DXS Agent

SAK owned: Evolution 14

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Bitter Harvest
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat

I finally resaw the episode 'The Hood' and I have to say that Mac didn't save nearly as much as I remembered from the houseboat. We know that he had stuff in storage (like the welder, as stated in 'Rock the Cradle') and he had a locker outside the houseboat where he stashed more things, like his motorcycle. He arrived at his new place with a big truck that wasn't even jammed tight. Thinking back to my last move, I stuffed a truck about that size with just the contents of a tiny 1 bedroom apartment, including appliances and patio furniture. Mac has waaaay more junk (he's a self-admitted packrat!) so I can't imagine that he got even a fraction of his stuff into that truck. What I'm thinking is that the 'good smoke alarms' save a lot of his things from burning, but that he lost a good amount to smoke and water damage.

So, all that to say that I don't think the amount of things he saved and the fact that the houseboat wasn't salvageable is necessarily unrealistic.

Mac

"John Sheppard (writer) sent Richard Dean Anderson to Atlantis on MacGyver and Richard Dean Anderson sent John Sheppard (character) to Atlantis on Stargate.
My fandoms are getting to be confusing."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacNymph
Posted: 2 November 2006 - 12:16 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Rock The Cradle (today)
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

dry.gif Maybe he already off loaded all his non essential stuff at a new storage facility.

~ MacNymph ~

Sometimes the uncontrollable urge to mess with people outweighs the millstone of humility.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Mac
Posted: 2 November 2006 - 12:34 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Evolution 14

Favorites
Episode:Bitter Harvest

QUOTE (MacNymph @ Nov 2 2006, 04:26 PM)
dry.gif Maybe he already off loaded all his non essential stuff at a new storage facility.

Perhaps. wink.gif

Mac
who used to be a packrat but who, after moving six times in five years, learned to... let go laugh.gif

"John Sheppard (writer) sent Richard Dean Anderson to Atlantis on MacGyver and Richard Dean Anderson sent John Sheppard (character) to Atlantis on Stargate.
My fandoms are getting to be confusing."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 16 March 2007 - 02:45 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

QUOTE (Mac @ 3 November 2006 - 07:12 AM)
I finally resaw the episode 'The Hood' and I have to say that Mac didn't save nearly as much as I remembered from the houseboat. We know that he had stuff in storage (like the welder, as stated in 'Rock the Cradle') and he had a locker outside the houseboat where he stashed more things, like his motorcycle. He arrived at his new place with a big truck that wasn't even jammed tight.

What I'm thinking is that the 'good smoke alarms' save a lot of his things from burning, but that he lost a good amount to smoke and water damage.

But there was a comment "You saved all that?"

Which leads us to believe that there was a lot in the truck.. maybe it was packed into the front where we couldn't' see?

I've always wondered why, if he had such good smoke alarms and had time to save so much stuff... why didn't' he have time to put the fire out before it got out of control?

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Kate Mackay
Posted: 16 March 2007 - 03:10 PM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

SAK owned: Camper Red

Favorites
Episode:
Jacket:  Leather Biker

I noticed that they never stated WHY there was a fire . I mean, we all know MacGyver does NOT smoke . What started the fire ? Murdoc ? He wasn't around in the near vacinity. Or did they say what started it, and I just wasn't listening ?
- Kate Mackay

PMEmail PosterYahooMSN                                                                     
Old Fan
Posted: 16 March 2007 - 05:35 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

Favorites
Episode:Faith, Hope & Charity

Amazingly, one of the table lamps from Mac's houseboat turns up in the living room of Jack O'Neill's house - 6 years later! It was one of the items that didn't survive the fire (obviously the Bridge Studios hung onto it and re-used it never suspecting anyone would recognize it)

dry.gif jeep.gif

That which has been established will endure even with time and at a distance.

I can't tell you anything about what happens after the cameras go off, mostly because I'm usually unconscious by then.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 16 March 2007 - 05:40 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (Kate Mackay @ 17 March 2007 - 12:20 PM)
I noticed that they never stated WHY there was a fire . I mean, we all know MacGyver does NOT smoke . What started the fire ?

Is smoking the only thing that starts house fires?

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MEP
Posted: 16 March 2007 - 08:05 PM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

QUOTE (Rockatteer @ 16 March 2007 - 10:50 PM)
I noticed that they never stated WHY there was a fire . I mean, we all know MacGyver does NOT smoke . What started the fire ?

NOPE your wires can get funky and cause a fire. That happed to my Aunt's house LAST YEAR. blowup.gif

MacGyverOnline
Posted: 17 March 2007 - 12:45 AM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacsChick
Posted: 17 March 2007 - 02:02 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:Passages
Jacket:  Black leather

My parent's house burned down a couple of years ago, and the fire investigators never found a direct cause. They weren't sure what happened, and my parents are very safety-conscious about fires and know all these tips as well as what causes house fires. It's very sad, and they've gone through a grueling process with the insurance company restoring and replacing everything. They've finally rebuilt, and the house is beautiful, but what work! wacko.gif Maybe that's what happened to Mac's house boat, but then again (shameless plug), you can read my theory in my next fanfic. wink.gif

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

--Henry David Thoreau

brains+brawn+beauty+personality=MacGyver

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGrrl
Posted: 18 March 2007 - 07:00 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned: Explorer

Favorites
Season: season 6
Episode:Humanity

A few years ago, my husband worked with a man whose house was burned down because a mouse chewed through a bunch of wiring. It was an older home and nothing was salvagable. Luckily the owners were not home or they may have been seriously injured.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Albert Einstein

The stuff is already here, I just find a different way to use it. MacGyver

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGrrl
Posted: 22 March 2007 - 08:14 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

Favorites

I forgot this the last time I posted but 3 years ago I had a mouse living in the engine compartment of my car. The little ranting2.gif did $750 in damage to the wiring in the distributor cap! mad.gif

I had it repaired, but I don't think the car has ever fully recovered.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MEP
Posted: 22 March 2007 - 08:27 PM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

Ow my Grand father and aunt had squirrels last winter doing the to there cars and this winter my dad had a stray cat hiding on his Engine... but at lest it keep the mice and squirrels a way

MacGyverGrrl
Posted: 22 March 2007 - 09:48 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

Favorites

I'll take the cat any day, they don't chew wires.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Kate Mackay
Posted: 24 March 2007 - 03:40 AM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

SAK owned: Camper Red

Favorites
Episode:
Jacket:  Leather Biker

QUOTE (Rockatteer @ 17 March 2007 - 10:55 AM)
QUOTE (Mac @ 3 November 2006 - 07:12 AM)
I finally resaw the episode 'The Hood' and I have to say that Mac didn't save nearly as much as I remembered from the houseboat. We know that he had stuff in storage (like the welder, as stated in 'Rock the Cradle') and he had a locker outside the houseboat where he stashed more things, like his motorcycle. He arrived at his new place with a big truck that wasn't even jammed tight.

What I'm thinking is that the 'good smoke alarms' save a lot of his things from burning, but that he lost a good amount to smoke and water damage.

But there was a comment "You saved all that?"

Which leads us to believe that there was a lot in the truck.. maybe it was packed into the front where we couldn't' see?

I've always wondered why, if he had such good smoke alarms and had time to save so much stuff... why didn't' he have time to put the fire out before it got out of control?

I think you have an excellent point there, Rocky . I , totally , agree with you . He should have taken the time to put OUT the fire . Instead of putting HIMSELF out . Unless he was getting tired of the neighborhood and decided to just move . This presented itself as the perfect opportunity. It's like he was saying " Uuuaaagh, I had enough of ya ! " And so he just left . No more of Wilt Bozer 's bangin ' on his boat ( reference from " Hallowe'en Knights " ) . Or anything else .

Sincerely,
Katey Mackay

PMEmail PosterYahooMSN                                                                     
MacGirl
Posted: 27 March 2007 - 08:21 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Superchamp

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Too many to choose from
Vehicle: Nomad

Here's a thought.

Maybe he was in the process of moving when the fire broke out, and so a lot of his stuff was already out of the houseboat. Having moved several times myself, I know that sometimes it takes awhile to get everything loaded, especially if you don't have anyone helping you.

But I do agree it's kind of odd that he wouldn't have grabbed a fire extinguisher. Unless he was away when the fire actually started?

Do not pity the dead. Pity the living, and above all, those who live without love. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

You don't eat things like that, you call pest control! Kate in The Gauntlet

What's that?
Lateral... cranial... impact... enhancer. *whack* Last Stand

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacNymph
Posted: 29 March 2007 - 08:11 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Maybe he was able to put out the fire and that's why he saved so much stuff.

dry.gif But he didn't want to live there anymore because all the baddies knew where he lived.

And he just told people the place burnt to the ground because it was easier to explain than "psychos keep trying to kill me and they knew where I lived"

Not exactly what you want to tell your new neighbors. laugh.gif

~ MacNymph ~

Sometimes the uncontrollable urge to mess with people outweighs the millstone of humility.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Lothithil
Posted: 29 March 2007 - 09:14 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Camper&Swissbit

Favorites
Episode:Serenity

QUOTE (Rocky)

The fire was probably caused by that electronic bug that Deborah planted behind the kitchen socket in 'The Negotiator'.
We never saw if they found and removed it! happy.gif

QUOTE (MacNymph @ 29 March 2007 - 11:21 AM)
"psychos keep trying to kill me and they knew where I lived" 

LOL! I hadn't thought of that!

I just figured that he kept a lot of stuff in storage. Plus with a houseboat, I imagine even a little fire damage will go a long way toward condemning the property, making it uninhabitable.

I have to say, I never could reconcile this move. Why would MacGyver, who has said that he loves living near the water, condescend to move into some cramped loft which he has to share, considering the way he guards his privacy? Which, by the way, he doesn't have any of anymore, as everyone in LA seems to have a key to his appartment!

That... or he just never bothers to lock his door anymore! happy.gif

Everyone, sometimes, needs a camel.

Old troubleshooters never die...
They just wait til the last moment and then rescue themselves!

PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 29 March 2007 - 12:09 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

Well we know the real reason was change of filming location back to LA.

but it seems like the writers just grabbed the first idea that popped into their heads and couldn't be bothered to even stop to think if it would actually fit the characters profile.

Kinda set the tone for the whole season really.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacNymph
Posted: 29 March 2007 - 12:21 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (Rockatteer @ 30 March 2007 - 08:19 AM)
Kinda set the tone for the whole season really.

Yeah, the seventh season was less than stellar. sad.gif

*grumbles and kicks toy* stupid seventh season. mad.gif

~ MacNymph ~

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGirl
Posted: 29 March 2007 - 05:23 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Superchamp

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Too many to choose from
Vehicle: Nomad

I agree. Season seven wasn't my favorite.

It sort of felt like they were just anxious to get it over with. There were a few good eppys, but the season was awfully hit-and-miss. It had a sort of seat-of-the-pants feel, which works when Mac is getting out of trouble, but it's a bad strategy for writing a TV show.

Do not pity the dead. Pity the living, and above all, those who live without love. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

You don't eat things like that, you call pest control! Kate in The Gauntlet

What's that?
Lateral... cranial... impact... enhancer. *whack* Last Stand

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacsChick
Posted: 29 March 2007 - 05:50 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:Passages

You know, it seems to me that season one and season seven share a similar problem--neither of them are completely faithful to the MacGyver character in terms of his personality. With the first season, that's understandable because first seasons of any show are always trying to get a feel for the character and learn who he is (remember how we've discussed before how the season one Mac seems a little too cocky compared to later seasons?)

By the time a show reaches its last season, however, we're familar with the characters. We know who they are, and if they're written well, they seem like real people to us. Usually, writers for the show are familiar with the style of the character as well and remain consistent with personality traits. Season seven of MacGyver, however, once again shows a MacGyver that isn't completely like the MacGyver we've come to know during all those previous seasons. He seems to me, once again, like the Pilot version of Mac--not cocky--just not well defined.

I completely agree that MacGyver is a loner who would not like the communal living in season seven. He IS a contradiction in that he's not a complete recluse--he will help and befriend people, but he still prefers time alone. Maybe the writers thought he was being experimental with that move, or they were exploring his contradictory nature, but I still don't think it worked. It didn't suit the MacGyver we know well at all.

Okay, I've talked everybody to death! laugh.gif

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

--Henry David Thoreau

brains+brawn+beauty+personality=MacGyver

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 29 March 2007 - 05:57 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

I think you've hit at least some of the nails on the head there.

Maybe because they knew this was the final season, and ratings weren't an issue any longer, they could try some new ideas.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacNymph
Posted: 29 March 2007 - 05:57 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

By the time a show reaches its last season, however, we're familar with the characters. We know who they are, and if they're written well, they seem like real people to us. Usually, writers for the show are familiar with the style of the character as well and remain consistent with personality traits. Season seven of MacGyver, however, once again shows a MacGyver that isn't completely like the MacGyver we've come to know during all those previous seasons. He seems to me, once again, like the Pilot version of Mac--not cocky--just not well defined.

Around 1990 the Fresh Prince of Bel Air came along and was clobbering MacGyver in the ratings. And then Blossom (there's irony for you).

Maybe the writers felt the show needed a more urban and/or youthful feel. dry.gif

~ MacNymph ~

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 29 March 2007 - 06:05 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

well that would certainly make sense, and fit with explaining some of the changes that went on in season 7.

Actually now that I think about it... the clothing, the colors... yeah... hmm.bmp

*kicks Will Smith*

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 30 March 2007 - 02:27 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity

Around 1990 the Fresh Prince of Bel Air came along and was clobbering MacGyver in the ratings.

But MacGyver sure stood his ground because he was still in the sixth season than.

*kicks Will Smith*

*kicks Rock* Don't kick Will, Rock. biggrin.gif

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacNymph
Posted: 30 March 2007 - 07:00 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

QUOTE (MacGyverGod @ 30 March 2007 - 10:37 PM)
Around 1990 the Fresh Prince of Bel Air came along and was clobbering MacGyver in the ratings.

But MacGyver sure stood his ground because he was still in the sixth season then.

When you're under contract and/or got the film in the can, you kinda put it out there. It's the subsequent cancellation you should take note of. wink.gif

~ MacNymph ~

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Lothithil
Posted: 30 March 2007 - 09:23 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

*volenteers to hold Will Smith down while Rock kickes him again*

happy.gif

j/k! I like WS, even though I did not like 'Fresh Prince' yucky.gif That show is a prime example of 'lowering the common denominator of the Average American's Intelligence'. I for one don't mind having to think a little while I'm being entertained.

MacGyverGod
Posted: 30 March 2007 - 09:58 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity

QUOTE (Lothithil @ 30 March 2007 - 06:33 PM)
*volenteers to hold Will Smith down while Rock kickes him again*

happy.gif

j/k! I like WS, even though I did not like 'Fresh Prince' yucky.gif That show is a prime example of 'lowering the common denominator of the Average American's Intelligence'. I for one don't mind having to think a little while I'm being entertained.

Hey, I don't like hitting women, but exceptions can be made, huh!

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Lothithil
Posted: 30 March 2007 - 11:05 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

QUOTE (MacGyverGod @ 30 March 2007 - 01:08 PM)
Hey, I don't like hitting women, but exceptions can be made, huh!

cool.jpg You wouldn't hit a woman with glasses on, would ya?

Peace, MGOD...

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (2) [1] 2  Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll