Season 2 on DVD

Release Date:  June 7, 2005

Discs in Set:    6

Format:             Color, Full Screen

Sound:              Dolby Digital, mono

Presentation:  1 disc per keep case

Extras:               None

Tag Line:  His Mind Is The Ultimate Weapon

Boxed set of all 22 episodes of the first season.

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyver-Fan
  Posted: 8 April 2010 - 02:54 PM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned: Victorionox

Favorites
Season: season 2
Episode:Three for The Road.
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Apartment

Wow! Sadly, it appears I'm the only or among the few members here that watches Season 2 the most. It is my absolute fav.... well besides season 1 that is. biggrin.gif

- M.F. duct.gif

MacGyver: His Mind is The Ultimate Weapon!

PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahoo                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 8 April 2010 - 09:27 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

Season 2 could be my second favorite season, right behind season 3.

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
cirubit
Posted: 9 April 2010 - 05:32 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: various

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:phoenix under siege
House:  House boat

My two favourite seasons are the first and the second!
Maybe I prefer the first but also the second season is not bad...
I liked the voice over of Mac and it was very present in this episodes!
As mentioned in the apposite topic, my favourite story of second season is "Phoenix under siege", but I also loved "tree for the road", "Birthday", "the human factor" and "Dalton, jack of spies"! happy_dance.gif

PMEmail PosterUsers Website                                                                     
Harry1982
Posted: 18 August 2014 - 03:18 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Various

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Passages

Just finished season 2. It starts with a great episode, The Human Factor. Followed by another good episode The Eraser with Jimmy Kendell that we see later on season 3 Back From The Dead. They introduce Jack Dalton in Jack Of Lies, we also see him in Dalton, Jack Of Spies, Partners and Friends. I do like Jack Dalton as a character, but these episodes aren't my favorites from second season, except Partners where we'll get our very first Murdoc episode. Definitely one of the best episodes of this season. By the way we see lots Pete Thornton in the field with MacGyver this season.

Phoenix Under Siege what a superb episode and I think this one is my favorite. Few others that I really liked were Pirates, Marta DuBois as Barbara, OMG she was hot wub.gif . One another great episode was Out In The Cold which is one of the funniest episodes. Mac taking care of Pete in his apartment laugh.gif . We also got our first flashback episode out of 3 in the whole serie. It's not really my cup of tea, but definitely better than in most of other shows. In some shows you wanna just skip them, but never in MacGyver.

So 5 of my favorite episodes were The Human Factor, Partners, Phoenix Under Siege, Out In The Cold and Pirates. Least favorites were The Wish Child, Silent World and Friends. Once again a great season and really hard to say which is better the first or the second.

Harry Jackson: There was a time when I could run all day without breaking a sweat. I tell ya: it's hell getting old.
MacGyver: Age is only in the mind, Harry.
Harry Jackson: Well, my mind tells me I'm gettin' old.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Fly_airdalton
Posted: 10 September 2014 - 11:04 AM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned: w/ the lighter

Favorites
Episode:Phoenix Under Siege
Vehicle: Nomad
House:  Loft

My favorite season. The first season would be the runner-up, followed by the third.

"It's funny how, when you want time to move along, it never does. But when you're running out of time, it disappears much too soon."-MacGyver (Phoenix Under Siege)

"It's a shooting gallery MacGyver, and we have no guns!"-Murdoc (Halloween Knights)

"We'll never be able to out run it".-Dr.Ludlum
"Come on, where's your sense of adventure?"-MacGyver(The Human Factor)

Last.fm

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Grazer
Posted: 27 September 2014 - 05:54 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Episode:The Eraser

Yeah this is my favorite season too. So many great episodes.

"One time we were on a camping trip. This bear ate all our food! I got all wimpy scared, but my grandpa, he said to me, 'Bud. . . we'll just go grazing.'"

PMEmail PosterYahoo                                                                     
tvero
Posted: 1 October 2014 - 02:48 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Blow Out

It was a very good season,I agree.I said before that season three was my favourite but I must say that after season four...I didn't find them as interesting as in the past (sorry ) apart from some very good episodes here and there of course.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Fly_airdalton
Posted: 2 October 2014 - 05:56 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned: w/ the lighter

Favorites
Episode:Phoenix Under Siege
Vehicle: Nomad
House:  Loft

QUOTE (tvero @ 1 October 2014 - 06:48 AM)
It was a very good season,I agree.I said before that  season three was my favourite but  I must say that after season four...I didn't find them as interesting  as in the past (sorry ) apart from some very good episodes here and there of course.

Me too. I truly think that the writers went a different route after season four. I didn't mind Mac helping for a good cause. However, it seemed campy and unrealistic to do "humanitarian " missions all the time thereafter. Annoying to me really. Imho they ruined the show after season 5.

"It's funny how, when you want time to move along, it never does. But when you're running out of time, it disappears much too soon."-MacGyver (Phoenix Under Siege)

"It's a shooting gallery MacGyver, and we have no guns!"-Murdoc (Halloween Knights)

"We'll never be able to out run it".-Dr.Ludlum
"Come on, where's your sense of adventure?"-MacGyver(The Human Factor)

Last.fm

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 4 November 2015 - 06:03 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

I think out of all seasons, season 2 is the most lighthearted and most fun season with Twice Stung being the least episode of the season, despite having a few good laughs. Hell, I even like Penny's episode in this season. There is not really one I can say that was a terrible episode. I have a soft spot for Three For The Road despite Guy's maybe somewhat overacting and his poems and quotes. Also Phoenix Under Siege is a very good one. Those really got to me. And of course there are whole lot of others. The Human Factor was a great start. Mac vs. machine. The Eraser was a well layered episode. Jack Dalton makes his first appearance and three more later in the season. Mac in the avalanche was a great touch and Partners was a nice origins story. Friends was a nice episode. I never mind an episode in which they look back upon past adventures. For Love Or Money was a great episode to close down the season. I think of all seasons this might be the best season around. It's light, it's fun. Season 1 still had a little more serious tone in some episodes. Season 2 seemed like hitting the right tone. Interesting is that this season has only 1 episode that is fully set overseas; The Road Not Taken. In all the others we see him preparing and coming back home. Of course it shouldn't take the fun away.

Also interesting is indeed Marta Dubois' guest appearance in Pirates. You can even link her story from Magnum PI into MacGyver. She and Magnum married at the end of the Vietnam war in 1975 where she presumably died after an attack than went into the witness relocation programme and moved to L.A. To Mac she says she's been looking for the treasure for the past twelve years. She met Mac in 1987. Of course there are some holes since she and Magnum actually reunited in 1981. Might be an interesting storyline though. A woman leading more lives, marrying a navy man but ends up treasure hunting in L.A. Of course still wouldn't make sense since she left Magnum for a Vietnamese general. biggrin.gif

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll