133 - Good Knight MacGyver (part 2)
  Reply to this topic Start new topic Start Poll
 
How did yuo rate this episode?
user posted image [ 1 ]  [3.23%]
user posted image [ 1 ]  [3.23%]
user posted image [ 4 ]  [12.90%]
user posted image [ 7 ]  [22.58%]
user posted image [ 18 ]  [58.06%]
Total Votes: 31
Guests cannot vote 
Track this topic | Email this topic | Print this topic
Devon636
Posted on 26 March 2007 - 11:57 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 232
Joined: 21 Feb 2007
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Thief of Budapest
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



QUOTE (Rockatteer @ 26 March 2007 - 09:20 AM)
Well I've heard RDA say in interviews on more than one occasion that the MacGyver team never took themselves too seriously and that they've always "had our tongues planted firmly in our cheeks"


Yes. YES.



 
PM                                                                     
Top
Devon636
Posted on 26 March 2007 - 12:18 PM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 232
Joined: 21 Feb 2007
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Thief of Budapest
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



QUOTE (Kate Mackay @ 26 March 2007 - 09:49 AM)


And I also wanted to mention that I liked the thing about Merlin mis-quoting . I mean isn't that what he was doing when he said , " I don't want to toot my own . . antler " ? Didn't he mean , " I don't want to toot my own horn " ? near the beginning of the second part ? I mean , it was just as MacGyver and Merlin were just arriving at the castle where Morgana was ?

Sincerely,
Katey Mackay

I think the writers were just giving a humorous nod to linguistic evolution. Today we say "tooting your own horn", but back in Arthurian times, a "horn" could have been quite literally, an antler. Then there's the double entendre of an antler is also called a horn.

I don't think Merlin was really "misquoting" but rather just saying the quote how it could have possibly been said during that time period. All expressions have to come from somewhere... smile.gif



 
PM                                                                     
Top
Astra
Posted on 27 March 2007 - 08:00 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Agent
*****

Posts: 664
Joined: 6 Oct 2006
Gender:  Female
Country: Germany
SAK owned: Ambassador

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



QUOTE (MacGyverGod @ 25 March 2007 - 10:26 PM)
But adding more accuracy to it would've been nicer, I think.

Well, I'm no expert in history and can't tell the difference from one century to the other (they all look the same for me) but now maybe you understand how I feel when seeing these WRONG uniforms and these WRONG police cars in the episode that's supposed to be Eastern Germany (and this one was no dream) laugh.gif



Funny pics with Stargate actionfigures at http://dieastra.livejournal.com/

 
PM                                                                     
Top
dinoman
Posted on 12 October 2008 - 11:38 PM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Agent
*****

Posts: 748
Joined: 3 Sep 2008
Gender:  Female
Country: Hong Kong
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Leather Biker
House:  Loft



I think Murdoc would be mad if he knew MacGyver was killed by a woman afterall (in a dream, though, he even couldn't kill Mac in a dream!)




 
PM                                                                     
Top
Miasma
Posted on 27 March 2009 - 04:23 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 1,045
Joined: 9 Oct 2008
Gender:  
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  



@dinoman-- I don't know how upset Murdoc would be. Was he ever portrayed as a sexist? If not, then it really shouldn't bother him.

Besides Murdoc COULD have killed Mac with a gun many times. The most obvious case being in "Strictly Business" after he "saves" Mac from the poison dart. He's standing right over Mac, holding a gun, and yet he chooses to run out the door and hunt him down. Why not just shoot him right there?




 
PM                                                                     
Top
Jack Thornton
Posted on 10 April 2009 - 07:46 AM                                    
Quote Post


Challengers Volunteer
*

Posts: 32
Joined: 16 Sep 2008
Gender:  Male
Country: Finland
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Ghost Ship
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  ---
House:  House boat



Excellent episode just like part 1. Medieval setting is much more interesting than wild west in other dream episodes. I liked MacGyverisms in this episode and Merlin was a good character. It was also good that the ending was similar to other dream episodes.

I think that Morgana is Murdoc's foremother.




 
PM                                                                     
Top
BrakeFluid
Posted on 3 January 2011 - 04:33 AM                                    
Quote Post


Trouble shooter
**

Posts: 80
Joined: 23 Dec 2010
Gender:  Male
Country: USA
SAK owned: An old one. :)

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:The Outsiders
Vehicle: Truck
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  Loft



QUOTE (Rockatteer @ 26 March 2007 - 09:13 AM)
Well I've heard RDA say in interviews on more than one occasion that the MacGyver team never took themselves too seriously and that they've always "had our tongues planted firmly in our cheeks"

My thoughts exactly. If you start attacking historical inaccuracies in this episode, sooner or later you have to come around to the fact that King Arthur is probably mythical, and if he did really exist, it was in a time long before anybody spoke Modern English.

It was a nice touch that they remembered to call it Caledonia instead of Scotland, in any case.



They've got guns. All I have is orange juice and a rope...

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Beachbead
Posted on 3 January 2011 - 06:39 AM                                    
Quote Post


Unregistered




Gender:  
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  



when I first saw the two parter I thought it was a movie, but as i grew up and watched it again I soon relized it wasn't. I loved MacGyverisms in this one and being tossed back in time was another one I liked. i would of loved it to seen the costumes made better i know it was kinda joke of this but Merlin's costume looked cheap looking, with all those stars and purple.



 
                                                                     
Top
MacGyverOnline
Posted on 14 February 2011 - 04:54 PM                                    
Quote Post


Administrator
*********

Posts: 9,373
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:   ---
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:
Vehicle: ---
Jacket:  ---
House:  ---



I just read a reply on a yahoo answers question about MacGyver's first name which said in this episode he indicated that he was teased about his first name.

I know I certainly didn't pick up that from his comments. Did anyone else? Did I miss something?




Join the MacGyver Online Network

Facebook ~ X ~ Instagram

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
Miasma
Posted on 15 February 2011 - 09:43 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 1,045
Joined: 9 Oct 2008
Gender:  
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: 
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:  
House:  



I don't remember anything about him being teased.

I think it's safe to assume that he probably WAS teased as a kid (hence the reason he hated the name and stopped using it), but I don't remember anything specific being mentioned in this episode.

I kind of feel bad for any kids named Angus who watched MacGyver. Imagine when they heard this episode was going to reveal his name... they'd be thinking, "Oh wow, I wonder what kind of horrible name he has?!" (since we knew from previous episodes that Mac didn't like the name), and then it turns out that he has the same name that they have? That had to suck.
My cousin's name is Angus, actually. Fortunately, he wasn't a kid when this episode aired.






 
PM                                                                     
Top
WhatMeWorry?
Posted on 5 December 2011 - 04:24 AM                                    
Quote Post


Challengers Volunteer
*

Posts: 23
Joined: 24 Jan 2010
Gender:  Male
Country:
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Easy Target
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



When confronting Morgana I wish Mac said "My name is Angus MacGyver" not just "My name is MacGyver".

It was an epic line nonetheless.



 
PM                                                                     
Top
KiwiTek
Posted on 16 November 2012 - 12:10 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 4,093
Joined: 29 Nov 2003
Gender:  Male
Country: NZ
SAK owned: Tinker

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Runners
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



I've got this episode playing in the background while I'm working. Very entertaining. The interaction between MacGyver and Merlin is hilarious.

laugh.gif




 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacManx
Posted on 28 March 2013 - 11:55 AM                                    
Quote Post


Challengers Volunteer
*

Posts: 34
Joined: 28 Mar 2013
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Huntsman

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:Sooooooo hard
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



I watched this with my grandma. When they reveled the first name of Angus, I said, "Angus, that is an odd name".

Then my grandma says, "My little brother, who died of pneumonia when he was two was named Angus." mad.gif

Stick foot in mouth. doh.gif

Of course, I now like the name Angus. And I have done some genealogy. biggrin.gif



Duck tape is like the force; it has a dark side and a light side; and binds the universe together.

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Rocket
Posted on 31 August 2013 - 06:48 PM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Operative
******

Posts: 852
Joined: 10 Mar 2013
Gender:  Female
Country: England
SAK owned: Commander

Favorites
Season: ---
Episode:Hallowe'en Knights
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



The second half of this story was definitely better than the first half.

I like all the use of the sak.gif and the MacGyverisms in general, even if the lightning kite makes my disbelief suspenders twang a bit (too convenient!).
I like the irony of Mac being killed with the first gun (and doesn't RDA die well!).
I like that dying made him wake up back in the real world, and that Merlin was the paramedic, complete with his own sak.gif
I like how cheesed off Mac gets with Merlin's constant griping.
I even like the way Mac finds the Royal Favour in his pocket in L.A. It's been used before (wooden sak.gif , anyone?) but I still like it.

But admit it: Hands up who else really wanted Cecilia to be Penny Parker and Morgana to be Murdoc in drag...
Or is it just me whistle.gif



Rollerskating at right angles to reality

 
PM                                                                     
Top
cmbj67
Posted on 11 August 2014 - 02:24 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Agent
*****

Posts: 647
Joined: 27 Jul 2014
Gender:  Female
Country: Milan, Italy
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:Cease Fire, but not only
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



I liked the 1st part, but the 2nd is even better. I like it from the start to the end. biggrin.gif I like Mac with Merlin laugh.gif

QUOTE
(and doesn't RDA die well!)


Yes he does, this is another example of how perfect his acting is. clapping.gif



 
PM                                                                     
Top
Jediferret
Posted on 11 August 2014 - 07:03 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 3,482
Joined: 20 Sep 2012
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Deadly Dreams
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



I actually remember the original airing on this one. The reveal of Mac's first name was a BIG deal to my family (except my Dad, who didn't care for the show).

This two-parter is one of my favorites. Sure, it's a bit hokey, but who cares. I love it anyway. RDA looked amazing in his Knight outfit (love the tug on the pants like he had a wedgie before he approached King Arthur). The interaction between Mac and Merlin is hilarious. You can see RDA's humor pop out in his reactions.

And when I originally saw this episode, I though MacGyver actually died, and I was sad for weeks until my Mom told me he was fine and it was just a dream. I still get a little sad when watch him get shot. lol

I need to go back to this episode and snag some screenshots. smile.gif



"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGod
Posted on 11 August 2014 - 10:11 AM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,777
Joined: 14 Jan 2004
Gender:  Male
Country: Belgium
SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



I do have to say his dying moment was top notch acting. One of the finest dramatic moments.

Just *bang*. He falls against the doors, Morgana falls to the ground followed by an explosion. *Boom*. Debris flying around, the wind waving through his hair and than the slowmotion falling down to his side, his eyes close and than *flash* the dream is over. That is one scene I can keep watching over and over again. Thank God for the rewind button.



I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

 
PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Top
MacsJeep
Posted on 8 August 2015 - 10:53 PM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Agent
*****

Posts: 674
Joined: 7 Jul 2015
Gender:  Female
Country: England
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 2
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



I finally got to these two episodes last night, and if I'm honest, I wasn't really sure I was going to like them. I'm not usually one for the slightly more bonkers plots used on TV shows, and I fully expected my 77 year-old mum to hate it as she watches the show with me.

I was pleasantly surprised though, as it was really quite fun. My mum has no sense of humor and its really hard to make her laugh, but she was in stitches at some of the lines! She's still talking about it this morning! smile.gif



 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGod
Posted on 10 August 2015 - 01:36 AM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,777
Joined: 14 Jan 2004
Gender:  Male
Country: Belgium
SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



Let me guess. Mac's play writer quote? Or the knights speaking with an American accent?

Good Knight MacGyver is really a story that says: to hell with it all, let's have some fun.



I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

 
PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Top
MacsJeep
Posted on 10 August 2015 - 03:33 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Agent
*****

Posts: 674
Joined: 7 Jul 2015
Gender:  Female
Country: England
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 2
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



And it was fun, I'll give them that. smile.gif My mum was so disappointed with the next episode after these two - she wanted more funnies. She was still laughing about Morgana's goon picking his own lead ball/bullet last night lol!

I think I'll need to watch it again to actually catch all of the little nuances they actually threw into this. Mind you, as I'm only on my first time around, I'll be watching them all again anyway!

Bit sad, though, as tonight we will have reached the final two episodes. sad.gif Season one, here we come again!



 
PM                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGod
Posted on 10 August 2015 - 05:39 AM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,777
Joined: 14 Jan 2004
Gender:  Male
Country: Belgium
SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



There are also the tv-movies. smile.gif

Yeah, Morgana's goon picking his ball was rather good. Not looking at first but than looks anyway. roller.gif



I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

 
PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Top
MacsJeep
Posted on 11 August 2015 - 05:15 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Agent
*****

Posts: 674
Joined: 7 Jul 2015
Gender:  Female
Country: England
SAK owned:

Favorites
Season: season 2
Episode:
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Brown bomber
House:  House boat



The TV movies finally arrived in the post this morning - just in time! smile.gif



 
PM                                                                     
Top
RadiantRose
Posted on 23 September 2016 - 04:19 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 286
Joined: 30 Aug 2016
Gender:   ---
Country: UK
SAK owned: lots of blades

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Negotiator; Endangered
Vehicle: Truck
Jacket:  ---
House:  House boat



QUOTE (Miasma @ 26 March 2009 - 08:23 AM)
@dinoman-- I don't know how upset Murdoc would be. Was he ever portrayed as a sexist? If not, then it really shouldn't bother him.


But Murdoc was a villain. He probably did terrible things like using swear words and not recycling and not liking dogs and making sexist remarks about female villains.



"They have no idea how well they cast this."

 
PM                                                                     
Top
RadiantRose
Posted on 19 October 2016 - 07:29 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 286
Joined: 30 Aug 2016
Gender:   ---
Country: UK
SAK owned: lots of blades

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Negotiator; Endangered
Vehicle: Truck
Jacket:  ---
House:  House boat



So ... any time MacG.gif is injured, no matter what the mechanism of the injury, the only outward sign is a minor cut on one side of the forehead? This is at least the 3rd time this happened. And when he fell on the car in "Passages", as in the first part of this double-part episode, the injury was to the back of his head and he landed with his face upwards? Making it rather hard to know why the cut to the forehead happened.

Not complaining. Not complaining at all. Just a bit of a cliché.

Then again, didn't we agree that Mac is descended from a vampire slayer and thus has super-human recovery powers???



"They have no idea how well they cast this."

 
PM                                                                     
Top
RadiantRose
Posted on 19 October 2016 - 07:35 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 286
Joined: 30 Aug 2016
Gender:   ---
Country: UK
SAK owned: lots of blades

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Negotiator; Endangered
Vehicle: Truck
Jacket:  ---
House:  House boat



There should be a "small bandage or sticking plaster on one side of forehead Mac emoji" ...

Attached Image
Attached Image



"They have no idea how well they cast this."

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Jediferret
Posted on 19 October 2016 - 07:44 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 3,482
Joined: 20 Sep 2012
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Deadly Dreams
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



That's the thing about TV shows back in the 80's... they were positive and usually had a happy ending. Typical 80's...

Now a days, you get shows that either give a mild case of PTSD (I'm looking at you Game of Thrones), or shows that are an emotional roller-coaster... you're laughing one minute and sobbing the next.

I sometimes enjoy the unrealistic happy endings of MacGyver... it's a nice break from the usual overly dramatized violence, gore and sex that's pretty prevalent in show these days . At least MacGyver, despite it's flaws, had some depth.

If I have a bad day, watch an episode or two of Mac... and I feel better!

Why? Because people are jerks....... dry.gif



"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
MacGyverGod
Posted on 19 October 2016 - 08:42 AM                                    
Quote Post


Director of Intelligence
*********

Posts: 7,777
Joined: 14 Jan 2004
Gender:  Male
Country: Belgium
SAK owned: Don't know

Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity, Passages, Humanity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black/Navy flight
House:  House boat



MacGyver got his head cut three times: The Outsiders, Passages and Good Knight MacGyver. MacGyver got shot in his left side three times as well: Back From The Dead, Cease Fire and Trail of Tears and took one in the left shoulder in Humanity. Maybe left just isn't his good side.

There is nothing cliché about it and pay attention. He got bonked on the head falling face down on the concrete sidewalk. When he comes around in the dream his face's just a bit sandy but no injury. When he gets shot and the dream ends his head is cut from landing on the sidewalk. Not because he had the flower box on the back of his head. It's not that hard to understand.



I think the poison that was used was applied to this knife, passed to the mutton when it was cut and then activated by the wine. - MacGyver.
Sometimes you just have to die a little inside to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.
It's better to be a little sad than to be fake content.

 
PMEmail PosterMSN                                                                     
Top
RadiantRose
Posted on 19 October 2016 - 09:53 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 286
Joined: 30 Aug 2016
Gender:   ---
Country: UK
SAK owned: lots of blades

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Negotiator; Endangered
Vehicle: Truck
Jacket:  ---
House:  House boat



QUOTE (MacGyverGod @ 18 October 2016 - 12:42 PM)
There is nothing cliché about it and pay attention. He got bonked on the head falling face down on the concrete sidewalk. When he comes around in the dream his face's just a bit sandy but no injury. When he gets shot and the dream ends his head is cut from landing on the sidewalk. Not because he had the flower box on the back of his head. It's not that hard to understand.

Although I take your point about the injury, I don't appreciate your tone. And yes, it is a cliché when a character has a serious head injury and the only visible sign is a small cut on one side of the forehead.



"They have no idea how well they cast this."

 
PM                                                                     
Top
RadiantRose
Posted on 20 October 2016 - 07:23 AM                                    
Quote Post


DXS Operative
****

Posts: 286
Joined: 30 Aug 2016
Gender:   ---
Country: UK
SAK owned: lots of blades

Favorites
Season: season 3
Episode:Negotiator; Endangered
Vehicle: Truck
Jacket:  ---
House:  House boat



Also, since Mac fell forward (again, apologies for my error), wouldn't it be more likely that, in addition to any damage to the back of his head that may have occurred, he would either have harmed his arms (if he put them out in time to break his fall) or damaged his face and teeth in falling forwards and not breaking his fall with his arms?



"They have no idea how well they cast this."

 
PM                                                                     
Top
Jediferret
Posted on 20 October 2016 - 09:02 AM                                    
Quote Post


Phoenix Special Agent
********

Posts: 3,482
Joined: 20 Sep 2012
Gender:  Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Spartan

Favorites
Season: season 4
Episode:Deadly Dreams
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket:  Black leather
House:  House boat



Well, you have to remember that this isn't reality. Not to mention everyone is different. One person may sustain damage while another may not... it depends on a number of factors. The show pretty much relies heavily on MacGyver's good luck... which is almost like an ongoing gag.

And some folks, like myself, are just really thickheaded. wink.gif



"Walk in love. Walk in service. And you will walk in honor." (Good Knight MacGyver)
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein
"What are ferrets made of? Happiness."

Twitter ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

 
PMEmail Poster                                                                     
Top
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
 0 Members:
     

 Topic Options Pages: (3) 1 [2] 3  Reply to this topic Fast Reply Start new topicStart Poll