Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat

I read an article in a magazine about a Belgian animal programme called 'Dieren in Nesten'. Or in English: 'Animals in Troubles'. This is programme about animal lovers who try to help and preserve animals.

I thought it might be interesting to share this especially we have an episode called Black Rhino showing the dire circumstances these animals lives in. Think of this as an update of their situation since 1989. It's a short interview, only two of the six questions are about the Black Rhino. I only translate those but what I read sounded like the Black Rhino episode plot.

The programme starts it's thirteenth season by now and it's host Chris Dusauchoit (pronouncing it is as hard as writing it) travelled to South Africa to examine the Black Rhino. He meets with Steve Dell who runs a animal reservation there.

Q: What is going on with the rhino?
Chris: South Africa has to grandest population of Black Rhinos. In 2007 twenty rhinos got poached. Last year that became 633. There are still like twenty-thousand rhinos alive in the wild but we're coming at the point where more rhino's die than they are born. The cause of that is the greed of mankind. The story goes that the powder of their horns are being used as a cure to cancer and snake bites. But since the horn is made of ceratin, you might want bite your nails. In Viƫtnam the rich peoples add the powder with their wine. Just to show them on how well they are doing.

Q: How will you show this to peoples?
Chris: We went to look for all kinds of angles. We followed trained dogs looking for the powder in containers. The idea is to take out the poachers. On one end they released Mechlin shepherds on the poachers. I've been a testsubject for those dogs and I was glad I wore a bitingsuite. On the other end we interviewed a millionaire who possesses 800 rhino horns. He saws their horns of partly and collects them in his vaults. His idea is to legalize the sale from horns. And in conclusion we visit a rhino orphanage and we show Steve Dell collects DNA-material from the rhino's to secure them.

When I read this I figured this Steve Dell as a sort of Kate Hubley and the millionaire they interviewed as a sort of a Ladysmith.

Interesting however that Chris Dusauchoit says there are still twenty-thousand rhino's alive in the wild while Richard Dean Anderson said at the end of the Black Rhino that there are less the 4000 rhino's alive in the wild. I know there are 22 years past since the airing of Black Rhino so maybe something did happen in those years. Or else they would've been extinct by the year 2000.

Anyway, I just wanted to share this little part.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll