Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat

Like I said we have 2 NON RDA macgyver sources

the much forgotten Macgyver on Ice Book
AND
Macgyver Fugitive gauntlet

And again the issue of Character vs actor is a tough one

Talking about 007 for example I love Connery's performance as much as the next guy but I am glad EON moved on from him does that men I love every film and every actors performance no some films were stinkers (moonraker) and some actors didn't quite work (Lazenby was good but out of his league, Moore lacked the toughness but was a good bond and Brosnan made 4 great Remington Steele films wink.gif) but For every mis step there is a saving grace of a film (even In the brosnan era I don't Hate Tomorrow Never Dies and half of Die another Day makes sense and is a strong film it's just really half way through Iceland the film turns into a whacky comedy and just... yeah Also the Craig and Dalton eras)

I guess I am more excepting of change then some of the older members of this board largely due to my tastes in music (my favorite band Yes has I think 24-28 lineups and 19 members so with a love of as band like that you either get used to change or you don't lol) so moving on past RDA as MacGyver is ok with me provided they go for the right actor (who in my mind is Nolan Gerald Funk) I think a reboot can not only work but be really good. Like I said in spite of how others view the original not much needs to be changed Ok a slightly grittier feel and having DXS perhaps be a spin off From Homeland security (putting mac at the front lines of the war on terror so to speak) but out side of that Yeah the character of Macgyver is pretty timeless that it could work in 2016 just as easily as it worked in 1985. Just spitballing here of course but if casted right I think the new MacGyver series could be amazing

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 21 October 2015 - 09:05 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Tinker/Pioneer

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Human Factor

Macgyver12186, I totally agree with you. It all depends on how they develop the series. For its time, MacGyver was a realistic series based on mild to extreme situations. The new series would have to be on that mind-set too. Unlike the rebooted Knight Rider where its campiness took over and its irrelevance to the original show. They had a direction but it took them too long to get there.

"The bag's not for what I take, Colson - it's for what I find along the way."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Mr Duct Tape
Posted: 3 February 2016 - 01:43 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:

It seems things are finally moving forward in this new version, in that CBS apparently ordered a new pilot.

CBS is adding two procedurals to its drama pilot slate, giving orders to MacGyver, a PhillMcGrawreimagining of the 1985 series from Saw and Furious 7 director James Wan; and Bull, a trial consultant drama based on Dr. Phil McGraw’s early career, from the popular daytime talk show host, Homicide creator Paul Attanasio and Amblin Television. Both projects hail from sibling CBS TV Studios.

CBS had been high from the get-go on MacGyver, a new take on a resourceful and ingenious agent who improvises his way out of sticky situations using everyday items like rubber bands, chewing gum and a Swiss Army knife.

james wan colorThe new series, which comes from Wan, the original’s executive producer Henry Winkler and writer Paul Downs Colaizzo, features a 10-years younger protagonist. Twentysomething Angus MacGyver gets recruited into the clandestine organization from the original series where he uses his knack for solving problems in unconventional ways to help prevent disasters from happening. The series is expected to chronicle how MacGyver acquired some of his famous skill sets.

"Ok hotshot, so you got yourself a golden brown palomino between your legs, and NO reins. Now what?"

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Mac2Nite
Posted: 23 June 2016 - 08:51 AM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned: Tinker/Hunter

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:The Challenge
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

Okay... So I was a huge naysayer when all of this was announced... to include the casting... But now... having seen the series' promo trailer... I'm intrigued... it looks like they're trying to keep the original spirit of MacGyver.. just updated... Mac could lose the long hair though... too girly looking even for 2016. And his referencing his "Dad always told him everything you need is right in front of you" sounds like he's the son of the original Mac... or someone just like him hmm.bmp

Anyway.. I am finally looking forward to watching the premiere biggrin.gif

"Any problem can be solved with a little ingenuity."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 23 June 2016 - 08:36 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Tinker/Pioneer

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Human Factor

Personally i never got the impression that the original MacGyver was his father. I just suspected he was referring to his dad. Its only natural to be influenced by your family and for them to guide you in the right direction in life. He only states that his dad says that everything he ever needs is right in front of him. As to how MacGyver implemented that into his life is another story. It could be fair to assume he at least got something good out of his father before he died. biggrin.gif

"The bag's not for what I take, Colson - it's for what I find along the way."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (3) 1 2 [3]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll