Please Note      

You can only post replies to topics already posted in this forum. You can not start new topics. If you would like to discuss a character which doesn't already have their own topic please start the new topic in the Houseboat forum and we will move it to this forum for you.

Ellen Jerico
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll

How did you rate this character
user posted image [ 1 ]  [7.69%]
user posted image [ 3 ]  [23.08%]
user posted image [ 7 ]  [53.85%]
Total Votes: 13
Guests cannot vote 
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 10 January 2009 - 05:02 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

Ellen Jerico

MacGyver's High School girlfriend; Ellen Stewart married broadcasting businessman Ralph Jerico (her third husband) whom she plotted to kill and frame MacGyver for the murder, as revenge for MacGyver breaking up with her after High School.

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Liz1976
Posted on 11 January 2009 - 03:46 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Unsure:red

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Widowmaker
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat

Ellen is a character that I just can't help but to feel a little sorry for. She had a rough life after graduating high school and she transferred her blame onto MacGyver.

"For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."

1 Timothy 2:5 NIV version of the Bible

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacsChick
Posted on 11 January 2009 - 08:42 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Field Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:Passages

Yeah, she was a poor messed up woman whose life just simply wasn't working right. Of course I don't like what she tried to do to MacGyver, but at least the writers gave her character an explanation as to why she acted the way she did, which made her slightly more sympathetic and redeemable. Even MacGyver understood she had a problem and felt sorry for her.

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

--Henry David Thoreau

brains+brawn+beauty+personality=MacGyver

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 11 January 2009 - 12:50 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

Yeah the character had some decent depth to her. She had a thought out background, a history with MacGyver and reasons and explanations for why she was the way she was.

I think all and all that makes for a pretty good character.

She reminds me somewhat of Carla from Two Times Trouble

Is it any wonder MacGyvers scared to make a commitment, when half the women in his life are nutters? laugh.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGirl
Posted on 1 February 2009 - 07:57 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Superchamp

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Too many to choose from
Vehicle: Nomad

No kidding!

Yeah, Ellen was definitely screwed up, but you could see how she got that way. I ended up feeling a bit sorry for her as well.

Do not pity the dead. Pity the living, and above all, those who live without love. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

You don't eat things like that, you call pest control! Kate in The Gauntlet

What's that?
Lateral... cranial... impact... enhancer. *whack* Last Stand

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Beachbead
Posted on 25 April 2009 - 12:51 PM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

I feel somewhat sorry for her but go as far as frame her old boyfriend for dumping her is just out of control.

macsgirl1
Posted on 20 June 2009 - 09:04 PM                                    
Quote Post

Retired Member

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

PSYCHO! She needs to understand that framing someone and then trying to kill them is no way to show that you obsessively in love with them. It really shows how much of a heart Mac had that he forgave her then got her help.

PM                                                                     
Makedde
Posted on 17 June 2011 - 12:24 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Episode:Hell Week
Jacket:  Brown bomber

I don't recall seeing her. What episode does she appear in? It's likely one I haven't seen yet...

"You may not believe this, but there have been times when I've had a lot more fun in the back seat of a car." - MacGyver (Golden Triangle)

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 17 June 2011 - 03:07 AM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (Makedde @ 17 June 2011 - 09:27 PM)
I don't recall seeing her. What episode does she appear in? It's likely one I haven't seen yet...

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Makedde
Posted on 17 June 2011 - 11:18 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

Favorites
Episode:Hell Week

Yep, its an episode I haven't seen yet. Darn. That would have to have been the one I missed.

Hang on, just checked the episode guide and it should be airing here in the next couple of weeks, so if I am not working that day, I'll be watching it. Excellent, it sounds like a good episode, too.

"You may not believe this, but there have been times when I've had a lot more fun in the back seat of a car." - MacGyver (Golden Triangle)

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Beachbead
Posted on 2 July 2011 - 01:11 PM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

She allowed her revenge for what MacGyver did take over her life thus trying to

pick guys that was like him or close to who and what MacGyver used to be in High

School. But with each guy it became clear that once they meet again she was

going to rip everyting from MacGyver even his own freedom. or even worse try to kill

MacGyver and his friend. But MacGyver was much

smarter then she was thus she got caught red handed and she lost her freedom,

all she had to do was divorce her husband and try to mead ways with MacGyver

But it would of never worked, and if Mac dumped her again she would of tryed to

kill him. and send someone to kill Mac.

MacsLegacyLiveForever
Posted on 3 October 2011 - 04:00 AM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Eagles, Passages

QUOTE (MacsChick @ 12 January 2009 - 04:45 AM)
Yeah, she was a poor messed up woman whose life just simply wasn't working right. Of course I don't like what she tried to do to MacGyver, but at least the writers gave her character an explanation as to why she acted the way she did, which made her slightly more sympathetic and redeemable. Even MacGyver understood she had a problem and felt sorry for her.

I agree. Poor woman, but I didn't like at all what she did to MacGyver. I mean she loved him and still she could decided so easily to kill him...*shakes head* so awful that she came to that resolution.

I don't like her very much though (I felt little sorry for her before she decided to kill Mac)

"I guess the way you look at the world depends on where you are. From up here it looked like a pretty nice place."

"When I was a kid, my grandfather used to say to me that ... a fellow's life wasn't worth mentioning if he hadn't shared it with some folks along the way."

"Goodbye, Grandpa."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Mela_007
Posted on 9 November 2012 - 07:37 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Tinker,Champ+

Favorites
Episode:Passages; Humanity
Vehicle: Truck

I liked this character. I did feel sorry for her, but she had gone way off the deep end to plan her revenge so completely. I was really mad at her for stringing Mac along like she did in the beginning. It was a nice conversation between them as they were "catching-up" though. Especially when she was getting on to Mac for still being hesistant to Commit to someone. It gave us a nice insight into why he didn't want to commit.

"I think if you try hard enough and make the best of a situation, the situation won't get the best of you." -MacGyver

Semper Vigilans - Civil Air Patrol

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Scwilson
Posted on 10 August 2013 - 06:41 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:Pilot
House:  Observatory

She was a good character who went of the deep end, blaming Mac for her problems. Even Mac felt bad for her. Maybe she was the reason Mac could not commit to anyone.

PMEmail PosterYahoo                                                                     
KiwiTek
Posted on 10 August 2013 - 09:20 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Episode:Runners

QUOTE (Scwilson @ 11 August 2013 - 02:41 PM)
She was a good character who went of the deep end, blaming Mac for her problems. Even Mac felt bad for her. Maybe she was the reason Mac could not commit to anyone.

MacGyver actually gives a really good explanation for why he can't commit in the start of MacGyver's Women when he's talking to Maria about it.

Everyone who's every been close to him has either died or been killed. Of course that theory has some pretty big holes in it when you consider that Pete,Jack Dalton, Nikki and Penny are all very close to MacGyver and nothing bad has happened to them. unsure.gif

MDDHosting - Professional Wed Hosting Solutions

PM                                                                     
Elizabeth MacGyver
Posted on 7 May 2015 - 01:34 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 7
Episode:the stringer
Vehicle: Nomad

I felt so sorry for her. She just wanted someone to care about her. sad.gif

Hi I'm back!!!!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
RadiantRose
Posted on 23 September 2016 - 12:00 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: lots of blades

Favorites
Episode:Negotiator; Endangered

I thought she was despicable. I would have sympathised with her - it can't have been easy having been in love with Mac and then being dumped and not even realising that he had commitment issues. I would have been devastated.

But - she was a nasty piece of work who killed her husband because she hoped to inherit his money. She was quite clear that she didn't want a divorce because of the prenuptial agreement she had signed. And she was quite happy to kill a witness to her (very deliberately planned) crime. In a very cruel way. No, lady-who-had-a-crush-on-Mac-in-high-school. No. No. No. It is not acceptable to incinerate innocent Russian athletes. mad.gif

"They have no idea how well they cast this."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
RadiantRose
Posted on 23 September 2016 - 12:01 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

Favorites

QUOTE (KiwiTek @ 10 August 2013 - 09:20 PM)
QUOTE (Scwilson @ 11 August 2013 - 02:41 PM)

MacGyver actually gives a really good explanation for why he can't commit in the start of MacGyver's Women when he's talking to Maria about it.

Everyone who's every been close to him has either died or been killed. Of course that theory has some pretty big holes in it when you consider that Pete,Jack Dalton, Nikki and Penny are all very close to MacGyver and nothing bad has happened to them. unsure.gif

Hmmm, but by that time, nobody had seen Penny or Nikki for a while ... maybe Murdoc had secretly killed them both and not bothered to tell anyone.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted on 23 September 2016 - 03:34 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

Umm, what? If Nikki or Penny would be dead because of Murdoc don't you think Mac would know?

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
RadiantRose
Posted on 24 September 2016 - 12:00 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

Favorites

QUOTE (MacGyverGod @ 23 September 2016 - 03:34 PM)
Umm, what? If Nikki or Penny would be dead because of Murdoc don't you think Mac would know?

ohmy.gif You're right. I underestimated Mac.

My suggestion was somewhat flippant, of course. Very flippant, to be frank. But, on the other hand, Murdoc might be going to great lengths to forge letters from them to Mac, so that he would just assume they were busy and that he would see them in person sooner or later. After all, they had busy lives, he has an extremely busy life ...

It does occur to me that there was no reason why none of the female characters lasted long. It has been established that Mac, not being James Bond, is quite capable of maintaining a platonic friendship. I mean, he saw Penny in her "Cleo Rocks" outfit without having sexual feelings towards her. (And I very much appreciate the fact he didn't make her uncomfortable by commenting on the fact it was by most standards quite a sexy outfit.) So they could have had a recurring female character without anyone complaining, as long as she wasn't a love interest.

On the other hand, it's good that the writers, mostly male, gave female characters a lot to do and say. On the other, it's a pity that none of them stayed around for long.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
RadiantRose
Posted on 24 September 2016 - 12:34 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

Favorites

Plus, it's very sad how her love of money outweighed her feelings for Mac.

She almost had it all. She had her career (so, not destitute, although I am sure Mac would never let any of his old friends literally starve because of poverty. He knows people who run soup kitchens and stuff). She had rekindled Mac's interest in her. Is there a kissing icon on here?

And what does she do with her amazing second chance? Does she do everything possible to ensure that Mac stays around?

No. No, she does not. She contemplates the question:

Ralph's money + Mac in jail (or on death row) versus less money + Mac being friendly to her and kissing her

And she decided

Ralph's money + Mac in jail (or on death row) > less money + Mac being friendly to her and kissing her

Now, maybe that was just a sign of her lack of clear thinking. Or maybe she was obsessed with money all along and Mac-aged-18 ditched her because she kept wanting him to agree to a career plan that would involve his making a lot of money when he graduated college.

Whereas of course Mac didn't want to be tied down and as long as he can afford duct tape, ice cream and petrol (gas) for his vehicle, he's happy.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll