102 - Hearts of Steel
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll
 
How did you rate this episode?
user posted image [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
user posted image [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
user posted image [ 5 ]  [38.46%]
user posted image [ 5 ]  [38.46%]
user posted image [ 3 ]  [23.08%]
Total Votes: 13
Guests cannot vote 
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 21 November 2006 - 09:05 PM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



Every week I will be posting a new topic titled "Episode Discussion". In this we will discuss an episode, what we liked about it, what we didn't like, etc.


Episode 102 - Hearts of Steel

A young girl is kidnapped by disgruntled steel-mill workers who want revenge on her father for closing down the mill.



Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
Liz1976
Posted on 5 June 2008 - 09:06 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 1,170
Joined: 2 Jun 2008
Gender:  Female
Country: United States
SAK owned: Unsure:red

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Widowmaker
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



Ok, I liked the character of Lisa Woodman and the actress who played her (and I refuse to try to spell it), Mayim B. She was on Blossom, and in some movies namely Beaches. Great young actress.
In Cease Fire Lisa is at school and helps Mac when he is wounded by a gunman and framed for an assination attempt. it is a greta episode. But at the end, Lisa tells Mac that she and her parents are going to live at home all three together.
In this episode, Hearts of Steel, Lisa is kidnapped. Where is her mother? ohmy.gif
As a parent of 2 kids, this doesn't make sense to me at all. mad.gif
There is no mention of her at all! Even if I was away, I would have flown or driven back like a madwoman!
Lisa's dad comes off as a real jerk one minutes without regard for the people whose lives he impacts, and then he acts worried about his daughter. Then he intends to lie to Travers at the end to save Lisa, and intends to break his promise, until lisa convinces him. I always wondered what happened. Did he make good on his promise to Lisa? hmm.bmp
I liked how Mac interacts with both Lisa and Ingrid. He tries to play peacemaker between Lisa and her dad, during the face composite scene which is great alltogether. I like the way he talks to Ingrid, after they rescue her, and Mac is exploring her shoes, and finds the steel shavings. I like that Mac holds his hand up when Eric Woodman snaps at Ingrid. Mac is gently but firmly telling Eric to shut up. It is interesting to me that given Eric's line of work that he accepted that. He was used to bulldozing over people in his line of work. But, obviously, Mac and Lisa and her family had some contact-Eric had Mac's phone number, maybe not. Maybe Lisa gave the number to Mac and then didn't see him again until this event months later. I like to think that Mac kept in touch with her.



"For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."

1 Timothy 2:5 NIV version of the Bible

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 20 October 2008 - 01:24 PM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



Yeah I wonder where the mother was during all this as well.

We can make up all sorts of explanations of where she may have been, but the point is there is no explanation in the story, it's like she doesn't exist. Very weird.




Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
Beachbead
Posted on 29 April 2009 - 01:50 AM                                    
Quote Post


Unregistered




Gender:  
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  



I wondered that too where was hewr mother.



 
                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 11 June 2009 - 09:38 PM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



Is it possible that Lisa's parents had split up in this episode?




Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
Liz1976
Posted on 11 June 2009 - 11:33 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 1,170
Joined: 2 Jun 2008
Gender:  Female
Country: United States
SAK owned: Unsure:red

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Widowmaker
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



Yeah it is quite possible.



"For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."

1 Timothy 2:5 NIV version of the Bible

 
PM                                                                     
Top
jennkurz
Posted on 9 March 2011 - 04:14 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 214
Joined: 14 Apr 2010
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned: tinker

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:passages/ outsiders/ ma dalton
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Blue snow/outdoors
House:  House boat



we have to assume that her parents are still together becuase they are all living together in the next seasons 20questions where lisas mother is prominently featured. weird that she wasnt even represented or mentioned in this episode



 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 9 March 2011 - 06:25 PM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



Oh, good point.



Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
jennkurz
Posted on 13 March 2011 - 02:38 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 214
Joined: 14 Apr 2010
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned: tinker

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:passages/ outsiders/ ma dalton
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Blue snow/outdoors
House:  House boat



anybody else find it convienent or wierd that mac meets this little girl and her parents at a boarding school in switzerland and they just HAPPEN to live within short driving distance from macs house, halfway around the world. small world i guess



 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 13 March 2011 - 09:06 AM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



laugh.gif Yeah, now that you mention it, back in that time it would be fairly unlikely I would think.

Now days it's probably pretty likely with the amount of international travel and relocation etc that goes on, but back in the early 90's.. not so much.






Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
Rocket
Posted on 5 May 2013 - 08:16 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 852
Joined: 10 Mar 2013
Gender:  Female
Country: England
SAK owned: Commander

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:Hallowe'en Knights
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



I voted OK for this episode.

Lisa's father really isn't a likeable character and the story was OK but not spectacular.

For me the best bit was Mac sneaking around in the steel mill and working out how to use the (mysteriously still live) machinery to his advantage. I'd never have thought of sliding down the bannisters like that, though! whistle.gif



Rollerskating at right angles to reality

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Jediferret
Posted on 5 May 2013 - 10:23 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 3,482
Joined: 20 Sep 2012
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Deadly Dreams
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



I actually love the fact he lands and then falls over, causing himself to have to roll back onto his feet... well... sorta. I haven't seen this episode in a while though. I also love that when he goes over the fence before he goes into the building, he falls on his butt. Graceful Mac... very graceful. XD But, I love that Mac is presented like that... just a regular guy that is sometimes a klutz.

I like this episode, but it's not one of my favorites. I think it's because the father got on my nerves after a while. =P The latter half of the episode is better then the beginning, I think. But, that's just me. It's okay... I'll have to rewatch it again soon. happy.gif



"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
NewMacFan
Posted on 12 August 2013 - 04:26 PM                                    
Quote Post


Challengers Volunteer
*

Posts: 27
Joined: 8 Aug 2013
Gender:  
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  



QUOTE (Rocket @ 5 May 2013 - 08:16 AM)
I'd never have thought of sliding down the bannisters like that, though!

What part is this at? I think I must have missed it somehow...



 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGirl
Posted on 13 August 2013 - 04:52 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Agent
*****

Posts: 524
Joined: 3 May 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Superchamp

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Too many to choose from
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



Isn't it possible that Lisa's parents were still separated in this episode, but not yet formally divorced? Then, in Twenty Questions, perhaps they were trying to live together again and reconcile with each other, though they (clearly) had a long way to go.



Do not pity the dead. Pity the living, and above all, those who live without love. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

You don't eat things like that, you call pest control! Kate in The Gauntlet

What's that?
Lateral... cranial... impact... enhancer. *whack* Last Stand

 
PM                                                                     
Top
KiwiTek
Posted on 13 August 2013 - 12:39 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 4,093
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:  Male
Country: NZ
SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Runners
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



QUOTE (MacGirl @ 13 August 2013 - 04:52 AM)
Isn't it possible that Lisa's parents were still separated in this episode, but not yet formally divorced? Then, in Twenty Questions, perhaps they were trying to live together again and reconcile with each other, though they (clearly) had a long way to go.

That is a plausible explanation.

Did Lisa say her parents were separated in Cease Fire? (I haven't seen any Lisa episodes for a while, might have to watch them tonight.)

If she did say they were separated then this would be a a pretty good explanation, a shame they didn't include it in the storyline though isn't it.






 
PM                                                                     
Top
uk_mac_fan
Posted on 23 November 2013 - 05:49 PM                                    
Quote Post


Special Forces Agent
***

Posts: 186
Joined: 16 Jul 2013
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Loft



QUOTE (Jediferret @ 5 May 2013 - 11:23 AM)
I actually love the fact he lands and then falls over, causing himself to have to roll back onto his feet... well... sorta.  I haven't seen this episode in a while though.  I also love that when he goes over the fence before he goes into the building, he falls on his butt.  Graceful Mac... very graceful. XD  But, I love that Mac is presented like that... just a regular guy that is sometimes a klutz.

I like this episode, but it's not one of my favorites.  I think it's because the father got on my nerves after a while. =P  The latter half of the episode is better then the beginning, I think.  But, that's just me.  It's okay... I'll have to rewatch it again soon. happy.gif

I wonder how many takes that took sliding down the stairs blink.gif

user posted image



 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGod
Posted on 23 November 2013 - 09:59 PM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,777
Joined: 14 Jan 2004
Gender:  Male
Country: Belgium
SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



Maybe just one, being the one that he falls. Or maybe he had many takes doing them all perfectly and than with the last one he falls. Or maybe they waited till he fell.



I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

 
PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Top
Grazer
Posted on 23 November 2013 - 10:48 PM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 231
Joined: 27 Oct 2013
Gender:  Male
Country:
SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 2
Episode:The Eraser
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Is that RDA or the stunt man? It seems like something they would want a stuntman to do because if he falls during that he could get serious back damage and since he's already had back problems it does't seem like something he or the producers would risk.

The face in that screen shot doesn't really look like RDA's either.




"One time we were on a camping trip. This bear ate all our food! I got all wimpy scared, but my grandpa, he said to me, 'Bud. . . we'll just go grazing.'"

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
kristiina86halonen
Posted on 18 February 2014 - 11:42 PM                                    
Quote Post


Challengers Volunteer
*

Posts: 28
Joined: 14 Feb 2014
Gender:  Female
Country: Finland
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



He looks like RDA for me! I've read they took only view shots filming MacGyver, 'cause they didn't had time for over and over- shots. One on-camera rehearsal, two takes, and then on to the next scene.
The falling looks so real, that maybe it was just an accident, not written in script.



 
PM                                                                     
Top
MiracleMac
Posted on 19 February 2014 - 06:25 AM                                    
Quote Post


RIP friend. We'll miss you.
******

Posts: 1,063
Joined: 25 Oct 2011
Gender:  Male
Country: Finland
SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Ugly Duckling
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Loft



I'm same mind with kristiina that it might have been only a "little" accident, because maybe they didn't care about that fall and didn't wanted that little landing has to be just perfect, I mean if someone else would try that trick in "real life situation", it would be possible that he will stumble too.



"Colorado river kayak race, you and me shooting the rapids"

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Jediferret
Posted on 19 February 2014 - 06:42 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 3,482
Joined: 20 Sep 2012
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Deadly Dreams
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



RDA is a klutz in real life, or so he says. You'll notice through out the series that he does often trip over things, fall over, knock himself off his feel, etc, etc, etc.

I actually find that this made MacGyver a more realistic character. RDA's falls were most likely accidents. Somehow I doubt RDA would purposely falls on his butt, but Mac's fighting style is anything but graceful, so it works. lol



"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
sylvain1888
Posted on 15 November 2020 - 11:04 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 280
Joined: 19 Jul 2020
Gender:  Male
Country: France
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 6
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



QUOTE (MacGyverOnline @ 19 October 2008 - 05:24 PM)
Yeah I wonder where the mother was during all this as well.

We can make up all sorts of explanations of where she may have been, but the point is there is no explanation in the story, it's like she doesn't exist. Very weird.

Same thought, not a word on Mama Lisa, it feels weird



 
PM                                                                     
Top
sylvain1888
Posted on 15 November 2020 - 11:05 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 280
Joined: 19 Jul 2020
Gender:  Male
Country: France
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 6
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



QUOTE (jennkurz @ 12 March 2011 - 06:38 AM)
anybody else find it convienent or wierd that mac meets this little girl and her parents at a boarding school in switzerland and they just HAPPEN to live within short driving distance from macs house, halfway around the world. small world i guess

We will say that it is "chance"



 
PM                                                                     
Top
sylvain1888
Posted on 15 November 2020 - 11:10 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 280
Joined: 19 Jul 2020
Gender:  Male
Country: France
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 6
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Mac and Lisa

Attached Image
Attached Image



 
PM                                                                     
Top
sylvain1888
Posted on 15 November 2020 - 11:11 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 280
Joined: 19 Jul 2020
Gender:  Male
Country: France
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 6
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Multiple Images

Attached Image
Attached Image



 
PM                                                                     
Top
sylvain1888
Posted on 15 November 2020 - 11:12 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 280
Joined: 19 Jul 2020
Gender:  Male
Country: France
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 6
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

Attached Image
Attached Image



 
PM                                                                     
Top
sylvain1888
Posted on 15 November 2020 - 11:39 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 280
Joined: 19 Jul 2020
Gender:  Male
Country: France
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 6
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



the only good points here are: the scene from the start at the mall, I like it, I find it firmer, the dynamism of Lisa, as in "cease fire" and the steelworks, she is magnificent, it is a place that I never tire of seeing, but that's all the rest is really not terrible, it's a bit of a weak point of the season more Eric, Grrr I don't like him, a real shark.

I wonder, how could Travers not see the love Mac is dropping onto the car, when Travers is only a few feet away?



 
PM                                                                     
Top
sylvain1888
Posted on 15 November 2020 - 11:42 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 280
Joined: 19 Jul 2020
Gender:  Male
Country: France
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 6
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat






 
PM                                                                     
Top
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:
     

 Topic Options Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll