First RDA 'MacGyver' Collectible is Available Now!
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
Mac2Nite
Posted: 10 May 2015 - 03:25 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned: Tinker/Hunter

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:The Challenge
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat

QUOTE (KiwiTek @ 11 May 2015 - 08:44 AM)
Looks like they're all sold out.

The page is empty again.

Nice going to the lucky one's who managed to get one.

WOW... hope you got yours KiwiTek! Maybe they'll make more after they fill all of the back orders?

"Any problem can be solved with a little ingenuity."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Wheeljack
Posted: 13 May 2015 - 12:04 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Adventurer

Favorites
Episode:Gold Rush, Invisible Killer
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber

I thought this thing could have been much better, just a engraved Spartan or Tinker without the photo and frame would seem more appropriate. If you guys really like it, great, but my first thought was meh.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
legends
Posted: 19 May 2015 - 11:48 PM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

We regret to announce that the MacGyver knife display has been permanently withdrawn and will no longer be available.

We do have a small number of Swiss Army Knives that have been personally autographed by Richard Dean Anderson and these will be made available on our website shortly.

Legends Canada

Legends Canada
The Home Of Richard Dean Anderson Autographs and Stargate Collectibles

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
legends
Posted: 20 May 2015 - 12:10 AM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (Joe SAKic @ 24 April 2015 - 01:51 AM)
I think it's kind of amateurish and not unlike a bait and switch where you are shown one product and sent another.  Where was the engraving done? China?  unsure.gif

Unfortunately the engraving process was extremely difficult. We have a laser engraver and trying to obtain a clean 'cut' with the laser heat on the plastic was a definite challenge. If anyone is unsatisfied with the product they have received, we are prepared to accept it back for a full refund. We regret we are unable to exchange them as we have now permanently withdrawn the product from manufacture and they will no longer be available.

Thank you.

Legends Canada

Legends Canada

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 20 May 2015 - 05:24 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Episode:Deadly Dreams
Jacket:  Black leather

That's a bummer that the display is no longer available. It's a nice display, and I've gotten a lot of compliments on mine. Thanks for showing us Mac fans a little love... we certainly appreciate it. happy.gif

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Mac2Nite
Posted: 20 May 2015 - 06:16 AM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

Favorites

Agreed... I really love mine and have also received many compliments regarding my display.

I just want to tell Paul that any comments/critiques on my part regarding the engraving on the knife were never meant to denigrate the appearance or the amazing work that went into creating this fantastic collectable.

Sorry to those who were unable to obtain one before they were gone sad.gif

And I would also like to send out a HUGE "Thank You" to Legends Canada and Richard Dean Anderson for all that you do for all of us RDA/MacGyver/Stargate fans out here! And the fact that all of the profits go to RDA's charities is icing on the cake!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Joe SAKic
Posted: 20 May 2015 - 04:37 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman 85-91

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (legends @ 20 May 2015 - 04:10 AM)
QUOTE (Joe SAKic @ 24 April 2015 - 01:51 AM)
I think it's kind of amateurish and not unlike a bait and switch where you are shown one product and sent another.  Where was the engraving done? China?  unsure.gif

Unfortunately the engraving process was extremely difficult. We have a laser engraver and trying to obtain a clean 'cut' with the laser heat on the plastic was a definite challenge. If anyone is unsatisfied with the product they have received, we are prepared to accept it back for a full refund. We regret we are unable to exchange them as we have now permanently withdrawn the product from manufacture and they will no longer be available.

Thank you.

Legends Canada

Yeah, I've seen a wide variation in quality with this service and depending on the laser model used. The following company has gotten good reviews on some of the multi-tool sites. It can be done well, but I guess you gotta shop around a bit.

https://www.swisstool.co.uk/st/SwissTool-Personalised/
Swisstool

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination.

Whether you think you can or you can't .... you're probably right!

"Nature often addressed our problems much better than the doctor." - Henry Miller

"So shut up, live, travel, adventure, bless and don't be sorry." - Jack Kerouac

"No one is remembered for being normal" -- Albert Einstein

PMEmail PosterUsers Website                                                                     
legends
Posted: 21 May 2015 - 11:55 AM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (Mac2Nite @ 21 May 2015 - 02:16 AM)
Agreed... I really love mine and have also received many compliments regarding my display.

I just want to tell Paul that any comments/critiques on my part regarding the engraving on the knife were never meant to denigrate the appearance or the amazing work that went into creating this fantastic collectable.

Sorry to those who were unable to obtain one before they were gone sad.gif

And I would also like to send out a HUGE "Thank You" to Legends Canada and Richard Dean Anderson for all that you do for all of us RDA/MacGyver/Stargate fans out here!  And the fact that all of the profits go to RDA's charities is icing on the cake!

Thank you very much for your kind comments, they are greatly appreciated.

In recognising there was very little merchandise in the collectible market relating to MacGyver, we tried to create something that would appeal to Richard's loyal fanbase. Unfortunately, our efforts in doing so ran into a stumbling block with respect to licensing, hence our decision to withdraw the knife display. We rightly acknowledge the proprietary ownership of the rights to the name MacGyver and if the opportunity arises, we shall pursue this matter in our efforts to reach an amicable arrangement with the owner. Should this be successful, then we may attempt to bring this item back to the market with their approval.

I would also like to acknowledge your comment concerning our activity with Richard and his chosen charities. I consider it a privilege to work with him in this regard and he and I both enjoy the superb support we receive from his fans.

Thanks again!

Paul
Legends Canada

Legends Canada

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Walter
Posted: 22 May 2015 - 01:09 AM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Log Jam

So let me get this right... Paramount wont do anything for the fans themselves but they wont allow the star of the show to do anything either??

I've got a word to describe paramount, but I'm pretty sure it would get me kicked out of this place if I used it.

It's not like Legends is selling bootleg copies of the show!

blowup.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 22 May 2015 - 01:13 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Tinker/Pioneer

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Human Factor

Thank you for your feedback, Paul. It is frustrating indeed. Especially when all that the fans wish to do is to purchase an authentic collectors item of the show.

"The bag's not for what I take, Colson - it's for what I find along the way."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Joe SAKic
Posted: 22 May 2015 - 06:02 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman 85-91

Favorites
Episode:

Hmmmmm hmm.bmp now I'm curious - I wonder what part of the 'display' is that the rights holders have an issue with? Is it the blurb? The photograph? Or the name 'MacGyver' that is protected/copyrighted? Or all of the above. I'm thinking a signed SAK with a non-Paramount issue photo(there must be some laying around) of RDA, and a clever blurb that appeases the legal beagles might work as well ... or better!

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination.

Whether you think you can or you can't .... you're probably right!

"Nature often addressed our problems much better than the doctor." - Henry Miller

"So shut up, live, travel, adventure, bless and don't be sorry." - Jack Kerouac

"No one is remembered for being normal" -- Albert Einstein

PMEmail PosterUsers Website                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 22 May 2015 - 06:39 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

God only knows... Paramount hates us. However, Zlotoff actually has the rights to the pilot... I think. An RDA-related display isn't a bad idea if Paramount decides to get frisky.

Honestly, I prefer that my money goes to RDA's charities anyway. At least that way, I know the money is going to a good cause.

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
KiwiTek
Posted: 22 May 2015 - 03:57 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Runners

QUOTE (Jediferret)
Zlotoff actually has the rights to the pilot... I think

Zlotoff owns everything new, CBS (which owns Paramount) owns the TV show, which means the sets, images and characters (except MacGyver, because Zlotoff owns that) are owned by CBS.

So I guess technically Paul could be shafted from both sides at once. Which sucks when you consider this was being done for charity by the star of the show AND as has already been mentioned CBS aren't interested in giving the fans anything.

You'd think they could let one slide for a charity which is very much inline with what the show itself promoted. dry.gif

MDDHosting - Professional Wed Hosting Solutions

PM                                                                     
legends
Posted: 22 May 2015 - 05:03 PM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (KiwiTek @ 23 May 2015 - 11:57 AM)
QUOTE (Jediferret)
Zlotoff actually has the rights to the pilot... I think

Zlotoff owns everything new, CBS (which owns Paramount) owns the TV show, which means the sets, images and characters (except MacGyver, because Zlotoff owns that) are owned by CBS.

So I guess technically Paul could be shafted from both sides at once. Which sucks when you consider this was being done for charity by the star of the show AND as has already been mentioned CBS aren't interested in giving the fans anything.

You'd think they could let one slide for a charity which is very much inline with what the show itself promoted. dry.gif

Thanks to everyone for posting your comments regarding this issue.

For clarification, the communication received came from CBS, not Mr Zlotoff directly. The issue concerned the unlicensed use of the name MacGyver, as well as the image. We duly acknowledged their concerns and proprietary rights and immediately terminated the project. Should there be any interest forthcoming from Mr Zlotoff or CBS concerning the negotiation of a license agreement, we would be happy to consider this. Although the project in its current form has been terminated, we would be open to reviving it under reasonable terms that would still allow this to be sold at an attractive price for buyers. We do not waiver from our view that there is little (if anything) in the collectible market for MacGyver fans and it was in light of this that we attempted to create something to address this.

As you have noted, there is a charity aspect to everything we do with Richard and this project was included in that program. In the absence of reaching an accord with CBS or Mr Zlotoff, then the MacGyver knife display will remain a closed matter. We may however consider creating some form of memorabilia display that focusses on Richard (as has been suggested on this forum). But for now, we are moving forward with other (non related) projects.

Again, my thanks to those members of this forum who have taken the time to comment on this matter.

Paul Brown
Legends Canada

Legends Canada

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Mac2Nite
Posted: 29 July 2015 - 09:04 AM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

Favorites

Now I'm going to shamefully show my ignorance: what does CBS have to do with MacGyver? I thought it was an ABC TV series... blush.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 29 July 2015 - 12:06 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

CBS/Paramount actually owns MacGyver... ABC just aired it. Actually, I think ABC is either owned or connected to Disney. I didn't know this either... Thanks Wikipedia!!!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
KiwiTek
Posted: 29 July 2015 - 01:03 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Runners

Yeah I only found out recently that Disney was the parent company of CBS.

Here's the run down.

TV shows are made by production companies who then sell to TV channels to broadcast.

In MacGyver's case the production company which made it was Paramount and the TV channel which broadcast it was ABC.

Paramount was initially purchased by CBS Corporation becoming 'CBS Paramount' and handing all ownership/copyrights to CBS, which is how CBS now own MacGyver.

CBS Corporation and ABC broadcasting are now both owned by Disney but apparently still continue to operate as separate companies.

That's show biz!

MDDHosting - Professional Wed Hosting Solutions

PM                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 29 July 2015 - 08:28 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Tinker/Pioneer

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Human Factor

Strange but I always thought MacGyver was a show that should have been owned by Disney.

Now if only they could work to make a reboot.

"The bag's not for what I take, Colson - it's for what I find along the way."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacsJeep
Posted: 30 July 2015 - 09:54 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 2
Episode:

TV companies never cease to amaze me. They have thousands of fans of their shows, but never want to actually do anything for said fans if it isn't lining their pockets. I used to run a fan site for a WB show. They were actually quite nice about the content I had up, and I was even given an account with them to get promo images for each episode to post etc.

Then one day some newbie in the office decided he was going to play big shot. I got an e-mail out of the blue threatening me with legal action if I didn't take the images down immediately. Even though they'd given me the account on the first place!

It did get sorted, but its so sad that fans can't enjoy being fans because of red tape!

I hope legends does something with RDA like this again, I'd love it!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Mac2Nite
Posted: 17 February 2017 - 07:49 AM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

Favorites

I'm getting ready to sell one of my MacGyver Legends framed collectibles and wanted to offer it over here first, before listing it on eBay. If anyone's interested... Let me know... sakopen.gif MacG.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Mac2Nite
Posted: 17 February 2017 - 03:26 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

Favorites

Peter...Rec'd a PM [from MacGyver Online] that I am unable to respond to... help!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 17 February 2017 - 03:45 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (Mac2Nite @ 18 February 2017 - 12:26 PM)
Peter...Rec'd a PM [from MacGyver Online] that I am unable to respond to... help!

Did it give you an error?

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Mac2Nite
Posted: 28 February 2017 - 05:56 AM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

Favorites

It kept telling me to add a recipient... Even though I was replying to MasGyverOnline as the recipient...

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Mac2Nite
Posted: 13 March 2017 - 08:14 AM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

Favorites

Tried again today to respond to MacGyverOnline message and keep getting this:

"We could not find any matches for the member names you entered into the carbon copy box, please check the input before resubmitting

This personal message has not been sent" sad.gif

Guess my only option is to list it over on eBay....

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 13 March 2017 - 11:49 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Hey Mac2Nite!

I'm not sure if this is the problem you're having or not, but I've gotten that error when I've put someone's name in the "carbon copy" box. There shouldn't be any names in that box, just where the second line from the top in the "recipient's name" section.

It should look like the below. I hope this helps, as I've done this to myself in the past. lol If not, sorry! I tried!

If you want, you test it out with my username and see if it's giving you the same problem. I don't mind. wink.gif

user posted image

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 13 March 2017 - 09:17 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

Also make sure your clicking reply and not the forward option (which is right beside it.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Mac2Nite
Posted: 25 March 2017 - 01:01 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

Favorites

I clicked reply every time... No go. Oh well. Now selling both the Legends of Canada framed collectable AND the "MacGyver on Ice" paperback novel over on eBay under my username: www.elphaba smile.gif
Both are in amazing condition!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 25 March 2017 - 03:22 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

I've just run several tests and simulations through different account options and the PM'ing is working fine so it might be something to do with the browser or device you're using.

That error is indicating that something - even an empty space - has been entered into the CC box.... which is why I'm thinking it might be browser/device related.

But anyway they're on Ebay now so they should sell pretty quickly.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Mac2Nite
Posted: 26 March 2017 - 10:51 AM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

Favorites

hmm.bmp Can't explain why it keeps happening to me doh.gif but oh well... here's the message response I keep getting when I hit reply:

user posted image

Maybe they'll sell on eBay and maybe they won't. Never know with eBay wink.gif smile.gif

MacGyver on Ice:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-MacGyver-on-I...5IAAOSwc-tY1qxK

Legends of Canada framed MacGyver SAK tribute:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MacGyver-Legends-o...CcAAOSwuLZY1pn3

smileopen.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 26 March 2017 - 05:35 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

That's because your message is in the "carbon copy" box. Where you have Peter's quote is where the message should go.

I've done that before... very easy mistake to make. But that's why the message isn't being sent. You have to remove the message from the "carbon copy" box and place it below where the quote is.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (3) 1 [2] 3  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll