Phoenix Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Widowmaker
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat

Preview for Episode 6: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddhkpJ4rgmw&feature=youtu.be

Lots of bombs in this one!

PMEmail PosterUsers Website                                                                     
DashboardOnFire
Posted: 23 October 2016 - 04:11 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites

Slightly different preview for Episode 6: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Xr1c5_O-fo

It's from the original MacGyver on CBS YT-Account, so probably going to be deleted afterwards. But it has MacGyver Voice-Over and a little more insight in his psyche.

denizen
Posted: 23 October 2016 - 08:36 PM                                    
Quote Post

SAK owned: Tinker/Pioneer

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Human Factor

If Eads' character dies in this episode, it will be the greatest episode so far. I'll rate it 5 stars. laugh.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Miasma
Posted: 24 October 2016 - 04:56 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

QUOTE (denizen @ 24 October 2016 - 04:36 PM)
If Eads' character dies in this episode, it will be the greatest episode so far. I'll rate it 5 stars. laugh.gif

-Dalton dies.

-Riley gets fired for not being able to hack the bomb's computer control system, and she goes back to prison. Bozer is so depressed about this, he decides to make a fresh start for himself by moving to another state.

-Mac, appalled by Dalton's death, decides violence cannot be the answer to things, so he begins going on missions by himself, relying purely on his brains to get him through situations, without any gun-toting friends to provide back-up.

Best.Episode.Ever.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
DashboardOnFire
Posted: 25 October 2016 - 09:28 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites

DashboardOnFire
Posted: 27 October 2016 - 02:14 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites

Exclusive Clip for Episode 6 (HUGE SPOILER ALERT):
http://tvline.com/2016/10/27/macgyver-epis...-within-a-bomb/

DashboardOnFire
Posted: 28 October 2016 - 09:16 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites

BtS with Lucas Till on "CBS Watch! Magazine": https://www.facebook.com/cbswatchmagazine/v...53574222892255/

DashboardOnFire
Posted: 28 October 2016 - 01:35 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites

new photoshoot via CBS Watch Magazine: https://twitter.com/cbswatchmag/status/792113899961257984

Attached Image
Attached Image

DashboardOnFire
Posted: 1 November 2016 - 12:47 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites

Just realized I forgot to post the press release for Episode 7: http://www.spoilertv.com/2016/10/macgyver-...ener-press.html

“Can Opener” – MacGyver is tasked to go undercover as an inmate in a maximum security prison to break out El Noche, a notorious drug kingpin, using only batteries and salt, and track him to his cartel’s secret location and dismantle it, on MACGYVER, Friday, Nov. 4 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

REGULAR CAST:
Lucas Till (Angus “Mac” MacGyver)
George Eads (Jack Dalton)
Sandrine Holt (Patricia Thornton)
Justin Hires (Wilt Bozer)
Tristin Mays (Riley Davis)

GUEST CAST:
Thomas Kopache (O’Brian)
Sir Brodie (Deputy Warden)
Raoul Trujillo (Joaquin “El Noche” Sancola)
Jabari Marshall (Tall Guard)
Sam Medina (Raul)
Alan T. Coleman (Shoving Guard)
Cedric Greenway (Lead Guard)
Kent De Mond (Serbian Agent)
Tim Sitarz (Vincent)

WRITTEN BY: Brian Durkin
DIRECTED BY: Alec Smight

denizen
Posted: 1 November 2016 - 08:13 PM                                    
Quote Post

Favorites

The stories they devise are good and very reminiscent of the first season (Only) because they probably only watched the first season and nothing more. So you don't see the development of who these characters should actually be.

But the constant chirping on this MacGyver's shoulder from this team of leeches (Sorry, had to say it) is SOOOOO annoying! I have yet to watch a single episode that has blown me away. All of them are just "meh". There is nothing that remotely made me grin and think, "That's Mac!".

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Miasma
Posted: 2 November 2016 - 05:25 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

QUOTE (denizen @ 2 November 2016 - 04:13 PM)
The stories they devise are good and very reminiscent of the first season (Only) because they probably only watched the first season and nothing more. So you don't see the development of who these characters should actually be.

I'd like to see more character development, too. But, to be fair, this IS only the first season (and only the beginning of the first season... we're only about 1/4 of the way through it.) These are the sorts of episodes we were getting in season 1 of the original series, when the writers hadn't quite figured out who RDA's Mac was (beyond just being a nice guy who saves the world in unconventional ways.) So I'm not sure it's reasonable to expect this show to be as developed at this early point in its life as the original series became over the course of seven seasons.

On a related note-- After the pilot episode of this reboot, I watched a review where they were complaining about the plot of the episode. Basically, they were saying, "Okay, yeah, great, Mac stopped a bioweapon and saved the world, but the original series had so much more variety! There were episodes about him coaching a hockey team, looking for ancient artifacts, helping inner-city kids, etc. Where is all of that stuff in this show?" They were saying this after ONE episode! Did the reviewer seriously expect the writers to come up with an episode in which Mac saves the world, coaches a hockey team, helps inner city kids AND finds the holy grail?

But the constant chirping on this MacGyver's shoulder from this team of leeches (Sorry, had to say it) is SOOOOO annoying! I have yet to watch a single episode that has blown me away. All of them are just "meh". There is nothing that remotely made me grin and think, "That's Mac!".

I agree that's been pretty meh. I think it's been getting better, but I'm still at a point where if they announced it was being cancelled, I would just shrug.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 2 November 2016 - 05:33 AM                                    
Quote Post

Favorites

Yup. I can honesty agree that it will not phase me out whatsoever. I tune in religiously to watch a show simply because of its reputation but when i see it, it doesn't alter my mood in any way after sitting 45 minutes through it.

Shows are meant to grab you from the beginning. If they don't, they are simply not made for you. And i get the feeling this is not made for me. biggrin.gif It's always a case of, well they'll do better next time, and to me that is just not really good enough. If everyone was going to "do better" there would never be a cancellation of anything. biggrin.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
DashboardOnFire
Posted: 2 November 2016 - 12:36 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites

First Stills and Press Release for Episode 8 (the Murdoc Episode): http://www.spoilertv.com/2016/11/macgyver-...crew-press.html

The surroundings remind me of a certain episode... hmm.bmp

Interestingly, Nikki will also be back... Not sure yet if by flashbacks or for "real".

"Corkscrew" - When MacGyver comes face to face with Murdoc, an international assassin hired to kill him, Mac must defend both himself and Bozer, armed with only a corkscrew and paper towel rolls. Also, Bozer feels completely betrayed when he finally learns Mac's true identity on MACGYVER, Friday, Nov. 11 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. David Dastmalchian guest stars as Murdoc, MacGyver's nemesis.

REGULAR CAST:
Lucas Till (Angus "Mac" MacGyver)
George Eads (Jack Dalton)
Sandrine Holt (Patricia Thornton)
Justin Hires (Wilt Bozer)
Tristin Mays (Riley Davis)

RECURRING CAST:
Tracy Spiridakos (Nikki Carpenter)

GUEST CAST:
David Dastmalchian (S-218/Murdoc)
Aimee Carrero (Cindy)
Christain Chamberlin (Soldier)
Cindy L. Jefferson (Server)

WRITTEN BY: Lindsey Allen
DIRECTED BY: Janice Cooke

Attached Image
Attached Image

Miasma
Posted: 2 November 2016 - 03:25 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

QUOTE (denizen @ 3 November 2016 - 01:33 AM)
Shows are meant to grab you from the beginning. If they don't, they are simply not made for you. And i get the feeling this is not made for me. biggrin.gif It's always a case of, well they'll do better next time, and to me that is just not really good enough. If everyone was going to "do better" there would never be a cancellation of anything. biggrin.gif

That's true, especially these days. Back when the original series came out, there was less competition (fewer channels), so shows had time to "do better." In fact, that's exactly what the original series did. Season 1 of the original series had some good moments, for sure, but it was also really obvious (especially in retrospect) that the writers were still trying to figure things out. (And if we're talking about RDA projects, I think an even more obvious example of a show that relied on "doing better" was Stargate SG-1. That show eventually got quite good, but the first two seasons had quite a few embarrassingly bad episodes.)

These days, we have so many other things to watch at any given moment, so if a show doesn't grab us from day one, most of us will just look elsewhere for entertainment.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
DashboardOnFire
Posted: 3 November 2016 - 01:03 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites

DashboardOnFire
Posted: 3 November 2016 - 01:09 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites

Another Sneak Peek for Episode 7 by CBS: https://www.facebook.com/MacGyverCBS/videos...98620697110243/

DashboardOnFire
Posted: 4 November 2016 - 02:55 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites

DashboardOnFire
Posted: 4 November 2016 - 03:11 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites

Article / Interview via TV Insider: http://www.tvinsider.com/article/101720/ma...brotherly-bond/

(...)

Congrats on MacGyver’s full-season order. Lucas, did you feel any hesitancy about stepping into Richard Dean Anderson’s oversize shoes?
Till: I didn’t allow myself to think about it. But I absolutely take into consideration everything that people want from MacGyver. He’s a cool dude. So I grab the football and I run with it and I try to take a little bit of RDA and a little bit of me and see where they meet up.
Eads: You always feel pressure when you do a pilot. Nobody is harder on myself than me—and we’re hard on each other. We ask for more takes to be sure our scenes are awesome. We’re trying to make it real, and I think that jumps off the screen.

Were you fans of the original? Of course, Lucas wasn’t even born when it premiered.
Eads: Not really. [Laughs] When the show was on, I was busy chasing girls. I know it’s a crown jewel, though. And we’re trying to pay tribute to it. RDA was a legend, and I wish we had his blessing. Man, he should jump on board; this is a good show. [Editor’s note: Anderson has publicly said he does not want to be involved, out of loyalty to fans of the original series.]
Till: I should reach out to him, but I’ve been a little afraid of what he’d have to say. But I definitely knew about the show because my dad loved it so much his nickname was MacGyver! He would take over my school projects and start MacGyvering them. He calls me almost every other day with some advice on something I should MacGyver.

Speaking of the original, some fans were skeptical of the new series and even complained that Lucas was too young to play the resourceful MacGyver. Did that surprise you?
Eads: Some people weren’t going to give us a chance from the start because they didn’t like the idea of rebooting one of their favorite shows.
Till: I do think we’ve already got people tuning in who never watched the original, and they love the show. On the other side, my grandma and her friends all say they love it. [Laughs]

What’s coming up on the show?
Till: [In the November 11 episode, MacGyver’s boss] Thornton [Sandrine Holt] orders him into a secure room to keep him safe from a dangerous opponent. While he figures out how to break out, his roommate Bozer [Justin Hires] is being held hostage by an international assassin known as S-218. There’s a really cool reveal of a character from the original series in the episode.

Mac is dating again after his ex-girlfriend Nikki Carpenter (Tracy Spiridakos) betrayed him and the country. But we hear that Nikki will be back in this episode. True?
Till: Yes. I won’t tell you in what way. Mac’s still pretty torn up about Nikki. He needs closure and, oh, he’ll get it!

Will anyone else be sparking Mac’s romantic interest this season?
Till: On the old show, there was a new girl pretty much every week. Our executive producer Peter Lenkov wants that to happen here too, and so do I, but Nikki is going to be around as a bad guy for at least the first season.

Will Jack have better luck with women than CSI’s Nick had for 15 years?
Eads: [Laughs] Not likely. Jack’s bad luck with women could be a running story. He’s kind of a cactus—very prickly—so it makes sense.

What do you like best about your roles?
Eads: I get to be an action hero! In CSI, I started getting tired of doing the same stuff over and over. This is an opportunity to keep things changing, be in a different country, fight different bad guys and always being in peril. It’s never just confined to the lab. This morning, we got in at 6am to do a gun battle in a living room. It’s a lot of fun.
Till: I couldn’t imagine hiring someone for the show who didn’t enjoy problem-solving, because even though there are prop people who create the MacGyver moments, I still have to do them and figure out how to make them look good on screen. I thoroughly enjoy it. And I never get too bored. If Mac is talking a lot, we start a fight scene, and then we start MacGyvering things.

You guys work really closely together. Tell us something fun about each other.
Eads: Lucas is crazy. I’m crazy. And we both aren’t in the business to get famous. We’re here because we love the work. That’s our common denominator. I will tell you that when Lucas gets frustrated on the set, he goes off and he plays his handheld video game.
Till: I’ve likened George to Hidalgo [the strong-willed champion mustang owned by distance rider Frank Hopkins in the 2004 movie of the same name]. Try to tell him what to do, and he’ll do the exact opposite. Well, actually, we are both that way. He also loves to make up stuff to add to the script!
Eads: We’ve just gotten lucky about working with somebody we really enjoy being around even away from the camera. I think our friendship is bleeding over into the characters now, and that’s starting to come across the screen.

DashboardOnFire
Posted: 5 November 2016 - 03:27 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites

denizen
Posted: 6 November 2016 - 08:04 PM                                    
Quote Post

Favorites

My words of advise to Murdoc. "Please take out Bozer. PLEASE take out Bozer!" wink.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
DashboardOnFire
Posted: 8 November 2016 - 10:35 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites

Stills and Press Release for Episode 9: http://www.spoilertv.com/2016/11/macgyver-..._medium=twitter

Looks like LOTS of MacGyvering in this episode *yay* happy_dance.gif

Attached Image
Attached Image

DashboardOnFire
Posted: 10 November 2016 - 01:38 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites

New Clip for tomorrow's episode with Murdoc: http://www.ew.com/article/2016/11/10/macgy...ialflow_twitter

(...)

As co-creator Peter M. Lenkov previously said, Murdoc’s addition to the show was a must from the beginning. “In continuing to honor the original series, we, of course, needed to add Mac’s main nemesis to our show,” Lenkov said. “Murdoc is the ultimate badass and, just like we couldn’t do Hawaii Five-0 without Wo Fat, we are eager to add this essential foe to test our hero.”

DashboardOnFire
Posted: 10 November 2016 - 01:48 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites

Interview by TVLine with David Dastmalchian about his Murdoc Appearance: http://tvline.com/2016/11/10/macgyver-epis...d-dastmalchian/

MacGyver vs. Archenemy Murdoc! Reborn TV Rivalry Asks: 'How Twisted Can This Game Get?'

CBS’ new MacGyver takes another page from the original series’ playbook this Friday at 8/7c, when the elite assassin Murdoc makes himself known, launching what promises to be an engaging, ongoing clash between brilliant minds.

Setting the stage for this “reborn” rivalry is the none-too-small fact that Murdoc has been hired to take out the series’ titular hero. “The reason why Murdoc is coming for MacGyver is something that I can’t and won’t reveal,” says the killer’s portrayer, David Dastmalchian (whom you may recognize from a recent 12 Monkeys arc, or his turn as a Joker stooge in The Dark Knight). “But I think it’s a pretty great twist.”

What’s more, Murdoc will make mayhem in not just Mac’s professional life, but his personal one as well. “There’s a psychological game playing as well, not just the physical threat of ‘I’m going to kill you,'” Dastmalchian previews. “It’s, ‘How twisted can this game get?'”

Regardless of whom Murdoc was recruited by and why, he will quickly come to realize that crafty Mac is not easily whacked — a fact that only energizes the assassin. “Most of the time Murdoc is taking out his marks, it’s done in a way that you never saw him coming, and you never realized he was there,” Dastmalchian notes. “What he loves — and despises — about MacGyver is that he makes it very hard, but also rather fun, for a nihilist like Murdoc. So by the time I get to pull out the ‘big guns,’ I’m savoring it. Like, ‘Wow, I’ve been so good at my job for so long, I forgot what it’s like to actually have a bit of cat-and-mouse, to have a real challenge.’ MacGyver impresses me so much.”

And yet, Murdoc will prove to be every bit Mac’s equal, if not more. “MacGyver is really, really good at what he does,” Dastmalchian acknowledges. “But I’ve got to say, Murdoc is just a hair better.”

If Dastmalchian speaks of this gig with a certain fondness, it’s because he is coming at it as a longtime fan of the original MacGyver, where English entertainer Michael Des Barres (pictured above) recurred as Murdoc. “When they called and said, ‘There’s this role, Murdoc, they’re going to cast…,’ I knew exactly what they were talking about before they went any further. I was so excited,” the actor recalls. “The bar was already set by Michael, who was just incredible, so I feel really honored to step into his proverbial assassin’s boots, that I get to be the one with the rocket launcher now!”

Inheriting the role “was a little scary,” Dastmalchian admits, “but I’m very optimistic, and curious, to see how people who adored what Michael did will interpret what I brought to the table. I felt like there was a lot of homage to the original Murdoc while also updating and bringing him into this new world.” As for any direct callbacks to, say, Murdoc’s penchant for disguises: “Oh, well, you’ll just have to wait and see….”

Is it safe to assume that Murdoc’s visit won’t be one-and-done, regardless of how his first face-off with Mac ends? After all, as played by Des Barres, the crafty killer seemed to have nine lives. “If you ever watched the original, Murdoc is so good at his job that even when he would catapult from the edge of a ravine at the end of an episode, he always found a way back,” Dastmalchian reminds. “So I will say this to the viewers: This is just the beginning.”

DashboardOnFire
Posted: 10 November 2016 - 01:58 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites

Interview with Lucas and Lenkov by NY Post: http://nypost.com/2016/11/10/macgyver-star...n-fight-scenes/

‘MacGyver’ star really likes getting bruised up in fight scenes

Lucas Till, the star of CBS reboot “MacGyver,” is getting a first-class education in how to be a TV action star.

Till, only 26, is young enough to bounce back after 14-hour days of explosions and other close calls. But he really doesn’t have much of a choice, now that “MacGyver” — a reboot of the popular 1985-92 ABC series starring Richard Dean Anderson — has been renewed for the entire season.

“The fight scenes are great, actually,” Till says, on a break from production. “You get hurt a little bit but it gets your adrenaline going. It’s nothing I can’t recover from. Today we had someone cut their hand open on a gun. I bruised my hand punching a car. I kind of enjoy it.”

Fans of the original series will get a treat in Friday night’s episode when — in a nod to “MacGyver’s” storied past — a classic villain from the show’s first incarnation returns: Murdoc, originally played by Michael Des Barres, and this time played by little-known actor David Dastmalchian. He’s an international assassin hired to kill MacGyver, who must defend himself armed with only a corkscrew and paper towel rolls.

Till’s boss, series creator Peter Lenkov, says he brought Murdoc back because he “was so integral to the [show’s] landscape. When you think about any kind of nemesis, he’s just a really interesting character.” Rather than resort to stunt casting, Lenkov chose the little-known Dastmalchian because “I wanted somebody who was a good actor first and [was] not associated with prior roles.”

Till says that he and co-star George Eads, who plays MacGyver’s sidekick Jack Dalton, work after hours to rehearse scenes that are shot on location so that “We only need two takes to nail it,” he says. “We move really fast.”

Even though the series films in Atlanta, Till — who grew up in nearby Marietta — has had no time to see his family. He recently had his new assistant send them a gift because he was too busy.

“The show is called ‘MacGyver’ and I’ve got to be there every day,” Till says. “There are probably a lot of girls out there watching the show that I don’t have time to talk to.”

Lenkov admires the young star’s dedication. “He’s learning to cope without sleep and taking advantage of his trailer at lunchtime to take a nap,” he says. “He’s learning to adjust his body chemistry. It’s exhausting as the lead of the show, but he’s gung-ho.”

And about those “MacGyver” gadgets: Lenkov admits the show keeps a list of what’s been used so far so fans can “play along and see what it’s going to be” week to week.

“MacGyver” will take a few weeks off around Christmas but, early next year, Lenkov says the show will see “a major change” at MacGyver’s employer, the Phoenix Foundation: “Fans will probably figure it out because a lot of Easter eggs have been planted.”

denizen
Posted: 10 November 2016 - 08:38 PM                                    
Quote Post

Favorites

“In continuing to honor the original series, we, of course, needed to add Mac’s main nemesis to our show,” Lenkov said.

Seriously? Honor? How exactly? Mac kills people. Mac drinks. Guns blazing in almost every episode. Tag team annoyance.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
DashboardOnFire
Posted: 11 November 2016 - 02:12 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites

QUOTE (denizen @ 11 November 2016 - 06:38 AM)
“In continuing to honor the original series, we, of course, needed to add Mac’s main nemesis to our show,” Lenkov said.

They sure don't honor the original show when it comes to Mac and Jack, but I think they actually do by bringing Murdoc back (at least from what I've seen of previews and sneak peeks).

Because "The Ghost" would have been a pretty fine villain in my opinion; and I'm glad they're still bringing Murdoc back and that they do in the first season (and not e.g. as a sort of last minute save in case the ratings continue to drop).

DashboardOnFire
Posted: 14 November 2016 - 12:26 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites

via https://twitter.com/cbswatchmag/status/798207584884797442

(the photoshoot for CBS Watch! Magazine should be released in January)

Attached Image
Attached Image

DashboardOnFire
Posted: 16 November 2016 - 03:16 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites

DashboardOnFire
Posted: 17 November 2016 - 12:19 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites

denizen
Posted: 17 November 2016 - 08:18 PM                                    
Quote Post

Favorites

Guns guns guns. I think this show should be renamed Rambo. biggrin.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (21) « First ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll