroes like that anymore.
Adriaan: A hero? Michiel, he's more that just a hero. MacGyver will always be some sort of legendary figure. A sort of Jesus... a messias...
(Suddenly there's a lot of noise in the studio. Band members and the audience freak out.)
Michiel (looking at the direction of the noise): We'll need a map to fix that. (looks back at Adriaan) Oh! Adriaan Van den Hoof?!
(Adriaan has disappeared from his seat. Michiel and audience are chuckling.)
Michiel: Adriaan?!
(Adriaan jumps up from behind the couch)
Adriaan: There you go, the power of diversion. That's typical MacGyver. (Adriaan crawls back on the couch). But let's have a look on what I did there.
Michiel: What did you do?
Adriaan: It was something I prepared before The Last Show started.

(Another clip starts when Adriaan was preparing his diversion when the audience was entering the studio)
Adriaan (voice over): What I did was I set up a plateau there with cooking pots on it and a bag of ice under it with a little heater next to it. If it gets hot enough, the ice will melt and all the pots will fall on the ground. You can divert people like that.
(In the clip Adriaan puts his thumbs when finished and than the clip ends)
Michiel: That's smart thinking.
Adriaan: That's MacGyver, huh. MacGyver showed us how.
Michiel: Did you do something else?
Adriaan: This week, I did something foolish.
Michiel (acting surprised): Really?
Adriaan (smirking): Don't act like you're so surprised. No, I did something foolish, um, yeah, just look at the clip.

(A clip starts when Adriaan is walking around in a store doing his groceries.)
Adriaan (voice over): I was doing my groceries, which is not foolish actually. But I received a phone call from a magazine who wanted to do an interview and place me on their cover and such. And they kept asking me and I told them, I didn't have time for that. I was thinking, I needed some meat. (While he's on the phone he walks into a cold room that closes behind him) But what I didn't notice was that the shop was closing up and that my battery of my cell was going dead.
(Clip ends)
Adriaan: Suddenly I realized I was in the cold room of an empty shop. I tried something but it was terrible. It was ice cold in that cold room and I had to get out.
Michiel: And what did you do than?
Adriaan: I tried all the doors but... but yeah. Watch the clip.

(The clip continues where he's trying all the doors.)
Adriaan (voice over): So I went to see if that door was really locked and it was very cold. There was another door I tried to break it but everything was locked. The big doors too, I tried pulling it. Than I went back to the windows and started to yell for help with an old chicken in my hands. (He's banging the chicken in the window screaming: 'Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!') But a big cold cell like that is completely soundproof. Nobody heard me and there was nobody left in the store either. And that's was a bit sad. Thank God, I brought my SAK and I figured that maybe I could make a key out of carrot. (He's cutting a keyform out of a carrot) I might try to escape like that and tried but it didn work. (Laughter. The carrot breaks of at the keyhole and he eats the rest of it) But it was a good carrot.
(The clip ends again.)
Adriaan: So I was trapped in that cold room
Herman: And you didn't had a map?
Adriaan: I didn't had one or else I had solved the whole thing rightaway.
Michiel: And what did you do than?
Adriaan: Well, since I already did my groceries, I thought I could better wait till the next day and get comfortable. So I did.

(The clip continues with Adriaan opening a bottle of wine and smelling the cork.)
Adriaan (voice over): I opened up a bottle of wine, because it warms you up. It was from a good year too. I put on that négligee, I bought against the cold. That was prescient. Lit up some candles, an umbrella here and there. Something to read, opened up a bag of chips and had some salami sausage. (Audience laughs) It was very comfy. And I read a book matching the temperatures I was in. (He's reading a book on Alaska and the clip ends again.)
Adriaan: It was interesting too.
Michiel: It looks real comfy. But isn't it chilly in the end?
Adriaan: It became very chilly. Because the thing about these cold rooms is that temperature drops so many more degrees at night. At one moment it must've been -10° C. And than all of a sudden I had to think of my great hero MacGyver. I can't remember in which episode it was, save me dead but there's an episode where he does something with a refridgerator. It was something very cold and I tried it too.

(The clip continues when Adriaan is getting colder in the cold room)
Adriaan (voice over in clip): Brrr, it's so cold in this cold room. And the négligee is really ugly. But look at that. Luck! A door. A door with a lock and next to the door the duct of the cooling system. With a swift move, I yank it off the wall and that I aim the frozen air on the lock. There, freeze over stupid lock. Than I found a big piece of meat and began hitting the lock with my impressive muscular power. (It takes a couple of blows until the lock breaks.) Yes, success. The lock gives up the fight. (He opens the door) Aah! Warmth and smell of freedom! I can go home and I take this rump along as a snack before I go to bed.
(The clip ends and applause.)
Michiel: That was great.
Adriaan: I escaped unharmed. I'll bring a piece of the rump for the party next week. And that's it the last time.
Michiel: It's with deep regret that it will be the last time. Ladies and gentlemen, Adriaan Van den Hoof.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 23 March 2012 - 10:14 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

This weeks and unfortunately last interview will come soon. So keep your eyes open. biggrin.gif

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 2 April 2013 - 09:10 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

It's been a little over a year and I still owe you guys the last interview. But I just wanted to say that I found out that the fire pillar Adriaan made in the first interview actually came from the episode The Road Not Taken with the fertilizer and bamboo. Adriaan also used fertilizer but used a stick of cedar wood instead of bamboo.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll  

FIND MORE MACGYVER GEAR IN OUR STORE

Contact          Privacy          Copyright © 2014 MacGyver Online