Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:all of them
Vehicle: ---
Jacket: ---
House: ---
Hey guy's Tom here
just thought I would say merry christmas and Happy new year to everyone.
Hope your having a MacGyver christmas.
I have just completed my DVD collection I bought season 6 and 7 last week to make the set.
Im in the middle of watching SG-1 at the moment so it look's like this year im having an SG-1 Jack O'neill christmas, but hey I can still wear my mac jacket and boot's.
Posts: 374
Joined: 6 Nov 2005
Gender: Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Climber
Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Faith, Hope & Charity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket: Brown bomber
House: House boat
For some people, this time of year can be a bit depressing - with all the social responsibility involved, the weather turning bad and shorter days - less sunlight - longer nights... You know, all that meterological stuff...
I've always enjoyed "The Madonna" episode because it gets me to thinking and reflecting on friends and family - animals included - people and places that are gone now. It makes me a little sad, because it brings back memories, as well as hopes and dreams that we shared.
But it's also a season of renewal - getting a fresh start with the new year - a chance to start over and make things better.
I usually try to stay busy, and after doing all the "family stuff", I reserve a little time just for me - some private time to be alone with my thoughts so I can think about how this year was different from the others - the gains and losses - and then add it to the record book in my mind.
So, with that thought in mind, whatever holiday you guys celebrate this time of year.... "Have a Merry One!!"
Oh, by the way... about "The Madonna"... it's definitely a 3 kleenex episode.
That which has been established will endure even with time and at a distance.
I can't tell you anything about what happens after the cameras go off, mostly because I'm usually unconscious by then.
I think many people find this the most stressful time of the whole year. And I can see why… normally quite shopping areas, are flooded with crazed shoppers pushing and shoving as they hunt down Xmas gifts. I guess they don’t call it the silly season for nothing.
I personally have found this year pretty stressful, with kids changing minds about what they want, and having to run back and forth to different towns looking for what they want etc.
I can see how many people find it hard to be jolly and merry when they’ve just spent half their months pay on a single shopping trip and are left wandering how to pay the bills with whatever money’s left in the bank.
But in spite of all that… watching your kids open their Santa presents... eyes bugging out with joy as they find exactly what they asked for and then digging back into the bag to see what else Santa has left for them. That’s the real magic of Xmas. That makes it all worth while.
I hope all or members are able to find the magic of Xmas in some form or other.
Posts: 7,777
Joined: 14 Jan 2004
Gender: Male
Country: Belgium
SAK owned: Don't know
Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket: Black/Navy flight
House: House boat
QUOTE
For some people, this time of year can be a bit depressing - with all the social responsibility involved, the weather turning bad and shorter days - less sunlight - longer nights... You know, all that meterological stuff...
I kinda like that.
QUOTE
But it's also a season of renewal - getting a fresh start with the new year - a chance to start over and make things better.
That's true. I'm planning to make up list of what I'm going to do next year. In matters of school, work, money.
QUOTE
Oh, by the way... about "The Madonna"... it's definitely a 3 kleenex episode.
No it's not.
QUOTE
I hope all or members are able to find the magic of Xmas in some form or other.
I hope so. After twelve years we're finally celebrating Christmas at my place again.
I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver. Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you. It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.
Favorites
Season: season 2
Episode:Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket: Brown bomber
House: House boat
I agree with the stress thing! We didn't even begin any shopping until December...I'm usually done by then because I hate dealing with the rush on stores...sheesh...just stopping at the local Walmart (not a "super" one and the only department store for 30 miles) to pick up toilet paper means a 10 minute wait in line from Thanksgiving to New Years! So that's where most of my stress comes from...waiting in line for the basics... But I love shopping for the perfect gift, something with meaning, for everyone on my list, because God gave us the perfect, most meaningful Gift in His Son (and, for me, that's the true spirit of Christmas). Anyway this year was fun shopping because hubby got involved and picked a lot of things (he hates to shop). Isaiah loves John Deere tractors AND Legos...we managed to find (quite unexpectedly) a John Deere Lego set! I'm really looking forward to the magic of Christmas morning this year...making cinnamon rolls, watching Isaiah's face light up, reading our favorite Bible passages about the nativity. My other major source of stress usually comes from figuring out where we're spending Christmas...my family lives 3 hours away and they hardly see us for holidays, so we usually try to make it for Christmas. This year we can't make it, and we're spending it in our own house...and I think that's why I'm looking forward to it so much this year.
Well, I hope you all have a very MerryChristmas! And a Happy New Year, of course! May it be filled with blessings...and, well, MacGyver!
"It's amazing what one can do when one doesn't know what one can't do." Garfield the Cat
"Another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities. I'm a sucker for mornings." MacGyver
I'm just done wrapping all my presents. And there even are some left for next years birthdays as well. I do not join the people desperate trying to find something - anything - in the last weeks of the year, I usually buy something when I happen to see it and then wait for the next opportunity to give it away. Actually did I buy the first Christmas present back in January when I was at vacation
Years ago our family decided that we don't need expensive presents anymore, since everyone already has everything he needs. If you know somebody very well and are able to find something really special for him that's much more important.
I understand that for kids the presents are very important but I certainly don't like the attitude of some people "if I give him this then he has to give me this" - that's not what Christmas is about.
I'm happy with the way things are, I don't need a big house or a car. There are certainly people that have much less than me.
I wish you all a few nice days, alone or with the whole family!
Posts: 524
Joined: 3 May 2005
Gender: Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Superchamp
Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Too many to choose from
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket: Black leather
House: House boat
Hope everyone has a great Christmas and an even better 2007!
I decided to forego the Christmas gift rat race this year... I don't have the money to buy stuff anyway. Besides, it's my way of protesting the American love affair with money, and the commercialization of Christmas. Christmas is supposed to be about peace and reconcilation and family, not about buying more crap.
Do not pity the dead. Pity the living, and above all, those who live without love. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
You don't eat things like that, you call pest control! Kate in The Gauntlet
What's that? Lateral... cranial... impact... enhancer. *whack* Last Stand
just stopping at the local Walmart (not a "super" one and the only department store for 30 miles) to pick up toilet paper means a 10 minute wait in line from Thanksgiving to New Years! So that's where most of my stress comes from...waiting in line for the basics...
ooohhhh.. I thought you ment the stress was from having to wait 10 minutes in line before you can use the toilet paper.
Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Rock The Cradle (today)
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket: Black/Navy flight
House: House boat
QUOTE (MacGirl @ Dec 24 2006, 06:52 AM)
Besides, it's my way of protesting the American love affair with money, and the commercialization of Christmas. Christmas is supposed to be about peace and reconcilation and family, not about buying more crap.
I love the way you said that, like the tradition of Santa Claus and gift giving didn't arrive in America on the boats from Europe.
Like it's a phenomenon of the Bush administration or something.
~ MacNymph ~
Sometimes the uncontrollable urge to mess with people outweighs the millstone of humility.
Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Rock The Cradle (today)
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket: Black/Navy flight
House: House boat
I think stress must be a relative thing. My father for instance. Wednesday night, frantic, he tells me he needs a list. And while I'm at it, make a list for Mom too.
*shakes head*
I tell him I don't have a list, can't think of a thing, but Thursday morning hand him a list for my Mom (I loves the Mommy)
Two hours later I walk into his office where he sits in front of the computer...
I stare at him.
"What?"
"Do you know what today is?"
"Thurdsay?"
"Silly man, today is the day before everyone is going to take a Friday off. "
"Your point?"
"A Friday off to go Christmas shopping. Are you mad, man?!?! MOVE IT! MOVE IT! MOVE IT!"
He was gone in a flash
~ MacNymph ~
Sometimes the uncontrollable urge to mess with people outweighs the millstone of humility.
I'm grateful, the few gifts I needed I had bought or made myself a while ago, so no stress thanks God.
QUOTE (Amy @ Dec 24 2006, 12:59 AM)
But I love shopping for the perfect gift, something with meaning, for everyone on my list, because God gave us the perfect, most meaningful Gift in His Son (and, for me, that's the true spirit of Christmas). Anyway this year was fun shopping because hubby got involved and picked a lot of things (he hates to shop). Isaiah loves John Deere tractors AND Legos...we managed to find (quite unexpectedly) a John Deere Lego set! Well, I hope you all have a very MerryChristmas! And a Happy New Year, of course! May it be filled with blessings...and, well, MacGyver!
Thanks again for the cool gifts! I hope everyone had finally a nice, peaceful Christmas and I wish everyone who celebrate a 2nd Chrismasday with family, friends or just on his own a great time. And I second the blessings and wish you a lot of extra time for MacGyver!
Snowdiver
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)