Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat

I wanted to make a little thought exercise for those of you who may be cooped up at home if there is a lockdown in your area.

If there was to be a classic Macgyver episode made about the coronavirus pandemic, what do you think the storyline would be?

Perhaps Mac goes around his local community and makes modifications to peoples ill-fitting masks by tying the straps behind their heads with a paperclip (see image below) or modifying it in someway to stop peoples glasses fogging up. You could be sure he would be handing out Phoenix Foundation branded masks to those without. Then he would head to the labs with Pete to check on the foundations progress developing a vaccine. I'm not sure what threat would be in this storyline? A containment breach that requires an improvised breathing masks made out of a plastic cup, shoelaces and elastic from Petes underwear?

What do think would be the storyline?

user posted image

This post has been edited by Big Mac-gyver on 8 February 2021 - 09:45 AM

PM                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 9 February 2021 - 03:52 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

If they ask Phoenix to help out, I think MacGyver would have other and better things to be doing then just make masks for the local community. I'd expect something more in style of the Kill Zone episode. Loads of suspense and heavy drama with most of the characters getting sick including MacGyver and I would make this a two-parter (like Kill Zone should've been) if not even a trilogy.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Big Mac-gyver
Posted: 9 February 2021 - 07:08 AM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Jacket:  Brown bomber

Oh no, I did not mean that would be all he did, but I could imagine him at the grocery store seeing some poor lady with a mask too large for her and quickly whipping out a paperclip (after thoroughly using hand gel of course!) and fixing her mask.

I have to admit that when I watched Kill zone I was thinking this is too big a storyline to squeeze into a single episode.

This post has been edited by Big Mac-gyver on 9 February 2021 - 07:08 AM

PM                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 11 February 2021 - 07:57 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Deadly Dreams
Jacket:  Black leather

Honestly, I would see it more of MacGyver and Pete trying to come up with solutions to help people protect themselves while trying to help work out a vaccine.

Storyline wise, I feel like it would be much broader than just helping people with ill fitted masks... but that's just me. XD

For the most part, the biggest problem we're having isn't so much that people don't have ways of protecting themselves, but them taking it seriously. I think that would be more what the episode would be about... the importance of taking COVID seriously.

Maybe having someone who didn't take serious measures in protecting themselves and caught it, then starts an uncontrollable spread of the virus and Mac/Pete/Phoenix have to find a way to stop the spread before it reaches a certain area or group of people.... like a poverty area in LA where people don't have the means to get proper treatment.

I could see a Phoenix Foundation drive for free testing or vaccine testing or even collection of plasma of those who have the antibodies.

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll