079 - The Invisible Killer
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll
 
How did you rate this episode?
user posted image [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
user posted image [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
user posted image [ 1 ]  [4.35%]
user posted image [ 3 ]  [13.04%]
user posted image [ 19 ]  [82.61%]
Total Votes: 23
Guests cannot vote 
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 10 November 2006 - 01:23 PM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



Every week I will be posting a new topic titled "Episode Discussion". In this we will discuss an episode, what we liked about it, what we didn't like, etc.


Episode 79 - The Invisible Killer

MacGyver leads a backpacking expedition into the wilderness for a Phoenix Foundation stress-reducing program. But stress levels run high when some of the group turns out to be convicts from a local prison break.



Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
Macs Lab Rat
Posted on 12 November 2006 - 01:07 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 1,027
Joined: 6 Apr 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: Scotland
SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:Jack in the Box (...possibly!)
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Votes from May 2006
Poor [ 0 ] [0.00%]
Average [ 0 ] [0.00%]
OK [ 0 ] [0.00%]
Good [ 8 ] [61.54%]
Excellent [ 5 ] [38.46%]
Total Votes: 13

Archived Posts
Posted by: Sjaop Mar 12 2006, 10:32 PM
QUOTE
WoW! One of my all time favourites! I absolutely love this episode. It's been a while since I last saw it, but I remember I totally loved this one.
Another "survival" episode.
I'll be watching it somewhere next week or so, as I'm watching S4 at the moment (I'm a nutter, but I want to watch all episodes chronologically)
When I saw the name on the disc casing my heart jumped with joy!
Yeah, I'm definately going to watch it somewhere next week! jump.gif jump.gif 


Posted by: Kim_K Mar 13 2006, 01:50 AM
QUOTE
This episode borrows a lot from a movie that I saw some time ago. But hey, I´ts a good ep. =) 


Posted by: MacGyverGod Mar 13 2006, 02:28 AM
QUOTE
I voted good. This is yet another great episode with the camp fire scene at night being the best part of the episode. Mac tries to keep the moods and it's like everybody is suspect. Great!! 


Posted by: MacGyver Mar 13 2006, 01:44 PM
QUOTE
"The Inivisible Killer" must be one of the most suspenseful MacGyver episodes ever! This was a great episode. I really liked the whole mystery of wondering which one of the group was actually an escaped killer waiting to strike! smile.gif
And MacGyver had a particuarly cool scene where he almost fell off the rope bridge and was hanging on for dear life! I love that kind of last minute escape stuff. And the MacGyverisms were great too- the traps in the woods- that's just the kind of stuff MacGyver is great at. I enjoyed this episode a lot.
sak.gif duct.gif 


Posted by: MacsChick Mar 13 2006, 02:10 PM
QUOTE
This episode reminded me of a murder mystery kind of story, but instead of being set inside a mansion, it was outdoors in the middle of nowhere, which makes it much scarier! ohno-smiley.gif They did a good job with the psychology of the characters, making it difficult to figure out who might be the escaped convicts, proving that it's hard to tell sometimes if someone has a criminal mind or not. I remember the first time I saw this episode, I thought the really uptight and angry guy might be the convict, because he seemed so uncomfortable, but of course they wanted us to believe that. I also thought the guy with the glasses was the least likely, and yet he turned out to be one of them! ohmy.gif

There's beautiful scenery in this one, too. I'm probably moving to western Oregon after school's done, and I love the Cascades area. It's so lush and green!

MacGyver's well..."MacGyverisms" were great in this one, too, using nature as a weapon against the bad guys, just like he did in Target MacGyver. I liked his interaction with the park ranger lady, too. I thought he was very sweet to her and protective. blush.gif

Interesting trivia bit...the sarcastic Italian guy is in Hitch, if anyone's seen that movie. smile.gif 

Posted by: Lothithil Mar 14 2006, 07:16 AM
I love Mac when he is in 'woodsman survival mode'! I voted excellent!

I do wonder, however, how badguy #1 managed to go back and drop the bridge after they crossed but before Pete and rangerwoman got there... I figured someone would have noticed him being gone that long!

Still, great ep! Held my breath during the 'dangling off of the bridge' scene! surprise.gif
cool.jpg 

Posted by: Sjaop Mar 14 2006, 07:24 AM
QUOTE
*shush* don't give away too much yet, I still got to go watch it....



Even though I've seen it about 6 times now... laugh.gif wink.gif 


Posted by: Pseodonym Mar 14 2006, 03:46 PM
QUOTE
QUOTE 
QUOTE
I'll be watching it somewhere next week or so, as I'm watching S4 at the moment (I'm a nutter, but I want to watch all episodes chronologically)


Yeah...anytime I watch any show or a set of movies I have to watch them chronologically. I have gotten better, but I am still pretty neurotic about it...gotta love those quirks 460.gif


QUOTE
QUOTE 
I also thought the guy with the glasses was the least likely, and yet he turned out to be one of them! 



Actually, the guy with the glasses was my first suspect...I didn't suspect the other guy at all, but of course I was only expecting one convict not 2 so it threw me off a bit, as it should.

It is deffinately a good episode, lotsa suspense and watching mac in wilderness settings is always fun biggrin.gif


Posted by: MacGyverGod Mar 15 2006, 05:36 AM
QUOTE
QUOTE 
Interesting trivia bit...the sarcastic Italian guy is in Hitch, if anyone's seen that movie. 


Yeah, that's Adam Arkin, he shows up every now and then in a movie.


Posted by: Sjaop Mar 16 2006, 07:41 AM
QUOTE
YaY! I've watched it today!
My fav part is... everything in this one! I like all episodes which take place somewhere in the middle of nowhere.
I like the part where he's knocked off the brigde and hanging on to the sides.
I also like the MacGyver-trap to take out one of the bad guys too.

rockatteer Posted on Mar 23 2006, 05:13 PM

QUOTE


QUOTE 
Apparently, RDA insisted that he do that stunt himself...woo! He must've had fun and been scared at the same time, not to mention how freaked out the production people must've been! 



It wouldn’t have been dangerous at all, because he would have been wearing a safety harness… which is probably why he wanted to do it… Whats the bet he let go on more than one occasion while filming that scene...

WWWWWWEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.....................

laugh.gif 


Pseodonym Posted on Mar 23 2006, 05:14 PM


QUOTE

Yeah, it wouldn't have been dangerous...but even with a harness I would have been freaking, I don't think I will ever bungee jump lol biggrin.gif 


MacsChick Posted on Mar 24 2006, 02:38 PM

QUOTE
I can just picture it now, Rock! He's just the kind of person to do something like that, taking risks. I think that's one of the reasons I like him. But yeah, I read that he got in verbal arguments with his stunt guy over who should do the stunts. That's our Rick! wink.gif 
   







thlayli87 Posted on May 6 2006, 06:20 AM
QUOTE


Good episode.

Didn't RDA generally tend to do a lot of the stunts himself? 



rockatteer Posted on May 6 2006, 12:29 PM


QUOTE
yes...as many as they would allow him to do. 



 
PM                                                                     
Top
Nutsy
Posted on 5 September 2007 - 05:58 AM                                    
Quote Post


Special Forces Agent
***

Posts: 108
Joined: 5 May 2007
Gender:  
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  



Speaking about dangerous stunts, I watched this yesterday and despite the harnesses or millions of security measures they surely took when shooting this, the stunt at the bridge scares your socks off; there are hundreds of things that may go wrong no matter how much security you put to it. This is one of the best, and definitely one of my favs (I did not know until I read this RDA had insisted in doing this himself.) Was it before this season that he had his back injury?



 
PM                                                                     
Top
Astra
Posted on 5 January 2008 - 11:31 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Agent
*****

Posts: 664
Joined: 6 Oct 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: Germany
SAK owned: Ambassador

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



With the hope to grab one of those Gatecontickets tomorrow I pulled out that episode tonight since there was talking among people about maybe doing some hiking and walking over this particular suspension bridge while being in Vancouver.

Now that I watched it I'm not so sure anymore I want to take part in it, though laugh.gif I mean, yeah, it surely is safe, but it also is swinging a lot! And very high!

So, harness or not, it surely let some adrenalin rushing in this hanging scene. It definitely did in me, and I was only watching!
And I could not see any harness when Mac was climbing back over the hand rail. Wonder how they did that.

This is a very suspensing episode and I love how they don't show us in the beginning who the murderer was, and you keep suspecting everybody - for the wrong rucksack, for the too large boots, for the guy that doesn't want to hear the radio news...

And everytime I watch it I'm speculating again, since I always forget who it was! smile.gif And I also like that it is not over after they found the bad guy and think they can relax. That is a surprising turn.

I also just today got the double meaning of the English title with the "Invisible killer".


I don't believe that the MacGyverism with the pepper in the face worked, though. This guy wore glasses, after all, so nothing or not much of it would have gotten into his eyes. At least not enough to make him stumble into the deep.

I wear glasses and I can't count how often they have protected me from getting somebody into my eyes that doesn't belong there.



Funny pics with Stargate actionfigures at http://dieastra.livejournal.com/

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Zerocool1089
Posted on 26 December 2008 - 11:18 AM                                    
Quote Post


Challengers Volunteer
*

Posts: 11
Joined: 26 Aug 2008
Gender:  Male
Country: United States
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



This was a great episode, and every time I watch it I get pulled in with the suspense. Now after watching once you are pretty much aware of who the killers are, but I never getting tired of watching The Invisible Killer. It's really one of the great episodes of Season 4... it has the right amount of action/adventure and mystery.



 
PM                                                                     
Top
Murdoc12
Posted on 26 March 2009 - 08:40 AM                                    
Quote Post


Special Forces Agent
***

Posts: 135
Joined: 11 Mar 2009
Gender:  Male
Country: USA
SAK owned: Super Champ

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Assassin & Partners
Vehicle: Motorcycle
Jacket:  Leather Biker
House:  House boat



I really like this episode. All the "who is the murderer" theme was pretty cool. I liked the holly berries in the coffee thing. Very cool. Yeah and the part at the end in that tower-thing was also very cool. I, naturally, voted EXCELLENT. biggrin.gif



"In this game almost does not count."~Murdoc

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Beachbead
Posted on 9 April 2009 - 09:53 AM                                    
Quote Post


Unregistered




Gender:  
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  



I've loved the stunt scene at the bridge.



 
                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 9 April 2009 - 11:11 AM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



Yep. this episode is high on my list of favorites.

I don't think there's anything about this episode I don't' like. For me it's classic, iconic MacGyver.






Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
aatgmac
Posted on 13 May 2009 - 05:34 AM                                    
Quote Post


Trouble shooter
**

Posts: 88
Joined: 8 Mar 2009
Gender:  Female
Country:
SAK owned: Minichamp

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Yes this episode I love, can't fault it.

Except the sheriff...not checking out the base camp? When he probably took the guy who he murdered's car and ID? Isn't that bit...I just think would be bit obvious thing to check.



-Every Action has an equal and opposite reaction

 
PM                                                                     
Top
kristiina86halonen
Posted on 21 February 2014 - 10:52 PM                                    
Quote Post


Challengers Volunteer
*

Posts: 28
Joined: 14 Feb 2014
Gender:  Female
Country: Finland
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Excellent episode!

What about the story, that John Rich and Dana Elcar told on MacGyver Seminare, that it was RDA himself, who's hanging from the bridge? Dana Elcar directed this episode and John Rich panikced after seeing the dailies, "Hope there's a safety wire on him!" And there's pictures, too, in internet about filming this scene.



 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGod
Posted on 22 February 2014 - 04:41 AM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,777
Joined: 14 Jan 2004
Gender:  Male
Country: Belgium
SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



It's known RDA did most of his own stunts and especially there are some close-ups of him in that scene, so yeah it's him hanging there.

I'd answer John Rich: 'No, there isn't.' tongue.gif



I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

 
PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Top
Jediferret
Posted on 22 February 2014 - 07:50 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 3,482
Joined: 20 Sep 2012
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Deadly Dreams
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



LOL! RDA actually mentioned this in another Joan Rivers interview. He talks about the labyrinth of cables and how he would just release to dangle there over the river because it was "exciting".

It seems RDA doesn't have Mac's fear of heights. heehee

Here's the interview for those who haven't seen it. smile.gif



I did like this episode a lot. I'm a bit partial to Season 4, so I love most of the episodes. But they certainly had me guessing until the end. wink.gif



"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
kristiina86halonen
Posted on 23 February 2014 - 11:27 PM                                    
Quote Post


Challengers Volunteer
*

Posts: 28
Joined: 14 Feb 2014
Gender:  Female
Country: Finland
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



I like RDA was very physical. His movements, even when just running from point A to point B, were very smooth and light. All those climbings and jumpings and hangings from something (like in Wish Child, too) or even fallings and rollingsover are great pleasure to watch. And all those escaping from under the water scenes - love them! And this escaping from the hangingrope noose in MacGyver's Women should be classic! It was amazing! Sadly, this episode (MacGyver's Women) is so underrated.



 
PM                                                                     
Top
KiwiTek
Posted on 24 February 2014 - 07:44 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 4,093
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:  Male
Country: NZ
SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Runners
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



MacGyver out in the woods. What's not to like?

macsak.gif




 
PM                                                                     
Top
denizen
Posted on 24 February 2014 - 09:06 AM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,069
Joined: 24 Jan 2013
Gender:  Male
Country: South Africa
SAK owned: Tinker/Pioneer

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Human Factor
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Totally agree. This was a great episode.



"The bag's not for what I take, Colson - it's for what I find along the way."

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
themacgyverproject
Posted on 25 March 2015 - 04:48 PM                                    
Quote Post


Special Forces Agent
***

Posts: 118
Joined: 23 Feb 2015
Gender:  Male
Country: USA
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Gauntlet
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Asked Stephen Downing a few questions about this episode. Here's the full post, but I pasted his comments below.

NS: The episode was directed by Dana Elcar (he also directed "The Challenge" earlier that season). I was wondering why he chose to direct this episode (or direct in general). He does a great job - the entire episode is extremely well done with great attention to detail.

SD: Part of Dana’s deal for the season was to direct two episodes that season. He did not choose which ones to direct but was scheduled according to which episode worked best for his schedule and that of the production company. The deal was made at the top of the season, and this was the script that was ready when all else fell in place.

NS: The scene on the suspension bridge is very well filmed and it looks like they're actually on a bridge that is quite high, even when MacGyver is hanging off of it. I was curious if you remember anything about how that was filmed.

SD: That is the Capilano suspension bridge, just outside of Vancouver. It was a very difficult job to film the sequence - - as it was done on the actual bridge. Lots of safety concerns, but our stunt coordinator pulled it off with many hidden wires, safety procedures and multiple camera set ups.

NS: One of the actresses in this episode is Julie Downing (she also appeared in a later episode), and I was curious if she's any relation to you.

SD: Julie is my daughter and was an aspiring actress at the time. She had done a great deal of voice over work. This episode was her first acting job.



 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
KiwiTek
Posted on 25 March 2015 - 05:30 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 4,093
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:  Male
Country: NZ
SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Runners
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



QUOTE (themacgyverproject @ 25 March 2015 - 05:48 PM)
NS: The scene on the suspension bridge is very well filmed and it looks like they're actually on a bridge that is quite high, even when MacGyver is hanging off of it. I was curious if you remember anything about how that was filmed.

SD: That is the Capilano suspension bridge, just outside of Vancouver. It was a very difficult job to film the sequence - - as it was done on the actual bridge. Lots of safety concerns, but our stunt coordinator pulled it off with many hidden wires, safety procedures and multiple camera set ups.

user posted image

user posted image

More behind the scenes photos in our photo gallery biggrin.gif








 
PM                                                                     
Top
themacgyverproject
Posted on 25 March 2015 - 05:38 PM                                    
Quote Post


Special Forces Agent
***

Posts: 118
Joined: 23 Feb 2015
Gender:  Male
Country: USA
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Gauntlet
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Thanks for the link - just browsed the photos and there's some great stuff there! That photo of RDA hanging off the bridge with 10 people crowded around him is priceless.



 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
denizen
Posted on 25 March 2015 - 07:33 PM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,069
Joined: 24 Jan 2013
Gender:  Male
Country: South Africa
SAK owned: Tinker/Pioneer

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Human Factor
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Fascinating!



"The bag's not for what I take, Colson - it's for what I find along the way."

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGod
Posted on 26 March 2015 - 09:19 AM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,777
Joined: 14 Jan 2004
Gender:  Male
Country: Belgium
SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



That camp fire scene is indeed a great moment. Nobody seems to trust each other but Mac just sits there trying to keep a good atmosphere and smiles.

Of course this episode deserved his place in the series intro when Mac falls and grabs the suspension bridge.

I always thought Chuck wasn't putting up an act. The bridge seemed like really an unexpected obstacle for him.

I also just found out that park Ranger Liz is played by Jean Bruce Scott who appeared as Maggie Poole in Magnum PI in several episodes.



I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

 
PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Top
Rocket
Posted on 26 March 2015 - 08:17 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 852
Joined: 10 Mar 2013
Gender:  Female
Country: England
SAK owned: Commander

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:Hallowe'en Knights
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



QUOTE (MacGyverGod @ 26 March 2015 - 09:19 AM)


I also just found out that park Ranger Liz is played by Jean Bruce Scott who appeared as Maggie Poole in Magnum PI in several episodes.

Oh, good grief! So she does!
Well spotted smile.gif



Rollerskating at right angles to reality

 
PM                                                                     
Top
themacgyverproject
Posted on 27 March 2015 - 03:10 AM                                    
Quote Post


Special Forces Agent
***

Posts: 118
Joined: 23 Feb 2015
Gender:  Male
Country: USA
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Gauntlet
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



One of my blog readers who lives in Vancouver commented that he's pretty sure that the bridge is actually the Lynn Valley/Lynn Canyon bridge contrary to what Downing (and Wikipedia) say. (Not that Wikipedia would ever be wrong. smile.gif ) I see Lynn Valley on the filming locations page on this site too, and the google images of that bridge certainly look just like the one in the episode. The reader said lots of people get them confused.



 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
MACGYVERISMYDAD
Posted on 27 March 2015 - 03:59 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Agent
*****

Posts: 481
Joined: 21 Dec 2005
Gender:  Male
Country: USA
SAK owned: Exec. Wenger

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:Halloween Knights
Vehicle: Motorcycle
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



Awesome just awesome episode. This is one of those iconic episodes that you show to a friend who never has seen Macgyver before to try and get them to fall in love with the show. Macgver and the woods just goes so well together. Love the mystery about who is the killer. I remembered thinking the killer was the italian guy the first time I saw this episode. Everytime you think you know who the killer is, something happens to make you change your mind. Has a good number of macyverisms from the pepper gun, to the trap door snare, just using the whistle to get the park ranger womens attention, to the mysterious pile of brush that the bad guy can't seem to help but investigate. I always laugh at that part. If you are on the run and have taken a hostage, would you really stop to investigate a smoking pile of brush and sticks? Perhaps even though he was a cold blooded killer he was afraid it would cause a forest fire and he didn't want to burn down the forest. laugh.gif

Even despite the funny pile of brush, I love the action scenes from the near bridge fall, to the berries in the drink, the one con punching the other out "look at me" boxing.gif Pete really once again does what only he can do in showing great acting towards the worrying and caring of his friend who is out there with convicts. All in all, this is one of my go to comfort episodes that no matter how many times I watch it, I never get tired of it.



Now technically I'm driving a stolen car following a kidnapping... and I didn't even get to have my first cup of coffee. (Mac)
Your burning hot MacGyver... And so is Pete! ! (Murdoc)
Does anyone have a knife?? Yes...it has lots of different blades (Macgyver music plays while mac examines the knief) ...I know
Why are you taking your pants off?? You got a better idea? I'm still trying to figure out what yours is!!

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
KiwiTek
Posted on 27 March 2015 - 08:12 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 4,093
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:  Male
Country: NZ
SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Runners
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



QUOTE (themacgyverproject @ 27 March 2015 - 04:10 AM)
One of my blog readers who lives in Vancouver commented that he's pretty sure that the bridge is actually the Lynn Valley/Lynn Canyon bridge contrary to what Downing (and Wikipedia) say. (Not that Wikipedia would ever be wrong. smile.gif ) I see Lynn Valley on the filming locations page on this site too, and the google images of that bridge certainly look just like the one in the episode. The reader said lots of people get them confused.

Yes, you're reader is correct. It was the Lynn Canyon Bridge.

We had it incorrectly marked as being the Capilano bridge for a while until we took a closer look at it and, I think, one of our members posted some pictures of the area to show it was the same as what we see in the episode.



 
PM                                                                     
Top
Dennman
Posted on 18 July 2015 - 03:18 AM                                    
Quote Post


Trouble shooter
**

Posts: 59
Joined: 12 Mar 2010
Gender:  Male
Country: USA
SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Thief of Budapest.
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



Just watched this one back to back with Final Approach. Great episode. I wonder how high that bridge was?



 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
KiwiTek
Posted on 18 July 2015 - 02:58 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 4,093
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:  Male
Country: NZ
SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Runners
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



QUOTE (Dennman @ 18 July 2015 - 03:18 AM)
Just watched this one back to back with Final Approach. Great episode. I wonder how high that bridge was?

According to Wikipedia it's 50 metres (160 ft) (about 15 stories) high from the bottom of the canyon.

So you'd be in pretty bad shape if you fell off it.




user posted image

user posted image

user posted image



 
PM                                                                     
Top
cirubit
Posted on 20 July 2015 - 06:25 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Agent
*****

Posts: 425
Joined: 30 Mar 2010
Gender:  Male
Country: ITALY
SAK owned: various

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:phoenix under siege
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Great episode.
One of my favourites of this season.

But the story is similar to Shoot to Kill movie.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096098/

Who copied who?




 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
KiwiTek
Posted on 20 July 2015 - 01:22 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 4,093
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:  Male
Country: NZ
SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Runners
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Well this episode came out a year after that movie, plus the MacGyver writers have a bit of a track record with basing episodes from movies... so....laugh.gif




 
PM                                                                     
Top
cirubit
Posted on 21 July 2015 - 07:41 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Agent
*****

Posts: 425
Joined: 30 Mar 2010
Gender:  Male
Country: ITALY
SAK owned: various

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:phoenix under siege
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



I'm asking because in my country (Italy) the episodes were been broadcasted 2-3 years later.




 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
denizen
Posted on 21 July 2015 - 04:26 PM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,069
Joined: 24 Jan 2013
Gender:  Male
Country: South Africa
SAK owned: Tinker/Pioneer

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Human Factor
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Ironic that South Africa was actually synonymous with airing seasons about a year or so later yet MacGyver was always on time.



"The bag's not for what I take, Colson - it's for what I find along the way."

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:
     

 Topic Options Pages: (2) [1] 2  Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll