010 - Target MacGyver
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll
 
How did you rate this episode?
user posted image [ 1 ]  [2.13%]
user posted image [ 8 ]  [17.02%]
user posted image [ 6 ]  [12.77%]
user posted image [ 13 ]  [27.66%]
user posted image [ 19 ]  [40.43%]
Total Votes: 47
Guests cannot vote 
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
Hannibal_Smith
Posted on 17 February 2022 - 03:36 AM                                    
Quote Post


Special Forces Agent
***

Posts: 111
Joined: 25 Feb 2011
Gender:  
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  



QUOTE (MacGyverOnline @ 15 February 2022 - 11:29 PM)
QUOTE (Hannibal_Smith @ 14 February 2022 - 02:54 PM)
Couple random things I noticed when I watched it this time around:

The pickup truck Harry drives when he's getting MacGyver from the bus station.  Is that the same one that MacGyver drives in the later seasons of the series, just black instead of beige?  If so, that's a nice touch. 

"Come on, Harry, you're the one who taught me it's about the fishing, not the fish."  A Jack O'Neill moment twelve years before he played Jack O'Neill.  Safe to assume that's a Richard Dean Anderson real-life truism.

No. The black one in Target Mac is a ford. The yellow one is a Chevy.

It's still a nice throw back. I guess they just wanted something a little nicer looking for the screen though.

Thanks for the correction. Ah well. Would have been a nice touch.



 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
Myrtle Groggins
Posted on 25 August 2025 - 08:38 PM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 228
Joined: 10 Nov 2015
Gender:  Female
Country: Europe
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 2
Episode:Birth Day, Soft Touch
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  ---
House:  Second Loft



It is possible that a crewwoman played General Kenney? She does, as we say today, give hairdresser vibes



 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
Myrtle Groggins
Posted on 26 February 2026 - 05:33 PM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 228
Joined: 10 Nov 2015
Gender:  Female
Country: Europe
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 2
Episode:Birth Day, Soft Touch
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  ---
House:  Second Loft



I still love this episode but I will point out that this is basically a silent movie. Over 80% of dialogue is looped on and it was either directed with faces not seen or we see them not actually talking. Even stranger, it totally works. I only noticed it many years on and it doesn't take away from the feel of the episode at all. Maybe even feels realistic.



 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
macgybl
Posted on 27 February 2026 - 10:23 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 276
Joined: 25 Dec 2007
Gender:  Male
Country: USA
SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:The Survivors
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



I never noticed that or maybe I did but didn't care? I'm guessing because most of the epiosde was outdoors?

Still in my top 10



 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:
     

 Topic Options Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 [4]  Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll