Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: none

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:Halloween Knights
Vehicle: Motorcycle
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat

QUOTE (Jediferret @ 12 November 2018 - 12:47 PM)
That was my childhood! XD

The worst English dubbing for Anime is still Speed Racer. But at least the theme song was catchy...

80s Pidge has a horrible voice, IMO. Not to slam your childhood laugh.gif

"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer" - Hank The Cowdog

"You have the heart of a chief, and the soul of a dragon"- How to Train Your Dragon 2

"[T]he more we try to understand one another, the more exceptional each one of us will be" - Zootopia

"Love makes you do strange things." - Charlie Brown

"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Dreamworks Dragons Race to the Edge

PM                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 13 November 2018 - 06:54 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Two seasons into Voltron. I must be getting pulled in, because the fact that I might not be able to watch much of it tomorrow or Thursday saddens me tongue.gif

"You have the heart of a chief, and the soul of a dragon"- How to Train Your Dragon 2

"[T]he more we try to understand one another, the more exceptional each one of us will be" - Zootopia

"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Dreamworks Dragons Race to the Edge

PM                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 21 November 2018 - 08:16 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

Couple of months ago I found Alex Haley's Roots and it's sequel Queen. Last night I had seen the first episode. It was produced from David L. Wolper who eventually produced North & South. Just found out that there is a second season made in 1979 called Roots: The Next Generations which spans another 80-some years of Kunta Kinte's family and in the 90's there was Queen which tells the story from another angle and features Mont Royal from North and South as one of the houses.

I kinda like these kind of stories. A story about a family that spans several years or decades and the first episode had a North & South feel. Shame this kind of series are not made anymore.

The first episode was kind of slow but maybe everything is just beginning, I will look forward to the rest. Apparently this first season runs from 1750 all the way to the end of the Civil War. I'm curious how they will do this in a matter of six episodes. But they're episodes of 90 minutes so plenty of time to find out.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 27 November 2018 - 06:34 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Five seasons of Voltron Legendary Defender done. Jedi, I would recommend finishing the rest of it XD

After I watched just the first two episodes of season 5, I very calmly turned to the friends who talked me into watching it, and composed a nice little poem:

First two eps of season five,
How the heck am I alive?

Then I rewrote it after I finished the season XD

PM                                                                     
zoeryan
Posted: 27 November 2018 - 08:20 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Lthrman Squirt

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:ETSS, Partners

I just rewatched the first couple seasons of Brad Wright's (creator of Stargate) show Travelers on Netflix, in prep for season 3 dropping in a couple weeks. So many actors from Stargate SG1 and SGU. Good time travel show.

"I'm not perfect.... yet."

"Are you crazy?" "It's been rumored..."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 29 November 2018 - 08:28 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

I finished Roots. Started of kinda slow but the later episodes were better. Though I think North and South is still better the story behind Roots is a real interesting one on how Alex Haley started to research his family history and traced everything back to the real Kunta Kinte. He did take some liberations with history and his family history but Roots really captivated the whole country at the time since everyone started to get into genealogy and began looking for their roots.
Pity I didn't found Roots: The Next Generation but I do have Queen which is about Alex Haley's grandmother.

Actually Roots could've been a good title for Good Knight MacGyver.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Tobop
Posted: 29 November 2018 - 10:49 PM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:

Burn Notice
Hell on Wheels
Game of Thrones
Leverage
Timeless
Stranger Things
West World
Xfiles

The list goes on. I've still got to see all of The 100 & 12 Monkeys, among many others.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 9 December 2018 - 04:06 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

So, I have finished season 7 of Voltron. The last season comes out in 5 days. I've been heartbroken by t.v. before, but this show- this show has run my heart through a fricken PAPER SHREDDER more times than I can count. So I'm just waiting for season 8 to come and Thanos it 8]

It really blends hilariousness with absolutely devastating drama, and this is advertised as a KIDS SHOW! Yeah, I'm sure non-kiddy animes are even worse, but still...

This three minute video basically sums up all the Voltron-realted emotions at once 8] G, K, and N broke me

PM                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 16 December 2018 - 06:59 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Yep, season 8 destroyed me. 8]

I was fine until they killed off a main character. Not the first time, but this one was more heartbreaking. Especially since it was a heroic sacrifice, so she took each character individually and told the all how much they meant to her. Since it was the last episode, it was like we were saying goodbye to them too. So no, I'm not okay 8]

PM                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 17 December 2018 - 05:12 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Now I also have seen Alex Haley's Queen about Haley's grandparents who were also slaves. I thought it was a little better then Roots. Roots really was kinda of slow at first. Halle Berry did some great acting. It must've been though to be a single former slave mother carrying a child along the post-civil war South and not finding her own place in the world.

Interesting was they used the Boone Hall Plantation in the show which is more famous for it's appearance in North and South known as Mont Royal.

And currently watching old episodes of Expeditie Robinson or Expedition Robinson better known in the US as Survivor. After six years there was finally a new season this year. The show originally ran from 2000 to 2012 but they ruined the format in the last two seasons by using famous people like actors and other television personalities. This year they brought it back and again with unknown faces. Then I went to look for it on YouTube and found these full old seasons back. I was like 14 when I saw the first season, it was great to see it back. Some contestants I forgot all about it while I never forgot others. More interestingly was that, despite what people say on social media is, the show never changed. There always have been plotting against others and so on... Another interesting thing is all the contestants in the first season appears to be having SAK's. They're using SAKS to eat and to work with. And the whole show even now, watches pretty smoothly. OK, the quality is not great but watchable. And it's just real great I can watch the old seasons now the latest one is over. So I can keep watching.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
zoeryan
Posted: 17 December 2018 - 10:39 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

Favorites

Season 3 of Travelers - mission complete. Show keeps getting better!! (Check it out on Netflix!)

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 18 December 2018 - 04:19 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Deadly Dreams
Jacket:  Black leather

QUOTE (Dragondog @ 16 December 2018 - 09:59 PM)

Welcome to the life of the average Supernatural fan. That show has been wrecking the hearts of fans since 2005.

Last season they introduced a rather lovable character... then they killed him two episodes ago. I still haven't recovered. dry.gif

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 18 December 2018 - 10:15 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (Jediferret @ 18 December 2018 - 06:19 AM)

Welcome to the life of the average Supernatural fan. That show has been wrecking the hearts of fans since 2005.

Last season they introduced a rather lovable character... then they killed him two episodes ago. I still haven't recovered. dry.gif

You sure he'll stay dead though? tongue.gif

PM                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 18 December 2018 - 07:01 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

The next 13 episodes of Miraculous came out on Netflix, so I've been using it to numb my pain over Voltron.

Miraculous is getting edgier every season, but since it's still fairly tame (because children are watching), I get a kick out of poking fun at it all the time tongue.gif

"Yeah, that's not how physics work"

"There's a lot of things I was hoping to see on this show. Kim in a speedo wasn't one of them yucky.gif "

Ondine: *to Kim* "The boy I'm crushing on is you"
Me: "Why?" huh.gif

PM                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 9 January 2019 - 04:44 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Tinker/Pioneer

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Human Factor

user posted image

I have started watching Counterpart.

Howard Silk, a low level agent working at a corporation for 30 years suddenly has his world literally turned around when he discovers that his employer has had ties with another universe and great things are afoot. He is soon thrown in a world of espionage, murder and conspiracies he never though possible.

A well acted and plotted show, raises an eyebrow and is highly recommended. J.K. Simmons is awesome in this.

"The bag's not for what I take, Colson - it's for what I find along the way."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 1 March 2019 - 04:59 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Started on the second season of the Exorcist. Looks like I never even mentioned I saw the first season. Anyway where the first season was almost a continuation of the movie, the second season wipes the slate clean and start with a complete new story and new characters with exception of the two priests from the first season. I kinda had the same feeling as with the first, doubting it would be good but it turned out it is better then expected. It's still horror, some gory stuff but not much and decent story-telling. And it's filmed in British Columbia. I've seen already two familiar face: Jay Brazeau in a minor role in the second episode and Rochelle Greenwood in the third episode. Rochelle Greenwood played Amy in Strictly Business. I think she was barely 14 at the time and if you do the math, she would be nearly 40 by now. The second season was aired two years ago, so she was 38 but she sure is not bad looking.

user posted image

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 1 March 2019 - 06:19 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (Dragondog @ 18 December 2018 - 01:15 PM)

Nope, he didn't stay dead. He's alive, but is losing his soul now.

This show... I hate it, but love it at the same time! dry.gif

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 1 March 2019 - 08:04 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (Jediferret @ 1 March 2019 - 08:19 PM)
QUOTE (Dragondog @ 18 December 2018 - 01:15 PM)

Nope, he didn't stay dead. He's alive, but is losing his soul now.

This show... I hate it, but love it at the same time! dry.gif

You know that song, "I Hate You I Love You"? I never cared for it, but I may try to fins a GIF of that one line, just because it's perfect for so many scenarios laugh.gif

PM                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 3 March 2019 - 05:59 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

That song would be perfect in my personal life. XD

My guy friend, who is always recommending Anime to me, got me to watch one called KonoSuba. Apparently this is his favorite Anime and has watched it multiple times. It's extremely funny, but a bit adult. I really liked it.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 31 March 2019 - 03:40 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Say Dragondog... can you guess what show I'm watching right now? If you guess correctly, I'll give you invisible cookies! biggrin.gif

Hint: That darn cat just bugs me...... whistle.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 31 March 2019 - 05:22 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (Jediferret @ 31 March 2019 - 06:40 PM)
Say Dragondog... can you guess what show I'm watching right now? If you guess correctly, I'll give you invisible cookies! biggrin.gif

Hint: That darn cat just bugs me...... whistle.gif

Are you actually watching Miraculous? laugh.gif

PM                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 1 April 2019 - 06:33 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (Dragondog @ 31 March 2019 - 08:22 PM)
Are you actually watching Miraculous? laugh.gif

Yeah lol blush.gif

I saw it on Netflix and started to watch it out of curiosity. It's definitely not for my age group, but not a bad show at all. It would be a good show to play in the nursery since it's easy to watch. We were watching the rebooted Inspector Gadget yesterday. lol

What's funny is how dense both Marinette and Adrien are. XD

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 1 April 2019 - 01:54 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

What's funny is how dense both Marinette and Adrien are. XD

Welcome to the everyday life of the Miraculous fandom laugh.gif

Season 2 is way better, but they're still very, very dense tongue.gif

Attached Image
Attached Image

PM                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 1 April 2019 - 01:57 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

It's the most frustrating part, even more so than the chaotic airing schedule

Attached Image
Attached Image

PM                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 1 April 2019 - 01:58 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Okay, I'll stop now tongue.gif

Attached Image
Attached Image

PM                                                                     
zoeryan
Posted: 2 April 2019 - 07:58 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

Favorites

Santa Clarita Diet Season 3 came out last week! Love that show!

Also curious about the new Twilight Zone but they make it so hard to watch dry.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 3 April 2019 - 03:53 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

I'm super excited about season 3 of Stranger Things, but it doesn't get released until July 4th, so it's gonna be a long 3 months. But it'll be totally worth it!

Though, I'm torn about Game of Thrones last season this year. It's like a train wreck... I don't want to see, but I can't stop watching it. It hurts my soul. I may skip it until the hype dies off, then watch it when it's over.

@Dragondog - LOL! It's certainly a show that doesn't take a lot of brain power to watch. Sometimes you just need a formulaic show with a happy ending to destress. Probably why I liked watching MacGyver, because it was a more adult version of that. Even Disney movies are a bit too heavy sometimes, and the Animes my guy friend watches are subtitled, so you have to pay attention. Sometimes I just don't wanna... XD

I had a super long day yesterday, so I slapped that show on when I got home and passed out. XD

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 3 April 2019 - 01:41 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

@Jedi If you make it all the way to the end, you will have questions laugh.gif Or maybe the fandom just overthinks everything. I know I do tongue.gif

My same friends talked me into watching the Carmen Sandiego reboot. I never watched the original, so I didn't really know what to expect. I didn't really get into it, kinda figured it was the kind of show I'd have liked when I was younger... for the first six episodes. Last three had me on the edge of my seat, lol laugh.gif Guess we'll see how I feel when the next batch of episodes gets released

PM                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 16 April 2019 - 06:08 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

@Jedi I wanted to send this via pm, but some glitch in the matrix (probably a faulty link or something) wouldn't let me dry.gif

Attached Image
Attached Image

PM                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 29 May 2019 - 11:06 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

@Dragondog - That's hilarious XD

I actually watched Bakerix and Miraculer yesteday. Found them on YouTube in English. Had to watch 'em XD

Of course, finished watching the series finale of Game of Thrones. Man, my poor fangirl heart... sad.gif

I had some mixed feelings about it. I agree with a lot of other folks that it was very rushed, and it was kinda predictable this season. It wasn't awful, but it needed more episodes or at least one more season.

Just over a month to go for Stranger Things Season 3! Hopefully it won't disappoint D:

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (10) « First ... 7 8 [9] 10  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll