DXS Agent

SAK owned: Ambassador

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

QUOTE (MacGyverGrrl @ 28 October 2007 - 07:47 AM)
My husband just realized that RDA is going to be at the convention and.................HE WANTS TO GO TO THE CONVENTION!!!!!!!!!!!

laugh.gif Did you neglect to mention that little tidbit of information? I thought you were running to him squeeing "Rick will be there! I want to see Rick!"

May I ask a question? I was pondering if I really should do it, and I'm sorry, I really don't want to accuse or offend anybody or anything, but I'm wondering why you all have to ask your husband for permission? Don't you have any own money for special occasions like this? I think everybody should have some money he can spend in his own way.

Don't get me wrong, I think it is really nice that all your husbands are willing to go with you, even if they don't watch the series or only want to take a vacation instead.

But if I had the money then nobody could held me back to go there, even alone.

Again, please don't take it the wrong way, I'm just curious (and single).

Funny pics with Stargate actionfigures at http://dieastra.livejournal.com/

PMEmail PosterICQ                                                                     
jackwabbit
Posted: 28 October 2007 - 11:00 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Widowmaker
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat

I don't take it the wrong way at all.

It's a very valid question and one I wish you didn't have to ask but here in the real world has merit.

And my much longer response has been pm'd to you, as much as I'd like to leave it up for some of the guys to read. It's better that way. biggrin.gif

"Now, come on, Pete! Look at me! I'm a hurtin' guy! I'm beat up! I need a month's worth of sleep! And I need a haircut!" MacGyver, 'Serenity'

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
trtlsoup
Posted: 28 October 2007 - 05:16 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned: Super Tinker

Favorites
Episode: Widowmaker
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Leather Biker

For me, it's not a matter of permission. It's a matter of joint finances. And that amount of money needs a serious sit-down and probably a world class juggling act to see if we can afford it.

I could say that I want to go... but the first thing he'd ask is how? And then comes the sit-down.

If we had the $$$, he'd put me on the plane in a heartbeat, and if he could... join me as well. He knows that I'm a fan of RDA, Stargate SG-1, and a Sea Shepherd supporter. And he could really use the time off... a vacation would be great, even if it meant sitting in a crowded convention hall with me sqeeeeeing my fool head off. biggrin.gif

"My Jeep went over a cliff, I died... and went to Thanksgiving?"

PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo                                                                     
MacNymph
Posted: 28 October 2007 - 05:59 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Episode:Rock The Cradle (today)

QUOTE (jackwabbit @ 29 October 2007 - 07:00 AM)
And my much longer response has been pm'd to you, as much as I'd like to leave it up for some of the guys to read. It's better that way. biggrin.gif

Yes it is.

~ MacNymph ~

Sometimes the uncontrollable urge to mess with people outweighs the millstone of humility.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacNymph
Posted: 28 October 2007 - 06:02 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (Astra @ 29 October 2007 - 04:12 AM)
May I ask a question? I was pondering if I really should do it, and I'm sorry, I really don't want to accuse or offend anybody or anything, but I'm wondering why you all have to ask your husband for permission? Don't you have any own money for special occasions like this? I think everybody should have some money he can spend in his own way.

Again, please don't take it the wrong way, I'm just curious (and single).

Mutual respect and partnership of marriage. wink.gif

~ MacNymph ~

Sometimes the uncontrollable urge to mess with people outweighs the millstone of humility.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
jackwabbit
Posted: 28 October 2007 - 06:14 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

Favorites

What Nymph said.

And the finances thing Turtle said.

But you knew that already from our little chat in the PM, huh?

biggrin.gif

"Now, come on, Pete! Look at me! I'm a hurtin' guy! I'm beat up! I need a month's worth of sleep! And I need a haircut!" MacGyver, 'Serenity'

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGrrl
Posted: 28 October 2007 - 07:25 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned: Explorer

Favorites
Season: season 6
Episode:Humanity
Jacket:  Brown bomber

Yes and then add in the logistics of child care for 4 days, airfare, potential car rental, cost of tickets, and the fact that Jade has to take time off work to go, and it becomes a situation where we need to come to mutual agreement.

When I talked to Jade, I wasn't really asking permission so much as I said there is an event I would like to attend. I explained what it was and that I would like to do this instead of taking trip somewhere else for our anniversary.

We talked some more and I did tell him RDA would be there. My husband didn't make the connection until he saw RDA on Stargate and then he's all "I want to go too". So of course I said cool.

Anytime one of us wants to do something that involves travel and costs more than our predetermined spending limit, we discuss it and work out the details. Same case here. We have passed the initial discussion and are now in the "working out the details" phase. Once we have that down, then its make the travel arrangements and we're there.

Ticket prices are a little steeper than I expected. Guess I better get cracking and sell a lot of jewelry. Anybody want to buy a bracelet? biggrin.gif

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Albert Einstein

The stuff is already here, I just find a different way to use it. MacGyver

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
jackwabbit
Posted: 30 October 2007 - 04:49 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

Favorites

I don't wear much jewelry, and I've saving, too...

But I might help a fellow fan out...

We all have to stick together, you know.

What'cha make?

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
trtlsoup
Posted: 30 October 2007 - 03:39 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

Favorites

I'd to see what kind of stuff you make, too... smile.gif

MacGyverOnline
Posted: 30 October 2007 - 04:52 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

Hey why don't you combine your passions and make some MacGyver jewelery. wink.gif

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGrrl
Posted: 30 October 2007 - 07:44 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

Favorites

I am currently into chain maille, big time. I also work in silver and gemstone jewelry. I only work in gold if it is a custom order and the client prepays because the materials are so expensive.

Chain maille is jewelry made from individual rings linked together in a repeating pattern. There are many different types of chains. I know the Byzantine, Byzantine Rose, European 4 in 1, Euro 6 in 1 and Euro 8 in 1, King's Maille, Queen's weave (aka Box weave), half Persian, parallel weave, and variations of Japanese maille. I have also made 3 in 3 and 2 in 2 chains.

I've woven chain in copper, steel, sterling silver and gold filled wire. My favorite is the sterling. I love the way silver shines and how it ages to a nice soft glow as it is worn and picks up the oils from skin. Silver that is worn frequently does not tarnish because the action of the metal rubbing against skin keeps it oiled and polished.

I need to get some photos of my current work and I'll post them soon.

Hmmmmm, MacGyver jewelry. I'm gonna have to think on ths for a few. Mac did wear that red cuff bracelet in season 6. I have also seen RDA in interviews wearing what looks like trade beads on a leather cord. That I can do. I have some really nice old glass trade beads that would look great on leather. Maybe little tiny SAK charms on a hand woven chain. hmm.bmp

Heads off to sketch out ideas...........

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 30 October 2007 - 08:36 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

Yeah SAKS... little rolls of Duct tape... stuff like that smile.gif

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Lothithil
Posted: 30 October 2007 - 09:15 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Camper&Swissbit

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity

Mebbe a Phoenix Foundation lapel pin biggrin.gif

A "What Would MacGyver Do" charm bracelet with little SAKs, Duct tape roll, paperclips, handcuffs, etc. happy.gif So cute!

Everyone, sometimes, needs a camel.

Old troubleshooters never die...
They just wait til the last moment and then rescue themselves!

jackwabbit
Posted: 31 October 2007 - 02:42 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

Favorites

Grrl-

If you post some pics, I really might be interested.

Silver rules, for the record, in my humble opinion.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Macs_fan
Posted: 31 October 2007 - 02:49 PM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Macgyver's Women

You know I would love go to Gatecon 08, I don't have a husband to hold me back just my mother...I think it would be an one-of-a-lifetime exprience. Meeting RDA and seeing him in person, and let alone travelling I have never been out of the country. smile.gif It would amazing! biggrin.gif

PMEmail PosterYahoo                                                                     
MacBeth
Posted: 31 October 2007 - 03:39 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Swiss Memory

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode: must I choose?
Vehicle: Motorcycle
Jacket:  Black leather

QUOTE (Macs_fan @ 31 October 2007 - 03:49 PM)
You know I would love go to Gatecon 08, I don't have a husband to hold me back just my mother...I think it would be an one-of-a-lifetime exprience. Meeting RDA and seeing him in person, and let alone travelling I have never been out of the country.  smile.gif  It would amazing!  biggrin.gif

US citizens will need a passport to enter Canada by air. If you're entering Canada by land or sea, you can get by with legal US ID and a birth certificate -- but that could change by next summer. If you don't already have a passport, now's the time to start the application process! The last thing anyone wants is to be turned back at the border. sad.gif

Here are a couple of good links:

US visitors to Canada entry requirements

US Department of State travel website

Younger forum members: if you're under age 18, there are additional requirements. wacko.gif

[No wilderness] is so dangerous as a city home "with all the modern improvements".
One should go to the woods for safety, if for nothing else.
-- John Muir
---
LOLMac daily:
lolmac.livejournal.com
icanhastofu.tumblr.com

Writing & personal blog:
BethInExile

PMEmail PosterUsers Website                                                                     
MacGyverGrrl
Posted: 31 October 2007 - 06:27 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

Favorites

Exactly what I was thinking Beth. I will be renewing mine this Friday. It has been taking on average 6-8 monthsto get a passport. The passport office also has an expeditied service, where you pay an additional fee and you are supposed to get your passport faster.

It doesn't always work though. There have been some cases in Utah where people have written their Congressmen to get their passports.

Lothi, Rock--I love the idea of the charm bracelet.

I will be taking some pictures this weekend and posting them.

Jackwabbit, if you wear earrings, I have several pair that are very cool and budget friendly. I'll post pics of them too.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacNymph
Posted: 31 October 2007 - 06:51 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (MacGyverGrrl @ 1 November 2007 - 02:27 PM)
Exactly what I was thinking Beth.  I will be renewing mine this Friday.  It has been taking on average 6-8 monthsto get a passport.  The passport office also has an expeditied service, where you pay an additional fee and you are supposed to get your passport faster.

There was a bad back up. When they said you needed a passport to go places like the Bahamas, Canada huh.gif and Mexico, last January there was a surge that caused a backlog. So they suspended that restriction during the summer travel months. Now that the "busy" travel season is over and they've restructured the process, the law is back in effect and the wait time is down to two to three weeks.

To be on the safe side, still give yourself at least four to six weeks but you can skip the expedited processing fee.

~ MacNymph ~

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Lothithil
Posted: 31 October 2007 - 06:59 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Camper&Swissbit

Favorites
Episode:Serenity

Thanks for thinking of this for me, Beth! I kept forgetting to ask about it!

biggrin.gif

Everyone, sometimes, needs a camel.

Old troubleshooters never die...
They just wait til the last moment and then rescue themselves!

trtlsoup
Posted: 31 October 2007 - 07:22 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (jackwabbit @ 31 October 2007 - 06:42 PM)
Grrl-

If you post some pics, I really might be interested.

Silver rules, for the record, in my humble opinion.

Me too! Silver ROOLZ!

Musta changed the rules a bit since I was last in Canada. No passport, just a valid drivers licence or ID. (We used to to Quebec all the time when we live in New York... But that was pre 9/11) ...and my mom's "boyfriend" would fly a Cessna over the border.

I hope RDA will do more public appearances. I know it's for Sea Shepherd's benefit, and maybe Avalon made him more comfortable to be in such a large setting. If its a good experience for him and garners more support for Sea Shepherd... well, ya' never know!

Here's to hoping those who can't go will have another chance. biggrin.gif

Astra
Posted: 1 November 2007 - 04:31 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

Favorites
Episode:

Gatecon will be delaying the release of tickets to Gatecon: The Family Reunion for a few more weeks.

The main reasons are because there are other conventions happening over the next week or so that may not allow attendees at those conventions to get to computer terminals or have internet access to purchase tickets. Tickets are sure to sell out fast so we don't want to disadvantage those who might need a few extra weeks to save for their tickets.

We also realize that there will be a high demand on tickets with Richard Dean Anderson attending (and our other fantastic guests), and this extra time will allow us to make sure the ticketing systems are in place and the servers tested for high loads! We will also use this time to get our website fully updated with a new FAQ section for any answers you need and have full information about the event including location, hotel, draft itinerary and ticket inclusions.

At this stage we are planning to have ticket sales online towards the end of November. We will be announcing the date and time of the release to the Gatecon mailing list first, so if you aren't already, sign up for the Gatecon updates at www.gatecon.com.

PMEmail PosterICQ                                                                     
Macs_fan
Posted: 1 November 2007 - 07:59 AM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Macgyver's Women

QUOTE (trtlsoup @ 31 October 2007 - 10:22 PM)
I hope RDA will do more public appearances. I know it's for Sea Shepherd's benefit,  and maybe Avalon him more comfortable to be in such  a large setting. If its a good experience for him and garners more support for Sea Shepherd... well, ya' never know!

Here's to hoping those who can't go will have another chance.  biggrin.gif

Here's to that turtle!

PMEmail PosterYahoo                                                                     
jackwabbit
Posted: 1 November 2007 - 09:43 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

Favorites

Yep, I got that e-mail from Gatecon, too, which works for me because I'm going to a con this weekend and won't really be back until Nov 5 (late, late Nov 4, but...)

So, that works. Also give me more time to get funds/ideas in order.

And on that note, I bid thee fair day and be well until next week.

Off to a Stargate con!

SQUEEE!

(Note the proportionally smaller squee, but then again, it's tomorrow, so...)

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and I have a passport. All ready to go.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
trtlsoup
Posted: 1 November 2007 - 11:19 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (the 'wabbit)
SQUEEE!

(Note the proportionally smaller squee, but then again, it's tomorrow, so...)

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I package a "SQUEEE!" in a box, will you release it for me when you get to Vancouver? wink.gif biggrin.gif

MacBeth
Posted: 1 November 2007 - 12:08 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Swiss Memory

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode: must I choose?
Vehicle: Motorcycle

QUOTE (trtlneck @ 31 October 2007 - 08:22 PM)
Musta changed the rules a bit since I was last in Canada. No passport, just a valid drivers licence or ID. (We used to to Quebec all the time when we live in New York... But that was pre 9/11)

Oh, yeah -- they have in spades.

If I package a "SQUEEE!" in a box, will you release it for me when you get to Vancouver?

You bet! After everyone in range puts in earplugs.

[No wilderness] is so dangerous as a city home "with all the modern improvements".
One should go to the woods for safety, if for nothing else.
-- John Muir
---
LOLMac daily:
lolmac.livejournal.com
icanhastofu.tumblr.com

Writing & personal blog:
BethInExile

Astra
Posted: 1 November 2007 - 01:38 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (jackwabbit @ 1 November 2007 - 07:43 PM)
Also give me more time to get funds/ideas in order.

Well, to me it gives four more weeks trying to decide whether I should go crazy and spend all this money on this trip or not and I already had sleepless nights the past days, thank you!!!

One day I want to go no matter what and the next day I think, nah, it's too long a flight, too expensive, too big a con, and since I already have seen Rick...

And I also kinda hope that he will come back a little nearer one day...

And I don't know what to do.

It would be so great to meet you all there!

PMEmail PosterICQ                                                                     
jackwabbit
Posted: 1 November 2007 - 05:34 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

Favorites

You must do what you must do, Astra. You will make the right decision when the time comes.

And I can package up as many squees as need be. Send away anytime!

Ok, NOW I'm off to pack for the con! Just finished making my Carson Beckett tribute shirts to wear on Saturday for Paul McGillion's talk...squee!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
ebonaskavi
Posted: 4 November 2007 - 06:27 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:Halloween Knights

*whimpering quietly*

Much too far away .........

*whimpers turn to snarls.........*

headbutt.gif

Dreams are important, otherwise sleep is just eight hours of nothing.

I call it an obstacle course. Some of the others call it MacGyverland.

Must have duct tape ... Lots of duct tape.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGrrl
Posted: 4 November 2007 - 07:45 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

Favorites

OK. We are definitely going. Jade's buying airfare. I'm getting con passes. He probably has the better deal, but....................WE'RE GOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Berni
Posted: 6 November 2007 - 11:08 AM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:can't decide

Too far away ...

Too expensive ...

Too good to become true (for me) sad.gif

But I'm still waiting for a miracle. unsure.gif You never know.

Congratulations to all of you who are going. Please take some pics.

Could you hug RDA for me, please wub.gif ? biggrin.gif
I'm not going to package up any squees, I'm already worried about RDA's ears laugh.gif

I hope RDA will do more public appearances. I know it's for Sea Shepherd's benefit, and maybe Avalon made him more comfortable to be in such a large setting. If its a good experience for him and garners more support for Sea Shepherd... well, ya' never know!

Here's to hoping those who can't go will have another chance. biggrin.gif

Oh, I really hope so too. And I'm pretty sure they/we will. *positive thinking*

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (3) 1 [2] 3  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll