DXS Agent

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Widowmaker
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat

QUOTE (MacBeth @ 31 August 2008 - 05:44 AM)
“Are you the MacBeth who does the stories?”

Uh, yeah, I stammered, I’d written two MacGyver stories.

She said she was a journalist – her name was Trix, a columnist from the Netherlands – and she’d like to talk to me about writing – could we find time during the weekend?

“Are you sure I’m the MacBeth you’re looking for?”

“You wrote ‘Up a Long Ladder’, didn’t you?”

Brain short-circuits. “Um, yeah, that’s me.” blink.gif

OMG, Beth, I'd die. I had a similar experience, but just with another fan, over one of my SG stories (A Long Road Home) and I was floating for days, but this is so much cooler. All the way around the world! Excellent!

"Now, come on, Pete! Look at me! I'm a hurtin' guy! I'm beat up! I need a month's worth of sleep! And I need a haircut!" MacGyver, 'Serenity'

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Tal
Posted: 30 August 2008 - 06:33 PM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

*waves* I'm new here too and would also like to say thanks for the con reports. I hope some day it's me giving a report of seeing Rick in person smile.gif *dreams*

MacBeth
Posted: 30 August 2008 - 07:12 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Swiss Memory

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode: must I choose?
Vehicle: Motorcycle
Jacket:  Black leather

QUOTE (Tal)
I hope some day it's me giving a report of seeing Rick in person smile.gif *dreams*

That would be great, Tal -- make it happen! It's only a year till the next Gatecon, after all!

[No wilderness] is so dangerous as a city home "with all the modern improvements".
One should go to the woods for safety, if for nothing else.
-- John Muir
---
LOLMac daily:
lolmac.livejournal.com
icanhastofu.tumblr.com

Writing & personal blog:
BethInExile

PMEmail PosterUsers Website                                                                     
Tal
Posted: 30 August 2008 - 07:16 PM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

Well, I imagine it could be difficult getting RDA to come on out to Australia - but if I had any say in the matter I would surely convince him it would be loads of fun down here smile.gif

MacBeth
Posted: 30 August 2008 - 07:20 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (wabbit)
OMG, Beth, I'd die.  I had a similar experience, but just with another fan, over one of my SG stories

I think I did, and then instantaneously self-resurrected from sheer bogglement.

I had, in fact, met a fellow fan at the Meet & Greet Thursday evening; she recognised me from my having put "[Mac]Beth" on the back of my badge (which obligingly kept flipping over anyway, so that name was usually the visible one). She said truly ego-inflating things about my writing, so I had already been floating!

[No wilderness] is so dangerous as a city home "with all the modern improvements".
-- John Muir
---
LOLMac daily:
lolmac.livejournal.com
icanhastofu.tumblr.com

Writing & personal blog:
BethInExile

MacBeth
Posted: 30 August 2008 - 07:24 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (Tal)
Well, I imagine it could be difficult getting RDA to come on out to Australia

I understand you've got good diving in that corner of the world; it might not be so hard. And they've held Gatecon in Canada and in the UK -- maybe they'll hold it in Australia some year!

-- John Muir
---
LOLMac daily:
lolmac.livejournal.com
icanhastofu.tumblr.com

Writing & personal blog:
BethInExile

Tal
Posted: 30 August 2008 - 07:31 PM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

Good diving and all other manner of outdoorish type activities I'm sure he would love - does anyone know if he's ever visited Australia before? I'm sure he must have....?

MacBeth
Posted: 30 August 2008 - 07:33 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

I don't know specifically, but I wouldn't be surprised.

-- John Muir
---
LOLMac daily:
lolmac.livejournal.com
icanhastofu.tumblr.com

Writing & personal blog:
BethInExile

MacGyverGrrl
Posted: 30 August 2008 - 08:46 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned: Explorer

Favorites
Season: season 6
Episode:Humanity
Jacket:  Brown bomber

I know he's dived some of the tropical islands in the area, I remember reading about it somewhere and he mnetioned that he had been planning a dive to Truk Lagoon when he had the heart problem.

Any hard core diver has the Great Barrier Reef on their short list of 'must do' dives. Jade is planning his about 4 years from now...

On the interview front, it is very cool that Beth and Loth were recognized for their work. I attended the writer's workshop as well and had an absolute blast. I learned a lot and am encouraged to keep going with my writing. I will actually finish a story and post the darn thing before the end of the year. I will be having a lot of down time coming soon and writing will be my connection to the world and my reason for getting up every day.

I'm having the reconstruction surgery on my knee on October 16 and I expect to be off work for a bare minimumk of 2 weeks but it could turn into 6 weeks or longer depending on my physical therapy schedule. So far, work has been great about it and re-arranging my schedule so I will finish all my critical courses before I go out.

I keep having Con flashes--little memories popping up at unexpected times. Jade was watching the first 4 MacGyver episodes yesterday and we talked about some of the show and the Con.

One memory: Rick talking about one of his favorite stunts on MacGyver. The one in the opening gambit where they airlifted the horse off the beach. The show won an award for that one and Rick was speaking about how he wanted to do the whole thing but the producers vetoed that and made him stop after he attached the helicopter hook to the horse. The stuntman took over from there, but Rick said he would have liked to have done the entire thing.

And open invite to Con attendees: if you ever make it to Utah, Jade and I will be happy to play tourguide and take you to Dead Horse Park where the opening gambit of the pilot was filmed. We can also take you into the back country and show you the other side of the park. biggrin.gif

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Albert Einstein

The stuff is already here, I just find a different way to use it. MacGyver

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGrrl
Posted: 30 August 2008 - 08:46 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

Favorites

Make that an open invite to MOL members biggrin.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacBeth
Posted: 30 August 2008 - 08:57 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

You're on, Grrl! It was incredibly wonderful getting to meet you -- and Lothi and Jade and Astra and banlu and Paya and ...........

Best of luck with the surgery! You'll be kicking ass again with both legs in no time at all.

-- John Muir
---
LOLMac daily:
lolmac.livejournal.com
icanhastofu.tumblr.com

Writing & personal blog:
BethInExile

MacGyverOnline
Posted: 30 August 2008 - 09:21 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

QUOTE (MacGyverGrrl @ 31 August 2008 - 04:46 PM)
And open invite to Con attendees: if you ever make it to Utah, Jade and I will be happy to play tourguide and take you to Dead Horse Park where the opening gambit of the pilot was filmed. We can also take you into the back country and show you the other side of the park. biggrin.gif

Oh that reminds me.

There was talk about a locations tour of Vancouver. Did that happen?

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Lothithil
Posted: 30 August 2008 - 09:22 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Camper&Swissbit

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity

Don't think I won't take you up on that offer, Grrl... I absolutely want to come to your neck of the woods sometime! biggrin.gif

Everyone, sometimes, needs a camel.

Old troubleshooters never die...
They just wait til the last moment and then rescue themselves!

PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo                                                                     
MacBeth
Posted: 30 August 2008 - 09:47 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (Rocky)
There was talk about a locations tour of Vancouver. Did that happen?

There was a formal bus tour on Thursday of assorted locations, but Loth and Grrl and I did not go on it; Loth and I had our volunteer shifts that morning, and we had decided to do our own informal tour instead, especially since most of the locations were Stargate-related instead of MacGyver.

On the way up to Vancouver on Wednesday, we detoured through the Mountain Loop Highway for a good look at 'MacGyver country'; after we had crossed into BC, I was also pointing out the general terrain from "The Visitor", "Blind Faith" and "The Negotiator".

On Thursday afternoon, we went out to Gastown and drove past the steam clock, and then drove around Stanley Park spotting possible locations from a variety of episodes -- "Easy Target", "The Survivors", and "The Ten-Percent Solution" for starters.

We didn't get out to Bridge Studios or to the Phoenix building, but when we looked out of our hotel window, we were right across the street from two very impressive churches, which might have been used in "Holy Rose", "The Madonna", and "There But for the Grace". Loth took pictures of both from several angles; she's posted one already.

On Monday, before we headed south, we went out to Burnaby Mountain Park, driving through a section of Vancouver's Chinatown, and spotted more familiar vistas.

-- John Muir
---
LOLMac daily:
lolmac.livejournal.com
icanhastofu.tumblr.com

Writing & personal blog:
BethInExile

Astra
Posted: 30 August 2008 - 10:13 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Ambassador

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (MacBeth @ 31 August 2008 - 07:47 AM)
, and then drove around Stanley Park spotting possible locations from a variety of episodes -- "Easy Target", "The Survivors", and "The Ten-Percent Solution" for starters.

Where and what exactly? Am glad for any help, we haven't seen much of Stanley Park yet.

But I can happily report that I walked over the suspension bridge where MacGyver has dangled from ohmy.gif I have lots of pictures but need to upload them when I am at home finally.

And today we visited the house of the Lacey sisters. Unfortunately the museum only is open till 5 PM, so we could not get into, but we walked around and Paya played Mac and sat on the stairs as if her leg hurt biggrin.gif I also tried to find the trees where this old man was killed, but they seemed pretty far away for a hanging coat or whatever the right English term is.

Tomorrow we will go up Grouse Mountain in the skyride, which Mac also dangled from, you know, the episode that is supposed to be Switzerland, the name eludes me right now.

Oh, and today we also were in Stevenston, one wharf building there was used in "Back from the dead". If anybody wants to know where all these locations are, Kate's page is a big help!

Funny pics with Stargate actionfigures at http://dieastra.livejournal.com/

PMEmail PosterICQ                                                                     
MacBeth
Posted: 30 August 2008 - 10:14 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (Astra)
Tomorrow we will go up Grouse Mountain in the skyride, which Mac also dangled from, you know, the episode that is supposed to be Switzerland, the name eludes me right now.

"Cease Fire".

-- John Muir
---
LOLMac daily:
lolmac.livejournal.com
icanhastofu.tumblr.com

Writing & personal blog:
BethInExile

Astra
Posted: 30 August 2008 - 10:18 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Ambassador

Favorites
Episode:

The candidate has five points biggrin.gif

Funny pics with Stargate actionfigures at http://dieastra.livejournal.com/

PMEmail PosterICQ                                                                     
MacGyverGrrl
Posted: 30 August 2008 - 10:31 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

Favorites

We did take some pictures of us in front of the Gastown clock. The view from the top of Burnaby mountain was spectacular. I have some good photos from there and the weather cooperated, sunny and nice. The only downside was that when we were leaving, a young man crashed his truck into a tree. He wasn't hurt, buthe was shaken up a bit. We stopped and offered help, but he had someone coming and he had a couple of friends that stopped by, so we left. Nice kid. He wrecked his truck because he swerved to avoid running over a squirrel.

I have some very nice photos from the mountain loop detour as well.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 31 August 2008 - 12:50 AM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

If anybody wants to know where all these locations are, Kate's page is a big help!

mad.gif

Filming locations

Every location is mapped. Just click the link to see exactly where they are.

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Macs Lab Rat
Posted: 31 August 2008 - 06:49 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Episode:Jack in the Box (...possibly!)

surprise.gif Hey! This is all so very cool! I’m so glad you all had such a great time. biggrin.gif

I know I've not been around much but I have managed to pop in to read this thread and loved hearing all your reports on gatecon and your adventures. happy_dance.gif You guys have done a great job with the reports and remembering all the information. Thank you! happy_dance.gif

I’d like to do a tour of MacGyver locations one day. In your tour of filming locations do the locations still look familiar after so many years or do you need a moment to squint a bit and try figure out what’s what?

Loth and Beth – that’s exciting news about your interviews on fanfiction. I'm glad you have been recognised in such a way. I’ve enjoyed your stories more than some of the ones I’ve paid for and you guys do it for the pleasure and don't get a pay cheque.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacBeth
Posted: 31 August 2008 - 10:42 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Great to see you, Ratty! We've missed you!

QUOTE (Ratty)
In your tour of filming locations do the locations still look familiar after so many years or do you need a moment to squint a bit and try figure out what’s what? 

For me, a lot of the appeal of doing our own informal tour started with the sense of familiarity. I was last in Vancouver three years ago, and when I started watching the MacGyver episodes again last year, I kept doing double-takes because I recognised so many places -- if not specifically, then generally.

In fact, I really approached the whole thing backwards. I'd had so much to do getting ready for Gatecon that I never did get back to the website for a list of addresses and locations; when we had free time, we just got into my car and I drove down to Gastown and then out to Stanley Park to look for familiar sights. We drove past one marina that was not Coal Harbor, but looked familiar enough in situ to draw delighted smiles and laughter. The trip into the mountains was similar -- we weren't at actual filming locations, but the country looked right. Great Big Honkin' Trees. biggrin.gif

I’ve enjoyed your stories more than some of the ones I’ve paid for and you guys do it for the pleasure and don't get a pay cheque.
blush.gif
If there were a market for MacGyver novels, I'd be tempted -- till then, I'm in it for the sheer fun. I'm still pretty boggled over the fact that I'm writing at all, after decades of thinking I would never be able to.

-- John Muir
---
LOLMac daily:
lolmac.livejournal.com
icanhastofu.tumblr.com

Writing & personal blog:
BethInExile

Lothithil
Posted: 31 August 2008 - 11:33 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Gratuitous Rick-pic!! biggrin.gif

user posted image

This is from Sunday's MacGyver panel.

jackwabbit
Posted: 31 August 2008 - 02:19 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

Favorites

He's been hanging out with Shanks too much!

(I've never seen someone touch their head as much as Michael Shanks, I swear!)

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

To be fair, these pics are from the second time I saw him, and it wasn't nearly so bad as the first time. The first time I saw him, I think he was nervous/new to cons and his hand kept reaching up to play with his hair, fiddle with his ear, etc...so much so that to this day we remark on it, though it was years ago. Poor guy.

p.s.-speaking of other SG stars, I hear Paul McGillion showed up briefly. *dies* Anybody get any Pauley pics? You know hows I loves my Pauley. (It was Friday night, I think? Or was it Thursday? I forget...just heard that rumor.)

"Now, come on, Pete! Look at me! I'm a hurtin' guy! I'm beat up! I need a month's worth of sleep! And I need a haircut!" MacGyver, 'Serenity'

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Lothithil
Posted: 31 August 2008 - 04:57 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

I think it was Saturday that Starhole was on... Paul McGillion popped during the middle of Gary and Dean's show.

The crowd went wild! I know I did! biggrin.gif

user posted image

I wish I had better shots... but he really caught me by surprise!

jackwabbit
Posted: 31 August 2008 - 05:44 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

Favorites

Thursday, Friday, Saturday...whatever.

Ah, Pauley.

Sigh...

(For any of you who don't know, Paul McGillion is my biggest, bestest, one true love-ish star fave. Simply because he's been the nicest to me in person when I had the chance to meet him and because he went out of his way to brighten some fan days at the infamous Fed Non Con in Dallas this summer, and...ok, I'll stop there.)

Love. Him.

Thanks, Lothi!

Any Paul pic is good in my book!

user posted image

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGrrl
Posted: 31 August 2008 - 08:32 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

Favorites

p.s.-speaking of other SG stars, I hear Paul McGillion showed up briefly. *dies* Anybody get any Pauley pics? You know hows I loves my Pauley. (It was Friday night, I think? Or was it Thursday? I forget...just heard that rumor.)

it was Saturday night. I got a chance to say hi and he was really sweet. I think I might just become your new best friend. I have a pic of me with him in the bar at the hotel Saturday night. And I will post the damn thing when I can get my computer and my brain to cooperate.

That pic is definitely one of my favorites from the weekend. biggrin.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacsChick
Posted: 31 August 2008 - 10:22 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:Passages

What, are you telling me you've gone sour on RDA already and replaced him with the new guy? (Just kidding!) wink.gif

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

--Henry David Thoreau

brains+brawn+beauty+personality=MacGyver

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacBeth
Posted: 1 September 2008 - 12:01 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Replacements? Who said anything about replacing?

They've added Paul McGillion to their harems -- I've added Alex Zahara. wub.gif

RDA didn't exactly fidget during his panels, but he was rarely still for more than a few moments, especially not when he was talking. He gestures and gesticulates constantly and emphatically. (And beautifully.) When other guests were on stage with him and talking, he did stay more or less still, focusing on them; the one exception being right after he'd talked about Don Davis. That was probably the stillest I ever saw him, and certainly the only time he didn't focus on the fellow guest.

It might have been caffeine, of course: they were providing him with Red Bull to drink, and he said that caffeine is his only remaining vice. He also attempted to interview the Red Bull on the table at one point -- his backstage support had popped in and set one beside him, and he held the mike to it. It didn't have anything to say, though.

-- John Muir
---
LOLMac daily:
lolmac.livejournal.com
icanhastofu.tumblr.com

Writing & personal blog:
BethInExile

MacBeth
Posted: 1 September 2008 - 12:14 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (Beth @ 30 August 2008)
And she was indeed expecting to interview RDA later that week.

I've heard from Trix directly, and I need to post a correction: although she's hoping to interview RDA at some point, she did not and does not have an interview arranged or scheduled. I misunderstood her at the time. (I did say that I was very giddy, although that's not a real excuse for misrepresentation.)

I've also told her that we'd really love to have the chance to see her articles when they are written!

-- John Muir
---
LOLMac daily:
lolmac.livejournal.com
icanhastofu.tumblr.com

Writing & personal blog:
BethInExile

MacGyverGrrl
Posted: 1 September 2008 - 10:30 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

Favorites

What, are you telling me you've gone sour on RDA already and replaced him with the new guy?

As if.

Replacements? Who said anything about replacing?

They've added Paul McGillion to their harems -- I've added Alex Zahara.

Yeah. And Dean Aylesworth, and Colin Cunningham and Corwin Sanford and Dan Payne and .... biggrin.gif

Every single one of these guys was so nice and gracious. And Dean is a blast to be around. Jade and I met him in the bar Saturday night and he was cracking us up. He started doing impressions of Arnold Swartzennager (I know I spelled it wrong) that had us in tears it was so funny. He also said he was working on a project for the Sundance Film Festival. Since I only live about 80 miles from Park City, I'm going to keep an eye out for it and maybe go if I can swing it.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (5) 1 2 [3] 4 5  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll