DXS Agent

SAK owned: 5 x lge & small

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Widowmaker
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat

I have the complete Star Trek TNG on DVD and often watch it. For me that was the best series. Probably in order of enjoyment for me it goes.

ST - TNG
ST - Voyager
ST - TOS
ST - DS9
ST - Enterprise - which I never really got into despite being a real Scott Bakula fan (I have the entire Quantum Leap series on DVD too!). Enterprise is the only ST franchise that I've never seen every episode for.

In short I am a bit of ST addict!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Barry Rowland
Posted: 8 September 2016 - 04:54 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned: Swiss Champ

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:Twice Stung

Me too Maclover, and I've shared the love with my sons so the journey continues!

Barry

"The bag's not for what I take. It's for what I find along the way!"
"EXACTLY!"

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 17 September 2016 - 05:05 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

I have found the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles on YouTube and complete. Well actually I knew it for sometime now, I just got around to watch it. It has been years and years since I have seen them. I've seen The Curse of the Jackal and a segment in Tangiers. He was still like 9 years old so the action/adventure from the movies are nowhere to be found, but it does include a few good lessons and he meets historical peoples like Lawrence of Arabia and Howard Carter. One of them lessons is that Lawrence teaches him it's not about money and that the past belongs to be opened up so everyone can enjoy it. I sure am going to look further at this and maybe learn a few forgotten things about Indiana Jones when he's growing up and during his time in World War I in the Belgian army.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 20 September 2016 - 03:34 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Just finished episode 3. Despite it has Indiana Jones written all over it, I can't say it's that good. But I guess I have to bite through.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 26 September 2016 - 03:41 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Looks like Young Indiana Jones has picked up after all. Though it really starts when he joins Pancho Villa in Mexico and meets his Belgian friend Remy and they decide to go Europe and join the war. This is becoming more and more like the war romances I like so much. They just had a stop in Ireland and witnesses the revolution there and than goes to London to sign up and of course in both countries he falls in love with someone. Though in London it seems the most serious for the first time. He meets suffragettes there. This is a really nice aspect from what I've seen so far. Indiana Jones was suppose to be a very modern person. As a 9-year old he stopped Teddy Roosevelt from shooting and hurting animals. He learned about the religions in India and in the last one I've seen he seems very supportive of women's rights. In London (which starts with a familiar shot: the Big Ben and the steps where the chase in LTOA ended) Indy attends a meeting of the suffragettes there and of course falls in love with one right before London is attacked by a zeppelin. During the meeting a woman who is not used to talk to an audience is constantly interrupted by a male bystander. In the end Indy gets up and publicly silences the man as he is interested into what the woman has to say. I think those are really nice touches and they address a lot of subjects you never see anywhere else.

In the meantime on the Indy forums I've discovered a whole lot of unfilmed episodes. There is still a whole lot you can do with Indiana Jones and I hope sometime they pick it back up and I don't mean just the movies but a tv-series as well.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Connelly
Posted: 26 September 2016 - 04:20 AM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:
Jacket:  ---

Does anyone else watch Orphan Black? It's one of my absolute favourite shows of the last few years - the 5th and final season goes into production soon. The lead actress, Tatiana Maslany, just won a very deserved and overdue Emmy for it.

PM                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 26 September 2016 - 04:29 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Tinker/Pioneer

Favorites
Episode:The Human Factor

Hi Connelly,

I saw the pilot to Orphan Black. It was okay for me. But never went beyond that.

"The bag's not for what I take, Colson - it's for what I find along the way."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Connelly
Posted: 26 September 2016 - 05:00 AM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:
Jacket:  ---

Oh that's a shame - if you ever get the urge to give it another go, watch up to the 3rd (I think) episode and then decide if you like it or not - it kicks up a gear then and I was totally hooked from that episode on. It can get very dark at times but also has its funny moments. And Tatiana is just incredible of course.

PM                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 4 October 2016 - 11:14 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Watching Curb Your Enthusiasm now. Larry David sure is something else. But man, the guest stars that appear. I've seen at least four guest stars coming from MacGyver. General Chantara from The Road Not Taken plays a customer when Larry is working as a car salesman, Lancer from D.O.A. MacGyver plays Larry's psychiatrist with an interesting choice of swimwear, Chung from The Stringer plays a somewhat naughty doctor cutting deals with Larry to heal him from his pain and Melvin Krasney shows up as graveyard keeper who gets bribed by Larry to move his mother to another place on the cemetary. And of course Honest Abe plays Larry's father. Anyway, there's always something to laugh at.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 4 October 2016 - 08:48 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

If you enjoy Curb Your Enthusiasm, I recommend you watch Seinfeld. Larry co wrote all the episodes with Jerry Seinfeld so they are very similar in vane. Also, you will notice a few appearances from the cast.

Speaking of shows, two nights ago we saw...

Westworld. I recall the original movie from the 70's by Michael Crichton but this is a vast remake which pits the story in a much edgier world. The pilot was a little over the top IMO but i stuck with it to the end and i am happy i did. Mostly because it helped to establish the world we were about to enter. From here on, we are aware, as an audience what the visitors can expect. If you enjoy Game of Thrones, there might be something here for you.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 5 October 2016 - 01:12 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Looking forward to both. biggrin.gif

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 6 October 2016 - 08:17 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

user posted image

I finally got around to watching the final episode of The Night Of, last night.

This show is actually based on the BBC series "Criminal Justice,"

The Night Of stars John Turturro and Riz Ahmed in a story about a murder case with cultural and political overtones. A night that begins innocently for Pakistani-American college student Nasir "Naz" Khan turns horrific after he meets a mysterious young woman. In custody and awaiting his formal arraignment, Naz realizes that his survival -- or perhaps his demise -- rests not with his attorney, John Stone, but with a particular inmate at Rikers Island. This was a rare treat of top directing, acting and emotions running high. It is also a question of whether our justice system is in the right place or not.

5 very deserving stars from me!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 19 October 2016 - 08:51 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Recently saw an episode of Star Trek Next Gen Season 2 episode 4 titled, "The Outrageous Okona" which surprisingly featured guest stars Teri Hatcher & Bill Campbell! (Rocketeer / The 4400).

It was quite a surprise as i never expected to see Teri in Star Trek! biggrin.gif

user posted image

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 20 October 2016 - 12:13 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

That's what I like about tv-shows or movies for that matter. That while you're watching, you suddenly get to see an actor or actress you didn't expect at all and you would just go like: 'Huh?' It's amazing sometimes who you might bump into while watching something before the actor or actress got launched into stardom.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 22 October 2016 - 03:34 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Anyone seen Zoo? Animals around the world are beginning to attack humans apparently out of nowhere. Seems like an interesting concept for a MacGyver episode.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 22 October 2016 - 09:59 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Saw the pilot when it came out but disliked it. Takes place in the US (Africa's phenomenon takes place in a small lodge) it didn't feel very real to me

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 23 October 2016 - 01:29 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Seen the first two episodes now. Despite I only know that black actor and the bad guy from the first fast and furious movie, there's no one in it that I know. I'm not sure yet, I'm still going to give it a chance. They air four episodes per week on Friday night. I guess it's easy to go through. I don't know what I expect yet. I hope it doesn't end too mediocre. I really like the idea of the animals taking over the world. That it didn't happen before.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 24 October 2016 - 02:13 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

I just caught up with everything on Zoo. It's pretty decent actually. You should give it a chance, Denizen. It's maybe not spectacular great but it's better than most things. And it focuses more than you think. US was L.A. Africa were tourist camps and the areas in between, not just the small lodge. Meanwhile there has been a lot of new locations all over the globe where people were being attacked by animals. Dogs in Slovenia, rats in Boston, bears in Paris, bats in Antarctica, Japan and Brazil. Special effects are not bad either. If it's CGI at all, don't know in which length they're using actual animals. The bats I think are not real considering the things they are doing. It's not that bad actually.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 24 October 2016 - 08:02 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Getting the time to add on new viewing is rather tough especially at the moment however i will try to give it another go. Thanks, MacGyverGod.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 28 October 2016 - 06:04 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Last night we finally decided to give the new Lethal WeaponTV series a try.
user posted image

Was pleasantly surprised to see that McG produced and directed it.

Have to say, was very impressed! It had it all. And had many references to the original movies. Now if only McG rebooted MacGyver! hmm.bmp

Give it a go!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 28 October 2016 - 07:52 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

I don't know. To me this is also messing with perfection as far I know. And I wasn't exactly convinced either. Maybe I would give it a shot though.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 6 November 2016 - 02:44 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Dusted off my North and South collection. It has been several years since I've seen it last time. Many familiar and younger faces. Young Patrick Swayze and Forest Whitaker for starters and later Lloyd Bridges will join the cast as the President Jefferson Davies during the Civil War. Also a whole lot of other faces like Luther from Final Approach who plays Priam and the motel clerk from Three For The Road who plays Salem Jones the overseer. And let's most definitely not forget John Anderson who plays William Hazard in one episode. Though only in three scenes but major scenes with lots of lines. And also Jonathan Frakes is worth mentioning, if you ever want to see him beardless, this is the one thing you should watch. And there are many others: Jean Simmons, Elizabeth Taylor, Morgan Fairchild, Mitchell Ryan and David Carradine who in my opinion should receive an Emmy for playing Justin LaMotte. He just owns every scene he's in.

This is definitely a golden oldy.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 6 November 2016 - 08:29 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

North and South? Wow! Haven't seen that in like...30 years? I remember it was quite good.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 7 November 2016 - 03:30 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Actually one of the best. A real classic.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Maclover
Posted: 7 November 2016 - 05:25 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: 5 x lge & small

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Widowmaker

I remember being quite captivated by North and South and watched every episode when it was on. Handsome actors, extravagantly costumed ladies a solid story line, and Jonathon Frakes beardless! What was there not to like LOL From time to time I've caught the odd episode being re-run and would like the time to see them all again. I also read all the series of books as a result of seeing the series and there was a considerable amount of licence taken in the TV series. For example, Orry Maine doesn't lose an entire limb in the TV series - mind you it would have required some clever shooting to have effectively removed a limb from Patrick Swayze I guess! However, I still enjoyed the TV series. It was a bit of an epic. A bit like I recall The Thorn Birds being - that was another one I'd like the time to see again (Richard Chamberlain was always so good looking in whatever he was in

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 7 November 2016 - 06:47 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

I think it was John Jakes himself who explained on the dvd featurette that Hollywood wasn't much in favor of having a mutilated hero. So the amputated arm became an injured leg. I don't think it would have been that hard however to remove a limb for shooting it. As a matter of fact in the field hospital after the Mexican war scene, you can an extra passing the screen with a removed arm. Depending if the stump would be shown a lot or not all Swayze would've had to do was to keep his arm under his clothing and pin up the sleeve.

I only read the first book and a small bit of the second one. There was a lot of switching from the book and the tv-series as well. Orry and Madeline meet after Orry comes home from West Point instead of when he's going and George and Constance meet before George goes to the Mexican war. There's also been some weight shifts between Bent and Salem Jones. I have to picture Bent as obese and Salem Jones as skinny. While Cooper has always been an important character in the books but only appears in the last part of the tv-series.

Maybe interesting in case you didn't know but James Read (George Hazard) & Wendy Kilbourne (Constance) as well as Jonathan Frakes (Stanley Hazard) and Genie Francis (Brett Main) are married in real life to this day.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 8 November 2016 - 08:35 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Jiust finished watching the 3 part miniseries Harley and the Davidsons which tells the origins of motorcycle manufacturer Harley-Davidson, and how Arthur Davidson founded the company together with his brothers Walter Davidson, Sr. and William A. Davidson, along with their childhood friend William S. Harley.

user posted image

I was completely engrossed in this series and couldn't wait to see the next episode. Historically, its a real treat and very well played by its incredible cast.

I give it 5 stars. Its just awesome!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 10 November 2016 - 04:09 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

North and South is going great and I just had again a few surprises. Since it had been several years, no wonder I never noticed but in the third episode of book II, Robert Englund has a scene with Parker Stevenson. Englund plays a Rebel capturing Billy Hazard by surprise at his campfire. Another surprise was that the cook from Last Stand played a slave. He was the father of a boy that got killed by Salem Jones and later greets Patrick Swayze when passing through after they got released as slaves.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 13 November 2016 - 05:28 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Now I'm about the finish the final episode. I really think it's a shame Heaven & Hell wasn't as good as the first two seasons. Maybe they had less budget or something, I don't know. With only 3 90 minute episodes instead of 6. Or maybe there was a reason why it took 8 years after the finale of book II to have it made for television. Well the book wasn't finished yet at the time, I think it was released in 1987. But still it took so long, it could've be done in 1988 or 1989. Though of course many actors return: James Read, Philippe Casnoff, Genie Francis (cameo only unfortunately), Terri Garber, Lesley-Anne Down (Madeline sure has had her share of misery), Jonathan Frakes and Wendy Kilbourne. A few new faces like Tom Noonan and Kyle Chandler to replace Lewis Smith in the role of Charlie. Also Isabel Truscott has been recast with Deborah Rush. Also the beautiful Rya Khilstedt joins the cast in the role of Willa Parker. Penny Parker's great-grandmother, perhaps? Willa also is an actress and becomes romantic with Charlie. And let's not forget Peter O' Toole who plays Sam the owner of the acting company where Willa works. And Robert Wagner who plays Cooper Main, the absent brother in the previous two seasons but have been present in all three books.

I really think it must've been the budget. Perhaps they couldn't afford Swayze anymore, maybe that's why they used a double in his fate-scene. Even though it was done pretty lame. Just like George says: he survived everything, the wars, the wounds just so a man can knife him down. The Orry Main we see in the first two seasons would never die like that. The action sequences compared with the battles and fist fights in the first two seasons are written and shot very poorly. Most of the action takes place with Charlie but for some reason he's always knocked-out cold, either at the beginning of the scene or when things finally get going. What's the point in having your lead character knocked out during a action sequence so he misses everything? Not once but twice.

Anyhow where North and South book I and II were classics on tv, book III is actually a disaster.

Just one more thing. Michael Dudikoff (American Ninja) also plays a little part in Book II. I remember seeing American Ninja 1&2 in another grey past and I've looked them up on YouTube. Apparently another five film franchise. While checking out the trailers, I found this one.

Though this one this not star Michael Dudikoff but stars... see for yourself.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
ArildElvis
Posted: 16 November 2016 - 03:12 PM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Episode:Nightmares

Here is just a few I can recommend.

Chuck
Jericho ( Something along the lines to The Walking Dead, just without the Zombies)
Friends
How I met your mother
Westworld
Stranger Things
Sense 8 ( Netflix Original)
The Walking Dead

Probably more, but this is what I can think of right now.

That would sound a lot more reassuring if you weren't holding a human skull.

Only a fool is sure of anything, a wise man keeps on guessing

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (10) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll