episode elements?
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 31 January 2007 - 08:08 PM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



What elements, or ingrediants, go into making your favorite type of episode?

For me it's the houseboat (love the boat), woodlands/bush and a good helping of Pete/Jack/Nikki.

Any episode with those 3 things, or combinations of, seem to make it into my top viewing list. The houseboat is just so homey and comfy, I think I would be VERY happy living there. I love the bush and love seeing Mac in the bush.. theres always adventure waiting in the bush, and Pete/Jack/Nikki are all like Macs family and they play off each other so well.

So its probably no surprise that seasons 3 and 4 make up the bulk of my "favorite" viewing with the bulk of episodes containing either all, or combinations of, these elements being in these 2 seasons.

So what about the rest of you?



Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
Sheepy
Posted: 31 January 2007 - 10:37 PM                                    
Quote Post


Unregistered




Gender:  
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  



Mine:

Bush/outback episodes
Wolves/ other wildlife
Native American Indian elements.

Yiiiihaaaa wub.gif



 
                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGod
Posted: 1 February 2007 - 01:56 AM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,777
Joined: 14 Jan 2004
Gender:  Male
Country: Belgium
SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



Houseboat, Phoenix, far away country, Pete, Jack, Nikki, Murdoc, Harry, SAK, fights.



I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

 
PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Top
Lothithil
Posted: 1 February 2007 - 03:22 AM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,214
Joined: 3 Dec 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Camper&Swissbit

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



The houseboat is definately my favourite place. You can feel the excellent feng shui coming off of it in waves! I love seeing Mac when he's there, amongst his chosen comforts. I like to see him skiing. I love to see him skating! When he's out in the woods and wild, he's so competent... so prepared!... it's just like he's at home!

I think the elements for a story that I most enjoy is someone to be rescued, a bad guy to be thwarted, and something to be learned about oneself. I think that's why I have such a hard time pinning down just one favourite episode! tongue.gif

Oh, and if I'm going to be completely honest, a good 'whump-factor' is elementary, as well. It's not that I enjoy seeing Mac get hurt, but I love the way he keeps going... no matter what. wub.gif

cool.jpg



Everyone, sometimes, needs a camel.

Old troubleshooters never die...
They just wait til the last moment and then rescue themselves!

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
MacNymph
Posted: 1 February 2007 - 07:01 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 3,348
Joined: 4 Jul 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Rock The Cradle (today)
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



I like the episodes where Mac is in his element, were he feels relaxed? and / or with people he's familiar and comfortable with.

This is only after the on his game on assignment early episodes, which kinda dwindled off after the first couple seasons.



~ MacNymph ~

Sometimes the uncontrollable urge to mess with people outweighs the millstone of humility.

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Toni
Posted: 1 February 2007 - 09:13 AM                                    
Quote Post


Trouble shooter
**

Posts: 58
Joined: 2 Jan 2006
Gender:  
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  



Action,Suspense, gadgets, fights, Mac, a little dark maybe........= My fav Nightmares clapping.gif



Whats the point of growing up, if you can't be childish sometimes

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Lee Nole-Isil
Posted: 1 February 2007 - 09:58 AM                                    
Quote Post


Trouble shooter
**

Posts: 82
Joined: 23 Aug 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: Far, far away...
SAK owned: Victorinox

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Anything with Murdoc
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Umm... All of the above? REally, though, for me it's probably house boat, MURDOC (shocker, I know), outdoors-ness, and rescuing some, especially a close friend, in distress.

I think we all like the outdoors stuff, don't we?



"The common cockroach. And that's what you are!" -Peter Thornton
"Are you calling me common, Pete?" -Murdoc

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyver
Posted: 1 February 2007 - 10:04 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 2,135
Joined: 23 Jan 2004
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Observatory



I like the episodes with MacGyver in them wink.gif biggrin.gif



 
PM                                                                     
Top
Sheepy
Posted: 1 February 2007 - 07:30 PM                                    
Quote Post


Unregistered




Gender:  
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  



I forgot to mention Murdoc and skating. I like watching Mac (or RDA for that matter) skating



 
                                                                     
Top
Toni
Posted: 1 February 2007 - 09:22 PM                                    
Quote Post


Trouble shooter
**

Posts: 58
Joined: 2 Jan 2006
Gender:  
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  



QUOTE (Sheepy @ 1 February 2007 - 07:40 PM)
I like watching Mac (or RDA for that matter)

ohmy.gif Well thats a suprise !! laugh.gif



Whats the point of growing up, if you can't be childish sometimes

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Lee Nole-Isil
Posted: 2 February 2007 - 06:02 AM                                    
Quote Post


Trouble shooter
**

Posts: 82
Joined: 23 Aug 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: Far, far away...
SAK owned: Victorinox

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Anything with Murdoc
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Hehehe. I also like explosions, have I mentioned this? That would be the pyromaniac in me...



"The common cockroach. And that's what you are!" -Peter Thornton
"Are you calling me common, Pete?" -Murdoc

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Macs Lab Rat
Posted: 2 February 2007 - 06:04 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 1,027
Joined: 6 Apr 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: Scotland
SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:Jack in the Box (...possibly!)
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



I like lots of fun and adventure in an episode and some mischief from Jack Dalton always makes me happy! happy_dance.gif I like some peril but nothing to sad and angsty. Just enough to bring in a bit of suspense and keep the pace up.
I would also have a good dose of MacGyverisms in my ideal episode. The kind that make you think surprise.gif “How did he think of that!” and also some of the ones where Mac himself can’t believe he did that doubts if it will work…but of course everything works out in the end. biggrin.gif



word1.png



 
PM                                                                     
Top
Lee Nole-Isil
Posted: 3 February 2007 - 12:25 PM                                    
Quote Post


Trouble shooter
**

Posts: 82
Joined: 23 Aug 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: Far, far away...
SAK owned: Victorinox

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Anything with Murdoc
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



How did I forget Jack?! Jack rules.



"The common cockroach. And that's what you are!" -Peter Thornton
"Are you calling me common, Pete?" -Murdoc

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGirl
Posted: 3 February 2007 - 05:29 PM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Agent
*****

Posts: 524
Joined: 3 May 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Superchamp

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Too many to choose from
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



I love any eppy involving Jack, Pete, Nikki, or Murdoc (or any combination thereof).

I like eppys that let us see more of Mac's heart, or that reveal why he reacts to something the way he does, etc. I guess this shouldn't be surprising, given that I've studied psychology. biggrin.gif

I also like the episodes with explosions in them... like Lee, I guess I have a bit of pyro in me. I have to echo the "outdoors-y" element, as well.

And the houseboat was one of my favorite elements... somehow, it just seemed to fit Mac's personality best out of all the places he lived.



Do not pity the dead. Pity the living, and above all, those who live without love. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

You don't eat things like that, you call pest control! Kate in The Gauntlet

What's that?
Lateral... cranial... impact... enhancer. *whack* Last Stand

 
PM                                                                     
Top
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:
     

 Topic Options Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll