Disclaimer      

All stories in this forum are the intellectual property of the respective authors. These works may not be copied or re-presented in any way what-so-ever with out the express permission of the respective author of the work. These writings are written for the enjoyment of fans and are not intended to infringe upon any copyrights or trademarks owned by Paramount Studios, agents of, or persons authorized to act on behalf of.

Please read the Fan Fiction Rules before posting your fiction.

>> Fan Fiction Index <<

Jungle Paradise Part Nine, PG Conclusion
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
MacsChick
Posted: 5 January 2008 - 05:02 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Passages
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat

Here is the conclusion to this story. Overall, I feel pretty satisfied with my re-write. Is it as good as my first version? I'll never know. But, I think this one turned out just fine. smile.gif

Up next after this...another MacGyver and Jack Dalton caper! wink.gif

Jungle Paradise Part Nine (Conclusion)
Rated: PG

MacGyver heard a knock at his door again, but this time he saw two figures standing there. He wanted to pretend they weren’t there and continue on with his business, just as he had been doing for days. He wanted to show them that he hadn’t changed his position, that he was still angry with them for ruining his life. Then, he realized that this was the first time he had seen them together since the ride home from the hospital, and he wondered if they had reached a compromise or if it was merely another ploy to get him to soften his attitude toward them. He wasn’t looking forward to another argument erupting between them that would once again create distance. He wasn’t sure he was ready to open that door and allow them back into his life.

‘You have to forgive them,’ Laura’s voice echoed in his mind. ‘I know it isn’t easy, but you should try.’

Sighing, he approached the door and slowly opened it, breaking down the barrier that separated them. Pete and Jack smiled at him, no evidence of discomfort present between them. They appeared genuinely interested in him instead of each other’s differences.

“Pete…Jack,” he said, staring at them, his eyes admonishing them. Not feeling the need to greet them with anything more complicated than that, he turned from them and walked away, deeper inside his house boat.

Confused, Pete and Jack looked at each other. Jack shrugged.

“Well, he left the door open,” he whispered. “That’s a start.”

They watched him for a minute, noticing that he looked healthier than he had when he was first released from the hospital, some color returning to his complexion, his step steadier.

“Are you coming in, or are you just going to stand there?” He asked over his shoulder.

Pete and Jack exchanged looks again, and then they entered, silently. MacGyver turned to face them again, his face stony, his eyes cold.

“So, what do you want?” He asked, crossing his arms.

“We’ve…been doing some thinking, Mac,” Pete said. “Jack and I are willing to settle our dispute if you’re willing to accept our apologies.”

“We just want you back as a friend,” Jack said. “Look, I know it’s been hard. I can’t even begin to imagine what you’ve been through, but I do want you to know I understand why you’ve been so angry. I’m sorry, Mac. I don’t know how many times I have to say it until you believe me, but I really am. If I could go back and change what happened, I would. I should never have taken you on that trip, especially against your will. It was stupid and selfish of me, and I’m sorry. I don’t even want to think about what could have happened because of me. I feel unworthy of your friendship, and I…understand if you never want to see me again, but I just wanted a chance to apologize to you.”

“I want to apologize, too,” Pete said, looking at Jack. “To both of you. I had no right to insinuate that I was somehow a better friend. I know I’m not perfect. I’ve put you in danger too, Mac. If you don’t want to come back to us because of our history together…well, I understand, too. It’s your life and your decision.”

“You don’t know how relieved I am that you’re alive, that you pulled through this,” Jack said. “I don’t know what I would have done without you in my life, trying to reform me all the time.” He grinned. “You try to keep me straight, Mac, and I appreciate it. Pete might be right about me—I have poor judgment, but at least I have someone around to steer me in the right direction when I’m lost. You’re like a brother to me, man. I respect you. You might not have died, but not having you in my life makes it seem like you have.”

“I might not always understand why you were ever friends with Jack in the first place,” Pete said, “but I do know that you care about what happens to him, just as we care about what happens to you.”

MacGyver said nothing. He was stunned that Jack had said something so profound. Laura was right. He filled a void in their lives, just as they filled it in his. They needed each other, as miss-matched as they were. The time spent apart from them had been painful and difficult to bear. Every time he thought of another reason to be angry with them, he also remembered times when he enjoyed and needed their company. He didn’t want to live without them in his life, but he didn’t know how he could keep them around, either, especially since they caused him nothing but grief. Much of his life had been spent alone, starting with the deaths of his parents. He knew he could handle it again if he had to, but he wasn’t sure if he wanted to.

“Well…that’s all we came here to say,” Jack said. He sighed. “I guess I’ll leave you alone, now. See you around, Mac.”

“Take care of yourself,” Pete said, tears forming in his eyes. “It’s hard for me to lose you, but you have to do what you think is best. I don’t know what you’ll do next or where you’re headed, but I wish you luck.”

Both he and Jack turned to leave, and MacGyver watched them, still unsure what to say. They were exiting his life gracefully, without anger or resentment. They understood him completely, and even though it might be painful for them, they were willing to separate from him peacefully, without complaint or argument. He knew only true friends would do that. As they continued to leave, he thought about how many people he had lost in his life, unable to control the unfortunate circumstances that led to their departures, never able to see them again. Here, he knew he had a choice. He could save them, keep them from leaving him with more emptiness.

“Wait,” he said.

Pete and Jack stopped, turning to face him, hope lighting up their faces.

“You guys can’t leave, not after everything we’ve been through together. It may have been rough at times, but we’re like family. I can’t let you go.”

“Does this mean you forgive us?” Jack asked, beaming.

“Yes Jack. I forgive you—both of you.”

Like a jubilant child, Jack leapt into MacGyver’s arms in a tight embrace, nearly knocking him over.

“MacGyver, this is great! Aw man, I can’t tell you how happy and relieved I am to have my buddy back! You won’t regret this, I swear!” He said, laughing and gripping MacGyver even tighter in a bear hug, nearly lifting him off the ground.

“I’m sure I won’t, Jack,” MacGyver wheezed, feeling his lungs were being crushed by Jack’s powerful hug.

“That’s my man!” Jack said, slapping MacGyver a little too hard on the back as he released him, pushing him forward.

Smiling, Pete offered his hand. “It’s good to have you back, Mac,” he said.

MacGyver took his hand and shook it heartily, and then he pulled him in to a hug.

“It’s good to be back,” he said.

The End

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

--Henry David Thoreau

brains+brawn+beauty+personality=MacGyver

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
tandt14
Posted: 5 January 2008 - 05:09 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity
Jacket:  Brown bomber

Yay!!! Happy ending! happy_dance.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGrrl
Posted: 5 January 2008 - 07:01 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned: Explorer

Favorites
Season: season 6
Episode:Humanity
Jacket:  Brown bomber

As good as the original...............who knows. But this version is excellent. biggrin.gif

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Albert Einstein

The stuff is already here, I just find a different way to use it. MacGyver

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacsChick
Posted: 5 January 2008 - 09:25 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:Passages
Jacket:  Black leather

Thank you, guys! biggrin.gif I'll probably have my new story posted sometime tomorrow.

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

--Henry David Thoreau

brains+brawn+beauty+personality=MacGyver

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
trtlsoup
Posted: 9 January 2008 - 04:48 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned: Super Tinker

Favorites
Episode: Widowmaker
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Leather Biker

Awww... a feel good ending. I like it!

A bit different but as good as the first. biggrin.gif

"My Jeep went over a cliff, I died... and went to Thanksgiving?"

PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo                                                                     
Fran22
Posted: 18 May 2019 - 02:14 PM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

This is the first story I've read on here and its brilliant loved reading it.

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll