Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Tinker/Pioneer

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Human Factor
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat

Thanks for your recommendations, ArildElvis! I have seen most of those and wholeheartedly agree! thumbsup.gif

"The bag's not for what I take, Colson - it's for what I find along the way."

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 22 November 2016 - 08:32 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

As we draw to a close for the year, i had to reminisce about what i thought without doubt were the best seasons of shows that were released this year and it wasn't tough to choose either. With so many new releases and so few with empty promise, these IMO were the winners this year...

user posted image

The Night Of was just simply classic cop show TV at its best. Had me from the get go and kept me in throughout the end. The main character was easy to connect to and felt like you were there with him.

user posted image

Still haven't read the book but 11.22.63 really blew me away. It was a time travel experience that felt sooo real. And the magic of it drawing you back to the 60's worked like a charm. The mystery behind the greater power and the nail biting plot made for a real treat.

user posted image

For somebody that never really enjoyed Game of Thrones, i decided to play catch up, slowly going through all the seasons. It was somewhat of a personal accomplishment when i caught up just before the 6th season premiered and it was all in good timing. Season 6 brought about a justice so many fans had longed for including an unforgettable start and an explosive finale which any fan can probably agree was the best season by far. 3 thumbs up! biggrin.gif

user posted image

Harley and the Davidsons was just a 3 part miniseries when it was released just 2 months ago but its production, story and its stars really brought this awesome story to life. Who would of thought that a tale of a bike would be so incredible. But it was. A real charmer and put a pleasant smile on my face.

user posted image

Lastly, we come to Stranger Things. This was a real surprise to fans of the 80's. Taking place in a small town during the 80's era, strange things start to occur the moment a small boy disappears. Many have seen this as Winona Ryder's return to fame and it is although the real stars of this show are the younger cast IMO. Amazing directing, great 80's score and soundtrack and great suspense and visual effects. And season 2 is on the way!

If you still have not seen any of the above, give em a go.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 6 December 2016 - 08:41 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight

Right now I'm watching Arrested Development. It's a funny show and has Henry Winkler in a funny supporting role as the family's no-good lawyer and there has been a great Fonzie reference of course when standing in a front of mirror about to comb his hair but doesn't.

But it's a great concept on how the Bluth's seem completely oblivious to what's happening around them and Michael (Jason Bateman) has to keep them all together. A movie was set to happen but after a 7 year hiatus a fourth season was made and there are still plans to make the movie and a fifth season.

If you like a good laugh, this one is for you.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 13 December 2016 - 07:09 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

I found The Golden Girls on YouTube. Extremely vague memories but I do remember the series finale. This was a show I used to watch with my mother as a kid but this goes waaaaay back into the early 90's. I especially like Estelle Getty and Betty White. Getty playing a rude elder woman and Betty White plays not exactly a smart person. Despite it's on YouTube the quality is not that great of course and besides season 1, I never found it on dvd, at least not in Europe, with exception of that first season. I sure am curious though of the guest stars. In the second episode Herb Edelman has a guest role as Dorothy's ex-husband. Of course I'm curious to who else might pass. Also in the two episodes I've seen, I'm glad there's also space for a touch of drama.

I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 13 December 2016 - 07:51 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Coincidentally Estelle Getty was the youngest of them all. She had to put on a wig for her role. biggrin.gif

Did you know that the show spun off in two other shows?

The Golden Palace & Empty Nest. smile.gif

If you like Estelle's performance i recommend watching Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot starring Sylvestor Stallone & Getty. It was very funny.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 14 December 2016 - 03:04 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Talking about flipping ages. I thought Dorothy looked pretty good.

Never knew about the spin-off.

I knew indeed that Estelle Getty starred in Stop! Or My Will Shoot. Which is Stallone's biggest disaster. That could've been a real career killer. Of course no blame to Getty. I've seen it twice and both times I thought it was bad. But apparently Brigitta Stenberg makes a small cameo as I think an airplane stewardess which Getty arrives in L.A.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Mr Duct Tape
Posted: 16 December 2016 - 08:21 AM                                    
Quote Post

DXS Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:

Finished my rewatch of Downton Abbey - Season 2 yesterday with the Christmas Special.

Good quality british tv drama for sure.

Currently I'm watching

Magnum, PI - season 1
Supernatural - season 2
Sopranos - season 3
The West Wing - season 2

"Ok hotshot, so you got yourself a golden brown palomino between your legs, and NO reins. Now what?"

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 26 January 2017 - 11:41 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Well, i have finally made it to Season 4 of Star Trek Next Generation. Haven't started watching yet but I'm here!

user posted image

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 6 February 2017 - 03:02 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

We decided to give Riverdale a watch a few days ago.
user posted image

For those of you that don't know, Riverdale is the latest incarnation of the world famous Archie Comic book. However if it is Archie that you're looking for, you won't find it. This is more of Dawson's Creek meets Twin Peaks. I kid you not.

And although it isn't necessarily bad viewing, it isn't what a lot of people were hoping/expecting.

Not sure if anyone has seen the Expanse yet. Season 2 has just aired but im still haggling on with season 1. Mainly because i find it difficult to watch. Reviews have been through the roof as it being the finest Sci-Fi show since Star Trek. Still I am willing to see the rest of season 1 through to give it a fair chance.
user posted image

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 8 February 2017 - 02:32 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Deadly Dreams
Jacket:  Black leather

I've been meaning to give Riverdale a try... it's looks really interesting.

Though, I just found out that Bill Nye is coming out with a new show starting on April 21st on Netflix. Because I was a huge fan of Bill Nye the Science Guy back in the day, I have to give it a try!

And because the theme song is now stuck in my head....

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 9 February 2017 - 08:10 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Ah! Bill Nye. Sheldon's favorite star. biggrin.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 2 March 2017 - 08:48 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Well its been out for a couple of weeks but we decided to start watching Santa Clarita Diet on Netflix.

Starring Drew Barrymore and Timothy Olyphant and telling the story about Sheila (Barrymore) who starts to undergo some odd changes which lead to catastrophic situations yet ultimately make her feel better. biggrin.gif

It's no lighthearted show but there is a slight appeal to it. Here's the trailer. biggrin.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 14 March 2017 - 08:30 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

In just 2 days...

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Jediferret
Posted: 15 March 2017 - 05:06 AM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Special Agent

SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Deadly Dreams
Jacket:  Black leather

I've watched some of Santa Clarita Diet, and it's "okay". Amusing, actually. Makes me think a bit of iZombie.

Zombies aren't my thing anymore though. lol

I actually have been watching Bob's Burgers a lot lately. Everyone kept talking about it, and I wasn't that into it at first, now I into the third season. I dunno how that happened.

I always started watching Parks and Recreation, which is funny.

I also just found out that season 7 of Game of Thrones isn't until July 16th. Last season maybe?? O_o

"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Joe SAKic
Posted: 15 March 2017 - 04:14 PM                                    
Quote Post

Phoenix Operative

SAK owned: Huntsman 85-91

Favorites
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

Caught the Making History - "Pilot" a few weeks ago. It was pretty good and recommended if you like those Back to the Future, changing the future, time travel situations.

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination.

Whether you think you can or you can't .... you're probably right!

"Nature often addressed our problems much better than the doctor." - Henry Miller

"So shut up, live, travel, adventure, bless and don't be sorry." - Jack Kerouac

"No one is remembered for being normal" -- Albert Einstein

PMEmail PosterUsers Website                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 15 March 2017 - 07:59 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Jedi, Santa Clarita has its moments but as i mentioned its not lighthearted. smile.gif

I used to watch iZombie but didn't like the formulaic routine. I still think Rose McIver (Star of the show) culd pass as a next generation Sarah Michelle Gellar Buffy. biggrin.gif

I saw a few episodes of Bob's Burgers. Not bad.

Game of Thrones Season 7 is the second last season. It will consist of 7 episodes and conclude in its 8th Season next year with just a measly 6 episodes.

Joe, Making History sounds like a lot of fun. smile.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 29 March 2017 - 08:13 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

We saw another episode of Santa Clarita Diet last night and it was really funny. biggrin.gif

This is one crazy show!

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 8 April 2017 - 03:45 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Now, I'm watching Zorro of the 90's with Duncan Regehr as Zorro. Also a bit of nostalgia. I used to watch this one as kid. I don't remember much from this. Now looking back at it, this one is kinda of lighthearted. And only 25-30 minutes long. The fights are fun and unharmful. Actually just some fast ticking of the swords and the one punch to win. Though I remember different actors. I knew there were two Alcaldes. A younger one and an older man and another actor who must've taken over the role of Zorro's father at some point. I'm sure I'll find out how that one goes.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 11 April 2017 - 05:02 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Never seen the Zorro TV series but it sounds interesting.

For those of you who were ever fans of Mystery Science Theater 3000, its coming back!!!!

Season 11 hits Netflix this Friday. It has a new cast with some oldies back for a cameo.
user posted image

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 11 April 2017 - 03:47 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Actually it is. I just think it's a pity though they decided to make the episodes only 25-30 minutes long. Making it 45 minutes wouldn't have hurt either. But maybe it is because they were targeting maybe a younger audience. I've seen people getting shot and no blood for instance. Zorro is pretty nice. Some episodes are directed by Mike Vejar. I think MacGyver and Zorro could've been great friends. Just as MacGyver, Zorro is a man of science, very in to chemistry. Also Zorro appears to come up with his own isms and diversions once in a while like explosive arrows and a hang glider. And it also give as interesting view on how Los Angeles came to be. Even the big Los Angeles we know now was once a small simple town with only one tavern and a town square and now it is one of the biggest cities in the world. It sure would make an interesting piece of history if I looked it all up on how the Spanish colonized the West Coast before both sides caught up with each other.

In other news... biggrin.gif

http://ew.com/tv/2017/04/11/stephen-king-t...-first-trailer/
The Mist gets a tv-series.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 11 April 2017 - 08:07 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Oh no. dry.gif

It will end up being another Under the Dome. The movie was great. They should have left it there.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 12 April 2017 - 02:46 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

I was always curious about Under The Dome though.

I remember thinking on how King adaptations seemed to have reached a lowlight. I remember Desperation and Kingdom Hospital being of the last in the old fashioned way or in miniseries style. Than years it seemed like nothing happened and than with Carrie's remake everything slowly seemed to be coming back. Dark Tower is being made, It gets a reboot, now The Mist.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 12 April 2017 - 03:24 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Darabont's movie is one of my favorites. I have actually now seen the trailer to the series and its disappointing IMO.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 20 April 2017 - 08:23 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

I have started watching L.A. Law again from season 1 and i'm loving it! It was quite possibly the first law show featuring an ensemble cast following their lives and relationships. Still a top show to watch. Always came across very smart and funny. It also knew when to be sensible and crazy at times too. The show was created by Steven Bochco and Terry Louise Fisher and was also a beginning point for a lot of people too such as David E Kelley who started off as an executive producer. Also featured a lot of would be stars such as Don Cheadle, Kathy Bates, David Schwimmer, James Avery, Gates McFadden, Bryan Cranston, Kevin Spacey, Carrie-Anne Moss, William H. Macy, Christian Slater, and Lucy Liu.

And a super theme from the brilliant Mike Post.

All the cast were great but i love Jimmy Smits, Richard Dysart, Michael Tucker & of course Corbin Bernsen.

user posted image

I believe there is currently a reboot / continuation in the works which will bring back original creators Bochco & Fisher along with some of the original cast now playing senior partners with a new batch of younger lawyers.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 20 April 2017 - 09:04 PM                                    
Quote Post

Administrator

SAK owned:

Favorites
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---

QUOTE (denizen @ 27 January 2017 - 08:41 PM)
Well, i have finally made it to Season 4 of Star Trek Next Generation.

That's the show that really hooked me into the Star Trek franchise. smile.gif

I still watch it regularly.

I also watch this... The best political drama ever!

user posted image

This show was quite good too....

user posted image

I was quite surprised at how well this show stands up to time. There's a lot to be said for good writing and story telling.
Despite an often slower pace, there's just something about this which holds your focus - well holds my focus anyway.

user posted image

Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 26 April 2017 - 05:11 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

L.A. Law, I heard about it when I was watching Ally McBeal.

Anyway, I'm in the third season of Zorro now. Taking it slow now, since I almost caught up with the airings. But season 2 had several great and darker episodes too.

Other shows I'm watching right now are Lethal Weapon and Zoo. I'll start with Zoo first. Watching the second season now and it has great pacing. Last fall, I have seen season 1 which was great but now it gets better and a few unexpected twists. Also again I think MacGyver would've fitted to be in this show. This is so his thing about biology and science, trying to find a cure working together with a group. This is a good concept about animals turning against mankind in order to exterminate them by working together with all the groups of animals.

Lethal Weapon is not so great so far. Though I did like the last episode but both of them are no Riggs and Murtaugh. Especially Murtaugh is just so wrong. The Murtaugh in the movies was at least respected by his family as a father and a police officer. This Murtaugh is not respected at all and he tries too hard to be the cool dad for his children which he clearly is not. His kids are not even named to the ones in the movies but neither was Riggs' wife. Vicky became Miranda. Nick became RJ (yes Roger Jr.) and his daughter Rianne is now called Riana. Seriously, Riana? Rihanna? I think Damon Wayans has to add a little more Jimmy Dix to the character. The guy who plays Riggs is a little better than I expected. The stunts are a little exaggerated, I've seen them doing stuff they didn't do in the movies, even Murtaugh. Still haven't heard his catch phrase of being too old for that s***. One big issue, I have are the songs during action scenes. I don't get what's so appealing of using songs during action sequences. It does not make it hip. I wish Michael Kamen was still alive or that they would at least get Eric Clapton and David Sanborn to bring the electric guitar and saxophone back. It's a little on the mediocre side and they should get Murtaugh a little more serious and keep the songs out and it'll be better. On a better note: Jordana Brewster plays a great supporting role.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 22 May 2017 - 01:18 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

user posted image
It's back. For a third season. Twin Peaks. Although I can hardly remember the previous series, it was weird and i did kinda enjoy it.

Last night episodes 1 & 2 aired back to back so needless to say, ill be watching tonight! thumbsup.gif

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 22 May 2017 - 07:05 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Some day, I will see Twin Peaks. happy.gif

I finished Zoo a while ago, which was great. Lethal Weapon is getting far better than it was in the beginning. I'm actually starting to like it. I finished Zorro until season 3 with the airings. 13 episodes more to go so I'll leave that until it's done so I can watch them all together.

I'm also watching 24: Legacy now which I actually really like. Yes, it's without Kiefer Sutherland, so no Jack Bauer. But they seem to be able to pull it off without him, yet he is still a producer of the show. The concept didn't change, just the charactes. All new characters but the concept stays the same. I don't consider this a continuation of the original show but more like spin-off. It did however made me hungry for the old show, so I bought the first two seasons to start with again.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
denizen
Posted: 22 May 2017 - 08:22 PM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

24 Legacy has unfortunately been cancelled. So no season 2.

I saw the first episode to Twin Peaks' 3rd season and wow! Freaky stuff. But I highly recommend it if you were ever a fan of the original show.

MacGyverGod, i actually saw the pilot episode to Zorro the other day. It was a little campy but fun.

PMEmail Poster                                                                     
MacGyverGod
Posted: 23 May 2017 - 02:41 AM                                    
Quote Post

Director of Intelligence

Favorites

Than it's just a tenth season to me. And last night I did saw one familiar face, besides Miranda Otto.

As with most (older) shows early episodes are usually testing. I actually missed the pilot episode a long with four others when they aired because I didn't know about the airings. Yet it doesn't really matter since in season 1 there is a bigger storyline set over four episodes that shows the true beginnings of Zorro called The Legend Begins. It tells the story on how Diego went to college in Madrid, how he learned to use swords and that he came back on the insistence of his father because Los Angeles fell under the reign of the Alcalde and that the town was in need of someone who supported the people. Maybe those episodes are even better to start with. Season 1 was indeed a bit campy and it always has been that way. Season 2 has a lot darker episodes though.

PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (10) 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll