DXS Agent

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Blow Out
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat

QUOTE (Joe SAKic @ 9 October 2014 - 02:40 PM)
QUOTE (tvero @ 4 October 2014 - 01:10 PM)
Very strange story  Joe!!!
Sorry to disappoint you but I have nothing to say about fridges ( smile.gif ) or absent-mindedness connected with fridges (nothing odd found there  as far as I remember).
As for my English ,if you understand my messages it's great ,French people aren't reputed for their language skills.

Actually, I thought English was your first language. Did you learn it (English) at home or at school?

Thank you ,Joe . I take it as a compliment. I'm 100 % French.But I spent one year in England . And I practise a lot smile.gif I love your language.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Joe SAKic
Posted: 9 October 2014 - 04:46 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman 85-91

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

Ah, that's the best way to learn a language - full immersion in a cultural setting. No hiding at all & sort of baptism by fire! Très bien tvero! smile.gif

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination.

Whether you think you can or you can't .... you're probably right!

"Nature often addressed our problems much better than the doctor." - Henry Miller

"So shut up, live, travel, adventure, bless and don't be sorry." - Jack Kerouac

"No one is remembered for being normal" -- Albert Einstein

PMEmail PosterUsers Website                                                                     
tvero
Posted: 12 October 2014 - 11:08 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

Favorites

Merci Joe.I love your country too.I've been to Quebec twice before smile.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Wheeljack
Posted: 15 October 2014 - 08:47 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned: Adventurer

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Gold Rush, Invisible Killer

I think it would be fun to go to another country with a language you didn't know and live there for a year or two. I would totally pick up the accents, I've always been good at imitating the ones I've heard.

I'm going to be "moving" for the third time this year in a few days. I say that in quotes because most of my things are in a storage unit, so it's not a huge task, but I'm not one to move from place to place often, I usually live in an area for many years, so this is very odd for me. It's going to be my very last move before I start on my house, though, in fact I'm going to be building it on the same property as the place I'm going to be staying. Kinda excited, my friends there are the most awesome people in the world. smile.gif Also working on downsizing, getting ride of material stuff that I rarely ever use, my house will be quite small and I don't want it packed like a rat's nest. 1/3rd less is my goal right now. It's the stuff with sentimental that's hard to let go, but really what good is an item that lays in a box for five or ten years, only so you can pull it out and say to yourself Hey, I remember such and such for minute or two, then back it goes in the box to sit for years again. I want to live and be happy in the now, not cling to times long gone.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Joe SAKic
Posted: 20 October 2014 - 02:47 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

Favorites
Episode:

Bought one of those quadcopter drones recently with a pretty decent camera and gimbal on board. The remote control part is not too difficult to catch on to but controlling the camera direction/pitch and other functioning in tight quarters and rapidly changing lighting conditions - is a much steeper learning curve. Nevertheless, my first video has been produced! .....

https://vimeo.com/109409958

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination.

"Nature often addressed our problems much better than the doctor." - Henry Miller

denizen
Posted: 20 October 2014 - 09:00 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Tinker/Pioneer

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Human Factor

Thats incredible Joe!

"The bag's not for what I take, Colson - it's for what I find along the way."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
KiwiTek
Posted: 20 October 2014 - 02:07 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Episode:Runners

Amazing scenery.

Good work! smile.gif

MDDHosting - Professional Wed Hosting Solutions

PM                                                                     
Joe SAKic
Posted: 22 October 2014 - 02:23 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

Favorites
Episode:

Thanks Guys! smile.gif The model is the DJI Phantom Vision 2 Plus Quadcopter. It's a ball and ripe for macgyverisms too in the software and camera options departments .... if you've been nice & not naughty this year, it's well worth a request to Santa ..... here is an explanation of it's features:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptVJGrOpyok

denizen
Posted: 22 October 2014 - 09:09 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

This is one amazing little toy. biggrin.gif

(Writing his letter to Santa)

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Rocket
Posted: 20 November 2014 - 02:13 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Commander

Favorites
Episode:Hallowe'en Knights
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

Hope everyone up in the New York epic snow zone is OK! We've all got an eye cocked towards the Atlantic in case the whole lot comes over to us - takes about two weeks to migrate across, usually... unsure.gif

Rollerskating at right angles to reality

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Wheeljack
Posted: 20 November 2014 - 06:04 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

Favorites

Very little snow here in upper Illinois right now, but very cold. I still had lots I wanted to do outside before snow and bitter cold.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Joe SAKic
Posted: 21 November 2014 - 04:29 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

Favorites
Episode:

We use to have season tickets for the Buffalo Sabres and that lake-effect snow seemed to go on all winter long. Crazy. Nothing like this record & recent pileup but there would be no or little snow in Toronto (to the north) and then you would drive south a few hours and - bam - run into this perpetual snowstorm. And they are worried about a lot more roofs collapsing as it all starts to thaw out this weekend. sad.gif

MiracleMac
Posted: 23 November 2014 - 11:38 AM                                    
Quote Post

RIP friend. We'll miss you.

SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Episode:Ugly Duckling
House:  Loft

That was very great video Joe. I have also filmed that kind of landscape videos, but on the ground happy.gif with my nikon cameras. I bought my first camcorder about month ago, this Canon HF G30. Manual controls, lenshood, focus/zoom ring, tilting viewfinder with big eye cup, two accessory shoes, mic and headphone sockets, north-south zoom rocker all those good stuff.
The built in mic even makes also very high quality sound. Sony released also similar size handycam the CX900 with same kind of features. I love it biggrin.gif

"Colorado river kayak race, you and me shooting the rapids"

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Fellow Traveler
Posted: 20 December 2014 - 10:40 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Episode:

So, I'm considering a fashion make-over. But I'm not sure which road to travel: Should I go more into Mac's direction, keep an eye open for a Chevignon bomber (I'm currently wearing the jacket in my avatar, which is not a Chevignon) and get some lace-up boots similar to Redwing's Beckman? Or get a new pair of biker/cowboy boots and a longer leather coat or stick with my Barbour (which is starting to break down)?
I usually wear jeans, khakis, shirts and polos - these would go along with any shoe/jacket combination. Advantage of the first option is, that I wouldn't need a second pair of shoes during vacations in warmer climates, as I could wear the Beckmans with shorts, unlike the other boots.

Regards, J.W.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
cmbj67
Posted: 31 December 2014 - 06:28 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:Cease Fire, but not only

I just got back from my aunt's place, which is 2 hours-by-car away from here. We welcomed 2015 together, she's 78 y.o. but still strong (and with better memory than mine), and since she lives alone we decided to go there with her. It was good.

I'm not sleepy yet, so guess what I'm going to do now? Watch MacGyver of course, episode High control to be precise.

Considered that in US and other places is still 2014, HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Dancer
Posted: 1 January 2015 - 01:19 AM                                    
Quote Post

Trouble shooter

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

The club I work in had a massive new years party so I was working and partying at the same time. Great way to see in the new year.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Duckt tape
Posted: 20 January 2015 - 08:24 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

I assume that my post was deleted due to forum error and not because it was somehow inappropriate so I'm gonna post it again.

I have a new hobby biggrin.gif I've always loved ice skating and wanted to try figure skating but to be professional figure skater I should have started serious training as a 3 year old. Well I probably did start skating when I was 3 but it has always been just winter fun on a lake. But now I've found figure skating school for adults! Now I go skating 3 times a week. At the moment I'm about as talented as a 4 year old I only know the basics go forward, go backwards and some simple glides. But I'm so psyched! It's a dream come true happy.gif Last time I was able to stay a bit longer on the ice after the lesson. That feeling when I'm alone in the empty hall just me, music and ice.. it's just so amazing love.jpg I'd almost forgot how much I really love skating.

Other good news: I've got my first knitting order! happy_dance.gif I can't believe it! Someone actually appreciates my knitting so much she's willing to pay for it. happy.gif She saw on Facebook the socks I made for my father for Christmas and asked me if I could make similar ones to her husband. I might never be as good with drawing, writing and music as I'd liked to but at least I can knit smile.gif

Now the only problem is that I think too much about the value of my work. Because I get payed I want it to be perfect so that the buyer wouldn't think that she's wasting her money. But it's handmade! There's no such thing as a perfect handmade cos there's no such thing as a perfect human. There will always be some little mistakes. I try to keep in mind that the buyer is also a knitter so she knows what it takes to make what she's asking for and she wouldn't buy from me if she could knit the same thing by herself so she obviously appreciates my work. And I've already made those socks once, she'd seen them and asked for similar ones, so all I have to do is repeat the process. But I'm too nervous and lost all the confidence. It feels like I've lost all my talent. It's just made by ME. I mean.. I'm not professional why would anyone pay for something I make? Is it fair to take the money if it's not perfect?

PM                                                                     
Joe SAKic
Posted: 20 January 2015 - 11:11 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

Favorites
Episode:

Hasn't Microsoft taken money from consumers for decades that way. That is selling their software and knowing that
it has many bugs in it. sad.gif

That being said, if you knit me a sock with a hole in the toe ..... then I'm going to knock on your door. boxing.gif

Kidding (sort of) biggrin.gif .... go for it, have confidence and do your absolute best ... you can never lose doing things that you have a passion for! .

tvero
Posted: 20 January 2015 - 11:39 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

Favorites

Don't ask any questions, Duckt tape,just do it .It's great smile.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Duckt tape
Posted: 21 January 2015 - 05:50 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

Thanks guys *takes a deep breath* Yeah I can do it. I just gotta watch some MacGyver while I knit so I won't be worrying so much about some loose stitches biggrin.gif

PM                                                                     
tvero
Posted: 21 January 2015 - 06:11 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

Favorites

With MacGyver by/on your side ,you can't fail smile.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 21 January 2015 - 08:18 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites
Episode:Deadly Dreams
Jacket:  Black leather

You'll do fine Duckt_tape. smile.gif

I had some serious doubts about my current job. I didn't honestly think I could hack it. I gave the job and myself a fair shot, and here I am three months later. I'm doing really well, even thought I still have some doubts sometimes.

Watching MacGyver certain helps in the distracting department. wink.gif

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Wheeljack
Posted: 21 January 2015 - 11:09 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

Favorites

Duckt tape,

I think that person will probably be perfectly happy with them. They could've got socks ANYWHERE, but thought yours were coolest, so I think that means something. smile.gif

Home made can't be perfect you say? Well I'm glad you think so because I'm a perfectionist and have never been able to convince myself of that! biggrin.gif I'm not that way towards others, but when I feel something I've made isn't up to par it often gets thrown away and I start over. There's been so many art projects and things I've built over the years that may have been fine looking to others, but I didn't feel they were was as good as they could be and I tossed them out. Don't be like me! I get what you're saying when you wonder if what you made is good enough and wonder why someone would want it. I have a hard time even just showing others something I've painted or drawings. I'm very artistic and creative, but not very good, I don't think, and I'd freak out if someone wanted to actually buy something I've made.

Gack! Just deleted a whole paragraph. Oh well I'll rewrite it tomorrow. tongue.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Wheeljack
Posted: 22 January 2015 - 08:39 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

Favorites

I've forgotten exactly what wrote yesterday, but it was something along the lines of this:
If you've compared your knitting to other's work and yours looks close to or better, then don't be worried about it. If the stuff you make is kinda lop sided and falling apart, then you might wanna work on it a while, but I would imagine you're better that. smile.gif Be sure to post pics for us.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Duckt tape
Posted: 31 January 2015 - 01:16 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

I DID IT happy_dance.gif *happy dance* Took me long enough as I had lot of problems with my wrists and wasn't comfortable with the other sock so I had to rip it and start all over gain, but finally I got them done. And the buyer was so nice. I was feeling guilty about not being able to knit as fast as I normally do and was sure that she would ask her money back because I was too slow but she just asked me to take it easy, not to hurt my wrists more for her, and was actually surprised about how fast I was. Now I jut hope that the socks will fit and she'd like them.

Wheeljack I so know what you mean. I think I'll never be comfortable enough with my drawings, writings and music to ever show them to anyone. I just don't think I'm good enough. And with knitting I'm only comfortable to show my knittings to fellow knitters who understands what the process is like, and who don't know me in real life. Beside of my parents and brother only very few of my closest friends even knows that I knit and I hardly ever show my works even to them. I only post the pics to closed groups on facebook where I know that no one I know in real life will ever see them. Once noticed that a member of the group had been in same class with me at school and I wondered if I could ever pot anything to that group anymore but then I decided to keep on posting anyway as the girl had been in the group all the time and I just hadn't noticed so she'd probably seen all my previous work anyway.

I'll post you pics tomorrow. smile.gif

PM                                                                     
Rocket
Posted: 31 January 2015 - 02:17 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

Favorites

I knit too, Duckt tape - one more of us, one less of them! happy_dance.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 31 January 2015 - 02:44 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

Favorites
Episode:Deadly Dreams
Jacket:  Black leather

Hurray! Good for you Duckt tape!

I can't knit. I can sorta sew. lol Buttons, minor tears, etc, etc. So, kudos to you ladies! smile.gif

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Duckt tape
Posted: 3 February 2015 - 03:20 PM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Agent

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:

lol Jedi you just made quite fitting unintentional language joke as kudos in some finnish dialects means peace of knitting biggrin.gif
I promised to show you a pic so here it is smile.gif

Attached Image
Attached Image

PM                                                                     
Rocket
Posted: 4 February 2015 - 12:14 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

Favorites

Oh, very good! clapping.gif clapping.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 4 February 2015 - 12:26 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Great job, Duckt tape!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (28) « First ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll