Please Note      

You can only post replies to topics already posted in this forum. You can not start new topics. If you would like to discuss a character which doesn't already have their own topic please start the new topic in the Houseboat forum and we will move it to this forum for you.

Breeze
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll

How did you rate this character?
user posted image [ 1 ]  [3.45%]
user posted image [ 4 ]  [13.79%]
user posted image [ 6 ]  [20.69%]
user posted image [ 15 ]  [51.72%]
user posted image [ 3 ]  [10.34%]
Total Votes: 29
Guests cannot vote 
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
Joe SAKic
Posted on 18 May 2015 - 06:10 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman 85-91

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

Yeah, I can sort of see his frustrations at the time and especially being an old school Brit (he was born in 1914). I mean of all his great, great performances, to have OWK be his sort of everlasting legacy. hmm.bmp Was it his acting performance or more the character amplified by the pop culture craze thing that fans admired most? Or do they even know or really care? Just give me your dang autograph, Sir Alec!!! laugh.gif

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination.

Whether you think you can or you can't .... you're probably right!

"Nature often addressed our problems much better than the doctor." - Henry Miller

"So shut up, live, travel, adventure, bless and don't be sorry." - Jack Kerouac

"No one is remembered for being normal" -- Albert Einstein

PMEmail PosterUsers Website                                                                     
Walter
Posted on 18 May 2015 - 01:04 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Log Jam
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat

Alec Guinness was a pompous arrogant egotistical jerk.

How much of a jerk to you have to be to assume that because you think something is rubbish the millions of fans around the world who like it must be wrong AND then you voice that opinion to the fans when they come to get autographs.

I'm sorry but that's a grade 1 a-hole.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Joe SAKic
Posted on 18 May 2015 - 07:28 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman 85-91

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

Perhaps ... and if you poop your pants once that's all anybody will remember of you .... apparently. biggrin.gif But he was a great actor and wasn't afraid of going well out of his comfort zone in the roles he chose/accepted. smile.gif

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination.

Whether you think you can or you can't .... you're probably right!

"Nature often addressed our problems much better than the doctor." - Henry Miller

"So shut up, live, travel, adventure, bless and don't be sorry." - Jack Kerouac

"No one is remembered for being normal" -- Albert Einstein

PMEmail PosterUsers Website                                                                     
denizen
Posted on 18 May 2015 - 09:13 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Tinker/Pioneer

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Human Factor
Jacket:  Brown bomber

You have to remember that when Star Wars was made, NOBODY wanted to do it.

Alec was not as big as he was back in the day and took the role thinking it would be a forgotten little money maker.

Remember, he came from a lavish and respectable background. Lawrence of Arabia, Doctor Zhivago, Great Expectations.

But cinema was changing. The science fiction he came to know was a thing of the past. He did not foresee where film was going which is why he could not take it seriously. Even when filming Star Wars, Lucas stated his frustration in getting the cast to act seriously because they thought it was silly. They ultimately felt it would end up being another 50's sci-fi bomb.

Of course, to his last day, his personal feelings never really changed, I guess. But who do we love? The actor or the character? smile.gif

Now should we get back on topic? biggrin.gif

"The bag's not for what I take, Colson - it's for what I find along the way."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Walter
Posted on 21 May 2015 - 03:44 AM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Episode:Log Jam

There does seem to be something "off" about this character, but I can't place my finger on what it is. He seemed to be all over the place. Hardened inner city gang member one minute and staunch eco-warrior the next. That inconsistency was certainly part of the "offness" of the character, but not the only thing.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted on 21 May 2015 - 05:45 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity

If themacgyverproject ever interviews Chris Haddock for his blog we might get some answers since he wrote The Challenge.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (2) 1 [2]  Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll