Trouble shooter

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:Pilot (intro v.o.), LTOA
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Blue snow/outdoors
House:  Observatory

I really enjoy Mac's voice over when he's playing soccer at the beginning of this episode. I think it is really charming--it might even be in the top ten of my favorite pieces of writing from the entire series.

I like this episode for several silly reasons, too, but these are my favorites:

1. I always had a thing for John deLancie, so that's a major plus, even if he's playing the bad guy.

2. I like the architecture in a lot of the filming locations, so I have fun just staring at the pretty buildings on the screen.

Like jackwabbit and Scwilson, I enjoyed the fact that they showed Mac not realizing that Sarah and her "brother" were lying....it does make him seem more human and vulnerable. I have to admit, sometimes I think that they should do something like that on the reboot because it would show that Mac is a humble person who is capable of understanding that he doesn't always have all of the answers. That's one of the more admirable character traits that always set MacGyver apart from many others in the espionage genre.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted on 1 June 2018 - 06:50 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: none

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:Halloween Knights
Vehicle: Motorcycle
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat

QUOTE (Rocket @ 8 April 2017 - 01:58 PM)
My favourite 'Mac-swear' is, "I don't give a rat's pyjamas!"
I can't even remember which episode it's from, I just love it! roller.gif

Jack in the Box

...I answer, over a year after it's posted roller.gif

"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer" - Hank The Cowdog

"You have the heart of a chief, and the soul of a dragon"- How to Train Your Dragon 2

"[T]he more we try to understand one another, the more exceptional each one of us will be" - Zootopia

"Love makes you do strange things." - Charlie Brown

"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Dreamworks Dragons Race to the Edge

PM                                                                     
MacGyver85
Posted on 1 June 2018 - 07:56 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Episode:Each one as I watch it!
House:  Loft

QUOTE (Dragondog @ 1 June 2018 - 10:50 PM)
QUOTE (Rocket @ 8 April 2017 - 01:58 PM)
My favourite 'Mac-swear' is, "I don't give a rat's pyjamas!"
I can't even remember which episode it's from, I just love it!    roller.gif

Jack in the Box

...I answer, over a year after it's posted roller.gif

Sounds like something I'd do! roller.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
AmigaDeVenezuela
Posted on 6 November 2018 - 08:44 PM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 2
Episode:Partners and Friends
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Blue snow/outdoors

QUOTE (Rocket @ 22 March 2014 - 11:24 AM)
QUOTE (Scwilson @ 8 August 2013 - 04:31 PM)
sak.gif Mac escaping from the prison was excellent. John de Lancie was great I liked him in Star Trek: TNG as Q.

Hah! That's why he looked so familiar! He was Q...

I liked this one too, the high points for me being the spatula helicopter and the bench in the chops. I like the way Mac uses everything within reach to get the bad guys boxing.gif

The voice sounded familiar to me. Q from from Star Trek TNG, DS9 and Star Trek Voyager. Oh, and The Twilight Zone.
It was fun to watch John De Lancie and RDA interact. biggrin.gif

"He always used to say, 'There are no great things to be accomplished in? this life, just small things done with great love.'" Rachel, remembering Father Jim

"Primitive working conditions. Lowsy hours. Monster workload. No pay. What a deal!"-MacGyver Slow Death about the clinic for Hassan's people.

"...but our lives aren't just measured in years. They're measured in the lives of people we touch around us." Peeta Mellark in Catching Fire.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
zoeryan
Posted on 6 November 2018 - 09:49 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Lthrman Squirt

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:ETSS, Partners

QUOTE (Rocket @ 22 March 2014 - 11:24 AM)
QUOTE (Scwilson @ 8 August 2013 - 04:31 PM)
sak.gif Mac escaping from the prison was excellent. John de Lancie was great I liked him in Star Trek: TNG as Q.

Hah! That's why he looked so familiar! He was Q...

Oh how did I not place him before! And he stars with RDA in Legend, and is in several episodes of SG1.

"I'm not perfect.... yet."

"Are you crazy?" "It's been rumored..."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
sylvain1888
Posted on 20 November 2020 - 03:51 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 6
Episode:

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Hannibal_Smith
Posted on 21 April 2022 - 05:18 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

"Two points breakdown! Cops beat peasant! That's what I like to see: tax money at work!"

Well, this one aged particularly well. Cops assaulting a street vendor is what triggered the Tunisian Revolution, and by extension the entire Arab Spring, and in exactly this part of the world, too.

(Ben Ali wasn't president yet when this episode aired, but he would be shortly, and he was already one of the most powerful men in the government).

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 21 April 2022 - 07:09 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

QUOTE (Hannibal_Smith @ 21 April 2022 == 06:18 PM)
Well, this one aged particularly well.  Cops assaulting a street vendor is what triggered the Tunisian Revolution, and by extension the entire Arab Spring, and in exactly this part of the world, too.

You only have to look in your own backyard to see cops assaulting people for no other reason than they think they can get away with it.

In the US it's practically a weekly news item (sometimes daily) but it's also similar in other countries which think they are "first world' and "civilized" as well.

It's quite an eye opener to watch episodes of a show from the late 80's and realize that practically nothing has changed since the episode was made, and in some cases have actually gotten worse.

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Hannibal_Smith
Posted on 1 May 2022 - 06:08 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

QUOTE (MacGyverOnline @ 22 April 2022 - 03:09 PM)
QUOTE (Hannibal_Smith @ 21 April 2022 - 06:18 PM)
Well, this one aged particularly well.  Cops assaulting a street vendor is what triggered the Tunisian Revolution, and by extension the entire Arab Spring, and in exactly this part of the world, too.

You only have to look in your own backyard to see cops assaulting people for no other reason than they think they can get away with it.

In the US it's practically a weekly news item (sometimes daily) but it's also similar in other countries which think they are "first world' and "civilized" as well.

It's quite an eye opener to watch episodes of a show from the late 80's and realize that practically nothing has changed since the episode was made, and in some cases have actually gotten worse.

Part of the reason I wish the Colton spin-off had gotten made is that I'm kind of curious to see what a TV show would have been like that was written by the MacGyver team with their social conscience and fondness for ripped-from-the-headlines storylines, but told from the point of view of black working-class PIs.

I'm pretty sure almost all of it would still resonate today.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (2) 1 [2]  Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll