Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Tinker/Pioneer

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Human Factor
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat

That looks fantastic! biggrin.gif Want that game too!

Surprised you did not like the movie. It obviously was not the original, we all know that. But it was better in a lot of ways to the sequels. And it felt fresh.

"The bag's not for what I take, Colson - it's for what I find along the way."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 24 June 2015 - 07:07 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Deadly Dreams
Jacket:  Black leather

One of my friends is always trying to get me to play Final Fantasy with him. I've never played any of the Final Fantasy games. I wouldn't know where to start! But they always look fantastic.

I'm in so much love with the trailer... Johnny Cash for the WIN!

I always loved games where you have a K9 buddy. Dragon Age: Origins had a dog you could have in your party. Mine's name was Angus! lol

I think it's going to be a good year for video games! smile.gif

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 24 June 2015 - 09:08 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Wow! Both of those look great, Jedi! thumbsup.gif

Great thing about Final Fantasy is you can start anywhere you like. Each one is a new story with new characters.

Final fantasy 7 was the most commercially successful one of them all. Its story was awesome too. So the new one is going t be superb methinks

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 24 June 2015 - 02:45 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

QUOTE (denizen @ 24 June 2015 - 11:53 AM)
That looks fantastic!  biggrin.gif Want that game too!

Surprised you did not like the movie. It obviously was not the original, we all know that. But it was better in a lot of ways to the sequels. And it felt fresh.

It doesn't happen a lot that I'm disappointed with these movies but it's just poorly made. Could've been much better and seriously a hybrid? Using a dinosaur that never existed to lure visitors? Gimme a break. It shows the park creators are in it for the money, which has always been the case but do they really have to go creating dinosaurs that never existed? That's like going past the park's purposes. Nope, didn't do it for me.

Maybe the game can change it, but I have never seen a movie with so many clear faults and mistakes. So I don't know. But the game seems fun though.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 24 June 2015 - 10:09 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Perhaps that might be revealing a bit much on the spoiler side to fans that have yet to see the picture BUT...hybrids are more of a realistic approach than you might think.

This from Jack Horner

The terrifying monster isn’t nearly as unsettling as what a paleontologist consultant on the films is revealing about the real science behind Jurassic World‘s dinosaur engineering. Dr. Jack Horner, who advised on all four Jurassic movies, has said that growing a hybrid species like I-Rex is actually possible in real life.
Speaking in a BBC interview, Horner said: “We don’t have dinosaur DNA, but we can make transgenic animals. The cool thing about making a hybrid is that we can take a whole bunch of genes from other kinds of animals and mix them together to make a new animal, which is actually more plausible than the original [idea of] bringing [dinosaurs] back.”

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 25 June 2015 - 12:54 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Sorry if I spoiled something. I still think there's potential in it though but this seemed like looking at a puzzle of which the pieces has been set on all the wrong places and saying that they succeeded. In the meantime I also found about about fully feathered dinosaurs. That is also still a thought I need to get used to.

What Jack says sounds interesting though. Maybe something for the Phoenix Foundation. Their own animal mixing program. Actually we can give something back to nature and life will find his own way with it perhaps.

Never thought I would be disappointed by an adventure film like this. Still Hollywood is probably celebrating and box offices are rinkling everywhere. There's a whole lot more wrong with this but I don't want to spoil too much either.

I'll always remain true to the other three movies than.

On the other side, this game looks also very interesting, except I have never found it.

Ever wondered what would've happened if the peoples Nedry was supposed to meet entered the island that night in the first movie?

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 25 June 2015 - 03:05 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

I have Jurassic Park: The Game. Its great. If you are a fan of the original movie, I highly recommend it. It takes place at the same time as the first movie. Except that it tells the story of what is happening on the other side of the island. Inside, you already know what is happening, but what makes it frightening, is that you don't know what will happen to you. Simply because you are not following the others on their route. It was made by Telltale, the people that brought out Back to the Future: The Game & of course, the Walking Dead.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 25 June 2015 - 07:59 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

I've played the Jurassic Park game as well. I was so excited about it too, until I realized it was all quick time events. I like have a bit more freedom to explore, so I was a bit disappointed with the gameplay... but, for those who don't mind it, it's a great game otherwise.

I actually really the Ghostbusters: The Video Game a bit better. If you're a Ghostbusters fan, this game is a must have. It's amazing.

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 25 June 2015 - 09:41 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

On my list, Jedi! It looks awesome! happy_dance.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 25 June 2015 - 11:50 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

It's such a great game. You can even fully explore the Firehouse and interact with objects... like annoying Vigo, stuck in his painting... or collect haunted objects in game that show up at the firehouse. There's a pair of haunted pants that will follow you around.

It's actually the idea I had in my head for a MacGyver video game. I did a thread on it a LOOONG time ago if you haven't seen it.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 25 June 2015 - 10:42 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

I vaguely recall the video game thread. Interestingly, the video game is loosely based on Dan Ackroyd's original Ghostbusters 3 script which never came to be. Pity because the story for me sounded rather interesting. But of course we know what happened with that. Cough Bill Murray Cough!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 26 June 2015 - 01:45 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

A lot of fans feel this is the only true sequel because they have the original cast, and even use the original score from the first movie. This is a sequel game done right... as far as I'm concerned. You'll come to love "Rookie", you're silent, nameless player character. smile.gif

Gameplay is a LOT of fun. You'll love using the proton pack.

...now I wanna go back and play it again. XD

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 27 June 2015 - 10:47 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Sounds great!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 29 June 2015 - 06:46 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

I got a great deal on Fallout: New Vegas on Xbox Live if you Gold. It was just over $5 for a digital download. Now if only Alien Isolation and Evil Within would come down just a bit more. wink.gif Also, Gears of War 3 will be a free download from July 15th to August 1st if you have Gold.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 29 June 2015 - 09:57 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

I have yet to join the live ranks if you know what I mean. smile.gif

But those sound like great deals.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 1 July 2015 - 07:11 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Has anyone played, or remember, Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine? I know back in the late 90's, that game was a big hit in our family. Everyone of us played it on the PC.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 1 July 2015 - 09:11 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Played? REMEMBER?! Just who do you think stalks these forums here?! Only like a MAJOR Indiana Jones fan. I still have the original pristine box of that game in my safe keeping. biggrin.gif

Infernal Machine was great fun except for the weird creatures you fought in the caves. What was up with that?!

That aside, story was great and i loved the twist. To those that have played it, will know what i mean!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 1 July 2015 - 04:24 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

HAHA! Should have known... lol How about Indiana Jones and his Desktop Adventures? We got that game with our first computer when Windows 95 was released.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 1 July 2015 - 08:28 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Desktop Adventures was also great. Strangely my fave to this day is STILL Last Crusade. Both the Action Game & the Graphic Adventure. I Also love the arcade version of Temple of Doom. Although I enjoyed the last few Indy's, they still went in a very Tomb Raider direction. I appreciate the older ones because they went their own way. I still remember the summer of 1989 when I saw Indy 3 like 100 times at the theatre. Was my favourite movie and then the best thing happened. I got Indy 3 the game for Xmas. happy_dance.gif

Yes. Me and my childhood memories. laugh.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 2 July 2015 - 04:29 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

LOL! I remember the Atari we had back in the 80's. In fact, I still have it. It doesn't seem to work though. I think the power cord is shot. But I remember watching my parents play Combat. My Dad was evil at that game because he would get in a hit on my Mom, causing her tank to spin. By the time it stopped spinning, he had another shot on her. My Dad would just laugh at her when she'd rage quit. XD

We didn't have any other consoles until I got the PS1 in 1999. I wanted Jedi Power Battles. I missed out on the earlier Indiana Jones games until Desktop Adventures. I believe we even had Fate of Atlantis. Wasn't it on MS-DOS? I just remember we got REALLY stuck on it.

Speaking of older games... how about Descent?

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 2 July 2015 - 05:58 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Seen it. Never played it. biggrin.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 3 July 2015 - 06:46 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

I loved Descent. I remember it had a great soundtrack.

I miss the 90's. XD

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 3 July 2015 - 09:13 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Yea, the 90's had some awesome games, no doubt sbout it.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 10 July 2015 - 05:29 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

Heck, I miss the 80's! lol Anyone remember Circus Atari??? That game made me realize I had an evil sense of humor.

And, I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed this. XD The omni-blade isn't available until Mass Effect 3 though, but it's an awesome melee weapon.

Attached Image
Attached Image

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 16 July 2015 - 09:51 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

The 80's had some of the best gams for sure. Don't recall circus Atari but I remember Circus Charlie. biggrin.gif

Haven't had any time to play games of late. Been crazy!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 27 July 2015 - 09:17 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

It has been a rather quiet few weeks on my end. Little time to play anything! I still get to have a quick game of Minecraft or even Simpsons Tapped Out when I get the chance though. Poor Xbox has been a little quiet lately. biggrin.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 28 July 2015 - 01:57 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

I bought WWE2K14 but it's not as great as I thought it would yet. SmackDown vs. Raw 2010 was much better which I've been playing again in recent days.

I also bought Terminator Salvation on PS3 on a flea market. Never new there was a game of it though but now that I'm into Terminator thanks to the fifth movie well, I figured why not.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 29 July 2015 - 09:01 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

I'm still playing Fallout: New Vegas... man that game is creepy. I've been exploring the "vaults", which were used during the nuclear fallout to contain a certain number of people. As you explore, you get to read about what happened to the people inside... sometimes it's pretty disturbing.

But I found an interesting piece of trivia! Can anyone guess who the voice actor is of this character in the original Fallout? biggrin.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 29 July 2015 - 08:19 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Hey Jedi,

Never played the game so I haven't heard the voice before. smile.gif

Do tell.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 31 July 2015 - 06:39 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites

The first time I heard the voice, I didn't recognize it either... but, it's RDA. lol

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (35) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll