watch tan line, probably a VERY nitpick
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 4 March 2007 - 09:20 PM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



Something occurred to me earlier today as I wound my watch.

I wear a watch all the time, which means during the summer months I have a white strip (tan line) under my watch.

I wear my watch loose (like MacGyver) so it moves a little on my wrist, which means the white, untanned, strip from my watch is a little wider (or at least visible) due to the moving around.

Now there are times in MacGyver episodes where we see MacGyvers watch, at different positions on his wrist.. yet we never see even the slightest hint of the color difference (tan line) that you get from wearing a watch all the time.




Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGod
Posted: 4 March 2007 - 10:55 PM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,777
Joined: 14 Jan 2004
Gender:  Male
Country: Belgium
SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



Very nitpicky yeah. I never noticed MacGyver wearing his watch loose. Maybe he takes off his watch when he's getting a tan on the beach. Was he wearing one in The Golden Triangle?

QUOTE
I wear a watch all the time, which means during the summer months I have a white strip (tan line) under my watch.

So do I. Always wearing one. I even don't take it off when I sleep only when I shower. Also wearing it loose, but then again I don't tan so much. I'll get my tan when it's hot and I walking around in the city. It doesn't take long before I get tanned. That's what happens if you got Spanish roots.



I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

 
PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Top
Amy
Posted: 5 March 2007 - 12:17 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Agent
*****

Posts: 643
Joined: 4 Apr 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Champ

Favorites
Season: season 2
Episode:Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



laugh.gif Yeah my watch never comes off. Loose or not there would be some kind of tan line. wink.gif



"It's amazing what one can do when one doesn't know what one can't do." Garfield the Cat

"Another day, a whole 'nother set of fresh possibilities. I'm a sucker for mornings." MacGyver

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Devon636
Posted: 5 March 2007 - 06:55 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 232
Joined: 21 Feb 2007
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Thief of Budapest
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Unless Mac takes his watch off in the tanners... tongue.gif Kidding! He would never fake n' bake. But seriously many actors go to the tanners, especially if they're filming in
Canada and need to keep up a healthy glow. Most people remove watches.



 
PM                                                                     
Top
MEP
Posted: 6 March 2007 - 03:29 PM                                    
Quote Post


Unregistered




Gender:  
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  



QUOTE (Rockatteer @ 4 March 2007 - 06:30 AM)
Now there are times in MacGyver episodes where we see MacGyvers watch, at different positions on his wrist.. yet we never see even the slightest hint of the color difference (tan line) that you get from wearing a watch all the time.

It's amazing what a little spry on tan can do. tongue.gif In all honestly I think Rick hand some Native American blood in him somewhere, so it all a natural skin tone. huh.gif



 
                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 6 March 2007 - 03:47 PM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



well he did say in the Simpson's episode that he wears blue contact lens to hide his Latino heritage.



Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
MacsChick
Posted: 6 March 2007 - 04:28 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Field Agent
*******

Posts: 1,889
Joined: 11 Jan 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Passages
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



I read that his mother's ancestors were Mohawk Native Americans, so yes, he has some Native American genetic heritage.



"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

--Henry David Thoreau

brains+brawn+beauty+personality=MacGyver

 
PM                                                                     
Top
MEP
Posted: 7 March 2007 - 11:23 AM                                    
Quote Post


Unregistered




Gender:  
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  



Well I was just making a guess since he form Minnesota, and the permeate tan he has the it most likely Native American Heritage in there. I would do the same for some on in Alaska or here in New England. Unless the from South Boston then I would guess they have black Irish in them (Black Irish are Irish that have Spanish in them )



 
                                                                     
Top
MacNymph
Posted: 8 March 2007 - 10:47 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 3,348
Joined: 4 Jul 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Rock The Cradle (today)
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



QUOTE (Rockatteer @ 4 March 2007 - 09:30 PM)
Now there are times in MacGyver episodes where we see MacGyvers watch, at different positions on his wrist.. yet we never see even the slightest hint of the color difference (tan line) that you get from wearing a watch all the time.

Hmmmm dry.gif

Who's going to investigate?

*looks at Loth* happy.gif Got a notebook entry for that?



~ MacNymph ~

Sometimes the uncontrollable urge to mess with people outweighs the millstone of humility.

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Lothithil
Posted: 8 March 2007 - 10:55 AM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,214
Joined: 3 Dec 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Camper&Swissbit

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



Hee hee!

I'm guessing that Mac sunbathes without his watch on... wait... oh no!... just mention it makes my head get all woozy and butterflies in my tummy....

wub.gif *swoons in a silly manner* wub.gif



Now see what you've done! wink.gif



Everyone, sometimes, needs a camel.

Old troubleshooters never die...
They just wait til the last moment and then rescue themselves!

 
PMUsers Website                                                                     
Top
MacNymph
Posted: 8 March 2007 - 11:00 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 3,348
Joined: 4 Jul 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Rock The Cradle (today)
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



Hee Hee Hee... I made Loth "swoon in a silly manner" biggrin.gif

Somebody watch the Golden Triangle and see if they show Mac's left arm before they go to the close up. Watch or no watch? Volunteers? happy.gif



~ MacNymph ~

Sometimes the uncontrollable urge to mess with people outweighs the millstone of humility.

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Macs Lab Rat
Posted: 8 March 2007 - 06:39 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 1,027
Joined: 6 Apr 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: Scotland
SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:Jack in the Box (...possibly!)
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



QUOTE
Somebody watch the Golden Triangle and see if they show Mac's left arm before they go to the close up. Watch or no watch? Volunteers?
Me! Me! jump.gif * runs to watch *

biggrin.gif I got a bit carried away and forgot I wasn’t supposed to be watching the whole episode. rolleyes.gif
When he’s moaning about phones and the camera gets closer too him I think we see enough of his left wrist to conclude there is no watch. Anybody concur?

surprise.gif Now I’m going to be late for work!!!




 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted: 8 March 2007 - 09:15 PM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



nope, you can't actually see his left wrist.. only his hand.



Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
Macs Lab Rat
Posted: 9 March 2007 - 12:00 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 1,027
Joined: 6 Apr 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: Scotland
SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:Jack in the Box (...possibly!)
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



I thought I saw enough of his arm during the shaky camera movement to indicate there was no watch.
There's obviously not enough scenes with MacGyver sunbathing in them to help us with this one! tongue.gif



 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacNymph
Posted: 9 March 2007 - 01:03 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 3,348
Joined: 4 Jul 2005
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Climber

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Rock The Cradle (today)
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



Okay, someone needs to pick a random episode and watch it to see if he wears a watch all the time or just in episodes where they're going to do a close up of the time ticking down on his wrist.

On your mark, get set, GO! biggrin.gif



~ MacNymph ~

Sometimes the uncontrollable urge to mess with people outweighs the millstone of humility.

 
PM                                                                     
Top
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:
     

 Topic Options Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll