Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

Speculation continues to swirl around the possibility of a new MacGyver on our screens and who will play the lead.

There was strong indications that Young & Restless actor, Justin Hartley was being courted for the lead, but we now hear that Justin has just signed a 2 year contract to stay with Y&R which puts him out of the running for any role which might eventuate.

Reports were riff that James Wan, Henry Winkler and R. Scott Gemmill were all on board for the new show which would see Wan directing the pilot episode, but so far there has been no confirmation from anyone, which leaves fans wondering what's actually going on and if this story is in fact nothing more than 'Chinese whispers' from the Hollywood rumor mill.

user posted image

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 24 October 2015 - 12:54 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat

Um... unsure.gif

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Mr Duct Tape
Posted: 24 October 2015 - 02:36 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Jacket:  Brown bomber

well that settles it, doesn't it?

"Ok hotshot, so you got yourself a golden brown palomino between your legs, and NO reins. Now what?"

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
perfectlykevin
Posted: 24 October 2015 - 06:46 AM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:Can I say "all?"

Unless he would be offered the part and decided to break his contract. smile.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Junemar12914026
Posted: 25 October 2015 - 01:45 AM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 2
Episode:Thin ice

Good, hope nobody does take RDAs place.
Do you really think it might be a hoax?
Jurikmac@gmail. com MacG.gif ohmy.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 25 October 2015 - 03:59 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Hoax? A hoax that he signed away or a hoax that he was going to take RDA's place?

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Macgyver12186
Posted: 25 October 2015 - 11:40 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:

Wait what?

Three things

1. Producers writers and directors usually don't announce a new tv show untill everything is kind of set at least when the main actor is cast the first time I even heard of young Macgyver was when Jared Paladacki was cast. I believe that was the first anyone heard of the project

2. Justin Hartly in spite of looking like RDA really doesn't fit Macgyver as based on the description given (late 20's just joining a clandestine organization from the show DXS or Phonex Foundation your guess is as good mine) so him not being the new Macgyver isn't that surprising

3. If this winds up being a hoax while I am sure everyone here will be happy I simply won't and will consider this to be yet another disappointment in the never ending saga to bring Macgyver into modern day. I mean since 1994 we have had the following

A 5 part Macgyver comic book that due to disappointing sales didn't turn into a monthly series like planed
200 attempts at a movie (ok I am exaggerating but you get the idea)
An extemly failed attempt at a spinoff (which is a shame Jared was cool in it)
An iPhone game that is at best ok (why can't we have cool stealth based game in the vein of Splinter Cell)

Yeah my cup is over flowing with dissapoinent
Sigh

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 25 October 2015 - 03:01 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

I haven't read the comic yet, nor played the iPhone game but I am really happy that it happened. It sparkles hope.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 25 October 2015 - 08:19 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Tinker/Pioneer

Favorites
Episode:The Human Factor

I already knew from the beginning that Hartley wasn't going to play the character. He is 38 years of age making him too old to play the lead.

Also, I believe there are far better choices for the character.

"The bag's not for what I take, Colson - it's for what I find along the way."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
KiwiTek
Posted: 25 October 2015 - 09:14 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites
Episode:Runners

QUOTE (Macgyver12186 @ 26 October 2015 - 07:40 AM)
1.  Producers writers and directors usually don't announce a new tv show untill everything is kind of set at least when the main actor is cast the first time I even heard of young Macgyver was when Jared Paladacki was cast. I believe that was the first anyone heard of the project

It's important to note that at no stage has there been an announcement from anyone.

This whole story is based on an unnamed "source from CBS".

This "news" is actually nothing more than a rumor which, as is so typical of today's news outlets, has been picked up and re-posted. In fact if you start with the original breaking article and work your way forward you can watch the story snowball and change like a game of Telephone. Today's journalists are so useless! dry.gif

MDDHosting - Professional Wed Hosting Solutions

PM                                                                     
Macgyver12186
Posted: 26 October 2015 - 02:54 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (KiwiTek @ 26 October 2015 - 05:14 PM)
1.  Producers writers and directors usually don't announce a new tv show untill everything is kind of set at least when the main actor is cast the first time I even heard of young Macgyver was when Jared Paladacki was cast. I believe that was the first anyone heard of the project

It's important to note that at no stage has there been an announcement from anyone.

This "news" is actually nothing more than a rumor which, as is so typical of today's news outlets, has been picked up and re-posted. In fact if you start with the original breaking article and work your way forward you can watch the story snowball and change like a game of Telephone. Today's journalists are so useless! dry.gif

I am hoping it's true because I would love a new MacGyver show.

if we hear nothing by March then we can say this was all an elaborate hoax.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Walter
Posted: 26 October 2015 - 04:33 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Episode:Log Jam

QUOTE (Macgyver12186 @ 26 October 2015 - 04:54 PM)
if we hear nothing by March then we can say this was all an elaborate hoax.

Hoax means an intentional and deliberate deception to fool people. I highly doubt that anyone in Hollywood sits around thinking about how they can hoax people.

If it doesn't happen it will be because either the story was wrong or they just couldn't get all the pieces to fall into place to make it happen. From what I've read about how the rights to MacGyver seem to be split between CBS and Zlotoff it does seem like a bit of a monumental task ahead of them.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Macgyver12186
Posted: 29 October 2015 - 09:34 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (KiwiTek @ 26 October 2015 - 05:14 PM)

For Walter:

I think Kiwtrek was saying that since we have no confirmation from anyone the whole story could of been made up however I sincerely doubt it because Variety ran the story first. I don't of their reputation of late but they USED to be THE name in entertainment news reporting stories not rumors.

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/macgyver-r...ler-1201608858/

And no metion of an unnamed source in the original article...

on the other hand the whole Harltey thing reeks of a fan with too much time on their hands.

As for where they are now My guess is Script writing stage making sure that the first 5 episodes are written done and have CBS's mouths watering. wit casting to happen later 2015 early 2016. Assuming we are looking at the Fall 2016-Spring 2017 television season. Casting usually doesn't get announced till January-March

So assuming the project doesn't fall through the Cracks expect this place to be VERY busy From January on.

as for Lee David Ztoloff if I remember correctly the rights for macgyver go like this

TV (only) Henry Winkler has the rights to do almost anything he wants
Film (and apparently Comic book and possibly all outside tv media) Is all Lee David Ztoloff (I am guessing on spelling)

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
KiwiTek
Posted: 29 October 2015 - 02:53 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites
Episode:Runners

QUOTE (Macgyver12186 @ 30 October 2015 - 05:34 AM)
as for Lee David Ztoloff if I remember correctly the rights for macgyver go like this

TV (only) Henry Winkler has the rights to do almost anything he wants
Film (and apparently Comic book and possibly all outside tv media) Is all Lee David Ztoloff (I am guessing on spelling)

Lee Zlotoff owns all rights to MacGyver, but CBS already have existing rights to the TV show so they get to keep that, but Zlotoff owns anything new, including a new TV show. So he get's final sign off on everything new.

Of coarse the legality's of such things are a maze of moving walls and traps that only lawyers can be bothered to worry about so who know what deals have been made between the parties. hmm.bmp

MDDHosting - Professional Wed Hosting Solutions

PM                                                                     
angus20
Posted: 2 November 2015 - 05:48 AM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:all

I won't believe there is a new show without Ztoloff, essentially he created the character and promoted Macgyver lately more than anyone. So just rumors for now.

PMEmail PosterYahoo                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll