DXS Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 7
Episode:The Stringer
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  Second Loft

I liked this epo. I do think also that there should have been more time and thought put into it. The last epo of MacGyver should have been 2 hours long. That way you have more time for everyone to say there goodbys. The part in the epo where Sam tells Mac that he is his father and cut into the next day at the warehouse was all wrong.There should have been more time there.I mean Sam is his son he never new about.I would have wanted to see Mac and Sam talke that night.Pleanty of lee-way for fan fiction there too. I am still writing my story about Mac And Sam with some other people in it. It is still in the editing process.

Walk in Love,Walk in service,and you will walk in honor. My beloved son Angus.

An Army Of One
Be Army Strong.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
dinoman
Posted on 23 October 2008 - 06:21 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:
Jacket:  Leather Biker
House:  Loft

QUOTE (SHEILA @ 21 July 2008 - 03:22 PM)
I liked this epo. I do think also that there should have been more time and thought put into it. The last epo of MacGyver should have been 2 hours long. That way you have more time for everyone to say there goodbys. The part in the epo where Sam tells Mac that he is his father and cut into the next day at the warehouse was all wrong.There should have been more time there.I mean Sam is his son he never new about.I would have wanted to see Mac and Sam talke that night.Pleanty of lee-way for fan fiction there too. I am still writing my story about Mac And Sam with some other people in it. It is still in the editing process.

I agree. This episode is a bit too 'rush' to be the series finale. I would like to see more details in how SAM told Mac that he is his father, and how Mac decided to leave the Foundation and Pete, an organization and a partner that he worked with for a long long time.

Can't believe I have finished my first round. Anyway, nice to see Mac in his black leather jacket and on bike. Does he has a jacket similar to the one SAM is wearing?

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 10 February 2009 - 10:47 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

When Sam's dealing with MacGyver's broken arm, and MacGyver asked him where he learned to do it... I wonder if MacGyver was having a "so this is why people ask me those sorts of questions" moment. laugh.gif

I guess you could call it an Out-of-Mac experience. laugh.gif

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
SMeeceymouse
  Posted on 11 February 2009 - 07:17 AM                                    
Quote Post

Retired Member

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

I thought the episode was rushed and there could've been more interaction between Mac and Sam. (the locket picture of RDA was from when he was on General Hospital). I would have thought there would have been some friction between Sam and Mac, maybe even anger towards Sam's mother for not letting Mac know he had a son. Why didn't Mac explain to Sam why guns weren't the answer?

The way it ended with all the history between Pete and Mac was a let down. Pete was a father figure and life long friend of Mac's there was no emotion when they said good by. Even the two MacGyver movies didn't have Pete in them. I just don't think there was enough closure between two life long firends for it to end the way it did. Too many unanswered questions

PM                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 11 February 2009 - 12:33 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (SMeeceymouse @ 12 February 2009 - 04:17 AM)
Why didn't Mac explain to Sam why guns weren't the answer?

blink.gif He did. Straight after he caught Sam with the gun he launched into a speech about "murder isn't justice" and "We should be better than that".

The way it ended with all the history between Pete and Mac was a let down.  Pete was a father figure and life long friend of Mac's there was no emotion when they said good by. 

Yeah I felt that too.

After everything those too had been through to have MacGyver just coldly say things change, so long and thanks for all the fish. I thought was a pretty out of character.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Astra
Posted on 11 February 2009 - 01:25 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Ambassador

Favorites
Episode:

To me this always only was a temporary good-bye. Surely he would come back after six months of travelling? Even that can get boring, ya know...

Funny pics with Stargate actionfigures at http://dieastra.livejournal.com/

PMEmail PosterICQ                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 11 February 2009 - 02:03 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

Yeah I thought about that side of it too.

But he resigned from the foundation, so it wasn't just a vocational leave of absence, it was permanent. He had no intentions of going back to work there.

So even when he returned to LA (if he returned) he probably wouldn't see Pete as regularly.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
SMeeceymouse
Posted on 11 February 2009 - 04:12 PM                                    
Quote Post

Retired Member

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

It was just sad seeing Pete standing there with a no named driver and that being that. What I meant when I said why didn't Mac tell Sam about guns not being the answer, was the inicident from his childhood (Mac's) I know doesn't make sence. jeep.gif

PM                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 11 February 2009 - 04:17 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (SMeeceymouse @ 12 February 2009 - 01:12 PM)
What I meant when I said why didn't Mac tell Sam about guns not being the answer, was the inicident from his childhood (Mac's) I know doesn't make sence. jeep.gif

Because thats why he personally doesn't like or use a gun.

It doesn't have anything to do with what he thinks justice is or isn't, or his belief that killing people (in any way for any reason) is a bad idea.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
SMeeceymouse
Posted on 11 February 2009 - 04:23 PM                                    
Quote Post

Retired Member

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

True. But the incident from Mac's childhood involved a friend dying after accidently being shot. Isn't that why Mac stayed away from guns? Wouldn't he want his son to know that? sak.gif

This post has been edited by MacNymph on 22 June 2009 - 08:26 PM

PM                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 11 February 2009 - 04:59 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

The argument he was making was about killing people isn't justice. Not about "I hate guns."

His friends death was completely irrelevant to that argument because he was talking about any kind of killing not just shooting.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
SMeeceymouse
Posted on 11 February 2009 - 06:25 PM                                    
Quote Post

Retired Member

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

Again you put it into what I wanted to say in a better way.

This post has been edited by MacNymph on 22 June 2009 - 08:25 PM

PM                                                                     
Astra
Posted on 12 February 2009 - 12:59 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Ambassador

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (Rockatteer @ 12 February 2009 - 12:03 AM)
But he resigned from the foundation, so it wasn't just a vocational leave of absence, it was permanent. He had no intentions of going back to work there.

Even if he might have had no intention at the time, people sometimes change their minds. I do it all the time wink.gif

I think the actual question should be how much longer Pete is able to continue his work there. I always saw Mac more working for Pete than for Phoenix. So when Pete is gone, why should he stick around?

Still I can picture once in a while somebody coming and pleading that he is their last hope and HAS to help with something in special cases, and he might do, he just might press the point more that they need to use all their other options first.

Mac is also not going any younger. How much longer can he continue the jump and run and fight? He can do any work now, for nature or animals, without being a member of Phoenix, he can help friends and neighbours and people along the road as he used to, and he still can visit Pete regularly. I don't see a problem there.

SAM also might settle down one day, having a wife and children... giving Mac the family he never had. I like to picture him showing his grandkids all the tricks his grandfather showed him.

What a great image.

Funny pics with Stargate actionfigures at http://dieastra.livejournal.com/

PMEmail PosterICQ                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 12 February 2009 - 01:12 AM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

Yeah I can picture him being a lot like Harry as a grandfather, only not so grumpy. laugh.gif

Didn't MacGyver end up working with some environmental agency after he got back from his road trip with Sam?

Just trying to think of the name of it... something about the sea.. and pirates... hmm.bmp oh... Sea Sheppard's!

laugh.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Miasma
Posted on 23 February 2009 - 01:00 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

Sam was okay. But what bothered me about the whole "lost son" thing was how it overshadowed Mac & Pete's friendship. Mac brushes Pete off too easily after meeting Sam. It's kind of like, "Oh well, it's been good knowing you. I've got better things to do now. Bye." I know they had to wrap things up, but I just felt Mac could have shown a BIT more emotion about leaving the Phoenix Foundation (though, truth be told, he hardly seemed to work for the Phoenix Foundation by that point in the series anyway.)

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
SMeeceymouse
Posted on 26 February 2009 - 07:06 AM                                    
Quote Post

Retired Member

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

I agree completely. Pete was more or less the only family that Mac had. Then just to leave the way he did. I know he needed to get to know his son, but Pete could have been part of that too. Who knew Mac better then Pete, and what about Jack Dalton, they could have ended the series with them telling Sam about their adventures together. sak.gif

This post has been edited by MacNymph on 22 June 2009 - 08:25 PM

PM                                                                     
Miasma
Posted on 26 February 2009 - 01:56 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

Good point about Jack. If Pete can be seen as Mac's father-figure, than surely Jack is Mac's annoying little brother, right? So he should have somehow been part of things at the end. The only problem I'd have with your suggestion of Pete and Jack telling Sam about Mac's adventures is that it would have ended up being a clip-show. As much as I didn't care for the ending of the Stringer, at least the episode was a new adventure and not just flashbacks.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 26 February 2009 - 03:31 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

Not to mention Jack has issues with things like fact and truth, so the stories he told wouldn't exactly be accurate by any stretch of the imagination.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Miasma
Posted on 27 February 2009 - 09:28 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

True. But I could still see how that would be worked into a clip show. Jack would be saying to Sam, "Hey, kid, you should have seen the time I saved your old man from being killed in a mine." Then Mac would interupt, "Now, wait a second, Jack, that's NOT how it happened..." and then we'd get a flashback showing how it really happened. Then Mac would say something like, "But, there WAS a time when Jack DID help out..."and we'd see a flashback of "On A Wing & A Prayer."
It would be a pretty corny episode, I think.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 27 February 2009 - 01:00 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

yep, it would be a remake of the Hind-sight episode. sad.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
SMeeceymouse
Posted on 28 February 2009 - 12:55 PM                                    
Quote Post

Retired Member

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

Yeah, but Jack and Pete should have played a bigger part. And they could have narrated the flash back to. Like RDA did in the gambit when the series first aired.

PM                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 14 September 2009 - 07:22 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

I do not like that Sean Angus Mollay.

I do not like him here nor there,
I do not like him anywhere.

I do not like Sean Angus Mollay

I do not like that SAM I say.

biggrin.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacsChick
Posted on 15 September 2009 - 05:26 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Passages
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat

laugh.gif Bravo, Rock! My sentiments exactly!

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

--Henry David Thoreau

brains+brawn+beauty+personality=MacGyver

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Beachbead
Posted on 16 September 2009 - 01:20 PM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

Nice one Rocky I feel the same way.

MacLovin
Posted on 11 February 2010 - 01:52 PM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

SAK owned: pink knockoff

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:Pilot
Jacket:  Brown bomber

I really like this episode. My favorite scene is where SAM is telling Mac he's his father. You can see him putting the peices together when he realizes who his mother is and how uncomfortable he is.

Is this a realistic episode? No, but are any of the MacGyver episodes that beleivable? Yes, it's pretty silly that Kate wouldn't tell MacGyver she was pregnant with his child. The timeline of the collage girlfriends doesn't make sense. Mac must've gotten a lot of tail back in the day. Maybe some of them overlapped and that was why she didn't tell him she was pregnant? lol

I do love how they saved the most absurd Macgyverism, the water pressure jetpack, for the finale.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacBeth
Posted on 11 February 2010 - 10:17 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Swiss Memory

Favorites
Episode: must I choose?
Vehicle: Motorcycle

Given what the episode establishes about Kate Malloy, it's not unrealistic at all. The choice she made isn't the choice most women would make, particularly not at that time. But 'most women' wouldn't have had their hearts set on a career as an international photojournalist. Given the era, she was flying in the face of social norms anyway.

Speaking of flying, I put the flying-by-waterjet third, at most, on the list of Silliest MacGyverisms Ever. The rosary-bead laser and the "optical pump" laser in Legend of the Holy Rose are much more ludicrous, as well as pathetic. At least there's a cheerful, over-the-top feeling to Mac's last great MacGyverism being a way for him to fly. It's pure cheese, but it's cheese with a heart.

user posted image

[No wilderness] is so dangerous as a city home "with all the modern improvements".
One should go to the woods for safety, if for nothing else.
-- John Muir
---
LOLMac daily:
lolmac.livejournal.com
icanhastofu.tumblr.com

Writing & personal blog:
BethInExile

PMEmail PosterUsers Website                                                                     
Traveller
Posted on 12 February 2010 - 01:08 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Explorer

Favorites
Season: season 6
Episode:Trail of Tears

I agree with you on Kate's decision, Beth. And I have a real life example.
Last summer a good friend of mine met his 41-year old daughter for the first time. He never knew he had a child. Her mother, the love of his life, chose to disappear when she found out she was pregnant, 'cause she didn't want to burden him. My friend never succeeded in finding her.

After her death her daughter started looking for her father. I was present when they met for the first time, man, I was covered in goosebumps. They have so many things in common. She is a director, he is an actor. And now she has directed a play with her father in the starring role.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
SHEILA
Posted on 12 February 2010 - 07:53 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 7
Episode:The Stringer
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  Second Loft

I too have a real life story. I found out that I have a hafl bouther. I have never met him but i did find him in the us army. I have loved the Sam andMac story line. I ahve stories benig edited right now . But it does sim that there are not a whole lot of pepole who like the Sam and Mac story.

Walk in Love,Walk in service,and you will walk in honor. My beloved son Angus.

An Army Of One
Be Army Strong.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacBeth
Posted on 12 February 2010 - 10:04 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Swiss Memory

Favorites
Episode: must I choose?
Vehicle: Motorcycle

I wouldn't say that at all, Sheila. I think people either really like Mac and Sam, or don't like it at all; and from what I've seen, it's about three to one in favour. (Noise level doesn't create a majority, after all.) I think there's a tendency for people to wish that the show had never ended, and project that hostility onto Sam. And there are the people who want to write Mary Sues, for whom the existence of a canonical son is an inconvenience (and for whom I feel no sympathy at all). But I've been getting plenty of very good feedback on ff.net since I started posting Mac and Sam stories; and there are several other writers doing the same.

Traveller, that's a lovely, lovely story -- thank you for sharing that!

[No wilderness] is so dangerous as a city home "with all the modern improvements".
One should go to the woods for safety, if for nothing else.
-- John Muir
---
LOLMac daily:
lolmac.livejournal.com
icanhastofu.tumblr.com

Writing & personal blog:
BethInExile

PMEmail PosterUsers Website                                                                     
Traveller
Posted on 13 February 2010 - 02:54 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Explorer

Favorites
Season: season 6
Episode:Trail of Tears

Yes, it's the stuff feelgood movies are made of. Maybe I should give it a try, to write it I mean.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (7) 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... Last » Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll