Special Forces Agent

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Survivors
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat

I thought I saw a con question or interview where RDA mentioned his favorite Mac episode. Does anyone remember which one?

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 21 December 2018 - 07:21 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Deadly Dreams
Jacket:  Black leather

I'm not 100% sure. I know he's mentioned the ultralight many times from Legend of the Holy Rose, but he doesn't seem to remember episode titles.

I "believe" that was his answer, but I could be wrong.

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Joe SAKic
Posted: 21 December 2018 - 08:07 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman 85-91

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

My guess, is that it's(re: RDA's thought process) probably changed over the years. I would think back in the day it would be one of the more sporting episodes because that was his passion off set. Would it surprise me if deep down inside Eagles or Black Rhino were an episode he'd give the nod to in this day and age. I mean the series did have an influence and the Golden Eagles and Black Rhinos are not yet extinct. Would really have been something if they had filmed a "Save the Whales" episode!!!! I wonder if they ever looked into it or entertained scripts on such a plot?

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination.

Whether you think you can or you can't .... you're probably right!

"Nature often addressed our problems much better than the doctor." - Henry Miller

"So shut up, live, travel, adventure, bless and don't be sorry." - Jack Kerouac

"No one is remembered for being normal" -- Albert Einstein

PMEmail PosterUsers Website                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 21 December 2018 - 11:21 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (Jediferret @ 22 December 2018 - 04:21 PM)
I'm not 100% sure. I know he's mentioned the ultralight many times from Legend of the Holy Rose, but he doesn't seem to remember episode titles.

I "believe" that was his answer, but I could be wrong.

No that's the answer he gives when he's asked about his favorite MacGyverism.

I honestly don't think he really remembers much about individual MacGyver episodes.

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Joe SAKic
Posted: 22 December 2018 - 06:12 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

Favorites
Episode:

Any sports episodes that you can remember or that stands out in your mind? Was there any environmental episodes that you felt made a difference? I think you have to MacGyver one's question to help nail down and penetrate his often passive aggressive evasivenesss and from what I've gleaned from the plethora of comicon q&a sessions.

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination.

"Nature often addressed our problems much better than the doctor." - Henry Miller

Jediferret
Posted: 22 December 2018 - 07:48 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Deadly Dreams
Jacket:  Black leather

QUOTE (MacGyverOnline @ 22 December 2018 - 02:21 AM)

I honestly don't think he really remembers much about individual MacGyver episodes.

Yes, I know that.

But, I vaguely remember someone asking him what his favorite episode was and he said it was the one with the ultralight. However, I don't remember where I heard that, or if I remembered it correctly.

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Dragondog
Posted: 22 December 2018 - 06:24 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: none

Favorites
Episode:Halloween Knights
Vehicle: Motorcycle

QUOTE (Joe SAKic @ 22 December 2018 - 08:12 AM)
I think you have to MacGyver one's question to help nail down and penetrate his often passive aggressive evasivenesss and from what I've gleaned from the plethora of comicon q&a sessions.

I had to read that a couple of times wink.gif

"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer" - Hank The Cowdog

"You have the heart of a chief, and the soul of a dragon"- How to Train Your Dragon 2

"[T]he more we try to understand one another, the more exceptional each one of us will be" - Zootopia

"Love makes you do strange things." - Charlie Brown

"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Dreamworks Dragons Race to the Edge

PM                                                                     
Joe SAKic
Posted: 22 December 2018 - 06:43 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (Dragondog @ 22 December 2018 - 10:24 PM)
I think you have to MacGyver one's question to help nail down and penetrate his often passive aggressive evasivenesss and from what I've gleaned from the plethora of comicon q&a sessions.

Let me try it again biggrin.gif

… He can be rather flippant when asked a specific question about an episode or series.
And it's fun and it works and it's good fan value entertainment and (even though) he appears to have situational amnesia about those years …. but I really think that if someone put some thought into the wording of the questions, that you might
be able to extract some real value-added information about his episode preferences.

For Example: Hi I'm a student doing a university thesis on the "Black Rhino" and my interest on this species was partially derived from the MacGyver episode of the same name. With this in mind, which episode sticks out in your mind as having the strongest most influential message? hmm.bmp

For which (knowing him), he would probably respond with a "whaaaaaaaaaaaaat?" laugh.gif …. but then the student would immediately interject with a no, no, no - PLEASE ANSWER THE QUESTION!!!! boxing.gif

MacGyver85
Posted: 22 December 2018 - 09:54 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

Favorites
Episode:Each one as I watch it!
House:  Loft

QUOTE (Dragondog @ 22 December 2018 - 09:24 PM)

Lol same! laugh.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Persona non grata
Posted: 22 December 2018 - 10:15 PM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

It is an invariable truth in all cult series that the fans remember the details of specific episodes better than anybody who was actually acting in them. (Not always true of the writers, but definitely the actors.)

Between that and probably being unwilling to upset anybody's day by giving a "wrong" answer, I suspect you'd be hard put getting a straight answer out of the guy!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Joe SAKic
Posted: 22 December 2018 - 11:24 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (Persona non grata @ 23 December 2018 - 02:15 AM)
It is an invariable truth in all cult series that the fans remember the details of specific episodes better than anybody who was actually acting in them. (Not always true of the writers, but definitely the actors.)

Between that and probably being unwilling to upset anybody's day by giving a "wrong" answer, I suspect you'd be hard put getting a straight answer out of the guy!

But MDB has a memory like a steel trap on most all his acting episodes. I bet, for example, RDA remembers all the hockey episodes because he was so passionate about the sport and both skated and acted in them. Depending on how you pose the question and grease his mind - will determine the depth of response received. If you don't nail him down, however, he's gonna run around the question and play up to the crowd .... he's a pro at that! ohmy.gif

MacGyverGod
Posted: 23 December 2018 - 04:33 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

I did notice when I was at RDA's Q&A in Ghent he sometimes mixed up episodes. He mixed up Thief of Budapest and The Gauntlet for example since both opening gambits were set in the desert. But at the time I was thinking, doesn't he really remember or is he yanking our chain? Actually I was thinking the latter but you never know of course.

That's why I think it would be real nice to see the whole show with RDA to see what jogs his memory and then he would go: "Of course, I totally forgot about that!" But then again, seeing the whole show with him is probably never gonna happen.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Joe SAKic
Posted: 24 December 2018 - 09:49 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (Jediferret @ 22 December 2018 - 11:48 AM)
QUOTE (MacGyverOnline @ 22 December 2018 - 02:21 AM)

Yes, I know that.

But, I vaguely remember someone asking him what his favorite episode was and he said it was the one with the ultralight. However, I don't remember where I heard that, or if I remembered it correctly.

Yes, the PPG(powered paraglider or ultralight) MACism in The Wasteland really jumped out in one particular Q&A. It's a good one. A bit farfetched, but not too much so. It really begs the question of what makes the perfect Macgyverism? I think it's that partly fact, partly fiction ~ je ne sais quoi ~ combined with good setting/lighting, a tantalizing score, and the urgency factor of the crisis at hand.

zoeryan
Posted: 24 December 2018 - 01:16 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Lthrman Squirt

Favorites
Episode:ETSS, Partners

He doesn't remember the episodes very well - at one con he told a story of an unrealistic macgyverism, the making a blow torch out of a bike, but he remembered it as having to escape from a prison and cut through the bars (I don't think he ever even did this?) instead of cutting through the van door in Last Stand, lol.

"I'm not perfect.... yet."

"Are you crazy?" "It's been rumored..."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
macgybl
Posted: 29 December 2018 - 02:15 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

Favorites
Episode:The Survivors

Wasn't there a TMZ style ambush interview where he talked about an episode?

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
sylvain1888
Posted: 12 October 2020 - 12:28 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 6
Episode:

Her favorite episode is Collision Course...

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 13 October 2020 - 04:36 AM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (macgybl @ 30 December 2018 - 10:15 AM)
Wasn't there a TMZ style ambush interview where he talked about an episode?

I think it was his favorite MacGyverism.. which turned out to be the bamboo ultrlight from the opening of the Holy Rose episode.

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Karenskatz
Posted: 13 April 2021 - 05:09 AM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned: TINKER!

Favorites
Episode:umm......

Every time I see an interview where that question is asked, It seems to be the old west dream episodes he points to.

When it comes down to me against the situation, I don't like the situation to win. Angus MacGuyver

If you're gonna to be a hero, sometimes you gotta do stupid things. Rocket J. Squirrel

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll