homemade MacGyver tapes, before I throw them out...
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
Mac
Posted: 26 February 2007 - 09:29 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Agent
*****

Posts: 571
Joined: 9 Sep 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: Canada
SAK owned: Evolution 14

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Bitter Harvest
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



I have at least a dozen VHS tapes with MacGyver eps from all season on them that I am trying to get rid without actually putting them in the trash. I also have the complete season 1, minus syndication cuts, on VCD (video cd). These are not 'bootlegs'/copies of the commercial DVDs--a friend of mine had recorded the complete season for me when it aired on a channel she got and transferred the VHS tapes to VCD because they were cheaper to post. They play on some DVD players or you could do like me and get a free VCD player online (I use VLC (Mac player)).

All that to say, if someone desperately wants some Mac but can't afford DVDs, I'm willing to give these tapes and VCDs to them in exchange for whatever they feel they can afford for postage (I'll cover the rest).

I just think it'd be a shame to throw them out.

Mac
who has no idea what she'll do with her dozens of homemade M*A*S*H tapes when she finally gets the show on DVD! biggrin.gif



"John Sheppard (writer) sent Richard Dean Anderson to Atlantis on MacGyver and Richard Dean Anderson sent John Sheppard (character) to Atlantis on Stargate.
My fandoms are getting to be confusing."


 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGod
Posted: 26 February 2007 - 09:54 AM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,777
Joined: 14 Jan 2004
Gender:  Male
Country: Belgium
SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



My good girl, I have 29 tapes with all the episodes of the show. Even now that I bought the fourth season, I can't get myself in throwing them away. Why should I do that if you I got the original opener of the Pilot and the deleted scenes of what was cut out the first season and the original openers of the fourth and fifth season. Don't throw them away. Keep them as long as you can. I'm about to do that as well, even if that means that the day I must throw them away is coming closer.

By any chance do you got any taped episodes of the fourth and fifth season? Maybe you can check them out to see if I'm right of what I said in the DVD-section of season 4 on the openers.



I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

 
PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Top
Mac
Posted: 26 February 2007 - 10:40 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Agent
*****

Posts: 571
Joined: 9 Sep 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: Canada
SAK owned: Evolution 14

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Bitter Harvest
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



QUOTE (MacGyverGod @ 25 February 2007 - 06:04 PM)
Don't throw them away. Keep them as long as you can.

My dear boy, when you've moved as many times as I have, you'll end your pack rat ways, I'm sure! laugh.gif

Mac



"John Sheppard (writer) sent Richard Dean Anderson to Atlantis on MacGyver and Richard Dean Anderson sent John Sheppard (character) to Atlantis on Stargate.
My fandoms are getting to be confusing."


 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGod
Posted: 27 February 2007 - 03:30 AM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,777
Joined: 14 Jan 2004
Gender:  Male
Country: Belgium
SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



QUOTE (Mac @ 25 February 2007 - 11:50 PM)
QUOTE (MacGyverGod @ 25 February 2007 - 06:04 PM)
Don't throw them away. Keep them as long as you can.

My dear boy, when you've moved as many times as I have, you'll end your pack rat ways, I'm sure! laugh.gif

Mac

Not if you put them in quarantaine.



I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

 
PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Top
Lothithil
Posted: 27 February 2007 - 05:39 AM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,214
Joined: 3 Dec 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Camper&Swissbit

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



I can't throw mine away either! I keep thinking... "What if the DVD player breaks down?!" unsure.gif

laugh.gif cool.jpg




Everyone, sometimes, needs a camel.

Old troubleshooters never die...
They just wait til the last moment and then rescue themselves!

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGod
Posted: 27 February 2007 - 06:06 AM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,777
Joined: 14 Jan 2004
Gender:  Male
Country: Belgium
SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



QUOTE (Lothithil @ 26 February 2007 - 06:49 PM)
I can't throw mine away either! I keep thinking... "What if the DVD player breaks down?!" unsure.gif

laugh.gif cool.jpg

That like how I'm figuring.



I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

 
PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Top
Mac
Posted: 27 February 2007 - 08:11 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Agent
*****

Posts: 571
Joined: 9 Sep 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: Canada
SAK owned: Evolution 14

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Bitter Harvest
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



QUOTE (MacGyverGod @ 26 February 2007 - 11:40 AM)
QUOTE (Mac @ 25 February 2007 - 11:50 PM)
QUOTE (MacGyverGod @ 25 February 2007 - 06:04 PM)
Don't throw them away. Keep them as long as you can.

My dear boy, when you've moved as many times as I have, you'll end your pack rat ways, I'm sure! laugh.gif

Mac

Not if you put them in quarantaine.

You mean in storage (Ah ha! Tu viens de me convaincre que ta langue maternelle est le français (moi aussi, d'ailleurs)). ? You'll find that that's pricey. smile.gif

If my DVDs die, they die. It'll be cheaper to replace them than to store and/or them (and tons of other junk I might need one day).

Mac



"John Sheppard (writer) sent Richard Dean Anderson to Atlantis on MacGyver and Richard Dean Anderson sent John Sheppard (character) to Atlantis on Stargate.
My fandoms are getting to be confusing."


 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGod
Posted: 27 February 2007 - 09:33 AM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,777
Joined: 14 Jan 2004
Gender:  Male
Country: Belgium
SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



QUOTE (Mac @ 26 February 2007 - 09:21 PM)
QUOTE (MacGyverGod @ 26 February 2007 - 11:40 AM)
QUOTE (Mac @ 25 February 2007 - 11:50 PM)
QUOTE (MacGyverGod @ 25 February 2007 - 06:04 PM)
Don't throw them away. Keep them as long as you can.

My dear boy, when you've moved as many times as I have, you'll end your pack rat ways, I'm sure! laugh.gif

Mac

Not if you put them in quarantaine.

You mean in storage (Ah ha! Tu viens de me convaincre que ta langue maternelle est le français (moi aussi, d'ailleurs)). ? You'll find that that's pricey. smile.gif

If my DVDs die, they die. It'll be cheaper to replace them than to store and/or them (and tons of other junk I might need one day).

Mac

My thoughts exactly. I'll never throw away my video's, not as long my VCR lasts. The question is how long will that take.
And I hate French. dry.gif



I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

 
PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Top
ElleKnight
Posted: 27 February 2007 - 11:15 AM                                    
Quote Post


Challengers Volunteer
*

Posts: 10
Joined: 18 Feb 2007
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: None :-(

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:The Lost Amadeus, Ugly Duckling
Vehicle: Truck
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



QUOTE (Mac @ 26 February 2007 - 09:39 AM)
I have at least a dozen VHS tapes with MacGyver eps from all season on them that I am trying to get rid without actually putting them in the trash. I also have the complete season 1, minus syndication cuts, on VCD (video cd). These are not 'bootlegs'/copies of the commercial DVDs--a friend of mine had recorded the complete season for me when it aired on a channel she got and transferred the VHS tapes to VCD because they were cheaper to post. They play on some DVD players or you could do like me and get a free VCD player online (I use VLC (Mac player)).

All that to say, if someone desperately wants some Mac but can't afford DVDs, I'm willing to give these tapes and VCDs to them in exchange for whatever they feel they can afford for postage (I'll cover the rest).

I just think it'd be a shame to throw them out.

Mac
who has no idea what she'll do with her dozens of homemade M*A*S*H tapes when she finally gets the show on DVD! biggrin.gif

Ooo, I'd DEFINATELY be interested! In particular, I'd be willing to take any season four or six episodes off of your hands. "The Battle of Tommy Giordano", "Runners", "Tough Boys", "Twenty Questions", and "Final Approach" (second season) are ones I'm interested in particular. I will take any of them, however. I'm crazy about the series and only own two of the seasons on DVD. This would be amazing. Thanks so much!!!!!!



Thanks to skitzo on LJ for the avatar!

"Bold and nosy. I'm famous for that." - MacGyver

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
MEP
Posted: 27 February 2007 - 01:52 PM                                    
Quote Post


Unregistered




Gender:  
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  



I hate you all tongue.gif Tape is better that what I have .... NOTHING. *sits and pouts*

Oh well.

Elle Knight I like your Avatar. wub.gif



 
                                                                     
Top
ElleKnight
Posted: 27 February 2007 - 03:27 PM                                    
Quote Post


Challengers Volunteer
*

Posts: 10
Joined: 18 Feb 2007
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: None :-(

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:The Lost Amadeus, Ugly Duckling
Vehicle: Truck
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



QUOTE (MEP @ 26 February 2007 - 08:02 PM)
I hate you all tongue.gif Tape is better that what I have .... NOTHING. *sits and pouts*

Oh well.

Elle Knight I like your Avatar. wub.gif

Thanks! biggrin.gif I found it on LiveJournal, and I knew I just had to have it. I desperately want to take him home, I mean, who wouldn't? wub.gif



Thanks to skitzo on LJ for the avatar!

"Bold and nosy. I'm famous for that." - MacGyver

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
MEP
Posted: 27 February 2007 - 05:15 PM                                    
Quote Post


Unregistered




Gender:  
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  



See how in that pic he still have the short BROWN hair ..... HELL YEA. wub.gif 460.gif

but once they sted to bleach it NO



 
                                                                     
Top
Mac
Posted: 1 March 2007 - 03:03 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Agent
*****

Posts: 571
Joined: 9 Sep 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: Canada
SAK owned: Evolution 14

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Bitter Harvest
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



QUOTE (ElleKnight @ 26 February 2007 - 07:25 PM)
Ooo, I'd DEFINATELY be interested!

I'll go through my inventory and let you know what I have of the ones you're interested in. I vaguely remember having the Tommy Giordano one on tape.

Mac



"John Sheppard (writer) sent Richard Dean Anderson to Atlantis on MacGyver and Richard Dean Anderson sent John Sheppard (character) to Atlantis on Stargate.
My fandoms are getting to be confusing."


 
PM                                                                     
Top
ElleKnight
Posted: 1 March 2007 - 02:13 PM                                    
Quote Post


Challengers Volunteer
*

Posts: 10
Joined: 18 Feb 2007
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: None :-(

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:The Lost Amadeus, Ugly Duckling
Vehicle: Truck
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



QUOTE (Mac @ 28 February 2007 - 09:13 AM)
QUOTE (ElleKnight @ 26 February 2007 - 07:25 PM)
Ooo, I'd DEFINATELY be interested!

I'll go through my inventory and let you know what I have of the ones you're interested in. I vaguely remember having the Tommy Giordano one on tape.

Mac

Thanks so much! I would really appreciate it. biggrin.gif



Thanks to skitzo on LJ for the avatar!

"Bold and nosy. I'm famous for that." - MacGyver

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:
     

 Topic Options Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll