123 - Strictly Business
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll
 
How did you rate this episode?
user posted image [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
user posted image [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
user posted image [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
user posted image [ 4 ]  [11.11%]
user posted image [ 32 ]  [88.89%]
Total Votes: 36
Guests cannot vote 
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
Liz1976
Posted on 11 June 2008 - 12:18 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 1,170
Joined: 2 Jun 2008
Gender:  Female
Country: United States
SAK owned: Unsure:red

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Widowmaker
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat




He appeared to me to be talking about Ashton's death and nibbling at the food--like he was contemplative.



"For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."

1 Timothy 2:5 NIV version of the Bible

 
PM                                                                     
Top
SHEILA
  Posted on 11 June 2008 - 03:32 PM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 248
Joined: 27 May 2008
Gender:  Female
Country: East Texas
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 7
Episode:The Stringer
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  Second Loft



I really liked this epo.too. I love the fact the Mac lost his memory and slowly ganied it back only to relive all the pain in his life.Definetly one on my faves.



Walk in Love,Walk in service,and you will walk in honor. My beloved son Angus.

An Army Of One
Be Army Strong.

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Liz1976
Posted on 9 November 2008 - 09:50 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 1,170
Joined: 2 Jun 2008
Gender:  Female
Country: United States
SAK owned: Unsure:red

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Widowmaker
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



QUOTE (MacGyverGod @ 8 January 2007 - 08:08 AM)
In a hand to hand combat. They fought in Cleo Rocks and again in Strictly Business.

And in Widowmaker on the cliff. Obsessed they had a jeep between them --maybe Murdoc needed the jeep to feel superior hmm.bmp



"For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."

1 Timothy 2:5 NIV version of the Bible

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Murdoc12
Posted on 13 March 2009 - 01:05 PM                                    
Quote Post


Special Forces Agent
***

Posts: 135
Joined: 11 Mar 2009
Gender:  Male
Country: USA
SAK owned: Super Champ

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Assassin & Partners
Vehicle: Motorcycle
Jacket:  Leather Biker
House:  House boat



I loved this one, though I think "Partners" is the best Mac/Murdoc episoded. It had Pete, Jack, and Murdoc's awesome disguises. happy.gif



"In this game almost does not count."~Murdoc

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Miasma
Posted on 14 March 2009 - 03:20 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 1,045
Joined: 9 Oct 2008
Gender:  
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  



QUOTE (Rockatteer @ 11 June 2008 - 12:05 PM)
QUOTE
Murdoc mentions that the food is vegetarian, and we know that Mac eats healthy food, but what about Murdoc?

Doesn't he eat a bit of the food and screw his face up at it?

We see Murdoc eating a chicken leg when he's in that woman's house, so unless it's a very convincing tofu chicken leg, I think it's safe to assume he's not vegetarian.



 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacsChick
Posted on 14 March 2009 - 02:05 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 1,889
Joined: 11 Jan 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Passages
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



Sure, it makes perfect sense that he wouldn't be vegetarian. He's a predator and a carnivore. nasty.gif



"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

--Henry David Thoreau

brains+brawn+beauty+personality=MacGyver

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Murdoc12
Posted on 15 March 2009 - 08:34 AM                                    
Quote Post


Special Forces Agent
***

Posts: 135
Joined: 11 Mar 2009
Gender:  Male
Country: USA
SAK owned: Super Champ

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Assassin & Partners
Vehicle: Motorcycle
Jacket:  Leather Biker
House:  House boat



I would think that an assassin would be a carnivore, b/c it would like to destroy things. Vegetarians would only get limited destruction.



"In this game almost does not count."~Murdoc

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 18 April 2009 - 05:04 PM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



"The people my Dad sends are flashy. You know, suits hair cuts... not like you."

roller.gif

The look on MacGyver's face was priceless. laugh.gif




Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
elavia
Posted on 25 April 2009 - 02:45 PM                                    
Quote Post


Challengers Volunteer
*

Posts: 36
Joined: 5 Apr 2009
Gender:  Male
Country: Argentina
SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Gauntlet
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Very Good episode. I like more than previous Murdocīs ep "Halloween Knights", where Murdoc shows poor initiative. In this one we see the best (and more credible) Murdoc (INHO).



 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
Beachbead
Posted on 26 April 2009 - 01:39 AM                                    
Quote Post


Unregistered




Gender:  
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  



i liked the part where he sets up a dinner table at MacGyvers place and they talk right there just like old times. boxing.gif



 
                                                                     
Top
Liz1976
Posted on 26 April 2009 - 02:49 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 1,170
Joined: 2 Jun 2008
Gender:  Female
Country: United States
SAK owned: Unsure:red

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:The Widowmaker
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



QUOTE (Beachbead @ 26 April 2009 - 01:39 AM)
i liked the part where he sets up a dinner table at MacGyvers place and they talk right there just like old times. boxing.gif

Creepy and great scene. "Better death through chemistry that's what I always say."



"For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."

1 Timothy 2:5 NIV version of the Bible

 
PM                                                                     
Top
HERBALTLADY
Posted on 6 June 2009 - 12:46 PM                                    
Quote Post


Trouble shooter
**

Posts: 69
Joined: 5 Jun 2009
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Lost mine!

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:MacGyver/Murdoc episodes
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  Apartment



This one felt like a bad dream for MacGyver. He gets hurt when Murdoc blows up his rented car and is denied help from Amy's mother at a camp, but she gives into aid him. But I do like how Murdoc sneaks into the camps kitchen to eat chicken, must of tasted good, and at the end falls into his own trap! Also especially Murdoc's sneaky attitudes and tricks MacGyver into eating vegetarian food. Now that looked good enough to eat! HA, HA, HA! Let's eat, dig in! nasty.gif



"If you knew how it is working retail in my shoes, you'll know how it is!"

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Rinceoir
Posted on 24 April 2010 - 02:58 PM                                    
Quote Post


Trouble shooter
**

Posts: 73
Joined: 13 Apr 2010
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 2
Episode:Halloween Knights
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



I'd really had hope for Murdoc to start over after Halloween Knights, but some things just aren't meant to be. Maybe losing his sister, the only person he genuinely cared about, pushed him over the edge. He certainly seemed more driven in this episode than in his previous appearances.
At least he made an attempt to do the honourable thing and spare MacGyver's life, so perhaps there's some hope for him yet.



I love sunrises. They're like a smile from upstairs and divine assurance that everything's going to be okay.

"Knowledge is power, power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil."

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 24 April 2010 - 03:50 PM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



Spare MacGyver's life? when did he do that? he was trying to kill him.





Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
Rinceoir
Posted on 25 April 2010 - 03:07 AM                                    
Quote Post


Trouble shooter
**

Posts: 73
Joined: 13 Apr 2010
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 2
Episode:Halloween Knights
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



"MacGyver helped me rescue my sister. He saved her life, and mine. I owe him a debt... of honour."
A feeble attempt, but an attempt. Nor did he have to release MacGyver, he could have chosen to kill him then and there, rather than give him a chance, however small, of surviving. Maybe I'm just a hopeless Murdoc fan, but it seems that somewhere in him there's still a shred of the honourable man he might have been.



I love sunrises. They're like a smile from upstairs and divine assurance that everything's going to be okay.

"Knowledge is power, power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil."

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacLovin
Posted on 25 April 2010 - 04:36 AM                                    
Quote Post


Trouble shooter
**

Posts: 54
Joined: 23 Jan 2010
Gender:  Female
Country: US
SAK owned: pink knockoff

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:Pilot
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



I kinda agree with Rinceior. He didn't seem to me like he usual revenge-seeking Murdoc self. Here he was just doing a job.

One thing I didn't like about this episode is how indifferent he seems to be about his sisters death. He speaks about it matter-of-factly. Kinda odd for someone who supported her and risked his life to save her.



 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 25 April 2010 - 10:18 AM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



I wonder if that was intended to show us that he had turned cold and heartless after loosing the one thing he cared about.

He had nothing left to care about so now he only cared about himself. If that was the idea, I would say they didn't really pull it off very well.




Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
Beachbead
Posted on 12 July 2010 - 05:21 AM                                    
Quote Post


Unregistered




Gender:  
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  



I was wondering in this episodes I saw MacGyver wearing a Bracelet it's red could it be a medical bracelet or could it be a phoenix foundation Bracelet showing who he works for and his name and stuff?



 
                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 12 July 2010 - 06:45 AM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



It's a Gulf War memorial bracelet.. It had the name of either a Missing in Action, or a Killed in Action, soldier.




Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
Beachbead
Posted on 13 July 2010 - 09:23 AM                                    
Quote Post


Unregistered




Gender:  
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  



oh! thank you for letting me know I thought it was something different. unsure.gif



 
                                                                     
Top
Hannibal_Smith
Posted on 26 February 2011 - 02:33 AM                                    
Quote Post


Special Forces Agent
***

Posts: 111
Joined: 25 Feb 2011
Gender:  
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  



This is the first of the Murdoc episodes I saw (I was born in the late eighties, didn't discover this show until 2004 via reruns), and still the best, like many here have said. Murdoc's at his best when he's a cold professional killer, not a revenge-seeking psycho. Odd that it took so long, but I think this is the first time we actually see him doing his job as he normally would.

Yeah, the amnesia was overused, but you've got to admit it's damn convenient, and the identity switch was a funny twist. "Definitely Murdoc's handiwork! I could fix it if I only had some duct tape!"

One moment at the beginning of the episode mention: when Murdoc's meeting with the HIT leaders, one of them says MacGyver's been "a detriment to our overseas operations for years." Interesting line, because MacGyver's tangled with other killers-for-hire before. Could Axminster, Piedra, maybe even Deborah have been part of HIT as well?



 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 26 February 2011 - 10:01 AM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



QUOTE (Hannibal_Smith @ 26 February 2011 - 03:36 AM)
One moment at the beginning of the episode mention: when Murdoc's meeting with the HIT leaders, one of them says MacGyver's been "a detriment to our overseas operations for years." Interesting line, because MacGyver's tangled with other killers-for-hire before. Could Axminster, Piedra, maybe even Deborah have been part of HIT as well?

Now there's an interesting thought... hmm.bmp





Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
Makedde
Posted on 16 July 2011 - 06:27 PM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 353
Joined: 6 Mar 2011
Gender:  Female
Country: Aussieland
SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Hell Week
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Loved it at the end when Murdoc kind of rises out of the rubble like the bloomin' Terminator. Remember the first movie? When the big truck crashes and Arnie (his metal self) rises up out of the flames? Reminded me of that, I wonder if they had that film in mind...



"You may not believe this, but there have been times when I've had a lot more fun in the back seat of a car." - MacGyver (Golden Triangle)

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGirl
Posted on 7 June 2012 - 05:06 PM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Agent
*****

Posts: 524
Joined: 3 May 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Superchamp

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Too many to choose from
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



Here's a little bit more on retrograde amnesia (I looked it up before watching this eppy again tonight). If you get a good bonk on the head, you *can* develop loss of memory for the hours or days before the injury. *However*, a head injury capable of causing memory loss would put you in the hospital, and you would need to get there fast. Also, recovery from that type of head injury takes a long time. So, the way they portray Mac's injury here just annoys the heck out of me.



Do not pity the dead. Pity the living, and above all, those who live without love. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

You don't eat things like that, you call pest control! Kate in The Gauntlet

What's that?
Lateral... cranial... impact... enhancer. *whack* Last Stand

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Mela_007
Posted on 4 January 2013 - 06:20 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 346
Joined: 24 Oct 2012
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Tinker,Champ+

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Passages; Humanity
Vehicle: Truck
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



I made a comment in another thread about this, but I thought I would comment here too. I saw this epp on the MacGyver Marathons they are running on the CLOO channel right now. I DVR'd it and have kept it on the DVR since it's one I really like (so I have watched it a number of times). In reading this thread I noticed the comments about the bazooka and I was puzzled. The tv version I watched recently deleted the scene with the bazooka. It skipped from the "Thanks Pete" at the Foundation to Murdoc looking in the empty burning pool car. Completely omitting the part with Mac driving the pool car, stopping because Murdoc was blocking the road, and shooting the car with a bazooka!! Leaves out a really IMPORTANT scene! blink.gif

Like I said, I commented about this on the "Why do you re-watch MacGyver" thread, but I thought I would add it here too.



"I think if you try hard enough and make the best of a situation, the situation won't get the best of you." -MacGyver

Semper Vigilans - Civil Air Patrol

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverisms
Posted on 13 February 2013 - 01:37 PM                                    
Quote Post


Special Forces Agent
***

Posts: 176
Joined: 1 Feb 2013
Gender:  Male
Country: Indiana
SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:The Heist
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



One moment at the beginning of the episode mention: when Murdoc's meeting with the HIT leaders, one of them says MacGyver's been "a detriment to our overseas operations for years." Interesting line, because MacGyver's tangled with other killers-for-hire before. Could Axminster, Piedra, maybe even Deborah have been part of HIT as well?

That's a very interesting thought. hmm.bmp



"You may not believe this, but there have been times when I've had a lot more fun in the back seat of a car." - MacGyver (Golden Triangle)

"Some may call it an obstacle course, others call it MacGyverLand." - MacGyver (The Survivors)

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverisms
Posted on 13 February 2013 - 02:09 PM                                    
Quote Post


Special Forces Agent
***

Posts: 176
Joined: 1 Feb 2013
Gender:  Male
Country: Indiana
SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:The Heist
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



I really like this episode. Probably one of my favorite Murdoc vs MacGyver episodes. The music and action are really good. When Murdoc comes out of that ruble he looks like the freaking Terminator. A lot of good moments, a lot of suspenseful moments. Overall a good episode.

Overall Rating: 10/10 duct.gif sak.gif



"You may not believe this, but there have been times when I've had a lot more fun in the back seat of a car." - MacGyver (Golden Triangle)

"Some may call it an obstacle course, others call it MacGyverLand." - MacGyver (The Survivors)

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MDBfan
Posted on 4 March 2013 - 03:25 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 833
Joined: 3 Mar 2013
Gender:  Female
Country: Norway
SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Strictly Business
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  ---
House:  House boat



My favourite episode. Lots of action and suspense. I love the vegetarian food scene (I wonder if Murdoc payed for all the food or if he left the bill for MacGyver tongue.gif ) and the duck tape comment! roller.gif I think the amnesia plot and MacGyver remembering everything at once in the mine is OK. This is how amnesia works on TV. happy.gif I liked that MacGyver knew that he couldn't use the rifle to shoot people, and that he listened to Amy's problems allthough he had problems of his own.

I have a question: At the end of Halloween Knights MacGyver receives a disc with information that would close HIT down. However, in this episode HIT still exists (with new board members). Did Murdoc leave out some information or did he somehow warn HIT that MacGyver was after them? That doesn't make sense because in Halloween Knigts Murdoc didn't want to have anything to do with his former eployees.

Hope you guys can help me out.



"Definitely Murdoc's handiwork. I could fix it if I only had some duct tape." -Murdoc (impersonating MacGyver), "Strictly Business"

 
PM                                                                     
Top
KiwiTek
Posted on 4 March 2013 - 10:31 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 4,093
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:  Male
Country: NZ
SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Runners
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



QUOTE (MDBfan @ 4 March 2013 - 04:25 AM)
I have a question: At the end of Halloween Knights MacGyver receives a disc with information that would close HIT down. However, in this episode HIT still exists (with new board members). Did Murdoc leave out some information or did he somehow warn HIT that MacGyver was after them? That doesn't make sense because in Halloween Knigts Murdoc didn't want to have anything to do with his former eployees.

Hope you guys can help me out.

Very good question. The following comment was made about this on our HIT organization page

Although Murdoc had given MacGyver enough evidence to close HIT down for good, the organization was somehow able to reform with a new Board of only 3 members and even allowed Murdoc to resume his employment with them, on the condition that he remove the one blemish from his record, MacGyver.

I guess you could argue that they only went after the main organizers of HIT with the hope that once the top of the organization was gone the rest would disperse but HIT may have been diverse enough that they were able to just reform somewhere else using different companies as cover and such.



 
PM                                                                     
Top
AussieMacFan
Posted on 4 March 2013 - 08:30 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 875
Joined: 16 Feb 2013
Gender:  Female
Country: Australia
SAK owned: Wenger Viking

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Cleo Rocks
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



QUOTE (KiwiTek @ 4 March 2013 - 09:31 AM)
QUOTE (MDBfan @ 4 March 2013 - 04:25 AM)
I have a question: At the end of Halloween Knights MacGyver receives a disc with information that would close HIT down. However, in this episode HIT still exists (with new board members). Did Murdoc leave out some information or did he somehow warn HIT that MacGyver was after them? That doesn't make sense because in Halloween Knigts Murdoc didn't want to have anything to do with his former eployees.

Hope you guys can help me out.

Very good question. The following comment was made about this on our HIT organization page

Although Murdoc had given MacGyver enough evidence to close HIT down for good, the organization was somehow able to reform with a new Board of only 3 members and even allowed Murdoc to resume his employment with them, on the condition that he remove the one blemish from his record, MacGyver.

I guess you could argue that they only went after the main organizers of HIT with the hope that once the top of the organization was gone the rest would disperse but HIT may have been diverse enough that they were able to just reform somewhere else using different companies as cover and such.

Thanks KiwiTek, I was wondering that too. biggrin.gif

Great episode, the Murdoc episodes always are. happy.gif
clip.JPG



"How can I go forward when I don't know which way I'm facing?"
-John Lennon


 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:
     

 Topic Options Pages: (3) 1 [2] 3  Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll