Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

In the scene where it shows that car has no brakes, you can see the engine and details exposed, the car is supposed to be russian but the text on components is english and in latin letters - not cyrilic, and you can clearly read "Brake Fluid" on the brake fluid tank cap.

when Mac climbs the car and camera changes to other side of the turn, the police car blue light on roof disappears.

When MacGyver, Peter Thorton and Victoria Tomanova are at the science conference, watch the scene when Reverend Mather says "Ladies and gentlemen, may I have your attention please", and we see a wide shot of the 3: MacGyver and Victoria have their hands down below waist level and they are not touching. The very next scene is a closer shot, but now they both have their hands above waist level and MacGyver is holding Victoria's hand.

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 21 March 2007 - 01:20 AM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

When MacGyver is making the "defibrillator" he cuts the cable off the microphone to use the power supply... microphones don't have electricity running through them.

And heres an interesting little slip...

MacGyver turns down Pete's request because he's "In the middle of moving in" to what Pete calls "a sea side shack"....

But the next time we see MacGyver's house, he's living in the loft above the dry cleaners... what happened to the sea-side shack?

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Old Fan
Posted: 21 March 2007 - 04:23 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Faith, Hope & Charity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat

Slowly but surely... it just took 2 more years to get there...

rolleyes.gif jeep.gif

That which has been established will endure even with time and at a distance.

I can't tell you anything about what happens after the cameras go off, mostly because I'm usually unconscious by then.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Devon636
Posted: 21 March 2007 - 04:32 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Thief of Budapest

roller.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Macs Lab Rat
Posted: 15 October 2007 - 10:24 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:Jack in the Box (...possibly!)

I didn’t notice this until it was pointed out to me. I thought it was on here that I read this but I can’t find it. unsure.gif

When MacGyver is taking the egg roll from the dish in the hospital we see his arm in a cast peeking out from under his jacket that is slung over his arm. In the previous and next scenes the cast is not there.

Must be an RDA injury that they are filming around, perhaps the same injury that he has in Every Time She Smiles and To Be a Man.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacBeth
Posted: 15 October 2007 - 11:45 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Swiss Memory

Favorites
Episode: must I choose?
Vehicle: Motorcycle
Jacket:  Black leather

QUOTE (Macs Lab Rat @ 15 October 2007 - 11:59 AM)
When MacGyver is taking the egg roll from the dish in the hospital we see his arm in a cast peeking out from under his jacket that is slung over his arm. In the previous and next scenes the cast is not there.

Must be an RDA injury that they are filming around, perhaps the same injury that he has in Every Time She Smiles and To Be a Man.

We were discussing the details of the broken hand not long ago in the "Best Mac Whump" thread here.

The 'egg roll' scene must have been a pick-up scene -- filmed after the rest of the episode (or at least RDA's scenes) had already been shot.

[No wilderness] is so dangerous as a city home "with all the modern improvements".
One should go to the woods for safety, if for nothing else.
-- John Muir
---
LOLMac daily:
lolmac.livejournal.com
icanhastofu.tumblr.com

Writing & personal blog:
BethInExile

PMEmail PosterUsers Website                                                                     
trtlsoup
Posted: 27 October 2007 - 04:44 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned: Super Tinker

Favorites
Episode: Widowmaker
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Leather Biker

QUOTE (Rockatteer @ 21 March 2007 - 05:20 AM)
But the next time we see MacGyver's house, he's living in the loft above the dry cleaners... what happened to the sea-side shack?

But isn't the apartment over the cleaners in Venice Beach? (that could be referred to as a sea/beach-side shack) Or did he have another place?

"My Jeep went over a cliff, I died... and went to Thanksgiving?"

PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 27 October 2007 - 05:55 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

No.

In one of the episodes he actually makes a comment along the lines of "the ocean is a mile away in that direction"

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
trtlsoup
Posted: 27 October 2007 - 07:13 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned: Super Tinker

Favorites
Episode: Widowmaker
Vehicle: Nomad

I meant Venice Beach, the town. Here in some parts of the US, beachside refers the beach and surrounding areas. And Venice Beach is little town that caters to the not-so-rich folks, eclectic artists, beach bums, surfers, and vacationers (...and muscle-bound now-California governers.) And the houses are literally shacks (that started at $1,500.00 - $25,000.00 a month minimum) blink.gif I was looking there for a place to live back then. Way too pricey for my piddly paycheck back then. That's how we ended up in (scummy) North Hollywood.

But I think I was referring to the old place anyway, the one he was moving out of in the beginning of the episode... that was the Venice Beach apartment. I guess I under the impression that he moved from there to the houseboat. Oy... my memory! happy.gif

Anyway, what I was wondering, in the opening scene when he's talking with the hunter, how could they not notice the convoy, soldiers, and the two barking Doberman's? Especially when they had a very alert hound dog beside them...

Just picking apart the episode again... smile.gif

"My Jeep went over a cliff, I died... and went to Thanksgiving?"

PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo                                                                     
Posted: 17 April 2008 - 01:04 AM                                    
Quote Post

SAK owned: Boy Scout

Favorites
Episode:Target Macgyver
House:  Observatory

Everyone is arguing small differences in the car like it has english and the blue light moves.

What about the obvious fact that when the brake line is shot, it sprays red fluid.
When the guy pulls the emergency brake, he complains on how it won't work, they're out of fluid.
Mac fixes it by rerouting the power steering line, and refilling the brake fluid reservoir with power steering fluid (clear).

-First of all, brake fluid is clear, not red, and power steering fluid is red, not clear.
-Second, most modern cars have a dual port master cylinder on their brakes, so even if yes, a line is ruptured, then the rear or front brakes will still work.
-Thirdly, emergency brakes are cable driven, not fluid driven. That way, in the case of an emergency, and your brake line has been cut, and your second cylinder on your brakes doesn't work, then you use a mechanical, cable braking system that operates on the rear brakes only, ie- an emergency brake.
-Also, even automatic cars can be manually down shifted to slow down a car going down hill.

Any comments on this one?

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 17 April 2008 - 01:20 AM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

Welcome aboard Badaxel. Glad to have another Mac fan with us. biggrin.gif

You make some good points.

QUOTE (Badaxel)
most modern cars have a dual port master cylinder on their brakes, so even if yes, a line is ruptured, then the rear or front brakes will still work.

Would early 1980 East German cars fit that category?

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Posted: 19 December 2008 - 01:26 PM                                    
Quote Post

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

QUOTE (Rockatteer @ 21 March 2007 - 09:20 PM)
When MacGyver is making the "defibrillator" he cuts the cable off the microphone to use the power supply... microphones don't have electricity running through them.

Yes they might have!
Not more than 48V so I guess it wont be much to defibrillator, but still.
Check out
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantom_power

I just love wikipedia!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 19 December 2008 - 01:48 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

yeah 48 volts isn't enough to probably even feel let alone defibrillate with.

He would have been better off plugging those cables into a power outlet laugh.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
nojj
Posted: 2 January 2009 - 03:48 PM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

Phantom power is (usually but not always) 48V , very little amperage,
just enough to drive microphones that require batteries, or Phantom to run.

The mic that he cut was (I think) a run of the mill Shure SM58, no phantom required.
(Durn, now I'm gonna have to watch it again and look)

Phantom is usually reserved for condenser , and high-end studio mics.

PMEmail PosterUsers Website                                                                     
Posted: 17 April 2009 - 06:05 AM                                    
Quote Post

SAK owned: less tools

Favorites
Episode:hmm...?
House:  Second Loft

Hi guys, this is my first post. :]

1) Starting from your mic discussion, I think 48 V could be much enough to give the hit to the patient. When you would put a wrench on the car battery, connecting both + and - poles, it could be welded down solid, and there is only 12 V.
It all depends on the max current output (amperage), coz voltage is only a potential - and the current is this, what really acts in nature.
So if you get hit by the plug spark from the vehicle's HV ignition circuit, it's not pleasant but you don't get hurt- despite it's 20 000 V. Spark's too short, and the current running is tiny.

But as you said, mic has rather low possible current and human body has rather big resistance, so bespoken MacGyver's trick is improbable.

Have you noticed, that he cut mike wires live? He could cause a shortcut. :]

2)
a) As to the car from the beginning gambit, you said it had English writings despite being Russian. But it was in Germany and I think it was DDR made. Wartburg?
Anyway it shouldn't be English. :]

b) The handbrake didn't work, and as i know it's mechanical, not connected to brake fluid system.

c) And have you noticed, that when they showed us MacGyver's colleague pressing the brake pedal, it was wide like in automatic gearbox vehicles, and I couldn't see the clutch pedal there.
And even in the year 2009 it would be low probable to use automatic in Europe. :]

Greetz from Poland

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Beachbead
Posted: 29 April 2009 - 09:20 AM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

MacGyver catches a shotgun cartridge in his right hand. Then the angle changes and he's holding it in his left hand.

A Russian car's interior labeling is in English instead of Cyrillic.

MacGyverOnline
Posted: 29 April 2009 - 02:40 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (olobolo30 @ 18 April 2009 - 02:05 AM)
b) The handbrake didn't work, and as i know it's mechanical, not connected to brake fluid system.

I think the deal with the handbrake is that they generally aren't designed to stop the car from moving. Rather designed to stop the car from starting to move.. (i.e. rolling down a hill) so they generally arent' very strong.

I think it's actually a common gimmick used in classic "brakes have failed" / "run away car" scenes in TV shows and movies. I seem to recall having seen shows or movies where people have tried to use the hand brake to stop the run away car.

I also know many people have forgotten to release the hand/park break and driven off with it still applied, thus proving that it's pretty unlikely that it would stop you at speed. laugh.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Posted: 12 March 2010 - 01:42 PM                                    
Quote Post

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

In the opening gambit, at the bottom of the hill, MacGyver and Bannister coast across the East/West German border.

However, the sign facing away from MacGyver's direction of travel says "Sie betreten Deutsche Bundesrepublik". You can clearly see the sign when the East German soldiers/Stasi are stopped. The sign faces people entering East Germany. However, "Sie betreten Deutsche Bundesrepublik" means "You enter Federal Republic of Germany." [sic] The Federal Republic is <i>West</i> Germany.

The sign should either say "Sie verlassen (leaving) die Bundesrepublik Deutschland (West Germany)" or "Sie betreten (entering) die Deutsche Demokratische Republik (East Germany)".

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
jennkurz
Posted: 19 February 2011 - 07:35 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: tinker

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:passages/ outsiders/ ma dalton
Jacket:  Blue snow/outdoors

at the reception when the priest pulls out the gun and starts firing at victoria Mac has enough time to throw Victoria to safety, go across the room ,get the sonic laser, turn it to the priest and break his glasses. Then mac has enough time to cross the room AGAIN and tackle the priest and at that point only craig and pete rush into the scene. They are at a dinner that Pete said earlier that everyone from the company was supposed to attend and mac is even seen getting grief about his tux from two fellow agents. In a room FULL of trained agents and trained security guards are we supposed to believe that when an assasin starts firing that only mac would react and try to subdue the assassin with a late assist from pete and craig? Or that Mac would be able to cross the room TWICE and yet still be the first one to reach the assassin?

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 19 January 2013 - 01:44 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

When Lem, Bannister and Ingrid arrive at the science reception hall in the end Lem enters the car and asks Ingrid if she's ready and she replies with: 'Perfectly.' However her lips didn't move when she said that.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Rocket
Posted: 7 April 2013 - 11:15 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Commander

Favorites
Episode:Hallowe'en Knights
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

QUOTE (Macs Lab Rat @ 16 October 2007 - 06:24 AM)

I've just watched this episode again - I hadn't noticed that before, but it's really not that well hidden, is it! whistle.gif

I bet the director wasn't very pleased with him..

Rollerskating at right angles to reality

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll