Special Forces Agent

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Survivors
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat

I was listening to a Bruce McGill interview from the Macgyver podcast and he mentioned the Ma dalton episode.
The scene in which his mother rejects him at the bar, dalton really lays into her and lets her have it. The producer steve downing said they had to reshoot his scene. It was too dark , too emotional for Jack daltons character. They didn?t want it to ever go that far. I find that remarkable.

I find that a wise decision ultimately, it wasn?t a drama in that sense, it had its tone and they didn?t want to go another direction. I think McGill was initially upset but I think he understood.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Myrtle Groggins
Posted: 23 December 2023 - 10:26 AM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 2
Episode:Birth Day, Soft Touch
Jacket:  ---
House:  Second Loft

Bruce McGill has played a lot of characters like Jack. Not outright comedic but with a goofy twist. He would have loved the opportunity to play Jack a bit different for one scene.

They could have had a moment like this with Jack at some point. It might have made the character feel more organic. But also it wasn't a MacGyver era thing. And I agree, it wouldn't have worked in this episode. It was at points on the edge of being too 90s-00s dark-earnest.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
macgybl
Posted: 23 December 2023 - 02:17 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Survivors
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat

He was and still is a very good actor , he said steve downing said Macgyver has a horizon, a ?channel?and you can?t go out of it. I get it.

Would have been cool see his real acting chops take in Ma dalton.

He mentioed when working for director Michael Mann, he had much more acting freedom. Completely different acting roles and situations of course

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll