 |
| j12752 |
|
Unregistered
Gender:
Country:
SAK owned:
Favorites
Season:
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:
House:

|
It just slipped through yours and into mine muhahahah
|
| |
|
| Sheepy |
|
Unregistered
Gender:
Country:
SAK owned:
Favorites
Season:
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:
House:

|
Competitive as I am I am still trying to get the last post!
|
| |
|
| MacGyver_92 |
|
Unregistered
Gender:
Country:
SAK owned:
Favorites
Season:
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:
House:

|
*breathily says* omg, tyger!!! the black and white tigers are sooo cute!!!! so so soo cuute!!!!! sweet pix
|
| |
|
| Tygr |
|

DXS Operative
   
Posts: 314
Joined: 9 Apr 2007
Gender: Male
Country: United States
SAK owned: Super Tinker
Favorites
Season: season 2
Episode:Easy Target
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket: Brown bomber
House: Loft

|
This is for all the computer geeks out there!
Abort, Retry, Ignore?
Once upon a midnight dreary, fingers cramped and vision bleary, System manuals piled high and wasted paper on the floor, Longing for the warmth of bed sheets, still I sat there doing spreadsheets. Having reached the bottom line I took a floppy from the drawer, I then invoked the SAVE command and waited for the disk to store, Only this and nothing more.
Deep into the monitor peering, long I sat there wond'ring, fearing, Doubting, while the disk kept churning, turning yet to churn some more. But the silence was unbroken, and the stillness gave no token. "Save!" I said, "You cursed mother! Save my data from before!" One thing did the phosphors answer, only this and nothing more, Just, "Abort, Retry, Ignore?"
Was this some occult illusion, some maniacal intrusion? These were choices undesired, ones I'd never faced before. Carefully I weighed the choices as the disk made impish noises. The cursor flashed, insistent, waiting, baiting me to type some more. Clearly I must press a key, choosing one and nothing more, From "Abort, Retry, Ignore?"
With fingers pale and trembling, slowly toward the keyboard bending, Longing for a happy ending, hoping all would be restored, Praying for some guarantee, timidly, I pressed a key. But on the screen there still persisted words appearing as before. Ghastly grim they blinked and taunted, haunted, as my patience wore, Saying "Abort, Retry, Ignore?"
I tried to catch the chips off guard, and pressed again, but twice as hard. I pleaded with the cursed machine: I begged and cried and then I swore. Now in mighty desperation, trying random combinations, Still there came the incantation, just as senseless as before. Cursor blinking, angrily winking, blinking nonsense as before. Reading, "Abort, Retry, Ignore?"
There I sat, distraught, exhausted, by my own machine accosted. Getting up I turned away and paced across the office floor. And then I saw a dreadful sight: a lightning bolt cut through the night. A gasp of horror overtook me, shook me to my very core. The lightning zapped my previous data, lost and gone forevermore. Not even, "Abort, Retry, Ignore?"
To this day I do not know the place to which lost data go. What demonic nether world us wrought where lost data will be stored, Beyond the reach of mortal souls, beyond the ether, into black holes? But sure as there's #, Pascal, Lotus, Ashton-Tate and more, You will one day be left to wander, lost on some Plutonian shore, Pleading, "Abort, Retry, Ignore?"

'Tis unwise to wake the Tygr.
"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me." - Psalms 23:4
|
| |
|
| MacGyver_92 |
|
Unregistered
Gender:
Country:
SAK owned:
Favorites
Season:
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:
House:

|
thats a long one! but i didnt read it all, im no computer geek!! i just stick to my dozen emails lol
|
| |
|
| Stupid Little Genius |
|

DXS Operative
   
Posts: 397
Joined: 3 Aug 2006
Gender: Female
Country: England
SAK owned: Pink SAK
Favorites
Season: season 2
Episode:Lesson in Evil, Widow Maker
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket: Black leather
House: House boat

|
| QUOTE (Tygr @ 16 August 2007 - 05:49 AM) | Abort, Retry, Ignore? |
 hahahaha  loved that tygr!!!  that really made me laugh! then shiver with dread as i remembered those cursed words apearing when writing my dissertation... and then i lost the lost.... *shudder* insidently i love the raven  (the poem it's based on) it's one of my favorites!!
(\__/) (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into (")_(")your signature to help him gain world domination.
GO BUNNY!! YOU CAN DO IT!!
|
| |
|
| Sheepy |
|
Unregistered
Gender:
Country:
SAK owned:
Favorites
Season:
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:
House:

|
Oh dear lord, I have a stalker!
|
| |
|
| Sheepy |
|
Unregistered
Gender:
Country:
SAK owned:
Favorites
Season:
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:
House:

|
Someone I've met on the internet. We just started talking and all, he;s quite nice actually, but he's blown away by me????  --at--Sluggie: I've only seen your painting just now! I absolutely love it!
|
| |
|
| Stupid Little Genius |
|

DXS Operative
   
Posts: 397
Joined: 3 Aug 2006
Gender: Female
Country: England
SAK owned: Pink SAK
Favorites
Season: season 2
Episode:Lesson in Evil, Widow Maker
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket: Black leather
House: House boat

|
| QUOTE (MacBeth @ 16 August 2007 - 09:34 AM) | | QUOTE (Stupid Little Genius @ 15 August 2007 - 01:53 PM) | | i had one like that.... he even ask me to marry him.... spooky.... he used the whole you blow me away line too.... then wanted my adress |
Jeez, guard your addresses, girls. And run away screaming if the guy says, "You have really great energy." Or "I feel like I've always known you."
And Sluggie (if it's all right to call you that), can I add my name to the list of enthusiastic fans of your painting? Really gorgeous work!
'Beth
|
thank you! and of course you can call me sluggie  ((((MACBETH)))) hey i gave him my uni address  i needed ebay items from him but didn't want to give him my home one
(\__/) (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into (")_(")your signature to help him gain world domination.
GO BUNNY!! YOU CAN DO IT!!
|
| |
|
|
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
|
|
 |
 |
Track this topic
Receive email notification when a reply has been made to this topic and you are not active on the board.
Subscribe to this forum
Receive email notification when a new topic is posted in this forum and you are not active on the board.
Download / Print this Topic
Download this topic in different formats or view a printer friendly version.
|
|
 |
|