Alternate Opening Credits Season 4 & 5
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
MacGyverGod
Posted: 3 March 2007 - 12:33 AM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,777
Joined: 14 Jan 2004
Gender:  Male
Country: Belgium
SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



http://www.geocities.com/macgyver81_fi/theme.htm

There can you see screenshots of the fourth season opening credits from The Secret of Parker House. There are also other links.

Last night, an idea bugged me intensely which I hope I can fulfill some time. If I ever throw away my VHS tapes. I'll try to copy them over on DVD especially for those openers on season 4 and 5 and I'll donate them to the site.



I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

 
PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Top
MacGyver
Posted: 3 March 2007 - 04:53 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 2,135
Joined: 23 Jan 2004
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Observatory



Yeah, I know what you're talking about. I've seen those Season 4 and 5 opening intros before- with scenes from "Hell Week" and "The Secret of Parker House" that aren't usually seen on the intros shown on TV or I guess on the DVDs either.
But I'm wondering if those aren't intros that were solely used internationally? I've noticed that it seems that MacGyver was aired with slight variations on the intro in different countries.




 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGod
Posted: 3 March 2007 - 05:25 AM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,777
Joined: 14 Jan 2004
Gender:  Male
Country: Belgium
SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



QUOTE (MacGyver @ 2 March 2007 - 06:03 PM)
Yeah, I know what you're talking about. I've seen those Season 4 and 5 opening intros before- with scenes from "Hell Week" and "The Secret of Parker House" that aren't usually seen on the intros shown on TV or I guess on the DVDs either.
But I'm wondering if those aren't intros that were solely used internationally? I've noticed that it seems that MacGyver was aired with slight variations on the intro in different countries.

That's possible.
But were they actually allowed to do that? Apparently so.

Another reason for not throwing them away. Now I wonder if every country did their own thing with it or is it all the same? I think it was all the same, but then why the hell did they change it then? Or should I not ask?



I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

 
PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Top
Astra
Posted: 3 March 2007 - 10:07 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Agent
*****

Posts: 664
Joined: 6 Oct 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: Germany
SAK owned: Ambassador

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



Now for the life of me I still can't remember whether or not that was the case in Germany. I surely would have noticed any change since I knew every scene and (for example) also noticed when some older scenes were did again.

The only explanation for me not noticing if it was there - when I came home every day from work I was so eager to watch the series that I sometimes skipped the intro... shame over me.



Funny pics with Stargate actionfigures at http://dieastra.livejournal.com/

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGod
Posted: 3 March 2007 - 11:43 AM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,777
Joined: 14 Jan 2004
Gender:  Male
Country: Belgium
SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



QUOTE (Astra @ 2 March 2007 - 11:17 PM)
Now for the life of me I still can't remember whether or not that was the case in Germany. I surely would have noticed any change since I knew every scene and (for example) also noticed when some older scenes were did again.

The only explanation for me not noticing if it was there - when I came home every day from work I was so eager to watch the series that I sometimes skipped the intro... shame over me.

Yeah, for shame. mad.gif biggrin.gif



I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

 
PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Top
MacGyver
Posted: 3 March 2007 - 03:28 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 2,135
Joined: 23 Jan 2004
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Observatory



Yeah- they did funny things with the MacGyver intro in different countries. (For the record, I always watch the intro theme song for MacGyver- because I love it! It's one of my favorite parts! biggrin.gif But I do that with every TV show...)

Here's the MacGyver intro in Portuguese
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emClBBtqo5Q

(Where they call MacGyver- "Profissao Perigo"- which means "Occupation: Danger")

Here's the MacGyver intro from Polish TV
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfRg4kwZIQ8...related&search=

And here's the Season 4 intro for MacGyver from Finland
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vgkor1X8DLM...related&search=

(but it seems to be the same one used in America)

In Brazil, the MacGyver theme song wasn't even used! For some strange reason, "Tom Sawyer" by Rush was used!!! (I mean, it's a great song- but why didn't they just use the MacGyver theme song?)


I've got that intro you're talking about (with the scenes from "Hell Week" and "The Secret of Parker House") on a CD somewhere... when I get a chance I'll have to see if I can find it and post it somewhere for you all... smile.gif



 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGod
Posted: 3 March 2007 - 11:18 PM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,777
Joined: 14 Jan 2004
Gender:  Male
Country: Belgium
SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



The Polish think we can't read? His name always appears in big red letters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3k6uS5eazw...related&search=
huh.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-n1mpuTCAM...related&search=
This one is very cool!

QUOTE
I've got that intro you're talking about (with the scenes from "Hell Week" and "The Secret of Parker House") on a CD somewhere... when I get a chance I'll have to see if I can find it and post it somewhere for you all...

Yeah that would be great.

Youtube is also a good start to look for those intros and even for Lost Treasure of Atlantis!!!!!!! I found it, all 10 parts. Hooray. happy_dance.gif



I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

 
PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Top
MacsChick
Posted: 4 March 2007 - 08:33 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 1,889
Joined: 11 Jan 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Passages
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



That's cool, posting the different intros from different countries. It is kind of funny that they have to announce "MacGyver" in the Polish version. happy.gif I didn't see too much of a difference between several of them. I'm in the U.S., and our intros look about the same. The theme music sounded a little different for each country, though, but I don't care--I love that theme song! sak.gif



"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

--Henry David Thoreau

brains+brawn+beauty+personality=MacGyver

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyver
Posted: 8 March 2007 - 07:50 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 2,135
Joined: 23 Jan 2004
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Observatory



Well, it's not the best quality (sorry- I didn't make it), but is this the intro you're talking about? As far as I know, it was used in Finland (and probably other European countries) for MacGyver's Season 4 intro.

(Hint- for better viewing quality, watch the video in a smaller size window on Windows Media Player) wink.gif

http://www.geocities.com/macleaper/MacS4introFinnish.mpg


sak.gif duct.gif



 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGod
Posted: 9 March 2007 - 04:00 AM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,777
Joined: 14 Jan 2004
Gender:  Male
Country: Belgium
SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



QUOTE (MacGyver @ 8 March 2007 - 09:00 AM)
Well, it's not the best quality (sorry- I didn't make it), but is this the intro you're talking about?  As far as I know, it was used in Finland (and probably other European countries) for MacGyver's Season 4 intro.

(Hint- for better viewing quality, watch the video in a smaller size window on Windows Media Player) wink.gif

http://www.geocities.com/macleaper/MacS4introFinnish.mpg


sak.gif  duct.gif

Can't see it! Doesn't work! ohmy.gif sad.gif



I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

 
PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Top
Reptile
Posted: 9 March 2007 - 07:02 AM                                    
Quote Post


Special Forces Agent
***

Posts: 148
Joined: 14 Sep 2005
Gender:  Male
Country: Slovakia
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Gauntlet
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Apartment



QUOTE (MacGyverGod @ 3 March 2007 - 12:28 PM)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-n1mpuTCAM...related&search=
This one is very cool!

I already wrote somewhere on this forum, that this video was made by me and my friends smile.gif We had a fun that time biggrin.gif



 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGod
Posted: 9 March 2007 - 07:11 AM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,777
Joined: 14 Jan 2004
Gender:  Male
Country: Belgium
SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



QUOTE (Reptile @ 8 March 2007 - 08:12 PM)
QUOTE (MacGyverGod @ 3 March 2007 - 12:28 PM)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-n1mpuTCAM...related&search=
This one is very cool!

I already wrote somewhere on this forum, that this video was made by me and my friends smile.gif We had a fun that time biggrin.gif

So you're the guy in the green shirt?



I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

 
PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Top
MacGyver
Posted: 9 March 2007 - 10:55 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 2,135
Joined: 23 Jan 2004
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Observatory



Hmm- try just right clicking on the link and hit "Save Target As"

It doesn't seem to open if you directly click on it, but you should be able to save it by right clicking.




 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGod
Posted: 10 March 2007 - 01:01 AM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,777
Joined: 14 Jan 2004
Gender:  Male
Country: Belgium
SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



Yeah, but that was for The Secret of Parker House only. Only a few were re-used. Like the one from The Invisible Killer. That one was showing MacGyver running through the woods and something else, can't remember what.



I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

 
PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Top
MacGyver
Posted: 10 March 2007 - 05:29 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 2,135
Joined: 23 Jan 2004
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Observatory



As far as I know, the scene from "Hell Week" where Mac's spraying from the spray bottles, is not usually shown in the US intros either...




 
PM                                                                     
Top
Reptile
Posted: 10 March 2007 - 08:07 AM                                    
Quote Post


Special Forces Agent
***

Posts: 148
Joined: 14 Sep 2005
Gender:  Male
Country: Slovakia
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Gauntlet
Vehicle: Nomad
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Apartment



QUOTE (MacGyverGod @ 8 March 2007 - 08:21 PM)
QUOTE (Reptile @ 8 March 2007 - 08:12 PM)
QUOTE (MacGyverGod @ 3 March 2007 - 12:28 PM)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-n1mpuTCAM...related&search=
This one is very cool!

I already wrote somewhere on this forum, that this video was made by me and my friends smile.gif We had a fun that time biggrin.gif

So you're the guy in the green shirt?

No, that is my friend. I am in only one scene... I was mainly holding the camera...



 
PM                                                                     
Top
Posted: 18 March 2007 - 08:36 PM                                    
Quote Post





Posts: 0
Joined: --
Gender:  Male
Country: Germany
SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Season: season 6
Episode:Good Knight MacGyver
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Here you are - the one and only "MacGyver: 'The Secret of Parker House' Intro". wink.gif

Also note the higher / slightly flat pitch at the beginning of the music.



 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 18 March 2007 - 09:36 PM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



ok I just quickly ran through both intros and jotted down the clips up until the title explosion.

It looks like they've replaced the 8th clip... I have no idea which version is the re-edit.. but the US version has a clip of some wires being pushed into a clamp, while the European version has that 8th clip replaced with the spraying scene.

All the other clips are the same... now the big question is why?

Attached Image
Attached Image



Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
Macs Lab Rat
Posted: 19 March 2007 - 03:20 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 1,027
Joined: 6 Apr 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: Scotland
SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:Jack in the Box (...possibly!)
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



huh.gif unsure.gif Maybe they thought us Europeans would be more interested in spraying than inserting wires. wacko.gif Why bother wasting time and money just changing one little scene? Very strange behaviour.

My first thought was it might have something to do with the fact the actor from Hell Week is in the clip. I was thinking that maybe they get paid more money in certain countries if they were in the titles, even for a few seconds, or something daft like that. Its the only difference I can think of but it can't be right because, even though most clips are just RDA and Dana, there are some with others in them like the Ghost Ship one. Its bizarre. blink.gif

What you got in New Zealand titles Rocky?



 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 19 March 2007 - 09:15 AM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



We got the wires going into the clamp.



Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
MacNymph
Posted: 19 March 2007 - 09:33 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 3,348
Joined: 4 Jul 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Rock The Cradle (today)
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



Hmmm dry.gif New Zealand isn't as backwards as I thought. laugh.gif tongue.gif



~ MacNymph ~

Sometimes the uncontrollable urge to mess with people outweighs the millstone of humility.

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 19 March 2007 - 09:40 AM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



We get the odd thing right tongue.gif



Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
Kate Mackay
  Posted: 19 March 2007 - 11:24 AM                                    
Quote Post


Trouble shooter
**

Posts: 82
Joined: 26 Aug 2005
Gender:  Female
Country:
SAK owned: Camper Red

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Leather Biker
House:  House boat



But I am familiar with ALL the intro's . So why are we saying it is different ? I mean, perhaps it is just that here in Canada it is familiar and in the places where you all live ( State-side , right ? ) it is different . If anyone of you can show me what it is like in your areas than I might be convinced that it has a difference. And are we talking about one particular season ( or two ) ? What is it that I am missing ( no pun intended ) ? unsure.gif
Sincerely,
Kate Mackay



 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 19 March 2007 - 11:39 AM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



go back up and read my post Kate.



Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:
     

 Topic Options Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll