Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Deadly Dreams
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat

I've been on a bit of an 80's kick lately...

How about Flight of the Navigator? Anyone remember that movie from 1986? I Get Around by The Beach Boys is still one of my favorite songs!

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 14 July 2015 - 08:14 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Tinker/Pioneer

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Human Factor
Jacket:  Brown bomber

I have Flight of the Navigator in my collection. biggrin.gif

Very fun. Yes, Beach Boys are Beach Boys. All their songs are great. thumbsup.gif

"The bag's not for what I take, Colson - it's for what I find along the way."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 15 July 2015 - 10:35 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

Now I'm into The Terminator movies. Watching them all again before going to the fifth movie, Friday. Tonight it's the third movie I'm going to see. Reason I'm telling is this, because I'm looking up everything about the movies history. Like did you know that Terminator 2: Judgment Day was being made while most of season 6 of MacGyver was being aired. But if Pinky says that if his friend was still alive today, he would make Terminator 2 look like a low budget picture, I'd wanna see him take on the challenge because I have never seen a nuclear blast like that in any other movie than in James Cameron's T-2. With a runtime of 2,5 hours and actually not a full blown score to support the massive action it makes the movie feel a little lengthy. Though I don't mind lengthy films, it sure makes it a big chunk of a movie.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MiracleMac
Posted: 15 July 2015 - 12:07 PM                                    
Quote Post

RIP friend. We'll miss you.

SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Ugly Duckling
House:  Loft

In my opinion this film is best old movie with best special effects clapping.gif thumbup.gif

I just watched these both movies The Invisible Man (1933) and The Invisible Man Returns (1940).
Even those special effects are over 80 years old and they still are great looking.

In the past they used matte process to make things invisible in black and white film, but today we have chroma key blue or screen screen effect. Some scenes they used strings to move objects.

"Colorado river kayak race, you and me shooting the rapids"

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 16 July 2015 - 09:49 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Invisible Man was a classic! Loved it! thumbsup.gif

Here's one of my guilty pleasures. whistle.gif
user posted image

Released in 1994, the Shadow stars Alec Baldwin as the title character, who after living a life of darkness, repents by casting his own justice to criminals.

The movie suffered numerous issues such as its budget & mistakes in the script. It was a little confusing and campy. Over time however, it has become a favourite of mine.

Great soundtrack by Jerry Goldsmith! thumbsup.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 18 July 2015 - 12:26 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Terminator Genisys. The fifth movie in the franchise. Better than 3 & 4 combined and according to James Cameron the official third movie.

I gotta say there was great chemistry between the actors especially between Arnie en Emelia Clarke. I'll do anything for the Mother of Dragons. Now two GoT actresses got to play Sarah Connor. Also Jason Clarke and Jai Courtney were great additions. The action scenes were well crafted and all in all a very enjoyable movie.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 19 July 2015 - 11:09 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

I have yet to see the movie but have only heard bad things actually. Some feel that the franchise is dead. It has lost its mighty power after the 2nd movie.

Some have also enjoyed it but I am bothered by it's Back to the Future outlook especially using different actors but still using Arnie just to rev its motor. hmm.bmp

For me, a carefully plotted story with a great twist is what was needed. Perhaps using footage of the first 2 but bringing John Connor back to the past might have been an interesting twist.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 20 July 2015 - 05:40 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Yeah, I have to agree that after the second Terminator movie, they've been kinda... meh. lol

Aliens was kind of the same way. After Aliens, the franchise kinda went downhill. The first movie was terrifying... still is. Alien Isolation tried so hard to bring that back too. I sure hope this new Alien movie that's in the works is gonna be a good one. Of course, with Sigourney Weaver and Michael Biehn... how can it not be? lol

I just finished watching an old movie called Charlie the Lonesome Cougar... it's an old Disney movie about a bachelor that takes in a cougar cub. There were a few other ones I remember... Nikki: Wild Dog of the North and The Black Hole.

Of course... Tron. Heh heh heh

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
KiwiTek
Posted: 20 July 2015 - 08:14 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Episode:Runners

I watched Focus the other night.

Starring Will Smith as a con artist/pick pocket.

Great movie in line with Oceans 11. Some great unexpected plot twists and turns.

user posted image

MDDHosting - Professional Wed Hosting Solutions

PM                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 20 July 2015 - 08:37 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

I have a promotional copy of Focus that I have had in my possession for some time now and have yet to actually watch it. Mostly because every time I want to give it a go, I am like Meh! laugh.gif

But after your feedback, Kiwi, I think I'll go for it. biggrin.gif

Jedi, can't say I have seen the first 2 Disney movies. I do actually enjoy watching old \Disney movies. Some are quite good. The Black Hole. My goodness. That was an 80's science-fiction flick if I recall. Think I saw it ages ago but cannot remember it. Tron? What's that? biggrin.gif (Just kidding of course).

I decide to watch Tomorrowland on the weekend. Despite negative reviews and a slightly confusing start to the movie (Done solely to get your attention), I found it rather enjoyable. Britt & George worked great together.
user posted image

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
KiwiTek
Posted: 20 July 2015 - 08:55 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Episode:Runners

QUOTE (Barry Rowland @ 21 June 2015 - 12:50 AM)
This goes back a ways, but National Treasure was a fun one for me and the family.

yes! thumbsup.gif

MDDHosting - Professional Wed Hosting Solutions

PM                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 21 July 2015 - 04:54 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (denizen @ 20 July 2015 - 11:37 PM)
Jedi, can't say I have seen the first 2 Disney movies. I do actually enjoy watching old \Disney movies. Some are quite good. The Black Hole. My goodness. That was an 80's science-fiction flick if I recall. Think I saw it ages ago but cannot remember it. Tron? What's that? biggrin.gif (Just kidding of course).

The Black Hole was actually too intense for me as a kid, so my mother wouldn't let me watch it. She didn't like the implied heaven/hell scene later in the movie either. I did buy it on DVD some time ago, but I let a friend borrow it and it "disappeared".

Charlie and Nikki are really good movies, and as far as I know... pretty kid friendly. I believe Nikki might have been a rip off White Fang, but it's been a long time. My childhood in a nutshell. XD

I hear they're making a Tron 3. lol

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 21 July 2015 - 08:48 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

I don't remember anything from the Black Hole other than it was a sci-fi. But Disney did not do well with it.

I believe Tron 3 is going into production very soon. I also believe that The Last Starfighter is being rebooted. Or spun off. In a TV series called the Starfighter chronicles.

And now for the sad news. Apparently they are planning on rebooting the Goonies & Gremlins. boxing.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 22 July 2015 - 01:26 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Rebooting the Goonies should be a sacrilege. Stef was always my favorite character too. lol To this day I still say "I feel like I'm babysitting except I'm not getting paid". XD

Or my personal favorite... RABIES!!!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 22 July 2015 - 04:08 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

QUOTE (denizen @ 20 July 2015 - 08:09 AM)
I have yet to see the movie but have only heard bad things actually. Some feel that the franchise is dead. It has lost its mighty power after the 2nd movie.

Some have also enjoyed it but I am bothered by it's Back to the Future outlook especially using different actors but still using Arnie just to rev its motor. hmm.bmp

For me, a carefully plotted story with a great twist is what was needed. Perhaps using footage of the first 2 but bringing John Connor back to the past might have been an interesting twist.

Well it's not James Cameron that's for sure. Only he can outdo himself. Genisys was good in my opinion and I still had the feeling I was watching a Terminator movie but indeed it has influences of Back To The Future as they admitted. But if the time travel bothers you, I've got news for you. Back To The Future wasn't the first.

There are always going to be haters and critics. Go see it for yourself. I just went to see it because of Arnie and Emelia in her first big movie. I didn't know much about it. I didn't even knew the director which rarely happens but it appears he has worked on a lot of HBO series including The Soprano's and Game of Thrones.

Anyway, I had a great two hours with the movie and can't wait to see it again. Maybe I didn't had any expectations at all.

Just a little advice; when peoples are breaking down movies you should go see it, usually they're not so bad than.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 22 July 2015 - 08:51 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Absolutely. I will definitely make a plan to watch it soon.

I think they are referencing Back to the Future Part 2 where they go back to the first film.

Cameron is often compared to a God of making movies. But at the end of the day, he is as human as the next. He just came up with a great story and left the visuals to one side. As the movie progressed, he then decided to blow us away with the latest in visual effects. Somewhat teasing us but blowing us away. And of course with a story that we felt in our gut. The last time I felt that was in 1991.

My personal criticism is based on going to watch T3 and walking out disappointed. Then giving them the benefit of the doubt and watching T4 and again walking out disappointed. How many chances do they get before they actually do it right?

But as previously mentioned. I should watch it first before I give it the gun.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 22 July 2015 - 08:56 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

QUOTE (Jediferret @ 23 July 2015 - 09:26 AM)
Rebooting the Goonies should be a sacrilege. Stef was always my favorite character too. lol To this day I still say "I feel like I'm babysitting except I'm not getting paid". XD

Or my personal favorite... RABIES!!!

biggrin.gif Goonies is a classic. For our generation at least. It annoys me that the new generation don't bother coming up with their own stuff. Rehashing the past has become a common occurrence.

Sometimes its done right. Sometimes its done wrong.

At the end of the day, it is not without calling. Fans are the ones screaming for more. And that is what the studios are doing.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Joe SAKic
Posted: 31 July 2015 - 05:44 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman 85-91

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

3:10 to Yuma(2007) is a classic. Mac was right, there's something about a good western .... and, like Mac, best watched semi-tired and while lounging on a couch. Couple of foreign blokes in the lead roles, too. They excel!! Great interplay and eventual compassion between a cutthroat and a family man - settler. The soundtrack and associated sound effects are fantastic and so important in creating the ambiance of this film genre.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0381849/

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination.

Whether you think you can or you can't .... you're probably right!

"Nature often addressed our problems much better than the doctor." - Henry Miller

"So shut up, live, travel, adventure, bless and don't be sorry." - Jack Kerouac

"No one is remembered for being normal" -- Albert Einstein

PMEmail PosterUsers Website                                                                     
mrtape
Posted: 11 August 2015 - 07:31 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Red handled

Favorites
Episode:The flashback Western.

My list of great films is quite different than those posted here. Disney is continuing to pursue a Tron 3 film. A big time Tron thrill ride is the cornerstone of the Shanghai Disneyland which opens in 2016. The ride will be in Tomorrowland. I did not like the first two Tron films but apparently the world wide market will make a 3rd effort pay off.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 11 August 2015 - 09:09 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Welcome back!!! Would love to hear some of your greats mrtape. Mention a few.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MiracleMac
Posted: 13 August 2015 - 12:31 PM                                    
Quote Post

Favorites

Back To The Future II

I should watch this some day in this year because its based onto 2015.

Luckily I don't have to waste money to buy that, because we had that recorded into vhs...if I remember right hmm.bmp

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 13 August 2015 - 09:50 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

You've never seen BTTF2 ? ! ? surprise.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MiracleMac
Posted: 15 August 2015 - 09:11 AM                                    
Quote Post

Favorites

no.

I mean I haven't watched it in this year yet, I've seen it in the past of course laugh.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 15 August 2015 - 12:30 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Phew!!! roller.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Joe SAKic
Posted: 28 August 2015 - 05:37 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman 85-91

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

Doc Hollywood. It's a good-great flick. MJF is in his prime and only a year removed from the BTTF trilogy. Bridget Fonda & Julie Warner are hot, hot, hot, Woody is Woody, and it's just a fun hour & a half. Recommended!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doc_Hollywood

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination.

Whether you think you can or you can't .... you're probably right!

"Nature often addressed our problems much better than the doctor." - Henry Miller

"So shut up, live, travel, adventure, bless and don't be sorry." - Jack Kerouac

"No one is remembered for being normal" -- Albert Einstein

PMEmail PosterUsers Website                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 30 August 2015 - 09:26 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Doc Hollywood is definitely one of my favourite MJF movies. Loved it! thumbsup.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 26 September 2015 - 01:38 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Does anyone remember Earth Star Voyager? It was a two-part movie by Disney. It was used as a pilot for a show that never took off back in 1988. It's very hard to find because it was only aired once, and never released to VHS or DVD.

Well, someone uploaded the whole movie to YouTube. If you like 80's SciFi cheese, you're in for a treat! smile.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 28 September 2015 - 12:09 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

I vaguely remember Earth Star Voyager although I don't recall much of the movie.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 28 September 2015 - 04:24 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

I watched it yesterday... the whole thing. XD It brings back a lot of memories. For what it is, it's actually really good. It's got good humor, plus some dark spots... which, back then, was pretty edgy for Disney.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 28 September 2015 - 09:25 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Disney have made a lot of daring productions in the past. Not all bad. But when you see the word Disney with Danger, parents gasp in shock and disbelief. biggrin.gif

I heard that Tron 3 is no longer on.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (38) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll