While trying to retrieve stolen top secret pentagon missle launch
codes, MacGyver is caught and tied up in a car about to be crushed. After making a hasty
escape from the car he uses the wreckers magnet to get the briefcase and pins the thieves
car against a phone pole, with the thieves inside.
MacGyver is sent into the
heart of opium country in Burma,
to retrieve a poison filled canister from a crashed plane. His mission is made
considerably more complex when he is mistaken for a DEA agent by local opium producers who
are holding the local villagers as slaves to harvest their opium fields for them.
The villagers decide to
help MacGyver escape the drug lords "sun rack" and in return MacGyver helps the
villages gain their freedom from the drug lords once and for all.
- Used the knife one-handed to cut
- Cut the rope to the pigpen to release the pigs
- Tinker small
- Hand to hand combat
- Gorilla warfare
- The canister MacGyver retrieves is labeled "Controlled
Materials SFT-42 Danger."
- The general who gives MacGyver his mission brief on the
beach has a name tag of Hawkins.
- MacGyver refers to his cousin Allie, but this contradicts
the later story line of MacGyver having no living family or relatives.
- In the close up of MacGyver
holding his SAK we can see the tweezers are missing.
- Now, you may find this hard to believe, but there have been
times when I've had a lot more fun in the back seat of a car. - MacGyver
- Missiles come in all shapes and sizes. I've always been
partial to round. - MacGyver
- My mom used to make a great broiled chicken. One of my
favorites. Funny, I'm starting to feel real sympathetic towards them chickens. - MacGyver
- It's my humble opinion that old Alexadra Graham bell has a
lot to answer for. - MacGyver
- When guard comes to check on MacGyver tied on the rack we
can see Macs belt on his pants. The camera then cuts to show his SAK on the ground, when
it cuts back to Mac his belt is missing.
- In the opening gambit, MacGyver suspends the bad guys in
mid-air inside their car, the driver has a clear shot at him out the driver's side window
but doesn't shoot.
- Used tire wrench to pop open trunk
- Inflating raft pulls string on Signal flare to create
- Log hanging on ropes swings down to knock solders out of
- Used Mirror and whistle as signals
- Alcohol & fire ash in bamboo pipes made tear gas
- Branch laying across road connected to string which pulls
triggers on guns (when branch is moved) to shoot tires of jeep.
- Giant Bambo "flute" is connected to jeeps exhaust
to blow home made tear gas out.
- Attached jeep winch to Helicopter to "wind in"