Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

Every week I will be posting a new topic titled "Episode Discussion". In this we will discuss an episode, what we liked about it, what we didn't like, etc.

Episode 24 - The Eraser

Believing that he is helping a father find his son, MacGyver inadvertently leads a reluctant hit man to his target.

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Macs Lab Rat
Posted on 8 November 2006 - 11:19 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:Jack in the Box (...possibly!)
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat

votes from 21st Feb 2006

Poor [ 0 ] [0.00%]
Average [ 1 ] [8.33%]
OK [ 1 ] [8.33%]
Good [ 6 ] [50.00%]
Excellent [ 4 ] [33.33%]
Total Votes: 12

Archived comments

QUOTE (MacGyverGod Jan 30 2005 @ 12:59 AM )
Not a bad episode but I'm partial to Back from the Dead.

QUOTE (MacGyver Jan 30 2005 @ 03:52 PM )
I liked this episode. I think it was sort of a different storyline from other episodes. I liked the friendship building between Jimmy and MacGyver. And of course, there were neat MacGyverisms, like setting the doors on a car to lock when an incoming phone call was received. That was cool! And I liked how MacGyver found a baseball team for Jimmy to coach at the end. That was great. It was a good episode overall. 

QUOTE (sonyab Jan 31 2005 @ 08:45 AM )
This was a really good episode. I loved the end when Mac and Pete protected Jimmy and went into the witness protection program.. Phoenix foundation works with the witness protection program that's so cool.  I loved how Jimmy pretends he is dead.. I loved when Mac was playing hockey. He was all sweaty yum..  I voted this episode, good.

QUOTE (MacGyverGod Jan 31 2005 @ 09:02 AM )
It was his loft, the house boat didn't came until season 3 Back from the Dead. Funny that Jimmy didn't say that he could smell the ocean. 

QUOTE (sonyab Jan 31 2005 @ 10:14 AM )

QUOTE (MacGyverGod @ Jan 30 2005, 03:02 PM)
It was his loft, the house boat didn't came until season 3 Back from the Dead. Funny that Jimmy didn't say that he could smell the ocean. 

oops. You're right macgyvergod.. I must have been thinking of back from the dead.. I edited it out in my message.. I loved the loft..

QUOTE (Alex-Wylie Feb 1 2005 @ 12:48 PM )
Cool Episode! Great MacGyverimns!  about the locked door. I liked that they become friends and played table hockey. The scene with the olive was cool and nice as well.

QUOTE (MacGyver Gal Feb 1 2005 @ 03:29 PM )
I liked this episode. 

I think Mac got to show his sense of humor in this episode.

I liked when he was eating the alfalfa sandwich and it dropped out on his lap 

And then he said "Linda and I had a date for lunch. She didn't know about it so, I started without her." 

And then later, he told Linda "The car will go now. I suggest you go with it." 

And it was funny when he pretended to have a gun under his jacket so that guy would go with him. 

QUOTE (phoenix Feb 2 2005 @ 07:44 PM )

i SO agree. the beginnings of his delightful sense of humor!   

and way  that a minor league florida baseball team is within phoenix foundation's witness protection guidelines!

ciao!

phoenix 

QUOTE (MacGyverGod Feb 3 2005 @ 01:14 AM)
Yeah, there were a few good jokes in them. With those olives..., wow. 

QUOTE (lemmy357 Feb 4 2005 @ 07:11 AM )
I didn't really like the episode because I was not crazy over the Jimmy character.

QUOTE (MacGyverGod Feb 4 2005 @ 09:00 AM )
Why not? What's wrong with Jimmy Kendall? His relationship with MacGyver is indeed going up and down. It's like one second his asking for Mac's help and the other one he's pushing him away. But as I said before I like Back from the Dead better. 

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 5 January 2007 - 03:04 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

Theres one thing in this episode that really bugs me.

The scene where the car phone locks the doors and the two idiots inside the car can't get out... have you even been in a car where you couldn't unlock the door from the inside?

Its just so un-realistic thats its beyond stupid.. I've seen it in other shows and movies as well.. and it makes me want to throw something at the TV.

Central locking doesn't hold the door locks in place.. it only triggers the bolt movement.. and even if it where wired to continuously hold the bolt in the locked position.. it's not strong enough to prevent a person from unlocking the door.

Its just absolutely stupid!! blowup.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
laarell4241
Posted on 8 January 2007 - 09:47 AM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Golden Triangle
House:  Apartment

Hmm, I'd have to (partially) disagree on this one. I have a neighbor with an old Lexus GS300, something like 13-15 years old. The car has electric locks. The darned car one day decided to eat the key. Something shorted out and the key got firmly lodged in the door on the outside. The doors jammed. All of them. Fortunately at least the drivers side window was down. We tried opening the doors from the inside, no such luck! The handles were completely unoperative and I mean completely.

The only way we managed to unlock his car was to disconnect the battery, then the doors unlocked, because the juice was cut. The key was still stuck though. Now the only way the guy managed to get the key removed from the door was to take his wife's keys and drive the car to the dealership where they took half of his electrical system apart. I don't know what exactly they did.

I take that it would be possible to sabotage something in the wiring to short out the doors like that. Don't know what though, as I make a point of having manual locks and windows on my cars.

PMEmail PosterYahoo                                                                     
Lothithil
Posted on 8 January 2007 - 10:40 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Camper&Swissbit

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity

I had an old '88 Caddy with seriously bad eclectrikal problems. Sometimes the doors would lock and I couldn't get out! (That was shortly before I scrapped the POC!)

But you've got a point, Rock... it does come across as a little silly. But I love the way Mac bounces across the street to 'help them out' It makes me laugh a lot! laugh.gif

Everyone, sometimes, needs a camel.

Old troubleshooters never die...
They just wait til the last moment and then rescue themselves!

PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo                                                                     
Old Fan
Posted on 8 January 2007 - 05:48 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Faith, Hope & Charity

"...hold the 'chovies!..."

blush.gif jeep.gif

That which has been established will endure even with time and at a distance.

I can't tell you anything about what happens after the cameras go off, mostly because I'm usually unconscious by then.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
j12752
Posted on 11 July 2007 - 05:15 AM                                    
Quote Post

Unregistered

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

QUOTE (Rockatteer @ 6 January 2007 - 12:33 PM)
Theres one thing in this episode that really bugs me.

The scene where the car phone locks the doors and the two idiots inside the car can't get out... have you even been in a car where you couldn't unlock the door from the inside?

Its just so un-realistic thats its beyond stupid.. I've seen it in other shows and movies as well.. and it makes me want to throw something at the TV.

Central locking doesn't hold the door locks in place.. it only triggers the bolt movement.. and even if it where wired to continuously hold the bolt in the locked position.. it's not strong enough to prevent a person from unlocking the door.

Its just absolutely stupid!! blowup.gif

No, I've never been stuck in a car like that. BUT, I have seen someone that got stuck like that a few years ago. Some mechanism broke and he had to call for help on his cell phone for a mechanic to come down. The mechanic busted the window, and my bro-in-law got out, much to hysterical laughter from the crowd that had gathered around. We've never let him live this down either

MacGyverOnline
Posted on 2 October 2007 - 01:23 AM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

Does anyone know what MacGyver yells to the ref whiles he's in the penalty box at the hockey rink?

It sounds like "Thats bull s***!!" accept it sounds like they fudged the sound to hide what was said.

Maybe someone could check the captions to see what they say.
(I would, but our DVD players don't use the US Closed Caption system)

After watching RDAs recent interviews and hearing his potty mouth.. I can't help wondering if RDA got a little carried away in the moment and actually hurled abuse at the ref, and for some reason they had to use that particular take, so the poor sound-man had to "blur" the words. laugh.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Lothithil
Posted on 2 October 2007 - 06:02 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

laugh.gif He certainly is... um, passionate... about his hockey!

I don't have captions, but I've always thought what he hollered at the ref was some kind of player jargon--like when people cough and say 'Bolshoi'--knowing it is going to sound like the expletive they are REALLY wanting to say, but not exactly, so the don't get sent to the showers... or whatever it is they do to really really naughty hockey players.

Having never attended a hockey game in my life... I am reduced to guesswork. rolleyes.gif

OH, yes... and on the matter of electronic locks on cars... I had an old Caddy with some interesting mechanical human-traps, one of them being that the electronic windows and door locks would work or not work according to the mood of the Gods of Chaos... I have been locked into my car before, but nothing that a few well-placed kicks didn't solve eventually. happy.gif

*passes Rock the salt* cool.jpg

Nutsy
Posted on 2 October 2007 - 12:05 PM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  

QUOTE (j12752 @ 12 July 2007 - 01:50 AM)
have you even been in a car where you couldn't unlock the door from the inside?

Actually I think there is some device that you can activate in certain cars that prevents the back doors (I don't think the font ones) from being open from the inside; and I think it is mainly to prevent kids from opening doors at dangerous (or inconvenient) times or places. Definitely a bit silly for the mob guys to have done tongue.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacBeth
Posted on 2 October 2007 - 04:18 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Swiss Memory

Favorites
Episode: must I choose?
Vehicle: Motorcycle
Jacket:  Black leather

QUOTE (Rockatteer @ 2 October 2007 - 02:58 AM)
After watching RDAs recent interviews and hearing his potty mouth..

Aw, c'mon, aren't you being a little hard on him? There are times and places where salty speech is the natural dialect and four-letter words are ignored as standard parts of speech -- I'm told this includes Irish pubs, locker rooms, and hockey rinks, but I know for a fact that it includes every backstage venue in continental North America with the possible exception of a few Catholic summer camp theatres (and I wouldn't lay bets on those).

I have never known a professional actor or theatre technician who couldn't peel paint off the walls. (When I was taking my theatre degree, I used to have to re-program myself every time I went home from college for a visit, because my much-respected father hated hearing women swear. I had never acquired the habit of swearing until after I started that degree programme!) wacko.gif

In a hockey game, I think you get sent to the penalty box if you refrain from swearing for more than five minutes. It puts the other players off and makes them wonder what you're doing there. laugh.gif

[No wilderness] is so dangerous as a city home "with all the modern improvements".
One should go to the woods for safety, if for nothing else.
-- John Muir
---
LOLMac daily:
lolmac.livejournal.com
icanhastofu.tumblr.com

Writing & personal blog:
BethInExile

PMEmail PosterUsers Website                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 2 October 2007 - 05:36 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (MacBeth @ 3 October 2007 - 01:53 PM)
QUOTE (Rockatteer @ 2 October 2007 - 02:58 AM)
After watching RDAs recent interviews and hearing his potty mouth..

Aw, c'mon, aren't you being a little hard on him? There are times and places where salty speech is the natural dialect and four-letter words are ignored as standard parts of speech

Yeah but non of them include dropping the F bomb in a TV interview or calling Colm Meaney a Bastard (because he owes RDA money) on morning TV w00t.gif

"Colm Meaney? he's here? He owes me money! B*****!!"

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MACGYVERISMYDAD
Posted on 3 October 2007 - 08:21 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Exec. Wenger

Favorites
Episode:Halloween Knights
Vehicle: Motorcycle
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

I always found that scene unbelivable. Especially how he just casually reaches down pulls a harness out the bottom of the car and starts splicing wires. Most auto manufactorures are smart enough to hide wires that go to the cars alarm system atleast a little better than underneath the dash in an easy acess area. Hearing Mac say I want a large pizza, run it through the garden hold the chovies made it all the better though. I know what scene you are talking about rock when he is yelling at the ref. I am almost completey sure he doesnt say anything bad because I remember watching this episode in cc so I didn't miss anything. I will have to double check and get back at you but I only remember him saying oh come on

Now technically I'm driving a stolen car following a kidnapping... and I didn't even get to have my first cup of coffee. (Mac)
Your burning hot MacGyver... And so is Pete! ! (Murdoc)
Does anyone have a knife?? Yes...it has lots of different blades (Macgyver music plays while mac examines the knief) ...I know
Why are you taking your pants off?? You got a better idea? I'm still trying to figure out what yours is!!

PMEmail PosterAOL                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 3 October 2007 - 02:24 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

How did he know which wires did what without a schematic?

It interesting to hear MacGyver talking about a cars computer system as if it was some magical all powerful control unit.

Even todays cars don't have an "all powerful control unit". which controls everything in the car. laugh.gif

I do love the line after he's told them how to unlock the car though

"... honey, the car will go now.. I suggest you go with it." laugh.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Macs Lab Rat
Posted on 5 October 2007 - 09:48 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

Favorites

QUOTE (Rockatteer @ 2 October 2007 - 10:58 AM)
Does anyone know what MacGyver yells to the ref whiles he's in the penalty box at the hockey rink?

It sounds like "Thats bull s***!!" accept it sounds like they fudged the sound to hide what was said.

Maybe someone could check the captions to see what they say.
(I would, but our DVD players don't use the US Closed Caption system)

My subtitles say that he says "That's bush!"

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 5 October 2007 - 02:02 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

Ahhh... yeah that would be right.....

why would he say that's bush.. whats it mean? I still think they cut the IT off the end of his sentence. laugh.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Macs Lab Rat
Posted on 6 October 2007 - 09:13 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

Favorites

Don’t know. I’ve certainly never heard that phrase used before. I thought it was maybe an American saying or something. If its not a real saying then you might be right about the sound blurring/cut out.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacNymph
Posted on 6 October 2007 - 09:41 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites
Episode:Rock The Cradle (today)

I just watched the episode again, and all you do is hear it and can't see if he actually said something else and they dubbed it....

Quite clear on my copy. He says "That's bush!"

Might be referring to the referees' officiating skills as bush-league. The ref would get his meaning. happy.gif

~ MacNymph ~

Sometimes the uncontrollable urge to mess with people outweighs the millstone of humility.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Lothithil
Posted on 6 October 2007 - 12:01 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

QUOTE (MacNymph @ 6 October 2007 - 01:16 PM)
Might be referring to the referees' officiating skills as bush-league. The ref would get his meaning. happy.gif

Now that makes perfect sense! smile.gif

MacGyverOnline
Posted on 6 October 2007 - 09:13 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

Anyone else find it kinda quirky the way MacGyver tells Pete to loosen his tie and grab a yogurt. laugh.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Lothithil
Posted on 6 October 2007 - 09:52 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

biggrin.gif That entire scene was great... Pete supping on Mac's whipped bean curd...LOL!... and Mac telling him to put it back in the 'fridge!

I always wondered if Mac came home later expecting to have supper only to find an empty bowl! tongue.gif He would have had to call for a garden pizza --hold the 'chovies!-- for real! laugh.gif

RamonCota
Posted on 9 April 2009 - 03:24 PM                                    
Quote Post

Challengers Volunteer

SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:

awesome episode! i really enjoyed it.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 30 April 2009 - 02:50 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (MacNymph @ 7 October 2007 - 05:41 AM)
I just watched the episode again, and all you do is hear it and can't see if he actually said something else and they dubbed it....

Quite clear on my copy. He says "That's bush!"

Yeah I was channel surfing last night and stopped on a channel just in time to hear someone say "that was bush league!".

I then had to look it up and find out what the term means because I've never heard it before.

For our non-US members it means "Below good standards, not good or incorrect. Pitiful, poor, terrible, awful, bad,Amateur performance"

So Nymphys assessment would be pretty accurate I reckon. It's a polite way of telling the Ref he made a crappy call. laugh.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
dinoman
Posted on 30 April 2009 - 05:23 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:
Jacket:  Leather Biker
House:  Loft

QUOTE (Rockatteer @ 1 May 2009 - 06:50 AM)
For our non-US members it means "Below good standards, not good or incorrect. Pitiful, poor, terrible, awful, bad,Amateur performance"

Does the word mean the same as in 'Bush administration'? happy.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 1 June 2009 - 07:29 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

Did anyone else notice the fire trucks way down the street in the scene where MacGyver locks Simmons and his girlfriend in the car?

I found myself highly distracted last night while watching this scene, wondering what was going on up the street behind them. There were 2 trucks with their lights flashing, so must have been a fire or something in that building. It's quite a way up the street from them and has nothing to do with the scene. So I assumed they didn't close the street down for filming, or had to let the fire trucks in for a real fire call.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacNymph
Posted on 2 June 2009 - 01:26 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites
Episode:Rock The Cradle (today)

Little boys and fire trucks. happy.gif

What's the fascination? tongue.gif

~ MacNymph ~

Sometimes the uncontrollable urge to mess with people outweighs the millstone of humility.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 2 June 2009 - 01:47 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

QUOTE (MacNymph @ 3 June 2009 - 09:26 AM)
Little boys and fire trucks.  happy.gif

What's the fascination?  tongue.gif

They big and bright biggrin.gif.. with flashing lights and loud noise.... blink.gif

HEY!

I'm not a little boy! tongue.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Dennman
Posted on 18 March 2010 - 02:43 PM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Episode:Passages.

Love the olive bit early in this ep. Also I'm a fan of Joe Santos, great to see him on MacGyver. I'll have to pop this one in again just to hear Ricky-Dean say "Bush".

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Dr Zito
Posted on 11 July 2011 - 11:15 AM                                    
Quote Post

Special Forces Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:MacGyver 5x01

Im in the minority as always but I really thought this episode was thoroughly poor. The editing was shocking, the directing clueless, the lack of tension, the ridiculous and corny script, even mac's character seemed a bit off balance. The way they put together all the different stories was incredibly clumsy and the acting subpar. I cant think of any redeeming quality and frankly Im amazed anyone could enjoy it, but thats taste biggrin.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 12 July 2011 - 12:22 AM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

Your in a taste category all of your own aren't ya Zito. laugh.gif

Taste is in the eye of the beholder.. or something like that. wink.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (2) [1] 2  Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll