110 - High Control
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll
 
How did you rate this episode?
user posted image [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
user posted image [ 2 ]  [10.00%]
user posted image [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
user posted image [ 11 ]  [55.00%]
user posted image [ 7 ]  [35.00%]
Total Votes: 20
Guests cannot vote 
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 10 December 2006 - 12:22 PM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



Every week I will be posting a new topic titled "Episode Discussion". In this we will discuss an episode, what we liked about it, what we didn't like, etc.


Episode 119 - High Control

A former motorcycle gang member trying to go straight is blackmailed into pulling one last job with his old gang.



Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
MacGyver
Posted on 10 December 2006 - 06:09 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 2,135
Joined: 23 Jan 2004
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Observatory



I enjoyed "High Control" a lot! I think it's a great episode- particularly like that it starts with MacGyver on a secret mission breaking in- it was fun seeing him with all the camoflauge on and all.
And Earl Dent returns! I don't know that he's necessarily my favorite supporting character- but I've liked Dick Butkus pretty well in other productions (like "My Two Dads" smile.gif )- and I like him pretty well as Earl Dent. I think the main thing that made this episode for me was the bickering between him and Montana!
biggrin.gif
And once again, MacGyver somehow gets roped into letting someone stay at his place- but despite his initial misgivings- he's okay with it in the end.
You can always count on MacGyver for that!
And it was great to see Mac pull out his motorcycle and get the biker jacket going on. The MacGyverisms were pretty cool here too- broken glass to cut a rope, ether to knock someone out- and a nice big explosion at the end! blowup.gif
So I thought it was overall a pretty fun episode.

duct.gif sak.gif



 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGod
Posted on 11 December 2006 - 12:46 AM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,777
Joined: 14 Jan 2004
Gender:  Male
Country: Belgium
SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



As usual a good if not excellent episode. The opening was great. On the moment he wants to go he gets busted and takes off. Also great when he climbs over the fence, dead end and then in the bar, a second later they bang out and starts fighting. Great episode with Earl Dent and Montana was very good for the comic relief. The way she acted was nearly of being a real ***.
By the way a bit of trivia: Jerry Kluge was actually Commander Hilliard in Renegade. Sometimes it's really unbelievable that actors can be changed so much. The guy who played Steve in Renegade was one of the cowboys, (I think Kid Curry) in MacGyver's Women. Lisa's mother in Twenty Questions was Marie in Renegade and Zamora in The Gun was actually the general in Kill Zone.
Anyway this was a funny episode. Dent preparing his question when MacGyver walks out. MacGyver realising that Montana actually wants him to take Dent in his house or either that he knows he's going to ask him to live with him even though he doesn't want to.
For the first time a MacGyverism that doesn't work? Anyway it ended up in a cool fight and of course the sacrifice of that trike.
'I love that trike.'
This episode also marks the return of Pete since MacGyver's Women, although we know why.
Great episode and great humor. Both genres mixed and that's the way I like it.
By the way Rock this episode is 119.



I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

 
PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Top
Lothithil
Posted on 12 December 2006 - 06:06 AM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,214
Joined: 3 Dec 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Camper&Swissbit

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Good ep!

I would have given this one an 'Excellent' but for Montana. That woman grates my nerves in a way that I had once thought impossible. She is way too over-the-top dramatic. I know she's supposed to be hardened and bitter... but jeez! The woman belongs in a psych-ward, not a parole office!

Loved Dent and 'Mechanic' (MacCanuck) and everything else! Especially Mac's momentary pause while trying to chose which helmet to wear, then discarding both because "they'd never buy it". laugh.gif



Everyone, sometimes, needs a camel.

Old troubleshooters never die...
They just wait til the last moment and then rescue themselves!

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGod
Posted on 12 December 2006 - 07:56 AM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,777
Joined: 14 Jan 2004
Gender:  Male
Country: Belgium
SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



QUOTE
I would have given this one an 'Excellent' but for Montana. That woman grates my nerves in a way that I had once thought impossible. She is way too over-the-top dramatic. I know she's supposed to be hardened and bitter... but jeez! The woman belongs in a psych-ward, not a parole office!

She was just great. The way she snapped sometimes is hilarious.

'I am a parole agent not a nanny alright?'
'How can I call for back up if I don't even know where we are?

By the way, did we all recognised Tommy Giordano?



I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

 
PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Top
Macs Lab Rat
Posted on 24 December 2006 - 07:34 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 1,027
Joined: 6 Apr 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: Scotland
SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:Jack in the Box (...possibly!)
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



QUOTE (MGod)
This episode also marks the return of Pete since MacGyver's Women, although we know why.

Yeah. His itchy eyes and need for a magnifying glass show them begin to bring Danas illness in to the show. sad.gif

QUOTE (MacGyverGod @ Dec 11 2006, 08:06 PM)
By the way, did we all recognised Tommy Giordano?

No! not until you mentioned it! laugh.gif

I am curious by the opening bio toxin story line and would have liked to know how the phoenix foundation were going to stop the bio weapon threat.

I didn't mind Montana really. She was pretty jaded by her job and what she’s seen and I don't think MacGyver was right saying she needed to take her job more personally. You'd get too involved if you did that and it would really get to you in a job like that. She maybe needed to act more professionally and give the parolee the time and effort she should but she shouldn't take it more personally.

QUOTE (MacGyverGod)
For the first time a MacGyverism that doesn't work?
it didn't work as a "small explosion" when the guy stepped on it but it worked great when attached to a gas cylinder and smashed in to the van. I guess the guy stepping in it wasn't heavy enough to set it off. It’s not Mac’s fault the guy was skinny! laugh.gif



 
PM                                                                     
Top
Liz1976
Posted on 18 August 2008 - 02:29 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 1,170
Joined: 2 Jun 2008
Gender:  Female
Country: United States
SAK owned: Unsure:red

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Widowmaker
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



QUOTE (Macs Lab Rat @ 24 December 2006 - 07:34 AM)

I didn't mind Montana really. She was pretty jaded by her job and what she’s seen and I don't think MacGyver was right saying she needed to take her job more personally. You'd get too involved if you did that and it would really get to you in a job like that. She maybe needed to act more professionally and give the parolee the time and effort she should but she shouldn't take it more personally.


She is also "jaded" by the fact that as she tells Mac (after Dent escapes the houseboat with a really funny fall from the roof) that her parents were junkies and that they talked about wanting to go straight but never did. sad.gif



"For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."

1 Timothy 2:5 NIV version of the Bible

 
PM                                                                     
Top
dinoman
Posted on 5 October 2008 - 02:25 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Agent
*****

Posts: 748
Joined: 3 Sep 2008
Gender:  Female
Country: Hong Kong
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Leather Biker
House:  Loft



Mac in leather jacket and on bike were enough to justify my Excellent vote, topped with his expression when he agreed to go with Dent to the parole office and let him to stay at his houseboat, just like he talked to himself: I can't believe I said that! blink.gif




 
PM                                                                     
Top
Beachbead
Posted on 29 April 2009 - 06:06 AM                                    
Quote Post


Unregistered




Gender:  
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  



The opening was great but the rest of it wasn't that good.



 
                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 17 August 2009 - 07:08 PM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



I love the look on MacGyver's face when Dent crashes through his porch roofing after having just told whats-her-face that Dent wasn't there.

The classic raised eye-brows "Well that was unexpected." look.

makes me laugh out loud every time.



Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
jennkurz
Posted on 13 March 2011 - 02:03 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 214
Joined: 14 Apr 2010
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned: tinker

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:passages/ outsiders/ ma dalton
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Blue snow/outdoors
House:  House boat



hated klugs delivery of lines. always looked like he was in pain or retarded



 
PM                                                                     
Top
uk_mac_fan
Posted on 30 November 2013 - 05:29 PM                                    
Quote Post


Special Forces Agent
***

Posts: 186
Joined: 16 Jul 2013
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Loft



QUOTE (dinoman @ 5 October 2008 - 03:25 AM)
Mac in leather jacket and on bike were enough to justify my Excellent vote, topped with his expression when he agreed to go with Dent to the parole office and let him to stay at his houseboat, just like he talked to himself: I can't believe I said that! blink.gif

Coming in a little late, but the backwards cap and blackened face was worth it too blush.gif



 
PM                                                                     
Top
redskittles
Posted on 21 January 2014 - 07:23 AM                                    
Quote Post


Challengers Volunteer
*

Posts: 21
Joined: 8 Jun 2013
Gender:  Female
Country: East Coast, USA
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Hell Week
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



QUOTE (MacGyverGod @ 12 December 2006 - 08:56 AM)
QUOTE
I would have given this one an 'Excellent' but for Montana. That woman grates my nerves in a way that I had once thought impossible. She is way too over-the-top dramatic. I know she's supposed to be hardened and bitter... but jeez! The woman belongs in a psych-ward, not a parole office!

She was just great. The way she snapped sometimes is hilarious.

'I am a parole agent not a nanny alright?'
'How can I call for back up if I don't even know where we are?

By the way, did we all recognised Tommy Giordano?

I didn't care for Montana at all. This show needed more likeable, competent women. I think Butkus did a fine job, and I enjoyed the episode as a whole and rated it "good." Mac looked good in the leather jacket and riding the motorcycle and I agree that it was funny when he decided to not wear either helmet, and he was right not to!

I didn't recognize the boy as Tommy, but I did recognize him as Georgie from the "It" miniseries from 1990. I love Stephen King's work!



 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGod
Posted on 21 January 2014 - 10:18 AM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,777
Joined: 14 Jan 2004
Gender:  Male
Country: Belgium
SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



That was Georgie? You recognise Jay Brazeau as the cab driver at the end? He played Mr. Zamora in The Gun and the General in Kill Zone.

You might be surprised how many Mac-actors show up in Kings adaptations.



I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

 
PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Top
cmbj67
Posted on 4 August 2014 - 10:53 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Agent
*****

Posts: 647
Joined: 27 Jul 2014
Gender:  Female
Country: Milan, Italy
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:Cease Fire, but not only
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



I just watched this episode. It's a good episode to me, when I want to smile from the start to the end. smile.gif

Dent and Montana are funny and I like RDA with leather jacket and motorcycle, which is his own, another one of the real things of MacGyver.



 
PM                                                                     
Top
Jediferret
Posted on 4 August 2014 - 03:05 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 3,482
Joined: 20 Sep 2012
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Deadly Dreams
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



LOL! I remember when Mac rolled out in the leather jacket and motorcycle, I remember thinking to myself... I wonder just how much of a bad boy he was in his youth. Probably the safest bad boy you'll come across really. XD



"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
uk_mac_fan
Posted on 4 August 2014 - 03:30 PM                                    
Quote Post


Special Forces Agent
***

Posts: 186
Joined: 16 Jul 2013
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Loft



QUOTE (Jediferret @ 3 August 2014 - 11:05 PM)
LOL!  I remember when Mac rolled out in the leather jacket and motorcycle, I remember thinking to myself... I wonder just how much of a bad boy he was in his youth.  Probably the safest bad boy you'll come across really. XD

Oh, but what a bad boy blush.gif whistle.gif



 
PM                                                                     
Top
Dennman
Posted on 14 September 2014 - 01:39 AM                                    
Quote Post


Trouble shooter
**

Posts: 59
Joined: 12 Mar 2010
Gender:  Male
Country: USA
SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Thief of Budapest.
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



I always liked this one- also with the legendary Don Stroud!!!



 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
Rocket
Posted on 20 September 2015 - 07:46 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 852
Joined: 10 Mar 2013
Gender:  Female
Country: England
SAK owned: Commander

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:Hallowe'en Knights
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



I love the face Mac pulls when he says that Dent can stay with him.
There's real pain there! roller.gif



Rollerskating at right angles to reality

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Hannibal_Smith
Posted on 14 June 2017 - 02:02 PM                                    
Quote Post


Special Forces Agent
***

Posts: 111
Joined: 25 Feb 2011
Gender:  
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  



Just watched this and was going "damn, Kluge looks familiar... but from where?" Turns out, he was the jerk criminal-posing-as-sheriff in Django Unchained. Definitely not where I expected to find a MacGyver actor. It's nice that they're still finding work.

Favorite scene: MacGyver going "nah, they'd never go for it..." Cut to him riding out on a motorcycle in full Sons Of Anarchy regalia. Is there anything he CAN'T do?



 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
zoeryan
Posted on 15 October 2018 - 07:11 PM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 361
Joined: 3 Oct 2018
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Lthrman Squirt

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:ETSS, Partners
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



I went with excellent, fun seeing Mac undercover, loved both his reluctance and his inability not to care. Montana was a bit annoying but not too over the top, compared to some other characters we've had.

It was great his paste didn't work - but it seemed there was still some danger of it drying enough to go off, so I felt Mac and the others should have been trying to avoid it in the doorway, but all of them went and stood right in it!!



"I'm not perfect.... yet."

"Are you crazy?" "It's been rumored..."

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Myrtle Groggins
Posted on 25 October 2025 - 10:02 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 227
Joined: 10 Nov 2015
Gender:  Female
Country: Europe
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 2
Episode:Birth Day, Soft Touch
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  ---
House:  Second Loft



Montana was a good audition to play a Klingon I guess

Also Don Stroud plays his villains markedly differently between characters and episodes, like Dale Wilson, and others.



 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:
     

 Topic Options Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll