“Aaaaeeeyyy!” Guess Who's Coming to Denver?
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
MacFan092985
Posted: 19 April 2014 - 08:10 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode: . . . Holy Rose
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat

On Saturday May 3 Henry Winkler will be appearing at MileHigh Comics here in Denver, CO to sign copies of his new children's book series, Here's Hank. I'm awaiting response to see if Mr. Winkler will sign things other than copies of his book. If he will, I'll have him sign something from MacGyver.

"Jeep. My Jeep? What are you talking about? Penny! My Jeep?" - MacGyver

"Look at me. I'm a hurtin' guy! I'm beat up. I need a month's worth of sleep . . . and I need a haircut!" - MacGyver

"It's been said, 'The best gift a man could ever give another, was his life', Jack Dalton was never one to settle for less than the best. Thank you Jack." - MacGyver

"Reboots are born out of the lack of imagination." M. Lance Frank

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
KiwiTek
Posted: 19 April 2014 - 08:15 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Episode:Runners

Something like the Graphic novel cover or a comic cover. wink.gif

MDDHosting - Professional Wed Hosting Solutions

PM                                                                     
MacFan092985
Posted: 20 April 2014 - 07:18 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

Favorites

Actually, I searched for "Harry's Will Images" and found a good one of Henry and RDA. I figured I'd print it and have him sign it, maybe with a quote from that episode.

"Look at me. I'm a hurtin' guy! I'm beat up. I need a month's worth of sleep . . . and I need a haircut!" - MacGyver

"It's been said, 'The best gift a man could ever give another, was his life', Jack Dalton was never one to settle for less than the best. Thank you Jack." - MacGyver

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
YopeGyver
Posted: 20 April 2014 - 06:05 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:Passages, Nightmares

Wow! That'd be awesome if they'll allow it!

"Our principles are the springs of our actions. Our actions, the springs of our happiness
or misery. Too much care, therefore, cannot be taken in forming our principles."
-Red Skelton

"You can't live in the past - there's a future to be had!"

Art

PMUsers Website                                                                     
MacFan092985
Posted: 24 April 2014 - 04:08 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

Favorites

Just got an email back from Mile High Comics and they said it's their understanding that Henry will be signing anything. WOOHOO! I found a picture of Henry and RDA from "Harry's Will" that I'm going to print and take with me. I'll be sure to post a picture.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Wheeljack
Posted: 24 April 2014 - 06:20 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Adventurer

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Gold Rush, Invisible Killer

I'd have him sign a bottle of "Gaaatoraaade!" tongue.gif I'd also try to get the line to chant Gatorade.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacFan092985
Posted: 3 May 2014 - 09:20 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

Favorites

I met Henry Winkler this morning. Besides having him autograph a photo of him from the episode "Harry's Will" I told him I'm a member of MacGyver Online and asked if he'd be willing to hold the sign you see in the picture below. smile.gif

user posted image

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacFan092985
Posted: 3 May 2014 - 09:53 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

Favorites

When Mr. Winkler walked into the comic book shop I happened to be standing right where he walked by. I said, "Good morning sir", to which he said, Good morning. Nice to see you." I responded by saying, "Nice to see you". Once the line formed to meet him, he would occasionally walk the line, shaking people's hands thanking them for coming out and waiting in line. When he saw me he said, "Nice to see you again". When it was my turn, he asked what I wanted to have him sign (he had numerous 8"x10"s and copies of his different books laid out on a table). I told him I'd like him to sign the photo I brought, which he was more than happy to.

user posted image

As you can see, he signed his name twice. Here's the story behind that. I initially asked him to sign my photo, which he did but left out the "N" in my name, as seen in the photo below.

user posted image

At first I thought I'd just let it go, but after leaving the comic book store, I decided to go back and ask Mr. Winkler to put an "N" in my name. Which he was more than happy to do. When I pointed it out to him, his response was, "Of course". He then signed his name a second time along with the "X2".

Having gone back a second time, I figured it was only appropriate to buy a copy of his latest book, which he also autographed.

user posted image

Mr. Winkler was so cool, so accommodating, so polite. As I stated before, he would periodically walk the entire line of people waiting to meet him to thank them for coming out, even if he'd thanked them the previous time he walked the line. In fact, when I went back, he walked the line twice before it was my turn. The first time he said, "Lance, good to see you again" and shook my hand. The second time he said, "Laaaance". I thought that was so cool for a celebrity to be so attentive to their fans.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
KiwiTek
Posted: 3 May 2014 - 10:32 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Episode:Runners

QUOTE (MacFan092985 @ 4 May 2014 - 05:20 PM)
I met Henry Winkler this morning.  Besides having him autograph a photo of him from the episode "Harry's Will" I told him I'm a member of MacGyver Online and asked if he'd be willing to hold the sign you see in the picture below. smile.gif

user posted image

Awesome! biggrin.gif What a great idea that was. Nicely done!

Sounds like his title of "the nicest guy in Hollywood" is appropriate then. biggrin.gif

Did he say anything about the photo?

MDDHosting - Professional Wed Hosting Solutions

PM                                                                     
MacFan092985
Posted: 3 May 2014 - 10:44 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

Favorites

His only comment about the picture was, "Ah, yes". I would like to have asked him about working with RDA but there wasn't really time to do so.

I also thought about recording Mr. Winkler saying what was written on the paper, but again, there wasn't really time to do so and given that Mile High Comics is in a warehouse and there were lots of people in line (talking, carrying on) not just to meet Henry Winkler but for Free Comic Book Day, I didn't think the audio on my phone would pick up his voice very good so I stuck with the still photo.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
YopeGyver
Posted: 4 May 2014 - 07:04 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:Passages, Nightmares

That is so totally COOL! That sign was such an awesome idea. Thank you and Mr. Winkler so much for doing that!

I'm glad you had a great time and got to meet him! smile.gif

"Our principles are the springs of our actions. Our actions, the springs of our happiness
or misery. Too much care, therefore, cannot be taken in forming our principles."
-Red Skelton

"You can't live in the past - there's a future to be had!"

Art

PMUsers Website                                                                     
Wheeljack
Posted: 4 May 2014 - 08:29 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Adventurer

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Gold Rush, Invisible Killer

Cool beams. I mean beans. tongue.gif

I've always thought Leonard Nimoy seems pretty cool to fans, too.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll