After arriving back from an East
German mission to retrieve a list of information for the DXS, MacGyver and Pete are
ambushed by East German agents. Pete is wounded and MacGyver is kidnapped and injected
with serum which will kill him in 6 hours time unless he tells his captures where he hid
the stolen list in return for which they will give him the antidote. MacGyver promptly
escapes from them and as the serum begins to take its painful and hallucinogenic hold on
him, is helped by Lisa Allen, a
run-away hed helped earlier to catch a fish at the docks. Lisa takes him back to her
make-do shelter in an old abandoned building, but they are soon found by the Germans and
after escaping once again from them, MacGyver begins to realize that with time ticking
away his only hope is to try and confront and outsmart his would be captures all while
fighting the effects of the drug as it slowly kills him.
|Richard Dean Anderson............
(as Mike Mancini)
J. Michael Flynn........................
Various characters (uncredited)
- Cuts something while fixing Lisa's line
- Uses screwdriver blade to open hatch in lamp
- Victorinox Tinker
- MacGyver arrives in the San Pedro harbor on a ship called
- This is the first episode where we see MacGyver working for
- This episode is the first time we hear about the
"bonus" MacGyver gets for completing assignments.
- MacGyver's "bonus" for this episode was a
government scholarship for Lisa.
- At the start of this episode we hear a bad guy refer to
Pete as what sounds like Colton instead of Thornton. Colton was the character Dana Elcar
played in the pilot episode. There is, however, some
debate over weather he actually says Colton or Thornton.
- "It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing
water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On the other hand, ten and a
half days at sea is enough water for anybody." - MacGyver
- You know, seaweed's not considered to be the best lure for
fishing. - MacGyver
- "My grandfather use to say "You just gotta think
like a fish."" - MacGyver
"Yeah but does it work?" - Lisa
"Ultimatly it's up to the fish I think". - MacGyver
- "The East Germans are just a little bit hot over this
one" - Pete
"Nice to know my works appreciated." - MacGyver
- "I don't believe it. You are an officer of the law. I
can tell." - MacGyver
- Hey, look guys . . . I've got this thing about needles . .
. Here's an idea: why don't you just try dripping water on my forehead? . . . The old
rubber hose and bright light trick? - MacGyver
The list. - Nielson
Hypnotism - it's been known to work - MacGyver
- Bein' told when you're gonna die kinda puts a little
pressure on you. - MacGyver
- One time, when I was a kid, I built a slingshot out of a
couple of broken hockey sticks and an old inner tube. And you know, no matter how hard I
practiced I just could never miss . . my neighbor's window. - MacGyver
- I got school books; I'm gonna get a diploma. I'm gonna make
something of myself . . . I don't know exactly what - Lisa
How about a success? - MacGyver
- I hope you know what you're doing. - Lisa
Me too. - MacGyver
- Like the magician said: a little misdirection never hurt. -
- The alarm reset button is on the top in one scene and on
the bottom in the next scene.
- The bundle of money being counted by the bad guys is blank
on one side
- As Mac falls after being hit by the bad policeman, his eyes
are red, the same as they are when he's drugged. Then in the next scene they are clear
again. (scene is a cut from the later scene when Mac falls and is found by the girl)
- At the beginning the two Germans say "Colson is here
personally for the pick up" referring to Pete Thornton.. Colson was the character
Dana Elca played in the pilot episode.
- Pete is shot in his left arm; however, later he is shown
with his right arm in a sling
- Used gum wrapper as fishing tackle
- Used edge of metal basin to sharpen knife
- Piped water down belt into electrical outlet to short it
- Set up old TV tube and car batteries on chairs behind door
to overload as the door opens.
- Cot springs & cot used to ram the door open
- Hung fire hose out window to make bad guys think he had
escaped out the window.
- Used old nail to open car tire valve and let air out.
- Set fire to piece of rope hanging under smoke alarm to set
alarm off as distraction.
- Dropped water bottles onto a board leaning against a wall
of barrels which made the barrels fall onto the bad guys.
- Hit iron bar on fire hydrant to make long magnet
- Used long magnet to pick up metal capsule of antidote from