|Episode: 010 (#40191-010)
||Title: Target MacGyver
December 22, 1985
|Teleplay: Mike Marvin, Stephen Kandel,
& James Schmerer
Gambit Writer: Terry Nation
Gambit Director: Lee H. Katzin
MacGyver is assigned to find and rescue a
lady general who he finds is being held captive in a house at the edge of a public beach.
Once there MacGyver sneaks in to the kitchen and sets up a timed distraction of crashing
pots and pans to allow him to evacuate the general from the house and then set up a trap
to catch the two captors.
After being identified as the saboteur of a
Middle Eastern nuclear plant, MacGyver has a hit ordered against him and is ordered to
lay low. He decides to use this time to visit his estranged grandfather, whom
he hasnt seen for eighteen years and lives in the backwoods of Colorado.
Soon after arriving MacGyver finds that his assumption that the hit men wouldnt find
him there was wrong and both he and his Grandfather are forced to take on the would be hit
men using only their wits and natures resources, which is when they both learn that they
have much more in common then either of them had thought.
|Richard Dean Anderson......
- Uses blade to dig hole in ground
- Cut hole in Pine tree bark to get sap.
- Cuts twigs into needles for blow darts
- Cuts into shrub to get the sap for the blow-darts
- Harry uses SAK to dig out reeds
- Victorinox Tinker
- Hand to hand combat
- First Aid
- This is the first appearance of MacGyver's only living
relative, his grand father Harry.
- This is the first episode where we get information about
MacGyver's past and family
- We see that Harry also carries a Swiss Army Knife
- MacGyver says that he hasn't seen his grandfather since he
was ten and then observes to Harry that it's been "sixteen, seventeen, eighteen
years" since they last saw each other.
- MacGyver calls his grandfather "Harry."
- Harry calls MacGyver "Bud."
- Harry lives on a farm just out of Ouray, Colorado.
- Harry and MacGyver hide from Axminster in a deserted town
- We learn that after MacGyver's mother died, Harry avoided
seeing MacGyver because he didn't want to be reminded of the loss.
- MacGyver recalls that Harry would take him out to pick a
tree for Christmas.
- When he was "about ten" MacGyver made a duck call
for Harry, who says it still works well for him.
- MacGyver says that as a kid, he chewed pine pitch
"like it was gum".
- Home. Enough is enough. I will not, under any
circumstances, for any reason whatsoever answer the phone ... probably ... again. - MacGyver
- I like to take care of my own messes. - MacGyver
- Big on aliens in Alabama. - MacGyver
No lie, full of strange people. That's why I'm goin' north. Back to see my family
for a while. - Guy on bus
Makes sense. - MacGyver
- I hadn't seen my grandfather since I was ten. He was all
the family I had - and we were strangers. - MacGyver
- Hi. MacGyver here. When you hear the beep, let me know
what's on your mind. - Answering machine message
- What a beautiful part of the world. It has everything but
people. - MacGyver
- I never forget a grandfather. - MacGyver
- You haven't changed. - MacGyer
Haven't had to, and I don't plan to. - Harry
- "Still tough as a dirty boot, aren't you." - MacGyver
- C'mon, Harry. You're the one who used to tell me: you don't
fish for fish, you fish for fishin'. - MacGyver
- You sure that'll work? - Harry
Nope. - MacGyver
Bud, you are a comfort - Harry
- When I was a kid, I used to chew pine pitch like it was
gum. It tasted alright - but it burned a lot better. - MacGyver
- They've been falling for your foolishness; I figured I'd
try some of my own. - Harry
- I just hope it's worth losing that trout. - Harry
- You gotta hit 'em just right! - Harry
- When MacGyver in cutting the tree branch, first he's
sitting up on the branch cutting with one hand then the next shot he is somehow standing
behind the branch using both hands.
- When you look at the outside of Harry's cabin,
the fireplace is at the right hand end of the building, but when we see inside the cabin,
the fireplace has magically moved to the opposite and of the cabin.
- Where did MacGyver get the bag from to collect pine cones
- MacGyver says he is blowing up a brand new Middle-Eastern
nuclear refining plant, but one of the trucks
visable in-shoot has a German emblem on it.
- Used SAK to pick door lock
- Tray with pots and pans sitting on bag of melting ice made
- Tipped cooking oil over kitchen floor to make bad guys slip
- Used garden hose to trip bad guys
- Reeds under wood to "fake" breathing
- Made blowdart, using reeds & anesthetic-type plant
- Pine cones & pine pitch as "land mines"
- Used "loco weed" as anesthetic
- Grain dust down a funnel, exploded when lit
- Harry used pine nuts as "blasting caps"
- Saw half way through roof support so it could be knocked