 |
| Lothithil |
Posted: 4 September 2007 - 12:10 AM
|

Director of Intelligence
        
Posts: 7,214
Joined: 3 Dec 2005
Gender: Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Camper&Swissbit
Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Serenity
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket: Brown bomber
House: House boat

|
I just woke up from this really bizzare dream where I was playing mahjong with some girlfriends in this strange apartment building. Suddenly it caught on fire--not dangerously so, but kind of annoying, as we were in the middle of a game. A fire truck showed up, and out of it poured a bunch of large men dressed in, I dunno, kind of Gestalt-German military uniform--Hollywood style, with lots of gold epaullettes and buttons-- who didn't really try to put out the fire, but instead began arguing violently with a group of thespians practicing a scene from "OKLAHOMA!" who refused to evacuate. They had nearly come to blows when I jumped up and shouted, "Why don't we take this outside, boys and girls? We'll put you in a ring and fight it out." So we all when outside, and on the way the squabbling contiued, and we jostled a group of men dressed in leather and chaps and chains, and ... well, you get the picture. We all stumbled and staggered out into the street, and while the building began to burn down in ernest, we formed a big circle: firefighters vs. thespians. No fists were thrown, however, because it desolved rapidly into a large-scale karaoke contest of showtunes. The firemen sang 'Have You Heard The Big German Band?' The thespians did the street-fight from 'West Side Story'--still dressed in their "OKLAHOMA!" costumes. The Mahjong women and I sang, of course, 'Three Little Maids From School Are We' from the Mikado. (We did not win.) The bikers sang Queen's 'I Want to Ride My Bicycle'-complete with motorcycle-exhaust accompaniment, then we all joined in for a massive rendition of 'Macho Man' by the Village People. The whole thing was broken up by the arrival of the Keystone Cops, when everybody scattered. So, what do you think... lay off the 'Turner Classic Movies' before bedtime, or what?

Everyone, sometimes, needs a camel.
Old troubleshooters never die... They just wait til the last moment and then rescue themselves!
|
| |
|
| Sheepy |
Posted: 4 September 2007 - 02:19 AM
|
Unregistered
Gender:
Country:
SAK owned:
Favorites
Season:
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:
House:

|
Woooow! And I thought I was the only one who has these nutsy dreams. No idea what it means, but I looked a few things up for you: Games To dream that you are playing games, signifies relaxation or competition. It may also represent the rules you play by. Fire Depending on the context of your dream, to see fire in your dream can symbolizes destruction, passion, desire, illumination, transformation, enlightenment, or anger. It may suggest that something old is passing and something new is entering your life. Your thoughts and views are changing. In particular, if the fire is under control or contained in one area, it is a metaphor of your own internal fire and inner transformation. It also represents your drive and motivation. To dream that a house is on fire, indicates that you need to undergo some transformation. If you have recurring dreams of your family house on fire, then it suggests that you are still not ready for the change or that you are fighting against the change. Alternatively, it highlights passion and the love of those around you. Singing To sing in your dream, represents happiness, harmony and joy in some situation or relationship. You are uplifting others with your positive attitude and cheerful disposition. Singing is a way to celebrate, communicate and express your feelings. To hear someone sing in your dream, signifies emotional and spiritual fulfillment. You are changing your mood and experiencing a more positive outlook in life. Sooooow, it means you're a happy, outgoing and positive minded person (totally agree on this one) but that's your old you and that you should transfer into... what.... a grumpy person?
|
| |
|
| Sheepy |
Posted: 4 September 2007 - 08:17 AM
|
Unregistered
Gender:
Country:
SAK owned:
Favorites
Season:
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:
House:

|
I can do some serious dream analysis if you want. I dream absurd things all the time and curious as I am I just HAVE to know what they mean. Just like when I dreamt about that ENORMOUS spider and the way I killed it.... Oh my! Next week I'll be on Dutch television (as an extra) Right now I can be seen in an interview on regional TV. One day I'll be famous. Hopefully a famous pilot...
|
| |
|
| SAK |
Posted: 4 September 2007 - 08:43 AM
|

DXS Agent
    
Posts: 422
Joined: 13 Dec 2006
Gender: Female
Country: USA
SAK owned: Recruit, Hiker
Favorites
Season: season 1
Episode:I haven't seen them all yet
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket: Brown bomber
House: House boat

|
Sheepy, what do tornadoes mean in dreams? I have recurring dreams that I get caught in a tornado. The scene is different every time, but it is so vivid, it feels real. I can feel the pressure drop in my ears. I can hear the hissing of the wind. I can taste the electricity in the air. I can, of course, see everything whirling around me. I can feel the dust particles stinging my skin all over. I can fell the difficulty of breathing in the tornado. Also, in every dream, I say "I've always dreamed of seeing a tornado, but this is the first time I've seen one in real life!" I'm a storm spotter, but I've never seen a tornado in real life. These vivid, realistic dreams started when I was 5 or 6. Did I get killed in a tornado in a previous life?
I think if you try hard enough and make the best of a situation, the situation won't get the best of you. -MacGyver
|
| |
|
| Tygr |
Posted: 4 September 2007 - 09:43 AM
|

DXS Operative
   
Posts: 314
Joined: 9 Apr 2007
Gender: Male
Country: United States
SAK owned: Super Tinker
Favorites
Season: season 2
Episode:Easy Target
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket: Brown bomber
House: Loft

|
I used to have a lot of falling dreams.  Always onto a concrete surface. And then there was the dream where everything got stuck to the wall. And recently I dreamed I was in a sword fight, but it deteriorated into us hurling swords at each other. And when I was ten I dreamed that I took my Mom's car and drove home from my grandparent's house alone.  I drove good, considering I was ten! Lately I've been having a lot of getting-killed-by-wild-animals dreams. And it's always dark when I get eaten. *Shivers*
'Tis unwise to wake the Tygr.
"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me." - Psalms 23:4
|
| |
|
| Mac |
Posted: 4 September 2007 - 10:24 AM
|

DXS Agent
    
Posts: 571
Joined: 9 Sep 2006
Gender: Female
Country: Canada
SAK owned: Evolution 14
Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Bitter Harvest
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket: Brown bomber
House: House boat

|
Wow, my new SAK really saved the day this weekend! My group was camping several million miles from anywhere when we realised that the idio--erm, person--in charge of bringing beer bought a kind that requires a bottle opener... and no one had thought to bring a bottle opener. However, one bright soul had a SAK with the required implement. I passed my SAK around with a firm warning that I wanted my knife back at some point.  Mac I WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"John Sheppard (writer) sent Richard Dean Anderson to Atlantis on MacGyver and Richard Dean Anderson sent John Sheppard (character) to Atlantis on Stargate. My fandoms are getting to be confusing."
|
| |
|
| Mac |
Posted: 4 September 2007 - 11:06 AM
|

DXS Agent
    
Posts: 571
Joined: 9 Sep 2006
Gender: Female
Country: Canada
SAK owned: Evolution 14
Favorites
Season: season 5
Episode:Bitter Harvest
Vehicle: Jeep
Jacket: Brown bomber
House: House boat

|
| QUOTE (SAK @ 3 September 2007 - 07:11 PM) | | <--- needs to use SAK more often. Had to blow pocket lint out of nooks and crannies, and wipe dust off blades. |
*ggl* Yes you do! I can't recount the number of times I pulled mine out this weekend (and not just for opening beer!  ). Well, my neighbour just came over to drop off something and informed me that I smell like bacon (three days living and cooking over an open flame!  ), so I'm off to Google 'removing smoke smell from self after taking no less than three showers.' Mac who supposes that smelling like bacon is better than smelling like a monkey cage....
"John Sheppard (writer) sent Richard Dean Anderson to Atlantis on MacGyver and Richard Dean Anderson sent John Sheppard (character) to Atlantis on Stargate. My fandoms are getting to be confusing."
|
| |
|
| Sheepy |
Posted: 4 September 2007 - 05:22 PM
|
Unregistered
Gender:
Country:
SAK owned:
Favorites
Season:
Episode:
Vehicle:
Jacket:
House:

|
About those dreams: Tornado To see a tornado in your dream, suggests that you are experiencing some extreme emotional outbursts and temper tantrums. Is there a situation or relationship in your life that may be potentially destructive? To dream that you are in a tornado, signifies that you are feeling overwhelmed and out of control. You will be met with a series of disappointments for the next week or so. Your plans will be filled with complications. To see several tornadoes in your dream, represent people around you who are prone to violent outbursts and shifting mood swings. It may also symbolize a volatile situation or relationship. Fall To dream that you fall and are not frightened, signifies that you will overcome your adversities with ease. To dream that you fall and are frightened, indicates a lack of control, insecurity, and/or lack of support in your waking life. You may be experiencing some major struggle and/or overwhelming problem. It may denote that you have failed to achieve a goal that you have set forth for yourself. To dream that you are free-falling through water, indicates that you are feeling overwhelmed with emotions. You may feel that it is easier to give up then to try to stay afloat or prevent yourself from going under. Also: Storm To see a storm in your dream, signifies o verwhelming struggle, shock, devastating loss and catastrophe in your personal affairs. The storm also represents unexpressed fears or emotions, such as anger, rage, turmoil, etc. On a more positive note, the storm signifies the rising of spirit within. To dream that you take cover in a storm, foretells that whatever disturbance or problems is occurring in your life will quickly blow over. Consider also the phrase "weather the storm", which suggests your ability and strength to withstand whatever comes Sword To dream that you are wielding a sword, represents your ambition, competitive nature decisiveness and will power.. You seek to hold a position of prestige, authority, and distinction. Alternatively, the sword can be seen as a phallic symbol and thus represent masculine power. Animals To see animals in your dream, represents your own physical characteristic, primitive desires, and sexual nature, depending on the qualities of the particular animal. Animals symbolizes the untamed and uncivilized aspects of yourself. Thus, to dream that you are fighting with an animal signifies a hidden part of yourself that you are trying to reject and push back into your subconscious. Refer to the specific animal in your dream. To dream that animals can talk, represents superior knowledge. Its message is often some form of wisdom. Alternatively, a talking animal denotes your potential to be all that you can be. Could you be a little more specific on the type of animals, Tygr? Anyone else?
|
| |
|
|
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
|
|
 |
 |
Track this topic
Receive email notification when a reply has been made to this topic and you are not active on the board.
Subscribe to this forum
Receive email notification when a new topic is posted in this forum and you are not active on the board.
Download / Print this Topic
Download this topic in different formats or view a printer friendly version.
|
|
 |
|