Please Note      

You can only post replies to topics already posted in this forum. You can not start new topics. If you would like to discuss a character which doesn't already have their own topic please start the new topic in the Houseboat forum and we will move it to this forum for you.

Murdoc
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll

How did you rate this character
user posted image [ 2 ]  [2.60%]
user posted image [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
user posted image [ 3 ]  [3.90%]
user posted image [ 8 ]  [10.39%]
user posted image [ 64 ]  [83.12%]
Total Votes: 77
Guests cannot vote 
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
beth
Posted on 10 January 2018 - 01:03 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Mountaineer

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat

QUOTE (Sanguine @ 9 January 2018 - 07:22 PM)
QUOTE (Dragondog @ 9 January 2018 - 09:42 PM)
So while reading random facts online today, I read something that says that men who post more selfies are more likely to become serial killers. Not sure if I believe it or not, but it DOES fit Murdoc pretty well, doesn't it? hmm.bmp

In some ways, yes. Murdoc does take an awful lot of photographs. My best guess would be that people who take a high number of selfies sometimes score higher on psychological tests for traits like Narcissism and other psychological issues. Those same traits are also commonly (but not always) found in serial killers.
I wouldn't at all be surprised if Murdoc were diagnosed with narcissism or something, but he's definitely not a serial killer. Zito would be, I guess, but not Murdoc.

Murdoc didn't take selfies. He photographed his kills.

Beth

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Sanguine
Posted on 10 January 2018 - 01:44 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Classic SD Pink

Favorites
Episode:Halloween Knights
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Black leather

QUOTE (beth @ 10 January 2018 - 04:03 PM)

True. He does seem a bit too practical to take photos of himself for no reason, doesn't he? He might see it as a waste of film.

Reboot Murdoc might snap one every now and then, just to be snarky.

"I am not mad. I'm just very, very determined." ------Murdoc, 'Cleo Rocks'

"What is the color of night?" ------Oblivion

Virtutis Gloria Merces.

Time you enjoy wasting isn't wasted time.

Highly Illogical. Delightfully Useless. Achtung Y'All.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted on 10 January 2018 - 02:00 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: none

Favorites
Vehicle: Motorcycle

QUOTE (Sanguine @ 10 January 2018 - 03:44 PM)

True. He does seem a bit too practical to take photos of himself for no reason, doesn't he? He might see it as a waste of film.

And to get with the times. It cracked me up in "Hole Puncher" when he told MacGyver, "You'll have to improvise. Isn't that supposed to be, you know, like... your THING?" Original Murdoc would probably never say it quite like that.

"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer" - Hank The Cowdog

"You have the heart of a chief, and the soul of a dragon"- How to Train Your Dragon 2

"[T]he more we try to understand one another, the more exceptional each one of us will be" - Zootopia

"Love makes you do strange things." - Charlie Brown

"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Dreamworks Dragons Race to the Edge

PM                                                                     
Sanguine
Posted on 10 January 2018 - 07:35 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

Favorites

QUOTE (Dragondog @ 10 January 2018 - 05:00 PM)

And to get with the times. It cracked me up in "Hole Puncher" when he told MacGyver, "You'll have to improvise. Isn't that supposed to be, you know, like... your THING?" Original Murdoc would probably never say it quite like that.

Ha!!!! No, you're right. The original Murdoc would be much too refined to phrase it that way. I'd forgotten about that part. Reboot Murdoc cracks me up sometimes. Nothing compares to the original, but Dastmalchian is a very good actor. laugh.gif

I really like the way that both Murdocs are very sarcastic and witty. It just adds to their confident villain personas.

Virtutis Gloria Merces.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted on 11 January 2018 - 01:05 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (Sanguine @ 10 January 2018 - 09:35 PM)
QUOTE (Dragondog @ 10 January 2018 - 05:00 PM)

Ha!!!! No, you're right. The original Murdoc would be much too refined to phrase it that way. I'd forgotten about that part. Reboot Murdoc cracks me up sometimes. Nothing compares to the original, but Dastmalchian is a very good actor. laugh.gif

I really like the way that both Murdocs are very sarcastic and witty. It just adds to their confident villain personas.

I love Dastmalchian a lot, but he seriously creeps me out, more so than MDB's version ever did. Sometimes I wonder how Dastmalchian can keep his eyes in the sockets. They're HUGE! unsure.gif Boy, I hope he doesn't read these forum posts... I would regret posting this.

"You have the heart of a chief, and the soul of a dragon"- How to Train Your Dragon 2

"[T]he more we try to understand one another, the more exceptional each one of us will be" - Zootopia

"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Dreamworks Dragons Race to the Edge

PM                                                                     
Sanguine
Posted on 11 January 2018 - 02:03 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

Favorites

QUOTE (Dragondog @ 11 January 2018 - 04:05 PM)
I love Dastmalchian a lot, but he seriously creeps me out, more so than MDB's version ever did. Sometimes I wonder how Dastmalchian can keep his eyes in the sockets. They're HUGE!  unsure.gif  Boy, I hope he doesn't read these forum posts... I would regret posting this.

Hey, ya never know. wink.gif

I think part of the creep factor is that Reboot Murdoc is much more of a madman, in some ways, than the original Murdoc. The original Murdoc was a killer for hire, and sure, he enjoyed his job, but he didn't just kill people for the heck of it, and he usually tried to keep innocent people out of the crossfire. Reboot Murdoc has no such scruples. He seems much less emotional (or at least, much more controlled) and a little more sadistic than the original Murdoc. Not to mention that Reboot Murdoc is way more secretive and sneaky than the original.

One of my favorite ever Reboot Murdoc moments was when Baby Mac ran into the interrogation room and shouted, "You kill people for free?! And he just grinned and said, "Sometimes." roller.gif The original Murdoc didn't have the luxury of killing people for free. He actually did need the money! laugh.gif

Virtutis Gloria Merces.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted on 11 January 2018 - 03:44 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (Sanguine @ 11 January 2018 - 04:03 PM)
I love Dastmalchian a lot, but he seriously creeps me out, more so than MDB's version ever did. Sometimes I wonder how Dastmalchian can keep his eyes in the sockets. They're HUGE!  unsure.gif  Boy, I hope he doesn't read these forum posts... I would regret posting this.

I think part of the creep factor is that Reboot Murdoc is much more of a madman, in some ways, than the original Murdoc. The original Murdoc was a killer for hire, and sure, he enjoyed his job, but he didn't just kill people for the heck of it, and he usually tried to keep innocent people out of the crossfire. Reboot Murdoc has no such scruples. He seems much less emotional (or at least, much more controlled) and a little more sadistic than the original Murdoc. Not to mention that Reboot Murdoc is way more secretive and sneaky than the original.

One of my favorite ever Reboot Murdoc moments was when Baby Mac ran into the interrogation room and shouted, "You kill people for free?! And he just grinned and said, "Sometimes." roller.gif The original Murdoc didn't have the luxury of killing people for free. He actually did need the money! laugh.gif

I don't think rebooted Murdoc is 100% evil, though he's definitely worse than the original (in a good way). Rebooted Murdoc clearly cares about his son, even though he tried to hide it. I think some of his cruelty is something of an act. I think that was true of the original, too.

Also, sometimes I think about how hilarious it would be if some of the users on this site were undercover actors. blink.gif I seriously doubt it, but it's fun to think about.

PM                                                                     
beth
Posted on 12 January 2018 - 11:29 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

Favorites
Episode:

MDB confirmed on his facebook page today that he will indeed be making an appearance in the MacGyver reboot! He will be playing a mentor to the new Murdoc. This is one episode that for me is a must-see!

Beth

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted on 12 January 2018 - 06:53 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (beth @ 12 January 2018 - 01:29 PM)
MDB confirmed on his facebook page today that he will indeed be making an appearance in the MacGyver reboot! He will be playing a mentor to the new Murdoc. This is one episode that for me is a must-see!

Mentor, huh? Definitely a "Halloween Knights" reboot. happy_dance.gif happy_dance.gif happy_dance.gif

PM                                                                     
Sanguine
Posted on 12 January 2018 - 08:19 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

Favorites

QUOTE (beth @ 12 January 2018 - 02:29 PM)

Yyyyyeeesss!!!! I did a little happy dance when I saw that. MDB and Dastmalchian both posted pictures on their Instagram accounts, and MDB posted on his Twitter, too. Is it just me, or does Reboot Murdoc look a wee bit scared, or at least in respectful awe, of MDB in that photo? wink.gif

I'm just so excited that I can hardly wait! happy_dance.gif

Virtutis Gloria Merces.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Sanguine
Posted on 12 January 2018 - 08:28 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

Favorites

QUOTE (Dragondog @ 11 January 2018 - 06:44 PM)

I don't think rebooted Murdoc is 100% evil, though he's definitely worse than the original (in a good way). Rebooted Murdoc clearly cares about his son, even though he tried to hide it. I think some of his cruelty is something of an act. I think that was true of the original, too.

Also, sometimes I think about how hilarious it would be if some of the users on this site were undercover actors. blink.gif I seriously doubt it, but it's fun to think about.

Oh, he's definitely not totally evil. But he is very gleeful about his wickedness, which makes me smile.
Yeah, I agree that they both put up a lot of barriers. They put up a front and hide behind half-truths and lies. It's probably necessary for their survival.

But, you know, since you mentioned Murdoc's son: it bothers me every time that Matty & Baby Mac & the gang don't seem to understand why Murdoc wants his son so badly. They seem to think that it's unreasonable for him to want to be in control of Cassian's life and they act like he's some kind of danger to his own child. But Murdoc is very obviously a concerned father just like any other reasonable man would be, so why did they act surprised when he reacted with anger towards them using Cassian as a bargaining chip?

Personally, I think it'd be funny if the kid turns out to be just as crazy as his daddy. Joke's on you, Baby Mac! wink.gif

I think about that sometimes, too. If I were a professional actor, or even a professional writer whose work got picked up as a TV show or a movie or something, I would definitely be stalking the fan forums, at least at first. laugh.gif
I know for a fact that some of the writers and actors out there are very tuned into their fandoms. The Psych writers and actors are especially good at that, because they *always* find ways to sneak Easter eggs about fan theories and fan terms into the show. So it's all but certain that they stalk the fansites. I wouldn't at all be surprised to find out that the people who create other shows sometimes do the same thing.

Virtutis Gloria Merces.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted on 13 January 2018 - 01:44 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (Sanguine @ 12 January 2018 - 10:19 PM)
QUOTE (beth @ 12 January 2018 - 02:29 PM)
MDB confirmed on his facebook page today that he will indeed be making an appearance in the MacGyver reboot!  He will be playing a mentor to the new Murdoc. This is one episode that for me is a must-see!

Yyyyyeeesss!!!! I did a little happy dance when I saw that. MDB and Dastmalchian both posted pictures on their Instagram accounts, and MDB posted on his Twitter, too. Is it just me, or does Reboot Murdoc look a wee bit scared, or at least in respectful awe, of MDB in that photo? wink.gif

I'm just so excited that I can hardly wait! happy_dance.gif

I'm SO glad you noticed that too! Murdoc DOES look a little afraid of MDB's character. I watched the 2 Gotham episodes David Dastmalchian guest starred in. He was a henchman of the Joker, and was terrified of his boss. I thought the picture of the two Murdocs reminded me of Gotham.

PM                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted on 13 January 2018 - 01:47 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (Sanguine @ 12 January 2018 - 10:28 PM)
QUOTE (Dragondog @ 11 January 2018 - 06:44 PM)

Oh, he's definitely not totally evil. But he is very gleeful about his wickedness, which makes me smile.
Yeah, I agree that they both put up a lot of barriers. They put up a front and hide behind half-truths and lies. It's probably necessary for their survival.

But, you know, since you mentioned Murdoc's son: it bothers me every time that Matty & Baby Mac & the gang don't seem to understand why Murdoc wants his son so badly. They seem to think that it's unreasonable for him to want to be in control of Cassian's life and they act like he's some kind of danger to his own child. But Murdoc is very obviously a concerned father just like any other reasonable man would be, so why did they act surprised when he reacted with anger towards them using Cassian as a bargaining chip?

Personally, I think it'd be funny if the kid turns out to be just as crazy as his daddy. Joke's on you, Baby Mac! wink.gif

I think about that sometimes, too. If I were a professional actor, or even a professional writer whose work got picked up as a TV show or a movie or something, I would definitely be stalking the fan forums, at least at first. laugh.gif
I know for a fact that some of the writers and actors out there are very tuned into their fandoms. The Psych writers and actors are especially good at that, because they *always* find ways to sneak Easter eggs about fan theories and fan terms into the show. So it's all but certain that they stalk the fansites. I wouldn't at all be surprised to find out that the people who create other shows sometimes do the same thing.

After watching "X-ray + Penny", I've been wondering if rebooted Murdoc's greatest fear is losing his son's respect. When Mac said, "After Cassian finds out the truth about you, he won't want anything to do with you." Murdoc's response of, "You're wrong, sons need their fathers! You're living proof of that." had me wondering. Murdoc's expression looked almost panicked, like Mac just hit the nail on the head. And why else would he be so worried about his son knowing what he does for a living?

PM                                                                     
Sanguine
Posted on 14 January 2018 - 07:45 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

Favorites

QUOTE (Dragondog @ 13 January 2018 - 04:47 PM)
After watching "X-ray + Penny", I've been wondering if rebooted Murdoc's greatest fear is losing his son's respect. When Mac said, "After Cassian finds out the truth about you, he won't want anything to do with you." Murdoc's response of, "You're wrong, sons need their fathers! You're living proof of that." had me wondering. Murdoc's expression looked almost panicked, like Mac just hit the nail on the head. And why else would he be so worried about his son knowing what he does for a living?

That wouldn't surprise me at all. The original Murdoc seemed to feel the same way about Ashton, given what he said to MacGyver at the beginning of "Halloween Knights." He said that "she certainly doesn't know what I do for a living." So he obviously wanted to keep the truth from her as well. Now, that may have been for her protection instead of any regard for her opinion of him, but something tells me that as much as Murdoc loves his sister, he'd also never want to do anything that would harm her view of him. Nobody wants to be rejected by their own family.

Virtutis Gloria Merces.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
beth
Posted on 15 January 2018 - 05:41 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

Favorites
Episode:

New info straight from MDB himself on his facebook page!! He will appear in the MacGyver reboot episode that is airing on 2/2. This character must be really something because his post reads "bad to worse" with pictures of him as classic Murdoc and the current character.

Beth

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted on 15 January 2018 - 03:06 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (Sanguine @ 14 January 2018 - 09:45 PM)
QUOTE (Dragondog @ 13 January 2018 - 04:47 PM)

That wouldn't surprise me at all. The original Murdoc seemed to feel the same way about Ashton, given what he said to MacGyver at the beginning of "Halloween Knights." He said that "she certainly doesn't know what I do for a living." So he obviously wanted to keep the truth from her as well. Now, that may have been for her protection instead of any regard for her opinion of him, but something tells me that as much as Murdoc loves his sister, he'd also never want to do anything that would harm her view of him. Nobody wants to be rejected by their own family.

I always thought that that just goes to show how much Murdoc really loved Ashton. He always tried to pretend that he had no love for anyone, no true weaknesses. He was so worried about his sister that he was willing to ask MacGyver's help, even though that meant letting his emotion show a bit. He wanted MacGyver to see that he really cared about her and wasn't kidding around.

As for rebooted Murdoc, I think Cassian will eventually find out the truth about his dad. The whole, "We'll tell him the truth if you don't cooperate" bit followed by Murdoc's reluctant, "Fine, let's get this over with" attitude just sets it up for a big reveal to the kid. I know he's in the upcoming episode with MDB, so maybe we'll see a little interaction between Murdoc and his son then, even if he doesn't find out the truth yet.

I'm thinking Murdoc's story about the death of Cassian's mother wasn't entirely true, assuming it was true at all. In my opinion, Murdoc looked a little sad talking about it, so if she really is dead, I don't think he found it as "poetic" as he claimed. Most likely, he didn't kill her, though someone else could have. In fact, he DID say to Mac, "We fell in love" when he told the story. It was actually Mac who said, "You're not capable of love" before Murdoc said, "Fine, SHE fell in love, I just found her less repulsive than other humans." If you ask me, he said that THEY fell in love a little too casually for a guy who tries to look as though he doesn't care about anyone. Most likely, he really did care about her, and maybe got swept up in his description of her to try to hide his feelings?

PM                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted on 15 January 2018 - 03:09 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (beth @ 15 January 2018 - 07:41 AM)
New info straight from MDB himself on his facebook page!! He will appear in the MacGyver reboot episode that is airing on 2/2. This character must be really something because his post reads "bad to worse" with pictures of him as classic Murdoc and the current character.

Definitely looking forward to seeing what he means by that!

One thing I noticed, hanging out on twitter, was Michael's response to some of the excited fans. It sounds like he didn't expect anyone to get so excited over his appearance on the reboot. I'm wondering if he just doesn't know that there are a lot of people who DO like the reboot, or if all the haters are denting the confidence of some of the actors. I'm hoping that if it's one of these, it's the former.

PM                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted on 18 January 2018 - 06:51 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

I just noticed something interesting. MDB was promoting the reboot episode he's in, while sharing pictures from "Strictly Business". Someone commented that he holds the rocket launcher so indifferently, and MDB replied, "Well, villains hate themselves, so it doesn't matter." He's got pretty good insight into the mind of the villain he played, doesn't he?

PM                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted on 22 January 2018 - 07:02 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Funny thing about being part of a fandom is that it's made me realize how much of a hypocrite I am sometimes.

ME: *watching girls on twitter swoon over David Dastmalchian* Okay, I know he's cute, but calm down a little.
ALSO ME: *sees cute picture of David Dastmalchian or old picture of MDB* Bow bow chicka BOW!
roller.gif Maybe I should get some help.....

PM                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted on 28 January 2018 - 06:43 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

So skimming on pinterest I started seeing tips for writing. Found this. Now I want to write a series of fanfiction stories in which Murdoc turns good just to use these. I love 'em!

Attached Image
Attached Image

PM                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted on 1 February 2018 - 03:58 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

I like this too.

Attached Image
Attached Image

PM                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted on 4 February 2018 - 07:00 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

I read this thing where someone said that the problem with falling for a fictional guy yet shipping him with a girl is that half of them is like "marry me" but the other half is like "No, marry her!" Basically me with Murdoc and Penny. roller.gif

PM                                                                     
Sanguine
Posted on 6 February 2018 - 01:34 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

Favorites

QUOTE (Dragondog @ 4 February 2018 - 10:00 PM)
I read this thing where someone said that the problem with falling for a fictional guy yet shipping him with a girl is that half of them is like "marry me" but the other half is like "No, marry her!" Basically me with Murdoc and Penny. roller.gif

That is one of the main struggles of my life. I utterly love Murdoc and I am desperately in love with him, but Murdoc and Penny are my OTP---and this is coming from someone who was previously known for *not* having an OTP and shipping the most random people, so Murdoc and Penny are a big deal to me. I know that a lot of people dislike Penny and don't like the dynamic between her and Murdoc, but honestly, they're so different that I think they complement each other well. Murdoc grounds Penny and can provide her with the "looking after" that she needs, but Penny is sweet and kind enough to give Murdoc some of his innocence back. love.jpg

...in other news, is it odd that I kinda want Baby Murdoc (Dennis) to hook up with Matty Webber?

Virtutis Gloria Merces.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted on 6 February 2018 - 02:55 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (Sanguine @ 6 February 2018 - 03:34 PM)
...in other news, is it odd that I kinda want Baby Murdoc (Dennis) to hook up with Matty Webber?

Not weird, just new. I think that thought popped in my head a couple of times myself.

As I've been posting about in another thread, I've got mii characters made in video games based on Mac and the gang. Penny is currently dating Fonzie (from Happy Days) but now I want them to break up so I can put her with Murdoc. wacko.gif Oh, the virtual world.

PM                                                                     
Sanguine
Posted on 7 February 2018 - 02:59 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

Favorites

Something new to add to Murdoc's résumé? hmm.bmp roller.gif

user posted image

Virtutis Gloria Merces.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted on 7 February 2018 - 12:59 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (Sanguine @ 7 February 2018 - 04:59 AM)
Something new to add to Murdoc's résumé? hmm.bmp roller.gif

user posted image

MDB is so hilarious! roller.gif

PM                                                                     
MacGyver85
Posted on 7 February 2018 - 09:01 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Episode:Each one as I watch it!
House:  Loft

That's great!! laugh.gif roller.gif clapping.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted on 10 February 2018 - 08:49 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Did anyone else see that MDB was live tweeting last Friday for the airing of "Murdoc + Handcuffs"? I saw that someone thanked him for being so in touch with his fans and he replied, "Friends! Not fans!" Just a little reminder of why we love him.

PM                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted on 28 February 2018 - 06:59 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Sorry, I couldn't resist! tongue.gif

Attached Image
Attached Image

PM                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted on 1 March 2018 - 03:32 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Okay, I found a different site for making memes, and it has way more options. I like this meme better.

Attached Image
Attached Image

PM                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (7) « First ... 4 5 [6] 7  Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll